PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions needed: Good quality cotton shirts

Clive Long
15th-February-2006, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I need to buy some decent shirts for work. Do M&S still stock shirts using the "Oxford Weave" material? It is a "heavy thread" cotton where you can actually "see the weave". I am really looking for something with a bit of "texture". The down-side to M&S shirts is they are generous around the middle, and even though I ain't Mr. Pencil, since I lost weight (stress, women troubles) I don't need such room around my midriff (thankfully).

Any idea if there are sales on at the shirt places such as Lewins or Pinks?

Ta,

Clive

LMC
15th-February-2006, 07:22 PM
I have a couple of shirts from Haines & Bonner (they do men's and women's shirts) - www.haines-bonner.co.uk

My "local" is on the corner of Drury Lane and Long Acre and I've found them extremely helpful in there. The shirts are not M&S cheap, unless they are on sale, but are high quality (and easy to iron, a big plus IMO).

El Salsero Gringo
15th-February-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi,

I need to buy some decent shirts for work. Do M&S still stock shirts using the "Oxford Weave" material? It is a "heavy thread" cotton where you can actually "see the weave". I am really looking for something with a bit of "texture". The down-side to M&S shirts is they are generous around the middle, and even though I ain't Mr. Pencil, since I lost weight (stress, women troubles) I don't need such room around my midriff (thankfully).

Ta,

CliveLewins *always* have 50%-off vouchers hanging around the front desks of large city companies, and their stores are virtually never without a sale of some kind or other (how they don't get nabbed by Trading Standards I don't understand).

I will have a think about how to get you some vouchers.

Clive Long
15th-February-2006, 09:09 PM
<< snip >>
I will have a think about how to get you some vouchers.
In exchange for me frequenting the all new, improved Muswell Hill dance emporium maybe?

ssh!! You don't think he noticed do you?

Clive

El Salsero Gringo
15th-February-2006, 09:22 PM
ssh!! You don't think he noticed do you?

Clive
Not a word to anyone - I promise.

Tiggerbabe
15th-February-2006, 09:40 PM
Not a word to anyone - I promise.
Crikey, you don't think we read ALL this stuff, do you?:rofl:

PretzelMeister
15th-February-2006, 09:40 PM
Hi,

Ta,

Clive

Haven't had a look meself but noticed in Lewins' window in Glasgow that they're doing 4 shirts for £100 at present. Suspect same is true 'round your neck of the woods - was mentioned in Sunday Times 2 Sundays ago too - so guess you'd better be quick!...

PM

David Bailey
16th-February-2006, 11:33 AM
<No, because then you'd know that tags are the best way to display secret images>

:confused: :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
16th-February-2006, 11:42 AM
<no, because="" then="" you="" d="" know="" that="" tags="" are="" the="" best="" way="" to="" display="" secret="" images="">

:confused: :whistle:Tease.
</no,>