PDA

View Full Version : Picture

Missy D
14th-February-2006, 11:33 AM
I am new to this forum and finding it hard to sort out my profile. It says that in the advatar section i can choose a picture that defines myself. Being not like a Mister Man I had to choose a cartoon like girl. I want to put my own picture on there question is HOW?

I really hope i can get to grips with this.

Appreciate any help!

Chloe

LMC
14th-February-2006, 11:36 AM
Unless you pay £15 Silver membership you're restricted to the pictures listed when you look at your profile.

HTH (& welcome :nice: )

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
14th-February-2006, 11:37 AM
Hey Chloe, welcome to the forum. If you want to use your own picture for your avatar you have to sign up fot the 'senior membership' I think thats £15? If you don't wanna pay the extra then maybe you could just post a picture on your profile instead. Hope that helps.

Jazz x

Lynn
14th-February-2006, 11:37 AM
I am new to this forum and finding it hard to sort out my profile. It says that in the advatar section i can choose a picture that defines myself. Being not like a Mister Man I had to choose a cartoon like girl. I want to put my own picture on there question is HOW?
As far as I am aware, you need to be a paid up member before you can download your own avatar.

Course I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this as I am a paid up member and still can't change my avatar (I was trying to yesterday). I'm getting tired of being Little Miss Naughty!

EDIT - I'm clearly a bit slow today!

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
14th-February-2006, 11:38 AM
Damn it, LMC beat me to it :rolleyes:

LMC
14th-February-2006, 11:39 AM
It could be that the picture you want to use is too big Lynn? - borrow mine to "test" if you like :hug:

Missy D
14th-February-2006, 11:39 AM
Oh I see! Well being a pennyless student i will just have to remain a cartoon girl or a Mister Man for now.

Thank you for the quick reply!

Lynn
14th-February-2006, 12:02 PM
It could be that the picture you want to use is too big Lynn? - borrow mine to "test" if you like :hug:It says it's under the size allowed - I was going to 'test' with the pic of my new shoes. I can attach it, then I click 'save changes' - but it doesn't.:tears:

Donna
14th-February-2006, 12:43 PM
Ok Chloe what you need to do it this:

Send a picture of yourself from your mobile phone to e-mail or find a way of somehow transferring a picture of yourself to your computer. Save it in a file.

Next step

Click on User CP on the top bar (the orange one, not your toolbar)

Look down the left hand side under settings and options and click on 'Edit Profile Picture'.

Click on browse and find the file in which you saved your picture. You will see the file name appear in the one of the boxes. REMEMBER to click on 'SAVE CHANGES'.

Et Voila! :flower:

LMC
14th-February-2006, 12:46 PM
^^^ Those instructions are for the profile picture, which people will be able to see if they click on your name to see the profile. As Jazz_Shoes said, that might be an alternative to being able to choose your own avatar.

Lynn
17th-February-2006, 01:44 AM
Course I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this as I am a paid up member and still can't change my avatar (I was trying to yesterday). I'm getting tired of being Little Miss Naughty! Woohoo! I'm not a small round purple thing any more!:D :clap:

Minnie M
17th-February-2006, 02:32 AM
It says it's under the size allowed - I was going to 'test' with the pic of my new shoes. I can attach it, then I click 'save changes' - but it doesn't.:tears:
and they are boooootiful :yeah: :flower: