PDA

View Full Version : Southport - September 2006...

TheTramp
21st-February-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh. Go on then Jonnah.

Who's teaching! :rolleyes:

Minnie M
21st-February-2006, 05:36 PM
I believe there is yet another WCS god :worthy: :worthy:

I noticed JA are taking bookings for Sept 06 - does this mean there will not be the "Early Bird" discount for those attending the June 06 event :tears:

johnah
21st-February-2006, 05:46 PM
Oh. Go on then Jonnah.

Who's teaching! :rolleyes:

:respect: OK Steve, seeing as it's you that's asking!

We've pulled off a little bit of a coup, so we're truly delighted to be welcoming for the very first time in the UK, BENJI SCHWIMMER [son of Buddy] the current USA Open Swing Dance Champion.

When it comes to dance, think of a young Fred Astaire - we kid you not! Benji's performances are breathtaking and his dancing talent is absolutely awesome.

For those who saw Jordan & Tatiana's mind-blowing performances at Southport in June 2005 well, just wait until you see Benji - if you love to see the very best and have an opportunity to be taught by them, then September's Southport is not to be missed. :respect: Benji will also be performing in cabaret.

Whilst Benji is headlining our September line-up, a host of other high quality teachers are being assembled including:

Amir Giles • Viktor Andreke • Adam & Tas •
Joseph & Trisha • Howard & Nicola • Emma Sabin

Others are being added and the latest news will appear on our website in due course.:cheers:

Minnie M
21st-February-2006, 05:47 PM
:respect: BENJI SCHWIMMER [son of Buddy] the current USA Open Swing Dance Champion
:respect: :worthy: :respect: :worthy: :respect: his IS amazing :clap:
see for yourself :-
http://www.usopenswingdc.com/benjiandheidi.html

Cruella
21st-February-2006, 05:51 PM
:yeah: So looking forward to seeing Benje in the flesh:clap:

johnah
21st-February-2006, 05:54 PM
I believe there is yet another WCS god :worthy: :worthy:

I noticed JA are taking bookings for Sept 06 - does this mean there will not be the "Early Bird" discount for those attending the June 06 event :tears:

Your belief is spot on, his name is BENJI SCHWIMMER - absolutely awesome!!
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: His father has taught just about anyone and everyone including Jordan & Tatiana. Simply, not to be missed!!

Yes, we're taking bookings now for September but that doesn't mean our "special deal" exclusive to those attending at Southport weekend and booking during the weekend won't be available, because it will be!! :flower:

Geordieed
22nd-February-2006, 10:34 AM
Sigh of relief. Thanks guys and thank you Johnah for the info.:)

And thank you Trampy for starting up the thread.

Well done to the person/people for bringing Benji across. Benji and Heidi are well worth making the trip to see. I am also looking forward to seeing them freestyle.

Sparkles
22nd-February-2006, 12:20 PM
[ tongue in cheek mode on ]... in a way I wish you wouldn't bring these amazing dancers over for the dance weekenders - when they come and join the freestyle I always spend a couple of hours agonising over whether or not I'm brave enough to ask them for a dance... it's TORTURE! *sigh* [/ tongue in cheek mode ]

Really looking forward to another great weekender :clap:

johnah
22nd-February-2006, 12:31 PM
Sigh of relief. Thanks guys and thank you Johnah for the info.:)
And thank you Trampy for starting up the thread.

Well done to the person/people for bringing Benji across. Benji and Heidi are well worth making the trip to see. I am also looking forward to seeing them freestyle.

:yeah: Perhaps you should ask dear old Trampy and he'll tell you who's bringing them to Southport!!:rofl:

TheTramp
22nd-February-2006, 12:32 PM
dear old Trampy

Oy. Less of the 'old'.

And I'm not that expensive! :what:

DianaS
22nd-February-2006, 12:36 PM
:respect: OK Steve, seeing as it's you that's asking!

We've pulled off a little bit of a coup, so we're truly delighted to be welcoming for the very first time in the UK, BENJI SCHWIMMER [son of Buddy] the current USA Open Swing Dance Champion.

When it comes to dance, think of a young Fred Astaire - we kid you not! Benji's performances are breathtaking and his dancing talent is absolutely awesome.

For those who saw Jordan & Tatiana's mind-blowing performances at Southport in June 2005 well, just wait until you see Benji - if you love to see the very best and have an opportunity to be taught by them, then September's Southport is not to be missed. :respect: Benji will also be performing in cabaret.

Whilst Benji is headlining our September line-up, a host of other high quality teachers are being assembled including:

Amir Giles • Viktor Andreke • Adam & Tas •
Joseph & Trisha • Howard & Nicola • Emma Sabin

Others are being added and the latest news will appear on our website in due course.:cheers:
Hi John,
Tango went really well at Scarbororough Is there going to be an AT strand at Southport :nice:

johnah
22nd-February-2006, 12:38 PM
Hi John,
Tango went really well at Scarbororough Is there going to be an AT strand at Southport :nice:

Yes, Ivan will be teaching improver classes following on from Scarborough.:flower:

johnah
22nd-February-2006, 12:41 PM
Oy. Less of the 'old'.

:hug: Sorry Stevie, you might not be "that expensive" but you are appreciated as you should well know! :respect: :respect: :respect:

DianaS
22nd-February-2006, 12:58 PM
Yes, Ivan will be teaching improver classes following on from Scarborough.:flower:
Excellent! Ivan recommended an AT class in Birmingham and so I should be in a position to benefit from an improvers class.
You know I've noticed since I started taking classes, there does seem to be considerable interest in AT especially within the forum http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36 (Tango world!).
i'm just wondering is it worth having a Milonga late one afternoon or perhaps an hour early in the evening in the blues room, where we can meet and have an hour or so...
Its so tricky when a track comes on to try and spot people within a general freestyle that can do a AT track justice!
Hmmm sounds like a new thread starting :)

Lynn
22nd-February-2006, 01:15 PM
i'm just wondering is it worth having a Milonga late one afternoon or perhaps an hour early in the evening in the blues room, where we can meet and have an hour or so... Yes, I think there will be at Southport - some of us have been talking about it on here since about December (its mentioned on one of the Tango threads I think). And we know Johnah listens to what the dancers would like. :flower:

Lynn
22nd-February-2006, 01:16 PM
Yes, Ivan will be teaching improver classes following on from Scarborough.:flower::clap: :respect: Great!

TheTramp
22nd-February-2006, 01:39 PM
i'm just wondering is it worth having a Milonga late one afternoon or perhaps an hour early in the evening in the blues room, where we can meet and have an hour or so...
Its so tricky when a track comes on to try and spot people within a general freestyle that can do a AT track justice!

Ummm. Why in the blues room. Is it just me, or wouldn't that me much more suited to the latin room??

Geordieed
22nd-February-2006, 01:43 PM
Be good to see you too Mr Trampy. Giving lifts to champions that do aerials.

I went to my first Soutport last year and had such a brilliant time. At the time a friend commented that he would have enjoyed watching the WCS element of the event more if the dance had aerials in. Different divisions contains different criteria. Benji and Heidi compete in a category that allows lifts. WCS is performed with a huge amount of musicality and people can see how musical the dance can be with aerials within the content.

I suppose if you are going to see it for the first time you may as well see it from the best.

senorita
22nd-February-2006, 01:46 PM
Oy. Less of the 'old'.

Priceless is the word :respect:

senorita
22nd-February-2006, 01:49 PM

WOW!! :respect: :drool: :drool: :drool: burn my socks off!
I wanna learn WCS now

johnah
22nd-February-2006, 01:51 PM
Ummm. Why in the blues room. Is it just me, or wouldn't that me much more suited to the latin room??

It won't be in the Blues Room Steve, perhaps in the Latin but more likely the Dance Den. :wink:

Jive Brummie
22nd-February-2006, 09:32 PM
Inspired from one of the other Southport threads...

Does anyone know the teacher line up for September?

(come on Johnah..spill it)

James.

Cruella
22nd-February-2006, 09:44 PM
Try here (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7816)

Jive Brummie
22nd-February-2006, 09:53 PM
Do'h!

Auntie Barb
30th-May-2006, 10:11 PM
I am looking forward to seeing and dancing with all the people who know me from sunny Scotland, especially those from Edinburgh. Have a great time eveyone!!!:clap:

drathzel
9th-July-2006, 08:30 PM
Can anyone tell me when we need to pay by? ( if we are supposed to have already, sorry! will send money asap!)

Lucy Locket
9th-July-2006, 08:45 PM
Can anyone tell me when we need to pay by? ( if we are supposed to have already, sorry! will send money asap!)

I think it's 1st August?????????