PDA

View Full Version : Friends Reunited

stewart38
14th-February-2006, 11:25 AM
Ive just got an e-mail from this site from a person i use to go to school with, given the day (14th feb) i hope he didnt fancy me back then :blush:

I went on the site about 3 years ago saw a few names but it never came to anything and have never met up with any old school/Poly/work friends. In fact my membership expired 2 yrs ago, I see the price has gone up 50% now Ive rejoined

What have other peoples expereince been of the site

I did fancy a girl in junior school and she fancied me i think (I was cute then) cant find her details so have know way of knowing if I could reck her marriage :whistle:

I believe in the reason,season.lifetime approach

Pammy
14th-February-2006, 02:02 PM
I did join when it first came out and got in touch with people I'd long since lost contact with, which was nice. Over time though we've all pretty much parted again as we've all moved in such different circles there isn't really much to say after the initial "the last x amount of years I've been ...."

Although I'm no longer a member of the site, I did get an e-mail last week asking me to go to a reunion. I didn't much like school (and believe it or not was incredibly shy :blush: ), so I have no intention of going to that to reminiss over rotten memories of days I'm glad are long behind! :na:

Donna
14th-February-2006, 03:03 PM
I tried a couple of months ago but heard nothing....:sad:

dee
14th-February-2006, 03:35 PM
I joined this site last year, was nice to chat to people i had been friends with at school but we never acually met up as they all seemed to have husbands and didn't have time, well that was there excuse. Was also nice to type in the area in which we lived and get in touch with all the peolpe i used to play with down my road, but again all those seemed to of been married and only wanted to chat via email which was nice but i would of rather of met up even if it was for an hour. My membership ran out a few months ago and i have not yet renewed.

p.s Im sure i wasn't that bad as a child :tears:

Stuart
14th-February-2006, 03:49 PM
I joined a couple of years ago, but never actually got around to contacting anybody. I've stayed in touch with my closest friends from school and there wasn't anybody on there that I would have gone out of my way to contact.

I've only had two messages from the site, both of which were from my old secondary school trying to get me to part with my hard earned cash for various school projects. I gleefully deleted those straight away!

Northants Girly
14th-February-2006, 04:11 PM
I joined ages ago. Then a couple of years ago a school reunion was organized via the website.

As we walked through the park to the football/cricket club building where it was taking place my friend told me off for walking too close to the bushes (it was kinda dusk) - "Remember you're back in Xxxxx now!" she said :rolleyes:

Said friend cheered up as we entered the building and we had the first look at the other attendees . . . .
"I'm happy now!" she said, "They are all fatter than me!" :grin:

We spent the evening chatting to ~ 20 folk we couldn't really remember (Well, it was 20 years since we all left and we came from a large comp with over 200 in just our year group!) and drinking bottles of larger for ~ 50p each! (They do still sell it so cheep up there!) :sick:

Then as we were saying goodnight to everyone I realized some lowlife had nicked my mobile phone :angry:

The next week I removed all my details from said website and vowed to never have anything to to do with school reunions again!

Ba humbug :(

stewart38
14th-February-2006, 04:28 PM
Unaltered comments from my old school mate that contacted me today

I havent seen him in 23yrs :blush:

The guy was always up for a challange and we told him 90 secs was the record for holding tightly a lit lightbulb, do you know how hot those things are !! :rofl: we managed a few secs and he burnt his hand doing 90 secs :rofl: we were about 15 at the time

I didnt know i had a sense of humour then :blush: I guess we dont change

------------------------------------------------

Wow! What a guy has to do to get laid these days!

I was married once, ended around 1999 somewhen, and I have two kids 18 and 14. Happily alone now after may last long term relationship ended last November.

Tell you what, when you get back from Russia give me a bell and we'll meet up for a drink *******. I really can't remember the light bulb, but i do remember Stephen, and I remember that you had a wicked sense of humour that always made me laugh!

Donna
14th-February-2006, 05:11 PM
The guy was always up for a challange and we told him 90 secs was the record for holding tightly a lit lightbulb, do you know how hot those things are !! :rofl: we managed a few secs and he burnt his hand doing 90 secs :rofl: we were about 15 at the time

MEN! Is all I can say to that!

------------------------------------------------

Wow! What a guy has to do to get laid these days!

I was married once, ended around 1999 somewhen, and I have two kids 18 and 14. Happily alone now after may last long term relationship ended last November.

Tell you what, when you get back from Russia give me a bell and we'll meet up for a drink *******. I really can't remember the light bulb, but i do remember Stephen, and I remember that you had a wicked sense of humour that always made me laugh!
_____________________[/QUOTE]

Missy D
15th-February-2006, 12:38 AM
I joined 3 years ago and found my first proper boyfiend. It was great to catch up. He had since married and had a child. We chatted lots then i realised that he was still annoyed with me for finishing with him. He had wanted to marry me but i was only 19 and wanted to do so much more.

I also found my school friends. A school reunion was arranged and all went all well until this group of women (the original school bullies) came in linked arm in arm and just starred at us. I smiled but, they were still out to bully us even though we were adults. They were still big and scary. 2 of my friends went home crying. It was awful! Can you believe there are such awful people around.

My subscription has since lapsed and i am in no hurry to renew it!

Sometimes i think its a good thing to leave the past in the past and just remember the happy times.

stewart38
15th-February-2006, 10:47 AM
I joined 3 years ago and found my first proper boyfiend.

I was 25 when i found my first proper girlfriend you must have been a late developer :whistle:

Pammy
15th-February-2006, 12:36 PM
they were still out to bully us even though we were adults.

That is kind of how I imagined it to be. People at school who you were incredibly scared of, who made your life a misery, who in later years you come to realise were absolute idiots, thick as two short planks, who get a kick out of making others feel worthless. I have no intention of letting that sort of person resurect themselves after said no. of years.

Sometimes i think its a good thing to leave the past in the past and just remember the happy times.

I'll second that. :clap:

marty_baby
15th-February-2006, 01:14 PM
....oh so sad guys!

I've had a really good experience with Friends re-united.

Must be over 4 years go... one of my best friends got in touch with me... we did an informal get together of all the boys in one of the local pubs in the area we all grew up in.

It was so nice to catch up - with everyone.

You guys experienced serious bullying? guess this "bullying" issue is not a new fad at all. I had some of that as well growing up - but nothing that left a lasting effect on me. I suppose I'm lucky - being a likeable, amiable, cocky kinda chap - I never ended up in bad situations.

Best Wishes
Martin

stewart38
15th-February-2006, 01:21 PM
....oh so sad guys!

I've had a really good experience with Friends re-united.

Must be over 4 years go... one of my best friends got in touch with me... we did an informal get together of all the boys in one of the local pubs in the area we all grew up in.

It was so nice to catch up - with everyone.

Best Wishes
Martin

Are you still seeing them

marty_baby
15th-February-2006, 02:57 PM
Are you still seeing them

Bit of a funny direct question!?!!? :)

Not regularly to be honest with you. We are all doing different things now, and live miles apart. But it is so nice to know we can get together, and all the old mannerisms and comfortable comaderie will just click into place - bit like putting on an old favorite shirt etc. (funny anology! :rofl: )

All the best
Martin
:cheers:

stewart38
15th-February-2006, 04:24 PM
Bit of a funny direct question!?!!? :)

Not regularly to be honest with you. We are all doing different things now, and live miles apart. But it is so nice to know we can get together, and all the old mannerisms and comfortable comaderie will just click into place - bit like putting on an old favorite shirt etc. (funny anology! :rofl: )

All the best
Martin
:cheers:

You said the guys on here were sad etc you had met up and had fun etc

So i thought it seem logical to ask if you still saw them,sorry if you thought it was direct :sick:

Are you sleeping with any of them now would seem more direct

well are you :grin:

Pammy
15th-February-2006, 04:35 PM

If he is, he must be. Very that is. :wink:

LMC
15th-February-2006, 05:17 PM
I joined 3 years ago and found my first proper boyfiend
:rofl: nice one...

I registered in Nov 2001 (but never paid up) and spookily discovered that there was a reunion for our school year the next day. So as I didn't have time to chicken out, off I went. No-one was expecting me of course, so everyone recognising me even though they hadn't seen me for 13 years was a good start. I apologised to my "one true love" for stalking him for about 6 months after he dumped me. He told me that looking at many of the women now, he couldn't imagine why he fancied them, but he didn't think that when he saw me again. Then he went off home to his wife and two kids :rofl: Quite possibly the nicest compliment I've ever been paid though! (especially as he wasn't going to go until his best friend texted him to tell him I was there :D )

It was like being back at school again in some ways. But it was good to get back to "real life" afterwards too. It was a magical few hours, but that was all - I agree that the past is best left there when it comes to the day-to-day.

marty_baby
15th-February-2006, 05:19 PM
Are you sleeping with any of them now would seem more direct

...ok.... I think I'm missed the theme of the thread here. uuummm no... I just met up with my old school mates, none of the school girls we grew up with.... theres an idea tho.... umm... no, it seems a bit of a wrong thing to do after all this time to get in touch with them!

Martin

marty_baby
15th-February-2006, 05:21 PM
If he is, he must be. Very that is. :wink:

eh?

Sorry guys, I don't either of you - I don't know what on earth you are going on about!

stewart38
15th-February-2006, 06:06 PM
eh?

Sorry guys, I don't either of you - I don't know what on earth you are going on about!

I got it after 3 reads

read it 6 times and you will get it

If you dont get it thats fine the tone on the forum is low enough already

Missy D
15th-February-2006, 07:17 PM
I joined 3 years ago and found my first proper boyfiend.

What a nob i am for writing this eh! Yeah like my daughter was made through immaculate conception.

I am sure you all knew what i meant!

LMC
15th-February-2006, 07:18 PM
Was his name Damien? :devil:

dee
15th-February-2006, 07:51 PM
What a nob i am for writing this eh! Yeah like my daughter was made through immaculate conception.

I am sure you all knew what i meant!

So was the bus story not true then? :eek: