PDA

View Full Version : C2D Hot tips for competitors

Keith
27th-February-2003, 03:27 AM
Now that’s got your attention;
I'd just like to wish everyone, on behalf of the C2D team, all the very best on the day, a safe journey & a fun filled weekend.
Have a good one,

Keith:cheers:

Dancing Veela
27th-February-2003, 12:07 PM
Thanks Keith - good title for the thread!!!!!! Some real tips would have been even better :wink:

Can't wait to get down to Blackpool and start dancing and to meeting everybody at Forum Corner.

Especially looking forward to all our dances Tramp!

DVx

TheTramp
27th-February-2003, 12:13 PM
:sorry

Wow. I'm honoured to be mentioned separately.

Looking forward to dancing with you too DV. Will you be sober this time?? :rolleyes:

Hope you all have safe journeys down from bonnie Scotland.

Steve

CJ
27th-February-2003, 12:27 PM
Absolutely gutted I can't be there, but fly the flag!!!

No, that doesn't mean kick the buggers. Party on, dance your socks off and come back with some great stories.

Anyone competing, good luck. But HAVE FUN.

Q: doing housey stuff, and domestic duties... can someone please tell me I'm not joining the realms of the grown ups. Please. PLEASE.:tears: :tears: :tears:

Lou
27th-February-2003, 12:56 PM
Good luck to everyone here who is competing. I hope the judging is fair, the best dancers are recognised, and most of all that everyone has a really great time :grin: (i'm not jealous, honest!)

Can I ask a big favour, please?

Could someone please record the results & post them quickly on here, so that we non-attendees get to know what happened?

Cheers! :cheers:

Jayne
27th-February-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
Can't wait to get down to Blackpool and start dancing and to meeting everybody at Forum Corner. Can someone remind me what we'd arranged please - I acn't remember! :tears:

I remember it was in the Scottish corner (as opposed to Scotch Corner) but what was the time?

Cheers!
J :nice:

TheTramp
27th-February-2003, 01:02 PM
Jayne

We're meeting outside the Blackpool Tower at 9pm.

Honest :rolleyes:

Steve

linda
27th-February-2003, 01:53 PM
Fly the flag

Yes CJ we will be flying many flags in Scottish Corner especially the MAd Crew from Dundee.:grin: :grin: looking forward to meeting everyone from the Forum and also renewing old aquaintances. Will you manage to fit in a dance with this mere beginner Steve? I know you'll be in great demand, and Gus remember me? All I got in Glasgow was a hug:yum: maybe this time I can get a hug and a dance:wink:

:cheers:

Linda

The Moving finger writes: and having writ, moves on. Edward Fitzgerald

Will
27th-February-2003, 02:09 PM
Yeah, Where are and when is the Forum gathering again?

Gus
27th-February-2003, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by linda
......and Gus remember me? All I got in Glasgow was a hug:yum: maybe this time I can get a hug and a dance:wink:

:cheers:

Linda

But of course ... though you may not want to get that close ... currently chain drinking lemsip and overdosing on Neurofen (?) .... managed to get a cold .... with only 48 hours before I've got to get my sorry butt onto that dancefloor this is not the kind of last minute preparation I had in mind.

Seriously though ... anyone know any drugs that can 'postpone' a cold for 6 hours or so .... not really bothered about the afteraffects ... just so I can dance through a round or so withgout needing a hankie ..... got no pockets on my trosers:tears:

Jayne
27th-February-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Gus
Seriously though ... anyone know any drugs that can 'postpone' a cold for 6 hours or so .... not really bothered about the afteraffects ... just so I can dance through a round or so withgout needing a hankie ..... got no pockets on my trosers:tears:

Errm, well I can think of somewhere else to keep your hankie... :wink:

As far as I know the only thing to kill a cold is time. Chicken soup doesn't work. You could try pain killers and putting head between a bowl of steaming menthol and a towel.

BTW - I was thinking of you putting your hankie up your sleeve...

Get better soon

Gus
27th-February-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
Errm, well I can think of somewhere else to keep your hankie... :wink:

I've got enough problems at the moment trying to minimise 'bulges' without trying to stuff a hankie down there aswell (when you see the trousers, the problem will become clear):sorry :sorry :tears: :wink:

Current strategy is Sudafed ....... and enough Bacardi and Coke so I stop being bothered about it:waycool:

Jayne
27th-February-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Gus
I've got enough problems at the moment trying to minimise 'bulges' without trying to stuff a hankie down there aswell (when you see the trousers, the problem will become clear):sorry :sorry :tears: :wink:

Current strategy is Sudafed ....... and enough Bacardi and Coke so I stop being bothered about it:waycool:

Gus, babe, why are you putting your arms in your trousers - I said to put it up your sleeve!!! :wink: :wink:

Have you tried some soluble pain killers in the bacardi and coke? :devil: BTW: beecham's powders in tea - don't go there. Trust me.

John S
27th-February-2003, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Gus
....... just so I can dance through a round or so without needing a hankie .....

Carefully planned arm movements so your partner has her back to you at the right moment and can't see what you're doing, and of course long sleeves, should see you ok.

:sick:

Gus
27th-February-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by John S
Carefully planned arm movements so your partner has her back to you at the right moment and can't see what you're doing, and of course long sleeves, should see you ok.

:sick:

Oops ... in my confusion I thought you were suggesting I use the back of my partner's dress as a hankie!!:tears: Thanks for the tip John, but unfortuntely all my dress budget would stretch to was a T-shirt.