PDA

View Full Version : Reputation - "Add Comment"

Sheepman
13th-February-2006, 05:56 PM
If you try to rep somebody when you've not spread it around enough, then you get the opportunity to "add a comment", without any rep points. My question is, does this have any affect on when you can next give rep to that person?
I've only tried it once or twice, (normally I give up as soon as I discover I need to spread it around), and it did seem that I had to spread it around much more than normal.

Greg

LMC
13th-February-2006, 05:58 PM
Yes, it seems to set the "counter" back to zero - so if you rep someone frequently, you might end up never giving them any points and being accused of being a stingy so-and-so - isn't that right DJ? (luckily you seem to have stopped making sense so much, so you might get your +6 next time)

ducasi
13th-February-2006, 06:01 PM
Yep, pain in the arse. Had to stop repping someone for a while just so I could make it worth their while to write rep-worthy posts. :wink:

Sheepman
14th-February-2006, 01:12 PM
Well I'm glad it wasn't just me imagining it! In future I shall just click on "Back" when I get the "add comments" window.

Greg

Little Monkey
14th-February-2006, 02:07 PM
Well, I've either just had a 'comment' rather than rep, or someone's given me -6 in rep (in total), and someone else have given me +6...... 'Cus my rep ain't changing! :sad:

Terribly Upset Little Monkey

Off to bake lots of cakes now! My Norwegian students better appreciate the effort their poor old teacher is putting into her job! :whistle:

Lynn
14th-February-2006, 02:11 PM
Well, I've either just had a 'comment' rather than rep, or someone's given me -6 in rep (in total), and someone else have given me +6...... 'Cus my rep ain't changing! :sad: You can tell if its a comment only as the little box beside the comment will be a dark grey instead of green. They couldn't give you rep as they've either repped you recently or reached their max for that day. (I think)

Little Monkey
14th-February-2006, 02:18 PM
You can tell if its a comment only as the little box beside the comment will be a dark grey instead of green. They couldn't give you rep as they've either repped you recently or reached their max for that day. (I think)

Thanks sweetie! :flower: That'll explain it......... Both UP and Lory have repped me, but not been able to give me any points! :sad:

And if you get neg rep, is the little box another colour? And please, nobody need to give me neg rep to show me!!! :eek:

C

Edit - I still don't understand how I had 406 before you repped me, now I have 413, yet your rep power is 6?????????

Freddie_C
14th-February-2006, 03:23 PM
Neg rep is red...I have been given a lot lately by the same person, 5 neg reps in total I think...:what:

WittyBird
14th-February-2006, 03:26 PM
Neg rep is red...I have been given a lot lately by the same person, 5 neg reps in total I think...:what:

Want some more? :rofl:
Only joking sweetie :worthy:

Freddie_C
14th-February-2006, 03:29 PM
Want some more? :rofl:
Only joking sweetie :worthy:

Er...I think im fine for the moment...:nice:

Gonna post more, and offend less :whistle: , not that my ONE comment was really offensive I was taking the mick, but some people just can't handle that.

:nice:

WittyBird
14th-February-2006, 03:34 PM
Gonna post more, and offend less :whistle: , not that my ONE comment was really offensive I was taking the mick, but some people just can't handle that.

Well have some rep then cos it's the thought that counts :grin:

ducasi
14th-February-2006, 05:47 PM
Edit - I still don't understand how I had 406 before you repped me, now I have 413, yet your rep power is 6?????????
Franck said something about extra rep power in certain forums – especially the dance forums. Was the rep given there?

David Bailey
14th-February-2006, 07:18 PM
Franck said something about extra rep power in certain forums – especially the dance forums. Was the rep given there?
Yes - I think some dance forums reflect the "formula power" (ie. 1 + 1/year + 1/2,000 posts + 1/250 rep). Or maybe they just add an extra point - I could ask, but it's more fun to guess.

Counting hard on my fingers, I think Lynn has "formula power" (sounds like a washing-up liquid!) of 7, rather than the standard power limit of 6. Presumably that's what you're referring to?

Lynn
14th-February-2006, 07:27 PM
Counting hard on my fingers, I think Lynn has "formula power" (sounds like a washing-up liquid!) of 7, rather than the standard power limit of 6. Presumably that's what you're referring to?Oh, formula power*! I've never noticed what a persons total goes up to when I rep them - and if it did go up 7 instead of 6 I would just assume that someone else had repped them with a 1 about the same time.

I did rep someone today who's power definitely only went up by 6. Maybe LM just gets an extra point each time 'cos she's nice?

*Now hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face...

David Bailey
14th-February-2006, 08:12 PM
I've never noticed what a persons total goes up to when I rep them
Tsk, amateurs... :rolleyes:

tomboh
15th-February-2006, 12:33 AM
Yes - I think some dance forums reflect the "formula power" (ie. 1 + 1/year + 1/2,000 posts + 1/250 rep). Or maybe they just add an extra point - I could ask, but it's more fun to guess.

Whoah, did anyone else play D&D as a kid? Can I have +2D6 stealth attack for, errrrr, breathing?

Wheeeeeee!

As for the guessing, I guess I'm just trying to aggrevate karma in either direction to see what happens. Bring it on! It's all about the journey, not the destination.

Vote early, vote often. kthnx.

Little Monkey
15th-February-2006, 11:36 PM
Maybe LM just gets an extra point each time 'cos she's nice?

:o
Thanks sweetie!:flower: