PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im New!

xXBeccaBabyXx
19th-February-2006, 09:41 PM
:worthy:

Hi everyone..howz it going? :respect:

Im new to this site and i have only just met Ceroc..it looks really good but i am scared the moves will be too hard to do! I am interested in people's opinion on how you are doing

i will be going to aberdeen classess!

thanks people

xXBeccaBabyXx

under par
19th-February-2006, 10:32 PM

Im new to this site and i have only just met Ceroc..it looks really good but i am scared the moves will be too hard to do! I am interested in people's opinion on how you are doing

thanks people

xXBeccaBabyXx

Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy the banter.

Don't worry about the moves , its the men who have to learn how they are done you respond and follow.
A skill in itself (I can't do it!)!

Under Par

Lynn
19th-February-2006, 10:54 PM
Im new to this site and i have only just met Ceroc..it looks really good but i am scared the moves will be too hard to do! I am interested in people's opinion on how you are doing Welcome to the forum.:flower: Don't worry about moves looking hard to do, they are easier to do than they look! And it doesn't matter if you get it wrong, just smile and keep dancing!

I was only dancing a few weeks when I found this forum - lots of friendly people on here so feel free to ask any questions.

Lynn

xXBeccaBabyXx
19th-February-2006, 11:30 PM
thanks guys! seems to be really friendly people here judgin by the posts i have read!

how much does it cost for a class anyway? :drool:

Andy McGregor
20th-February-2006, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the forum hope you enjoy the banter.

Don't worry about the moves , its the men who have to learn how they are done you respond and follow.
A skill in itself (I can't do it!)!

Under ParOf course Mr Par meant to say "usually it's the men". There's no reason why the women can't learn to lead - but women usuall learn to follow first.

On the subject of the complicated looking moves, they're all an optical illusion. All the moves are simple, they're just walking and waving to the beat. If you can walk and wave you can do this dance. Some people might say it's a special skill that takes years to get. These people do not wear shoes with laces ...:innocent:

Lorna
20th-February-2006, 10:35 AM
Hello,

welcome to the forum.

I am one of the ceroc teachers in Aberdeen. I teach the Tuesday night class in Peterculter. We have a huge ceroc dance scene in Aberdeen. Classes 3 nights a week. See main website for details. www.cerocscotland.com

Membership is normally £1 and the classes are £7 per night. Beginners class at 7.30pm and dancing till 10.30pm. I think there is a new members promotion on the main page of the website so use this and you should get in for £4, I think, on your first night.

Hope to see you on a Tuesday some time.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Asif
20th-February-2006, 12:18 PM

thanks people

xXBeccaBabyXx
Hi BeccaBaby, Welcome to the Forum.

Ceroc is DEAD EASY - it just looks hard and is a great way to impress your non-dancing friends!!

I've never been up to Scotland but from what i hear, they're quite a friendly bunch up there and their dancing is not too bad either (obviously not as good as us down south though :whistle: ), so i'm sure you'l have a great time.

Asif :hug:

Heather M
20th-February-2006, 12:19 PM
Welcome to the forum! :nice: :flower: :hug:

jacksondonut
20th-February-2006, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the Forum, a great place to 'meet' new people and have lots of fun too!! :clap: :clap:

Its addictive!! Hope you have a great time dancing..once you get the hang of it you will never want to stop..... :flower:

Jan x

TheTramp
20th-February-2006, 01:50 PM
Hope to see you on a Tuesday some time.

:yeah: What Lorna said...

I'm the DJ on a Tuesday night, and I do try to dance a little to. Hope you can make it out sometime....

Heather
20th-February-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm the DJ on a Tuesday night, and I do try to dance a little to.

:rofl: :rofl:

A master of understatement !!!

:hug:

Heather

Dave T
20th-February-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm the DJ on a Tuesday night, and I do try to dance a little to.

Cant believe you managed to say that with a straight face. One of the biggest understatements I've heard in a long while.

Dave

Donna
20th-February-2006, 02:10 PM

thanks people

xXBeccaBabyXx

Welcome to the forum BeccaBaby! I must warn you...it's very, VERY addictive. Enjoy anyway.

Donna
x

TheTramp
20th-February-2006, 02:14 PM
Cant believe you managed to say that with a straight face. One of the biggest understatements I've heard in a long while.

Well. I was trying to move on. Someone told me the other day that they thought I wasn't really a beginner anymore....

Heather M
20th-February-2006, 02:26 PM
Well. I was trying to move on. Someone told me the other day that they thought I wasn't really a beginner anymore....

Really?! :rolleyes: :nice:

Dave T
20th-February-2006, 02:31 PM
Really?! :rolleyes: :nice:

:rofl: :rofl:

Gadget
20th-February-2006, 02:54 PM
Yea - he's not feeling very well - sometimes he even forgets that one move he keeps getting wrong.

Becca: I'm another Tuesday night person :flower: hope to see you there some time, but it's a bit out of town - Wednsedays at Jumping Jacks is great fun, as is Thursday at the Station Hotel :cool:

One peice of advice; wear smooth soled shoes - there is a bit of spinning involved and it's really hard with sticky trainers. :flower:

Piglet
20th-February-2006, 05:44 PM
Becca: I'm another Tuesday night person :flower: hope to see you there some time
:yeah: Me too!

It's great fun, hope you can make one of the Aberdeen classes soon - I try to do as many as I can so hopefully will bump into you somewhere along the line.:flower:

Alley Cat
24th-February-2006, 02:10 PM
Hi

I was out last night with a pal at Chicago Rock in 'sunny' Aberdeen - saw a bunch of folk dancing really well, asked one of them what it was all about - sorry if that was you, white top, black trousers, me breathing beer all over you, and was bowled over with it all, so he and I will be signing up for classes ASAP! Looks cool!

Cheers!
Alley cat:devil:

fletch
24th-February-2006, 04:08 PM
Hi

I was out last night with a pal at Chicago Rock in 'sunny' Aberdeen - saw a bunch of folk dancing really well

Firstly wecome BeccaBaby you will make freinds and have fun.:flower:

Its soooooooooooooo cool when you are out at 'normal' places and you get a chance to dance :respect: