PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc NI April Weekend

drathzel
21st-February-2006, 08:57 PM
A few people have been asking about my event in April, so I thought the easiest thing would be to put a thread (with Franck's permission :worthy: ) on the forum and give everyone a chance to get all the information

Guest Teacher Steve Lampert

The Workshops
Saturday 1st April

11am-1pm –Back to Basics (all levels)
1pm-3pm – Do Your Thang (Beginners/Improvers)

Sunday 2nd April

1pm-3pm – Twist It (Beginners/Improver)
3pm-5pm – Can You Feel It (all levels)

The Party

Ceroc is giving you your chance to get your party gear on for our
‘All That Glitters’ Themed party. 7.30pm til Late! With Fun Class and
Special Showcase by Steve Lampert and Danielle Rathzel

Cost
1 Workshop £12.50
2 Workshops + Party £30
Full Weekend Pass £45
Party £8

Events Held at :- Belfast Boat Club, Stranmillis

If you are interested or want any info send me a pm :flower:

P.S Yes the workshop titles are all supposed to be names of songs :blush:

Lynn
21st-February-2006, 10:26 PM
I'm going! :clap: :D

Dizzy
21st-February-2006, 10:31 PM
I booked my flights tonight, I'm going!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

What an opportunity to see another part of the world!!! :D

Northants Girly
21st-February-2006, 10:38 PM
Oh hun :( . . . . . we're gonna be at Rockbottoms I.O.W. that weekend :tears:

Lots and lots of luck with it though - hope everyone has a great time :clap:

FirstMove
22nd-February-2006, 01:25 AM
Am looking at flights...

TheTramp
22nd-February-2006, 01:49 AM
I'm going!! :clap: :D

Dan Hudson
22nd-February-2006, 12:55 PM
I'm going!! :clap: :D:what: :what: :sick:

Dan Hudson
22nd-February-2006, 12:56 PM
Sorry D, am djing a muggles party that weekend :blush: :tears:

under par
22nd-February-2006, 01:05 PM
Oh hun :( . . . . . we're gonna be at Rockbottoms I.O.W. that weekend :tears:

Lots and lots of luck with it though - hope everyone has a great time :clap:

Us too , Mrs Par and I will be crossing the water to the Isle of Wight for RB.

Hope the event is a great success:cheers: :cheers: and will look out for the dates for the next one you do, as I haven't been to NI for long time.:hug: :clap:

drathzel
22nd-February-2006, 02:32 PM
Sorry D, am djing a muggles party that weekend :blush: :tears:

:tears: for dan, NG and UP!

Rhythm King
22nd-February-2006, 03:11 PM
Unfortunately I'm probably going to miss this as my knee won't be fully recovered by then. Just wanted to wish you the best of luck with the weekend and your showcase :flower: .

Let us know when you're having another one though and maybe I can make that.

R-K :hug:

jammy
23rd-February-2006, 01:03 AM
will try my best to come hunni!:hug: ill try drag the family too:grin:

drathzel
23rd-February-2006, 11:05 AM
will try my best to come hunni!:hug: ill try drag the family too:grin:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lucy Locket
23rd-February-2006, 02:20 PM
Got a hen night to go to that weekend, so sorry. Have a great time x

johnah
23rd-February-2006, 03:41 PM
:kiss: Hiya Danielle, would have loved to come over to support you but, unfortunately, we'll be in the Hunter Valley, Australia at Mark Harding's Aussie Weekender that very same weekend. :tears:

Hope you have a great event and that our friends in NI etc have a great time.:cheers:

Dreadful Scathe
23rd-February-2006, 06:15 PM
I'd love to come too, but Ill be on a 5 star cruise round the world with nude servants on call 24 hours for me and Fi and an entire room full of cuddly yet chewable toys for Niamh.

I may cancel that and come anyway, will let you know ;)

Jive Brummie
23rd-February-2006, 08:53 PM
And I'm going with DS:whistle:

j.

drathzel
24th-February-2006, 06:44 PM
I'd love to come too, but Ill be on a 5 star cruise round the world with nude servants on call 24 hours for me and Fi and an entire room full of cuddly yet chewable toys for Niamh.

I may cancel that and come anyway, will let you know ;)

You could always combine the two:devil:

drathzel
27th-February-2006, 02:56 PM
Not trying to bring this to the top at all:whistle: :devil:

spindr
27th-February-2006, 03:02 PM
D'you have any more info' about the workshops other than the informative titles (Back to Basics, Do Your Thang, Twist It and Can You Feel It)?

SpinDr

drathzel
27th-February-2006, 03:09 PM
D'you have any more info' about the workshops other than the informative titles (Back to Basics, Do Your Thang, Twist It and Can You Feel It)?

SpinDr

Back to Basics..... covering the basics of ceroc and building a solid foundation for your dancing

Do you thang.... is a workshop about freestyling

Twist it...... is a workshop aimed at people ready to move from beginners to intermediate

Can you feel it..... is a style and musicality workshop

The workshop levels are based on the level of dancers in Northern Ireland

BUT we also have a fantastic evening party :clap:

TheTramp
27th-February-2006, 04:43 PM

I did want her to call it the S&M workshop. But she didn't go for that :tears:

spindr
27th-February-2006, 05:05 PM
Ok, I was assuming it was blues :)

drathzel
28th-February-2006, 02:11 PM
I did want her to call it the S&M workshop. But she didn't go for that :tears:

def not, altho that would make for an interesting sunday afternoon!:rofl:

Lynn
10th-March-2006, 01:33 PM
Not long to go now!:D

drathzel
14th-March-2006, 11:19 AM
Not long to go now!:D

:yeah: anyone wanting to book better get their skates on:D

Lynn
14th-March-2006, 11:30 AM
Anyone coming over for the weekend, I can help with airport collection/returns, (depending on flight times). I'm also happy to be a 'dancing tour guide' for the Fri night - options are tango and salsa (or both!).

drathzel
26th-March-2006, 08:39 PM
SSSShh lynn dont give them new options! We only supply Ceroc!!! he he

Any takers, we still have tickets:D

Lynn
26th-March-2006, 10:35 PM
SSSShh lynn dont give them new options! We only supply Ceroc!!! he he Only as little 'side shows' to the main event (ie just on Fri night). Anyway, a trip to the local Fri night salsa venue (you know where I mean :wink: ) would be a good illustration of why I don't dance salsa and am so glad Ceroc has opened. I could probably only manage 5 mins there myself (extremely smoky). If I stayed near the door. :devil:

Looking forward to the weekend!:clap: (And to my two lovely forumite house guests - finally got the spare room sorted this afternoon!)

drathzel
26th-March-2006, 10:42 PM
Anyway, a trip to the local Fri night salsa venue (you know where I mean :wink: )

You mean the place you go to dance but dont dance cuz there is so little space that you spend half of your time with your nose in someone elses back??????

TheTramp
26th-March-2006, 10:45 PM
You mean the place you go to dance but dont dance cuz there is so little space that you spend half of your time with your nose in someone elses back??????

I got put off by the sound of how smoky it is.

I vote that we go find the nearest curry restaurant! :clap:

drathzel
26th-March-2006, 10:47 PM
I got put off by the sound of how smoky it is.

smokiness of the venue is the least of your problems.

Sorry did you say someting else????

Lynn
26th-March-2006, 10:54 PM
You mean the place you go to dance but dont dance cuz there is so little space that you spend half of your time with your nose in someone elses back??????I thought it was with someone else's elbow in your back? That was my experience (the one and only time I ever went).

I vote that we go find the nearest curry restaurant! :clap: Curry it is then!

TheTramp
26th-March-2006, 11:20 PM
Curry it is then!

Fantastic.... :cheers:

drathzel
27th-March-2006, 12:04 PM
Fantastic.... :cheers:

OR
as lynn and i have discussed we could maybe go for an hour, just you know to make sure we get a chance to speak to people who may be coming at the weekend!!

and we can still do curry!:D

Dizzy
27th-March-2006, 01:08 PM
OR
as lynn and i have discussed we could maybe go for an hour, just you know to make sure we get a chance to speak to people who may be coming at the weekend!!

and we can still do curry!:D

Is this all happening on friday night then??
Oh well, won't be able to make it as I am being taken into the city for a night out. :D

I will play it by ear though as I am not really structured in my plans yet :wink:

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 01:23 PM
Is this all happening on friday night then??
Oh well, won't be able to make it as I am being taken into the city for a night out. :D Depending on where you go, you might be near us anyway. Lots of night life round the uni area.

I don't mind what I do, I am flexible - as long as I get to Tango! (8-10pm)(Last week of the course). There are usually a few folk who just come and watch the class, so that is an option pre-curry/coffee/salsa/whatever (as long as no-one laughs at me trying to do tango!)

drathzel
27th-March-2006, 04:40 PM
(as long as you laughs at me trying to do tango!)

*points at lynn*:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dizzy
27th-March-2006, 05:14 PM
*points at lynn*:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Aww, that's not nice!!
I'm sure that you are fab at Tango, Lynn :worthy:

drathzel
27th-March-2006, 05:17 PM
Aww, that's not nice!!
I'm sure that you are fab at Tango, Lynn :worthy:

she told us to laugh...or did i read/copy it wrong?:whistle:

Lynn
27th-March-2006, 06:12 PM
she told us to laugh...or did i read/copy it wrong?:whistle::rolleyes: So you won't be at tango then...

Diz, I'm sure I'll be fab at tango in only oh, about 20 years time. Or maybe 30...

For now I'm at the 'intense look of concentration' but to be honest I'm pretty oblivious to anyone aside from my partner, except for those times the teacher is standing about 2 feet away watching our progress!

TheTramp
31st-March-2006, 01:30 PM
Much better now that they have internet at the airports to pass the time with while waiting for your plane.

Arrive in Belfast for my first visit to NI in a couple of hours. Really looking forward to it :D

Lynn
31st-March-2006, 04:01 PM
Arrive in Belfast for my first visit to NI in a couple of hours. Really looking forward to it :D So are we!:clap:

See you soon!:D (in oh, about 20 mins...)

JonD
31st-March-2006, 04:28 PM
Have a great weekend! I hope it goes really, really well.

drathzel
2nd-April-2006, 09:26 PM
Hey All,

The weekend went fab, everyone enjoyed themselves! I have lots of lovely photos

Am going to bed, will report all tom!

Lynn
3rd-April-2006, 12:36 PM
The weekend went fab, everyone enjoyed themselves! :yeah:

I have lots of lovely photos Phew, none of me then!

My review

Workshops - at a very suitable level for the dancers here. Good amount of technique as well as refreshing some moves they knew and adding new moves. Nice relaxed atmosphere, I could tell people were comfortable and enjoying themselves - and learning! Smaller nos meant there was individual feedback on occasions which I know some guys found helpful.

Party - great balance of male/female, great atmosphere, good range of music well suited for the dancers here.

Personal comments

Several things that I especially liked -

As well as learning I could see an increase in confidence in the guys. Steve told them it was normal for guys to have those panic 'what move do I do next?' moments and showed some filler moves to give them thinking time. He also said several times that it was OK if a move goes wrong. These are things that some of us girls have said to them before but I think hearing it from an experienced male lead was reassuring. I could see the difference in their freestyling on Sat night. And of course as they got more confident, they were enjoying themselves more and therefore more relaxed and dancing better.

Dancing with Trampy :hug: - lovely to dance with an experienced male lead in Belfast and it put me into 'don't think, just follow' mode for the party.

Having Dizzy visiting. :hug:

Seeing friends I have known for years begin to discover the fun of partner dancing.

The fun partner swap - treble trouble dance with Trampy, Dizzy and Drathzel. :D

Jive Brummie
3rd-April-2006, 08:23 PM
Well done Danielle on your first weekender...:flower:

Now where are the piccies?

JB x x

Dizzy
3rd-April-2006, 08:54 PM
Ok, just got back from the airport and the first thing I do is look at the forum.... :whistle:

My review of the weekend:

The workshops were very informative and I have to say that even the beginner classes taught me a lot - not in the form of moves but Steve actually taught a lot of basic connection :worthy:. I agree with Lynn that the classes definitely helped the guys attending to relax and get comfortable with actually enjoying the dances instead of worrying about which move to do :clap: :clap:.

The party night had a warm, relaxed atmosphere and the music started up quite classic ceroc but then it was expected with the level of dancing that was there, but Steve did try and introduce some more 'alternative' music like Blues and Swing to try and inspire the guys. The cabarets that Danielle and Steve performed were very well designed - one dance was freestyle with just basic ceroc moves to show the audience what could be achieved simply, then a dance of 'Steve' moves :drool:.

Personal Highlights:

Being able to spend the weekend with Lynn and Steve :clap: :clap: :flower:. Thank you Lynn for putting up with me. :love:

Seeing my Best friend Marian again, who is currently living in Belfast. She is now Jetgirl on the forum :clap: :clap:. Seeing her inspired by dancing with Steve and watching Lynn, Danielle and myself dancing.

Dancing with Lonewolf several times and enjoying every minute :hug:.

Going out to Belfast with Marian for several drinks :whistle:.

Double and triple dancing with Steve, Danielle and Lynn :clap: :hug:

Steve reminding me why I chose the name Dizzy :whistle:

All in all, I feel that it was definitely a successful weekend with a relaxed, friendly atmosphere. Will definitely be going back to Belfast soon :clap: :clap:.

Lynn
3rd-April-2006, 10:34 PM
Will definitely be going back to Belfast soon :clap: :clap:.:clap: :clap: :clap:

TheTramp
3rd-April-2006, 11:27 PM
Will definitely be going back to Belfast soon :clap: :clap:.

:yeah:

I had a great time too. Thank you for the positive comments on the workshops. (where do I sent the cheques?).

Well done to Danielle for organising such a good weekend on her first attempt. :respect:

Can't wait until I get to go back. Definitely going to spend more time looking around NI next time.

drathzel
3rd-April-2006, 11:47 PM
I'm really glad everyone had a good time!

Thanks to Steve for coming over and teaching, i think the guys especially found it useful to have a male dancer to look up to and a male teacher to teacher them the manly stuff.

Thanks to Lynn for her hospitallity of Steve and Dizzy and for constantly being a pillar of support in the ceroc community and for me personally!

Thanks to Dizzy for dancing as a man and a women in the workshops and making up the numbers when we were lacking in one sex! Also for bringing something only she can bring to a weekend!

Thanks to LW for coming along (being dragged) and learning and dancing, and entertaining my mum!

Thank you to everyone who i danced with especially the D-T, Partner Swaps and Triple Trouble with the affore mentioned dancers.

Ok about the weekend.

Steve covered loads of basic techniques as well as something a bit more challenging for those who were ready. The 4 workshops were a success with at least 10 people at each one.

The all that glitters party was successful, with everyone having fun at the class, getting up and dancing, patiently watching the showcase and staying til after the music stopped. We had a few people who had never danced before and even they were up giving it some on the dance floor. Our regular men where there practicing their techniques from the saturday workshops and as lynn said, you could see the confidence growing as the night went on!

As a organised weekend, well i think everyone enjoyed it and i cant wait to do the next one, hopefully some more forumites will join us!

Steve, you are welcome back anytime, as are you Dizzy! I think the NI dancers would be happy to see you!

Photos posted tomorrow as i have not got the correct cable!:hug:

Jetgirl
4th-April-2006, 09:55 AM
Hi,

I had lotsa fun, was very informative and nice to see the potential ceroc has. I have to say I didn't realise it could be quite so, er, sexy!!!!

Thanks Danielle for your brilliant organisation and encouragement; to Lynn and all the dancers (dunno all your id's on the forum, sorry) for making it a fun social event as well as a workshop; to Dizzy for being as crazy as ever (promise I'll not tell anyone about Fri night...heh heh) and to Steve for showing potential in ceroc and ceroc-ers rather than just showing off!

Thanks again,

Miss 'why don't I just buy shares in Easyjet, it'd be cheaper!' J.

Rhythm King
4th-April-2006, 10:50 AM
Hi Jetgirl and welcome to the Forum

to Dizzy for being as crazy as ever (promise I'll not tell anyone about Fri night...heh heh) .
I don't think you've quite got the hang of this, the idea is you tell everyone about Friday night! :D

R-K :flower:

Jetgirl
4th-April-2006, 12:02 PM
Hi Jetgirl and welcome to the Forum

I don't think you've quite got the hang of this, the idea is you tell everyone about Friday night! :D

R-K :flower:

Hehehe, I'm gettin as much outta this little gem as possible; it's not often that I have any good (or recent) dirt on Dizzy....:wink:

Thanks for the welcome too :grin:

drathzel
5th-April-2006, 11:53 PM
Some Photos

drathzel
6th-April-2006, 12:04 AM
here is a few more

drathzel
6th-April-2006, 12:06 AM
and some more

drathzel
6th-April-2006, 12:10 AM
another lot!

I thought about putting the names up but i dont want to get them wrong:flower:

drathzel
6th-April-2006, 12:22 AM
last ones

Tiggerbabe
6th-April-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks Danielle, lovely to see the photos :hug:

Dizzy
6th-April-2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the photos Danielle :clap: :clap:

mikrik
11th-April-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the link to the Pics ,
and a big thank you for all those who travelled over to join in and encourage us . I had a great night at the party. Some of the ladies had certainly pushed the boat out and were looking extra fab.

I have of course forgotten much of Steves' instruction and advice , but as he said it's in there somewhere and it'll come out again with a bit of gentle persuasion .

Can't wait to do it all over again .