PDA

View Full Version : The Beautiful Truck

Cruella
16th-February-2006, 02:12 PM
So who else has been hit by the beautiful truck and who started it in the first place?

you've been hit by the

|^^^^^^^^^^^^|
|BEAUTIFUL TRUCK | '|""";.., ___.
|_..._...______===|= _|__|..., ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@

ONCE YOU'VE BEEN HIT, YOU HAVE TO HIT 8 BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE, IF YOU GET HIT AGAIN YOU'LL KNOW YOUR REALLY BEAUTIFUL! HIT WHO EVER YOU THINK IS BEAUTIFUL IN THEIR OWN SPECIAL WAY x x x__________________

Allez-Cat
16th-February-2006, 02:15 PM
Mine was much more fun, it was delivering cases of Chardonnay!

LMC
16th-February-2006, 02:16 PM
I've had a couple. I'm a bad evil person who obviously hates the people who sent the e-mail to me because I'm not sending it back.

I bloody hate chain letters - whatever the content :mad:

Dizzy
16th-February-2006, 02:20 PM
I've had a couple. I'm a bad evil person who obviously hates the people who sent the e-mail to me because I'm not sending it back.

:yeah:

Sorry but am not a fan of these either. I really don't care how much luck I will get from sending these messages to the world and it's wife, I never do :angry:

WittyBird
16th-February-2006, 02:21 PM

Surely if it was a chain letter , it would say something along the lines of 'if you don't hit 8 people within the next 10 seconds you will be ugly for ever and rot in hell' ?

Oh well just a thought :rofl: too much grumpyness around today :whistle:

Lynn
16th-February-2006, 02:21 PM

I bloody hate chain letters - whatever the content :mad:I'm not a fan either. I have enough emails that I need to reply to that actually involve engaging in dialogue with someone. I don't mind some forwarded jokes sent on but not the chain ones.

Cruella
16th-February-2006, 02:28 PM
This was a PM not an email so i sent it on. Must admit if i get chain emails i tend to delete them in case of viruses. I do sometimes forward jokes though if i've found them particularly funny.

ducasi
16th-February-2006, 02:55 PM
What I don't understand is I got mine from someone I don't know... :confused:

TheTramp
16th-February-2006, 03:02 PM
I hate ALL chain emails/PMs. And normally just delete them on sight.

I did get 2 "warning" emails recently, about viruses that will fry my hard drive, destroy my house, and murder my firstborn*.

Of course, these are always a load of crap, and I did take the 10 seconds it took to verify that they were crap, and send the link back to the person who sent me the email.

*I might be slightly exaggarating here...

drathzel
16th-February-2006, 03:03 PM
So who else has been hit by the beautiful truck and who started it in the first place?

i got it! but didnt start it!:)

Sparkles
16th-February-2006, 03:04 PM
i got it! but didnt start it!:)
Mee too. :blush:

Donna
16th-February-2006, 03:12 PM
I hate chain mail too! Who on earth sits at their computer for hours and draws out something like that? Someone who needs to get a job! :mad:

LMC
16th-February-2006, 03:15 PM
The ones which *really* p*** me off are the emotional blackmail ones - "if you love me, you'll send this back to me and to at least 1,237 other people, if you don't then you are a cold-hearted evil unfeeling person*" - usually attached to some sickeningly cheesy poem or story - either "heartwarming" or "heartrending".

*Yep, your point was?

The other ones which p*** me off most are the silly quizzes and questionnaires which threaten all sorts of horrible consequences if you don't forward them on within a specified time limit.

For some reason, 419s (http://www.oft.gov.uk/Consumer/Scams/Nigerian+letters.htm) whilst irritating, don't annoy me quite so much - I occasionally get some fairly amusing ones in my work e-mail.

Donna
16th-February-2006, 03:19 PM
[QUOTE=LMC]The ones which *really* p*** me off are the emotional blackmail ones - "if you love me, you'll send this back to me and to at least 1,237 other people, if you don't then you are a cold-hearted evil unfeeling person*" - usually attached to some sickeningly cheesy poem or story - either "heartwarming" or "heartrending".

More like evil to send all that to some other superstitious person who has then got to waste loads of credit by passing it on to loads of people.
Take no notice. Delete and forget about them.

Asif
16th-February-2006, 03:23 PM
I hate chain mail too! Who on earth sits at their computer for hours and draws out something like that? Someone who needs to get a job! :mad:
Did someone say Job?? I wish..... :sad:

Donna
16th-February-2006, 03:25 PM
Did someone say Job?? I wish..... :sad:

Hey we're never satisified are we? Those who work don't want to and vice versa. Money doesn't grow on trees though..as they say.

Asif
16th-February-2006, 03:56 PM
Hey we're never satisified are we? Those who work don't want to and vice versa. Money doesn't grow on trees though..as they say.
We could easily solve that by starting up a job-share scheme. We all do the one job but just take it in turns - then we can work when we want to and not work when we don't want to.

whaddya think? :wink:

Piglet
16th-February-2006, 06:56 PM
Mee too. :blush:
:yeah: Meee threee! I thought it was cute and lovely :hug:

pjay
16th-February-2006, 09:51 PM
I did get 2 "warning" emails recently, about viruses that will fry my hard drive, destroy my house, and murder my firstborn*.

*I might be slightly exaggarating here...

I'm pretty sure I've seen emails that make this claim...

I find this one interesting, given that really it's pretty much like sending admiration - except that it's not anonymous...

I ignored the 8, and sent it on to 3 people whom I think are are beautiful people.