PDA

View Full Version : Self inflicted embarrassment...

Jive Brummie
20th-February-2006, 10:02 PM
The 5 things that most people don't know about you, thread got me thinking about this and I'm interested in hearing everyone elses....erm....stuff.

In the thread mentioned and when I posted on it only a few years ago I said that I'd been in the air force for 8 years (or so) and it's the best job in the world...blah, blah, blah.:blush:

A couple of years on and the opposite is sooooo very true. My priorities have completely changed, I'm having to look to the future and this statement made me cringe more than I'd ever have thought it could have.

The job is not the only thing, when I think of some of the things I've done or said...I'd rather hide than show my face.

Once when teaching in Perth I went to say ladies if you like you can shake your tush at this point...and mixed it up with the word bum...the end product was 'bush'. I knew at the exact point I'd said it that I'd made a bit of a boo boo, but couldn't stop laughing, (along with the rest of the class).

So what have you all done or said over the past few days, months or years that you really wish you hadn't?

Come on confess all...

J.

*disclaimer*...i don't regret everything I've said though and indeed some things I'd say again...and again...and again:devil:

LMC
21st-February-2006, 10:14 AM
OMG, too many to mention. The most recent and relevant one has to be my temper tantrum over photos of me on the forum :rofl:

I've been working on my issues around that *pulls sick face at own psychobabble* and have decided that the best policy is probably not to care any more :rolleyes: - probably a Good Thing as there will be many cameras at the London Eye event this Friday!

jivecat
21st-February-2006, 10:26 AM
Come on confess all...

After many years of suffering from chronic embarrassment I was hoping I'd finally kicked the habit. Don't let me stop the rest of you, though.....
:D

Sparkles
21st-February-2006, 11:16 AM
I embarrass far too easily - just ask Silverfox :blush:

Little Monkey
21st-February-2006, 02:24 PM
I get very easily embarrassed too....... And go bright pink! Like making me stand in front of lots of people at Daventry, to give the cake to Sheepy.... Not to mention dancing with him in the birthday jam, and being soooo nervous I missed every single lead!

Actually, people just need to tell me I'm going pink, and I'll glow like a beacon for no reason whatsoever, apart from being embarrassed about being pink!!!:o

I shouldn't have told you this, should I.........:what:

doc martin
21st-February-2006, 07:11 PM
I get very easily embarrassed too....... And go bright pink! Like making me stand in front of lots of people at Daventry, to give the cake to Sheepy.... Not to mention dancing with him in the birthday jam, and being soooo nervous I missed every single lead!

Actually, people just need to tell me I'm going pink, and I'll glow like a beacon for no reason whatsoever, apart from being embarrassed about being pink!!!:o

I shouldn't have told you this, should I.........:what:
BWAHAA HA HA HA HAAA

See you some time soon? 4419

Little Monkey
21st-February-2006, 07:30 PM
BWAHAA HA HA HA HAAA

See you some time soon? 4419

Evil, evil, evil man!!!!

*LM turns bright pink, starts sobbing, and runs off to hide in a cupboard*

doc martin
21st-February-2006, 07:55 PM
Evil, evil, evil man!!!!

*LM turns bright pink, starts sobbing, and runs off to hide in a cupboard*
*Opens door of cupboard*

Do you want to borrow a brown paper bag? Oh! You've already got one. OK. No, no, the eye holes are meant to be at the front. Of course you look lovely like that.

*Leads LM out of the cupboard*

Now, come and talk to Jive Brummie. He's very nice 4420

Jive Brummie, have you met Little Bush Monkey.... * whoops *

Minnie M
21st-February-2006, 11:32 PM
Many years ago when I was young and vain (before I had my contact lenses) I had a friend named Martin Sussyman, he had a nickname of Pussyman or Pussy for short - OK some of you can work out what comes next .......... for those who haven't .......

We were on a train and I thought I saw him (minus glasses at the time) and started yelling out, Pussy, hey Pussy ......... and as the Martin Sussyman look-a-like didn't respond, I shouted even louder, still not responding... I scrambled through the many many travelllers to be faced with a man I had never seen in my life before :blush: :blush: :blush: and a lot of people looking at me (plus the ones looking for the cat) :blush:

KatieR
22nd-February-2006, 08:23 AM
Well, I have to say that only last night I think I did a majorly good job of inflicting some embarrassment upon myself. I was dancing with a lovely dancer and all was going very well, up until the point he led a move that I thought was something completely different and ended up lying flat on my back on the floor with said dancer looking over me from above.

:blush:

Minnie M
22nd-February-2006, 09:09 AM
Well, I have to say that only last night I think I did a majorly good job of inflicting some embarrassment upon myself. I was dancing with a lovely dancer and all was going very well, up until the point he led a move that I thought was something completely different and ended up lying flat on my back on the floor with said dancer looking over me from above.

:blush:
Oh dear - poor you ............... Never assume :blush: I have that printed in my head, but sometimes forget too :tears:

Little Monkey
22nd-February-2006, 03:20 PM
*Opens door of cupboard*

Do you want to borrow a brown paper bag? Oh! You've already got one. OK. No, no, the eye holes are meant to be at the front. Of course you look lovely like that.

*Leads LM out of the cupboard*

Now, come and talk to Jive Brummie. He's very nice 4420

Jive Brummie, have you met Little Bush Monkey.... * whoops *

You just wait until I dance with you next! I'll....... I'll.......... Ummmmmmmmmm.......... I'll............

*LM goes even brighter pink and runs off to find a cupboard with a lock on the inside*

:tears:

Angelina
22nd-February-2006, 04:45 PM
I have learned from my mistakes!

Unfortunately this means that i spend most of the time thinking things through rather than actually doing/ saying them!:sick:

That is of course until i have had a drink... and can never remember what i have said then! so no harm done?! :whistle:

Jive Brummie
22nd-February-2006, 09:22 PM
I have learned from my mistakes!

Unfortunately this means that i spend most of the time thinking things through rather than actually doing/ saying them!:sick:

Arrrrr,

There's your problem...too much thinking is bad for you apparently.

Just get stuck in.

j x x

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
23rd-February-2006, 12:15 AM
I'm currently going through one of those phases where EVERYTHING embarrasses me! Little tiny things that no one would think about twice, *******s.