PDA

View Full Version : Dancing Presents

Minnie M
11th-February-2006, 05:46 PM
Birthday Presents - when there is a Special Birthday Dance/Party

What do you buy a dancing friend - someone you only know from dancing when you have no idea of personal taste

Budget of £10 top

Ideas for both male & female would be useful :flower:

WittyBird
11th-February-2006, 05:47 PM
A nice towel to take dancing with them?

Little Monkey
11th-February-2006, 06:16 PM
For a female dancer - a nice fan!

Little Monkey
11th-February-2006, 06:18 PM
And if you know their taste in music, maybe make (or get someone to make one for you) a compilation cd? I've done that a couple of times for friends, and it's been very much appreciated. Small cost, but lots of thought put into making them!

LMC
11th-February-2006, 06:57 PM
If they are as keen (obsessed?) as we all are, how about Bodyshop footcare products in a nice basket/bag?

Barry Shnikov
11th-February-2006, 07:19 PM
A nice towel to take dancing with them?

I like that idea best of all. I got two towels in Leather Lane market and they are still, after 5 years, soft and fluffy.

If that helps...

thewacko
11th-February-2006, 07:23 PM
just sign a birthday card and make em lump it:sad: :what: :rolleyes:

Little Monkey
11th-February-2006, 08:04 PM
If they are as keen (obsessed?) as we all are, how about Bodyshop footcare products in a nice basket/bag?

:yeah: Very nice idea!

Minnie M
11th-February-2006, 08:07 PM
just sign a birthday card and make em lump it:sad: :what: :rolleyes:
Hmmm..... that's OK if they charge an entry
I am talking about a special dance/party like a 21st / 30th / 40th etc.. IMO that's mean unless they have made a request NOT to buy presents

On my big party I asked my friends NOT to bring presents, but instead a plate of food - it went down so well, we had so much food that I made up doggy bags for those who wanted to take some home

Gadget
11th-February-2006, 10:31 PM
A dance DVD; film of folk dancing rather than an instructional DVD - that may be missconstrude. {or perhaps that is a viable option too :devil:}

I was thinking old films with Fred & Ginger, or old musicals like 'singin in the rain', but stuff like 'burn the floor' etc would also work. (Isn't this a cue for Adam?)

thewacko
12th-February-2006, 12:52 PM
Hmmm..... that's OK if they charge an entry
I am talking about a special dance/party like a 21st / 30th / 40th etc.. IMO that's mean unless they have made a request NOT to buy presents

:what: aargh I have just realised some dance friends of mine are getting married in a few weeks and I am invited to the wedding and haven't got a clue what to get them:what:

:worthy: Now come on you forumites it is about time you treated this thread seriously and came up with some sensible ideas:worthy:

please:cheers:

Nick M
12th-February-2006, 02:43 PM
A dance DVD; film of folk dancing rather than an instructional DVD

Folk dancing?????

Tiggerbabe
12th-February-2006, 03:06 PM
Folk dancing?????
nah! :rofl: folk as in people :D

Lynn
12th-February-2006, 03:15 PM
Birthday Presents - when there is a Special Birthday Dance/Party

What do you buy a dancing friend - someone you only know from dancing when you have no idea of personal taste

Budget of £10 top

Ideas for both male & female would be useful :flower:You could make them up a 'dance bag essentials kit' - a little zip pouch with foot spray, emergency plasters, safety pins etc, packet of hand wipes, body spray (not deoderant or they might think you are giving them a hint about something!), and maybe a few other things, eg shoe brush. Adaptable for male or female.:flower:

Minnie M
12th-February-2006, 06:35 PM
You could make them up a 'dance bag essentials kit' - a little zip pouch with foot spray, emergency plasters, safety pins etc, packet of hand wipes, body spray (not deoderant or they might think you are giving them a hint about something!), and maybe a few other things, eg shoe brush. Adaptable for male or female.:flower:
:yeah:
Have to say I like this idea - so useful and so many don't carry essentials

:cheers: thanks everyone - some great ideas on this thread - I'm hoping to visit it from time to time :hug:

spindr
12th-February-2006, 10:23 PM
Dance Survival might give you a few ideas: http://www.dancesurvival.co.uk

If you were feeling really generous, then may something artistic? http://www.lambertart.co.uk

SpinDr

P.S. There's some other links at http://www.afterfive.co.uk/maps/Shop-links.html

Msfab
13th-February-2006, 09:44 AM
Id love a Foot spa or just some nice feet goodies! :flower:

Ickle Chick'n
14th-February-2006, 02:34 PM
You could make them up a 'dance bag essentials kit' - a little zip pouch with foot spray, emergency plasters, safety pins etc, packet of hand wipes, body spray (not deoderant or they might think you are giving them a hint about something!), and maybe a few other things, eg shoe brush. Adaptable for male or female.:flower:

That's a brilliant idea, genius! I was tyring to think of something for a dance friend for his birthday and in the end I got a photo album, but one that has those peel back pages so you can put anything in at any size, not one with photo pockets. I customized the front with the help of stickers etc, and the spine too and put some things inside that started a book of dance memories. He only recently started dancing so he is now challenged to put photos, cds, scribble song titles/artists he likes (get autographs/messages from dance friends) etc etc, anything!It's to be his 'dance diary'. Think he was quite touched.

Donna
14th-February-2006, 02:55 PM

Sounds great! Can we be friends? :D :rofl: My birthdays the end of May!

thewacko
14th-February-2006, 09:49 PM
Id love a Foot spa or just some nice feet goodies! :flower:
does that mean I could just give you some of my used socks as a pressy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: