PDA

View Full Version : In London tomorrow night - 15th Feb

JonD
14th-February-2006, 05:16 PM
I'm in London tomorrow night and staying near Paddington. Where should I go dancing? Ashtons or Jive Bar seem the MJ options. Is there a good AT venue that would provide an alternative?

Can anyone offer guidance to this bumpkin from deepest, darkest Devon?

David Bailey
14th-February-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm in London tomorrow night and staying near Paddington. Where should I go dancing? Ashtons or Jive Bar seem the MJ options. Is there a good AT venue that would provide an alternative?

The Dome in Tufnell Park does a Milonga on Wednesday evenings - see here (http://www.zerohour.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/milonga.html) for details.

Oh - and welcome back oh Tango Agony Uncle :)

JonD
14th-February-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks David - I'll think about the Dome but I suspect I'll whimp out and stick to MJ.

"Tango Agony Uncle"? I'll be in agony by the time Julie finishes trying to teach me the 5 minute(!) AT routine she choreographed while she wasn't skiing.

LMC
14th-February-2006, 05:50 PM
Aw, I'll miss you :tears: - going to Stevenage tomorrow night.

Good to have you back though, although philsmove and spindr have occasionally taken pity on us, it's been like the blind leading the blind on the learning tango thread! Hope we get to dance sometime :nice: - and please keep us posted on progress of the routine :D

Lory
14th-February-2006, 06:12 PM

I believe there's Tango at Chiswick Town (http://www.tango-federico.co.uk/londontango.php)hall but if you whimp out of that, Ashtons is a good night! :nice:

Andreas
14th-February-2006, 06:25 PM
And there is always Tango in Action: http://www.tangoinaction.com/setup.htm

DaveD
14th-February-2006, 08:05 PM
Strangely, I'm heading Londonwards tomorrow too. Last time I went to Jive bar it was a bit quiet - have all the forumites switched to Ashtons?

Might give Ashton's a try this time, though its a bit of a hike on the tube... :sad:

Dave

Little Em
14th-February-2006, 08:08 PM
or if your in the midlands you could come along to Leicester -

we are having a valentines theme night (:eek: )

:love:

Missy D
15th-February-2006, 12:45 AM
Ashtons! I always enjoy it there! Not sure if i can make it tomorrow though!

Dizzy
15th-February-2006, 12:58 AM
I'll be at Ashtons if anyone is going :clap: :clap:

Doc Iain
15th-February-2006, 03:50 PM
If you want to venture down south then there is Wessex house in Clapham, just opposite clapham junction station. Smallish venue with about 150 ppl per night, very young average age for a ceroc venue too.... probably ususally around 25-30?.... somthing like that!
Have a fab night whereever you go!

stewart38
15th-February-2006, 05:50 PM
Ashtons! I always enjoy it there! Not sure if i can make it tomorrow though!

Im going to Ashtons tonight for the first time (on a wednesday)

be gentle with me if you go :whistle:

Missy D
15th-February-2006, 07:12 PM
Im going to Ashtons tonight for the first time (on a wednesday)

be gentle with me if you go :whistle:

OMG I'm coming! might make it to Ashtons too:clap:

David Bailey
15th-February-2006, 07:41 PM
OMG I'm coming! might make it to Ashtons too:clap:
I'm going (to Ashtons).

I'll probably regret it...

dee
15th-February-2006, 07:46 PM
Oh thats it you lot rub it in :mad:

What am i doing? oh bl88dy staying in with still 9 :tearing hair out icon: :angry:

WittyBird
15th-February-2006, 07:47 PM
Oh thats it you lot rub it in :mad:

What am i doing? oh bl88dy staying in with still 9 :tearing hair out icon: :angry:

Handcuff her to the cooker and I will see you there then matey :whistle:

Robin
15th-February-2006, 07:50 PM
Stevenage has Mike Harding doing a "special" if anyone is going - should be busy as he's had loads of phone calls asking where he's teaching tonight! - apparently.

Angel
15th-February-2006, 07:57 PM
I have never been to Ashtons i take it it's a good venue to go to?

dee
15th-February-2006, 07:59 PM
Handcuff her to the cooker and I will see you there then matey :whistle:

I wish i could :tears: You should of said you were packing yours off to Scotland as she could of gone with her :tears:

Missy D
15th-February-2006, 08:14 PM
I have never been to Ashtons i take it it's a good venue to go to?

Nor me! maybe one day when student travel is free. But, until such time i am with much homework followed by an exciting episode of Coronation Street. Life is such a joy.

dee
15th-February-2006, 08:23 PM
Nor me! maybe one day when student travel is free. But, until such time i am with much homework followed by an exciting episode of Coronation Street. Life is such a joy.

Would you like to earn some money baby sitting? :whistle:

stewart38
16th-February-2006, 04:51 PM
Would you like to earn some money baby sitting? :whistle:

Ive told you before your old enough now to stay in without us getting a baby sitter for you :grin:

Missy D
16th-February-2006, 05:44 PM
Ive told you before your old enough now to stay in without us getting a baby sitter for you :grin:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

JonD
17th-February-2006, 01:59 AM
I went to Ashtons and had a really good evening. I didn't knowingly meet any forumites though! I got there in time for the beginner class which started at about 8 - and discovered what a "Ceroc Spin" is; I'd been wondering for ages. I thought the intermediate class was good and it's given me an alternative to the neck-wrap push spin with which to surprise ladies who dance with me frequently.

I found almost everyone friendly and had some cracking dances - some really good dancers there. I sat with a couple of ladies one of whom was there for her first week and the other who'd been coming a couple of weeks. I enjoyed dancing with them and a couple of other beginners as well. The highlights were dancing with some really fun ladies who joined in laughing and camping it up to some great Latin tracks.

It made a rather tedious business trip a lot more fun. Next time I'll try to arrange to stay over on a Monday night so I can get to the Monday Lush!

Lory
17th-February-2006, 12:33 PM
I went to Ashtons and had a really good evening. I didn't knowingly meet any forumites though!
:what:

I was there, along with ..
Kev f
Dizzy
Wittybird
DavidJames
Stewart38
MissyD
GroovyDancer
Lindyloo
TiggsTours
and Asif, just off the top of my head :rolleyes:

David Bailey
17th-February-2006, 12:34 PM

Kev f
Dizzy
Wittybird
DavidJames
Stewart38
MissyD
GroovyDancer
Lindyloo
TiggsTours
Blimey, I didn't see any of those... Where were you? Where was I, in fact? :confused:

senorita
17th-February-2006, 12:34 PM
I'm going (to Ashtons).

I'll probably regret it...

You wont regret it! :nice:
Thanks for turning up...when I'm not gonna be there :tears: :tears:

Lory
17th-February-2006, 12:41 PM
Blimey, I didn't see any of those... Where were you? Where was I, in fact? :confused:
I know it was weird, I was sat right by the entrance to the dance floor by the bar. Dizzy told me that you, S38 and WB were there but I didn't see any of you, even though i looked :confused:

I did dance with Groovy dancer, Kev and Asif though :)

JonD
17th-February-2006, 01:15 PM
Jeez. I should have asked them to make an announcement and we could have had a mini forum gathering. What a shame - it would have been great to meet you all.

Asif
17th-February-2006, 02:00 PM
Jeez. I should have asked them to make an announcement and we could have had a mini forum gathering. What a shame - it would have been great to meet you all.
Good idea as i STILL don't know what DavidJames looks like - or maybe i do but i just don't know it :confused: .

Dizzy
17th-February-2006, 02:19 PM
You should have said as I gave DJ a hug goodbye with Witty as I was sitting with you at the exit :D

Never mind!! :rolleyes:

Northants Girly
17th-February-2006, 02:41 PM
Good idea as i STILL don't know what DavidJames looks like - or maybe i do but i just don't know it :confused: .This might help (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=144423&highlight=Finchley#post144423) :na:

David Bailey
17th-February-2006, 05:09 PM
This might help (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=144423&highlight=Finchley#post144423) :na:
You're truly evil :clap:

(and I know who you dug that up from... :whistle: )

David Bailey
17th-February-2006, 05:10 PM
I know it was weird, I was sat right by the entrance to the dance floor by the bar. Dizzy told me that you, S38 and WB were there but I didn't see any of you, even though i looked :confused:
Maybe there were two Ashtons? It's the only rational explanation, when you think about it.

dee
17th-February-2006, 05:22 PM

Kev f
Dizzy
Wittybird
DavidJames
Stewart38
MissyD
GroovyDancer
Lindyloo
TiggsTours

:tears: :tears: :tears:

I couldn't go as i have one thats still 9 :tears: :tears:

Can't even go tonight :tears: :tears:

I will be an OAP before i can get out properly :mad:

Clive Long
17th-February-2006, 08:13 PM
Good idea as i STILL don't know what DavidJames looks like - or maybe i do but i just don't know it :confused: .
I will resist the temptation to say the gods are in your favour then. :devil:

I am his body double - or at least his hair double - see the photgraphic evidence above

CRL