PDA

View Full Version : A visit to Scotland in April.

Cruella
13th-February-2006, 01:44 PM
Whilst hubby is in the North Pole. I thought i'd go north too and try and fit in a visit to the fab dance scene in Scotland again. So would anyone else from the south be up for it. Would be great to get a group going up. There are two possible events. The Beach Ballroom April 15th/16th and a Boogienights (http://www.boogienights.net/) weekend April 21st/23rd
Franck, have you got any more details on the Beach ballroom?
Any imput/recommendations from the scots appreciated.:flower:

ducasi
13th-February-2006, 03:01 PM
I really enjoyed my last BoogieNights weekend in Pitlochry. (I wrote three articles on my blog about it (http://ducasi.org/blog/2005/10/31/dance-fever-workshops/).)

The Perth one appears to have a very similar content, but I'm going to it anyway, if that's any indication to how much I enjoyed it.

(Unfortunately I haven't finished up and posted my blog entries for my visit to the Beach Ballroom when Amir was up, but I really enjoyed my weekend there too.)

Workshop-wise, it really depends what Franck has planned to say which would be the most worthwhile, and it'd be a personal decision.

Dance-wise, those that like Dance Demon's sort-of thing or are looking for dancers who don't just do MJ will probably prefer Perth, though Aberdeen could well have more dancers, and the venue is something every dancer should experience at least once.

Hope this helps. :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-February-2006, 04:06 PM
I really enjoyed my last BoogieNights weekend in Pitlochry.

The vampire MC was fantastic :) :rolleyes:

ducasi
13th-February-2006, 05:38 PM
Was there an MC? I hardly remember... ;)

Dance Demon
13th-February-2006, 06:39 PM
There's also Route 66 on Friday 21st April......oooohhh, so much choice:whistle:

Bill
14th-February-2006, 04:18 PM
Well whatever you end up doing when you are here I hope we can meet up for a few dances !!!!:D :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-February-2006, 04:22 PM
aaaw nice puppies Cruella :) :flower:

Cruella
14th-February-2006, 04:26 PM
Why thank you.:flower: I do try to look after them well to keep them so soft and cuddly.:wink:

CJ
14th-February-2006, 04:28 PM

But have you seen ClaireS's?!?!?! Hers come out to play!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

drathzel
14th-February-2006, 11:33 PM
I think you should go to the Beach Ballroom, it was fantastic last Feb! Cheeks and i had a brilliant time!:grin:

Sheepman
15th-February-2006, 04:37 PM
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but isn't there also a weekend of dance fun planned for the w/e of 7th to 9th...?

Greg

drathzel
15th-February-2006, 04:57 PM
Maybe I'm jumping the gun here, but isn't there also a weekend of dance fun planned for the w/e of 7th to 9th...?

Greg

Do tell....

There is also a little something happening over the water 1/2nd april, venue not confirmed but when it is i will give you all the details so you can make an educated decision!:grin:

stewart38
15th-February-2006, 06:15 PM
Ive done click click as i havent a clue whats the best

im up for journey up there

Little Monkey
16th-February-2006, 12:35 AM

Greg

Indeed. Just have a look at the ceroc Scotland homepage.

"Friday Party, Saturday & Sunday workshops & Saturday party.
Book for 4 workshops, parties only or full package including dinner, bed & breakfast at the Royal Jubilee Arms hotel (Dykehead by Kirriemuir)!
Workshops will be following the format of the Focus Sunday classes. Teacher: Franck.
£99.00 ONLY!*
* Special Offer price when booked & paid before end of February - Full price: £119.00."

Although, since when was Dykehead by Kirriemuir in Dundee??? :confused: :mad: And I was looking forward to a weekend of dancing right on my own doorstep, or at least within easy reach by bus or possibly taxi! To get to Kirriemuir we'll have to beg for lifts again, or rent a car! :tears:

WittyBird
16th-February-2006, 03:45 AM
i havent a clue

Tell us all something we don't know :whistle:

Tiggerbabe
16th-February-2006, 09:24 AM
Although, since when was Dykehead by Kirriemuir in Dundee??? :confused: :mad: And I was looking forward to a weekend of dancing right on my own doorstep, or at least within easy reach by bus or possibly taxi! :
Kirriemuir is definitely on a bus route Cathrine, although you will need a taxi from there to get to the hotel :blush:
I'm sure there will be lots of people heading up from Perth/Dundee who could help :D

Home page for the hotel is here (http://www.royaljubileearms.com/index.htm) :hug:

TheTramp
16th-February-2006, 11:42 AM
Home page for the hotel is here (http://www.royaljubileearms.com/index.htm) :hug:

Ummm. According to their Forthcoming Events page. The 'Strictly Dance Fever' weekend with Ceroc, is on June 23rd to 25th...?

Tiggerbabe
16th-February-2006, 01:47 PM
Ummm. According to their Forthcoming Events page. The 'Strictly Dance Fever' weekend with Ceroc, is on June 23rd to 25th...?
That's "their" Strictly Dance Fever weekend, "our" Focus Weekend is in April :hug:

Heather
16th-February-2006, 01:48 PM
Although, since when was Dykehead by Kirriemuir in Dundee??? :confused: :mad: And I was looking forward to a weekend of dancing right on my own doorstep, or at least within easy reach by bus or possibly taxi! To get to Kirriemuir we'll have to beg for lifts again, or rent a car! :tears:

Well the answer to that is that there is a dance on your doorstep that weekend . Not far from your house as a matter of fact!
I don't want to be had up for advertising on the Cerocscotland Forum but you can call me for details!

:hug:
Heather,
xx

Franck
16th-February-2006, 02:29 PM
Hiya Cruella,

Took me a while to get back to you, but judging by the responses, April will be the busiest dancing month ever in Scotland :D

Here are a few more details about what I'm offering:

*** DANCE & SKI WEEK-END ***
A fully inclusive week-end of parties, ski and good food in the Highlander Hotel, Newtonmore.
The Highlander Hotel is situated in the heart of the Scottish Highlands, within the picturesque village of Newtonmore. The hotel is an ideal base for touring the North of Scotland with mountain ranges, forests, lochs and river valleys waiting to be explored.
£149.00 (per person)*
* based on 2 sharing and if booked / paid before end of February - £159.00 from 1st March

Transport in Luxury coaches (Toilet, video & PA system), Salopettes & Jacket Hire, Ski / Snowboard Hire, Half day instruction (for all levels),Two nights accommodation, soup & Sandwich on arrival on the Friday night, Dinner Bed & Breakfast on the Saturday, All transfers to ski slopes, Parties on the Friday and Saturday nights, High Tea on the Sunday
Visit http://www.cerocscotland.com/Ski.htm for more info!

*** 1st April - GLASGOW MONTHLY PARTIES AT THE UNIVERSITY UNION: 2 ROOMS / 2 DJs ***
Our Glasgow monthly Freestyle parties are now at the GUU (the BFG venue), 32 University Avenue and will feature 2 rooms: a mainstream music room and a 'Blues & Latin' room.
- Saturday 1st April: April Fool's night (Fancy dress - dress foolishly) - DJs Tiggerbabe (Main room) and Dance Demon (Blues room).

*** FOCUS WORKSHOPS RESIDENTIAL WEEK-END. £99.00* Only! ***
DUNDEE: Friday 7th, Saturday 8th & Sunday 9th April:
Friday Party, Saturday & Sunday workshops & Saturday party. Book for workshops, parties only or full package including dinner, bed & breakfast!
The 4 (two hours) workshops will be based on the Sunday Focus workshop and will be tackling technique, style and musicality in depth... I will be teaching all workshops.
The package will include Dinner Bed & Breakfast as well as all workshops and parties. Numbers are strictly limited and balanced so make sure you book early!
* Special Offer price (based on 2 people sharing) when booked & paid before end of February - Full price: £119.00.

*** APRIL BEACH BALLROOM WEEK-END 15th April ***
The teachers for the April Beach Ballroom are still being confirmed, but the party on the Saturday night will be brilliant as ever. The Beach Ballroom is the best venue in Scotland and attracts the best dancers from all over Scotland and the UK!

It would be great to see you again up here, so hopefully you and a few more friends will make it.

Petal
18th-February-2006, 12:01 AM
Kirriemuir is definitely on a bus route Cathrine, although you will need a taxi from there to get to the hotel :blush:
I'm sure there will be lots of people heading up from Perth/Dundee who could help :D

Please correct me, but the hotel is advertising a ceroc weekend for "23-25June" not "April", are there two weekends or has someone got mixed up?

Petal
18th-February-2006, 12:03 AM
Please correct me, but the hotel is advertising a ceroc weekend for "23-25June" not "April", are there two weekends or has someone got mixed up?

oops, didn't get as far as Tramps post.
:blush:

drathzel
18th-February-2006, 01:04 PM
Wish i could get over for more weekenders, really missing you lot!!!:hug:

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 08:17 PM
All being well (i.e my dad agreeing to babysit) i have decided on the Beach Ballroom on the 15/16th. That way i can do the big bang the following weekend too.:innocent: So now i need help with what hotels are nearest to the venue and travel links to from the airport etc. Any info gratefully recieved. Also any other southerners up for the trip, PM me please.

Tiggerbabe
20th-February-2006, 09:27 PM
Nearest to the venue is The Patio Hotel (http://www.patiohotels.com/patio.hotel/aberdeen.html), about a 2 minute walk from there and you're at the Beach Ballroom - also the scene of some of the best after-party parties ever :wink: (ask Spice'n'Easy and Silver Fox).

Easiest to get a taxi from Aberdeen airport to the Patio - unless you can pursuade Lisa to pick you up :D

TheTramp
21st-February-2006, 12:20 AM
Easiest to get a taxi from Aberdeen airport to the Patio - unless you can pursuade Lisa to pick you up :D

Or anyone else who might be in the vicinity, depending on the incentives offered (and timing of arrival!) :clap:

Heather
27th-February-2006, 08:51 AM
Added to the growing list of events happening in April, a wee birdie told me that Robert Cordoba (:respect: ) will be paying us Scots another visit!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Heather,
xx

Franck
27th-February-2006, 10:14 AM
All being well (i.e my dad agreeing to babysit) i have decided on the Beach Ballroom on the 15/16th. That way i can do the big bang the following weekend too.:innocent: Excellent news Cruella :nice:

I have now confirmed that the 15th/16th April in Aberdeen will be a BLUES week-end with Val & Dave teaching, so there will be plenty of great bluesy, sexy music to dance to at the Beach Ballroom!

Sheepman
27th-February-2006, 03:09 PM
I have now confirmed that the 15th/16th April in Aberdeen will be a BLUES week-end :clap: :drool: Looks like I could be searching for a lift from Dundee that weekend...

Greg

Tiggerbabe
27th-February-2006, 08:12 PM
:clap: :drool: Looks like I could be searching for a lift from Dundee that weekend...

Fantastic, looking forward to a dance or 6 :D :clap:

Gadget
27th-February-2006, 09:19 PM
Excellent news Cruella :nice:

I have now confirmed that the 15th/16th April in Aberdeen will be a BLUES week-end with Val & Dave teaching, so there will be plenty of great bluesy, sexy music to dance to at the Beach Ballroom!
:waycool: I'm looking forward to it already :D

Lindsay
6th-March-2006, 06:57 PM
Added to the growing list of events happening in April, a wee birdie told me that Robert Cordoba (:respect: ) will be paying us Scots another visit!!!!!:clap: :clap:

Heather,
xx

Yes!!!
Indeed a busy month, but it's all good!

Paul F
13th-March-2006, 11:42 AM
.....so there will be plenty of great bluesy, sexy music to dance to at the Beach Ballroom!

Ok, I am quite tempted now. :drool:

stewart38
13th-March-2006, 11:45 AM
Nearest to the venue is The Patio Hotel (http://www.patiohotels.com/patio.hotel/aberdeen.html), about a 2 minute walk from there and you're at the Beach Ballroom - also the scene of some of the best after-party parties ever :wink: (ask Spice'n'Easy and Silver Fox).

any other southerns going ?

Im tempted to go 'with friend'

its either that or las vegas and i know what will be cheaper :sad:

Piglet
27th-March-2006, 05:01 PM
All being well (i.e my dad agreeing to babysit) i have decided on the Beach Ballroom on the 15/16th.
Great news Cruella!

I'm aiming to drive back up from Hereford to make it back here for the Saturday night and maybe squash onto a Sunday workshop if I'm up to it and there's space for an extra girl!

Look forward to seeing you there!

TheTramp
27th-March-2006, 05:46 PM
Ok, I am quite tempted now. :drool:

Heh. I'll be DJing the Saturday night (a more usual sort of set to start, but I'll try to slip in a few tracks I think that you'll enjoy Paul. Just one or two you understand. And as the night goes on..... :whistle: )

And also on the Sunday night. Where I have much more licence to play all sorts of cool and chilled out music. Not a single 'boom boom' track all night :clap:

Tiggerbabe
27th-March-2006, 06:56 PM
Heh. I'll be DJing the Saturday night
And on the Friday night you've got myself from 8-11pm
and then Sheepman from 11pm-1am :D

So, no question really! Aberdeen's the place to be :clap:

Piglet
27th-March-2006, 11:57 PM
And on the Friday night you've got myself from 8-11pm
and then Sheepman from 11pm-1am :D

Blast - now I'm wondering if I can make it back for Friday night ... hmmmmm!

TheTramp
27th-March-2006, 11:59 PM

And not come on the Saturday or Sunday nights? :tears:

Piglet
28th-March-2006, 12:02 AM
And not come on the Saturday or Sunday nights? :tears:
Are you feeling alright? I love the Sunday nights the best - plus we're off school on the Monday - it's gonna be a great weekend!:D

ducasi
28th-March-2006, 12:23 AM
I was hoping to come up that weekend.... would be good to see you... :flower:

Dave Hancock
28th-March-2006, 02:35 PM
All being well (i.e my dad agreeing to babysit) i have decided on the Beach Ballroom on the 15/16th. That way i can do the big bang the following weekend too.:innocent: So now i need help with what hotels are nearest to the venue and travel links to from the airport etc. Any info gratefully recieved. Also any other southerners up for the trip, PM me please.

Thought you already had your accommodation planned??:flower:

Are you taking a friend up with you.

Dreadful Scathe
28th-March-2006, 02:43 PM
Aparantly CJ isnt going to Boogienights extravaganza - theres a DJ that looks quite like him going though :)

Tiggerbabe
29th-March-2006, 04:02 PM
All being well (i.e my dad agreeing to babysit) i have decided on the Beach Ballroom on the 15/16th.
Are you intending on doing any of the workshops? Places going fast :whistle:

Dorothy
31st-March-2006, 10:11 AM
I am booked now for the Boogienights Perth weekend, the programme looks interesting- I'm looking forward to some of the other styles like west coast swnng. I might even do the beach ballroom as well if there are ladies places left (?), and my money stretches that far :sick:

Dreadful Scathe
31st-March-2006, 10:44 PM
II'm looking forward to some of the other styles like west coast swnng.

Its only west coast swnnngh when i do it. Wanna dance ? :)

Cruella
3rd-April-2006, 11:17 AM
Thought you already had your accommodation planned??:flower:

Yes thanks Dave, i have.:flower: Now i've just the travel to sort out.:sick: There may be a small possibility of me flying into Edingburgh, Is anyone travelling up from there that could give me a lift? I'm looking at several alternatives but need to know what options i have. :cheers:

Crossa
4th-April-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes thanks Dave, i have.:flower: Now i've just the travel to sort out.:sick: There may be a small possibility of me flying into Edingburgh, Is anyone travelling up from there that could give me a lift? I'm looking at several alternatives but need to know what options i have. :cheers:
:yeah: I'm travelling from Edinburgh

Dorothy
4th-April-2006, 10:16 AM
Its only west coast swnnngh when i do it. Wanna dance ? :)

oops.
Yes, I'll dance, well, try!

Cruella
4th-April-2006, 12:47 PM
It's only taken me nearly two months to make this decision:rolleyes: but :clap: finally i've booked the flights. Thanks Crossa for the offer.:flower: I managed to get flights direct to Aberdeen in the end. I'm hoping to be at all 3 party nights. During the day i may just have to shop though:rolleyes: Whats the shopping like there? For those not doing the workshops how about meeting up for lunch or something, PM me.:flower: Excited now.

TheTramp
4th-April-2006, 12:50 PM
For those not doing the workshops how about meeting up for lunch or something, PM me.:flower: Excited now.

What's wrong with meeting up with those doing the workshops?? We'll have an hour free....

Cruella
4th-April-2006, 12:52 PM
What's wrong with meeting up with those doing the workshops?? We'll have an hour free....
More the merrier.:flower: But i haven't got transport so am hoping i can get my host to dump me somewhere nice for the day whilst he gets on with his stuff.:nice:

TheTramp
4th-April-2006, 01:14 PM
so am hoping i can get my host to dump me somewhere nice for the day
In Aberdeen??? :rolleyes: :wink:

Cruella
4th-April-2006, 05:42 PM
In Aberdeen??? :rolleyes: :wink:
Blimey is it that bad!! I'm sure it's not, cos there's lots of lovely people living there. :wink:

Msfab
4th-April-2006, 07:52 PM
Blimey is it that bad!! I'm sure it's not, cos there's lots of lovely people living there. :wink:

Aberdeen is lovely city. I spent 3 of my best years there (at Uni). Theres loads of shopping to be done on Union street (the main street) and loads of little roads off it to explore.
Can you BIG PLEASE bring back some :drool: Macoroni pies with you cruella (Ive run out of my last stock CJ brought down)?:innocent:

Oh - Cap > Cruella > Crossa:wink:

Cruella
4th-April-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh - Cap > Cruella > Crossa:wink:
Bring it to Daventry sat and i'll try to squeeze it in my suitcase. If it won't fit i'll just have to wear it!
Macaroni Pies!! They sound disgusting.:sick: Thanks for the shopping info. :hug:

ShinyWeeStar
4th-April-2006, 08:28 PM
Macaroni Pies!! They sound disgusting.:sick:
No, they're not, they're lovely! I had one today actually, for the first time since leaving Aberdeen last year... mmmm :drool:

Aberdeen is a lovely city. I spent 3 of my best years there (at Uni).
:yeah: I miss it. :sad:

Tiggerbabe
4th-April-2006, 09:18 PM
Whats the shopping like there?
Aberdeen is good for shopping :clap:
See you at the Friday party then :hug:

Cruella
4th-April-2006, 09:22 PM
See you at the Friday party then :hug: Yeh! I'll try to be quiet honest. :innocent:

Tiggerbabe
4th-April-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeh! I'll try to be quiet honest. :innocent:
It's ok Di, I'm dj-ing early and the music will be LOUD :wink: