PDA

View Full Version : Private view invitation!

Emma
25th-February-2003, 01:07 PM
I'm having a private view of dance-related prints, if anyone would like to come along! Details below :)

On Thursday 13th March 6.30 - 8.30pm

At Printspace Gallery,
2 Bear Gardens
London SE1 9ED
0207 261 9200

Tubes: London Bridge, Blackfriars.

Show continues until 19th March.
www.emmaclarkprints.co.uk

CJ
25th-February-2003, 04:32 PM
Shan't be there, but hope it goes well for you, Emma.

Emma
25th-February-2003, 04:51 PM
Thanks!!! :grin:

Claire
27th-February-2003, 02:11 AM
Hey Em

Yep will be there!

Ohhhhh and by the way......

.....GOOD LUCK with your print stall at Blackpool this weekend!!!

Hope it goes well

Emma
10th-March-2003, 06:51 PM
Now..do you suppose I'd deliberately post to my own thread just to bump it back up to the top?

Never!

Anyway, anyone who is at a loose end on Thursday evening do come along. There won't be any dancing but you can always go onto that ;)

xx

John S
11th-March-2003, 01:17 PM
Good luck with the show, Emma.

Rachel
11th-March-2003, 05:15 PM
So sorry ...

Emma, I would love to have come - I've never been invited to a private viewing before (sounds exciting!). Unfortunately, we have a dress rehearsal in Peterborough that Thursday night for the musical we're doing. Not something I could easily get out of if I didn't want to be lynched!

However, I've been looking at the prints on your website and it is my firm intention - once my finances are in better shape - to treat myself to one. Our new house could definitely do with some pictures ...

I wish you all the best of luck for your show, though. Have fun!
Rachel

Emma
11th-March-2003, 05:51 PM
Thanks John :grin:

-Don't worry Rachel, there will be more! :wink:

What musical is it?

Rachel
12th-March-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Emma
-Don't worry Rachel, there will be more! :wink:

What musical is it?

Oh good - please invite me to the next one!!

It's Carousel. I hate musicals ... Why do I do these things?? I can't even sing or act! But there is some nice dancing in it...

(Oh, Emma, you really should have been at Hipsters last night - amazing! I'm going to try and make it more regularly from now on - look forward to seeing you there!)
R.

Graham
12th-March-2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
It's Carousel. I hate musicals ... Why do I do these things?? I can't even sing or act! But there is some nice dancing in it...

Can't sing, can't act, can dance a bit?

Emma
12th-March-2003, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Rachel
Oh good - please invite me to the next one!!

You're going to regret that, consider yourself added to my mailing list :wink:

When you waaaalk..through a stooormmm...:grin:..er is it a stupid question to ask why you are doing it then? What are you doing in it? (am I the nosiest person I know? Yes!)

(Oh, Emma, you really should have been at Hipsters last night - amazing! I'm going to try and make it more regularly from now on - look forward to seeing you there!)
R.

Yeah I AM going to have to get to that one sooner or later. I ended up in a venue less than five minutes from my house last night though..hard to beat from a convenience point of view! :grin: :grin:

Em x

Rachel
12th-March-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Emma
When you waaaalk..through a stooormmm...:grin:..er is it a stupid question to ask why you are doing it then? What are you doing in it? (am I the nosiest person I know? Yes!)Em x A very good question! Actually, one that I ask myself every year ... It's just that, a few years ago, my ballet/tap teacher was asked to be the musical society's choreographer. They were doing Crazy for You and were desperate for more dancers, so my teacher ended up bringing several of us from her class along with her. What she kindly omitted to tell me was that I'd have to do a singing audition to get into the society! I was forced into the room, accompanied by 2 others, cos I refused to go in alone, and did an appalling, mumbled version of I Got Rhythm and, on the basis of that, very nearly got refused membership. After 5 years, I still haven't learn sing, but they just accept that I mouth all the words now. The dancing part is fun, though!

TheTramp
12th-March-2003, 11:15 AM
Sorry Em

I was planning on coming to your viewing tomorrow.

However, I've just been asked to do a modern jive demo at a high school in Twickenham (get em young eh) tonight and tomorrow night, by one of the ladies at my class :( Can't really say no to that.

Hope it all goes well for you though.

Steve

Tiggerbabe
14th-March-2003, 09:54 PM
So - come on Em! Spill the beans - how did it go?

Sheena xx

Emma
14th-March-2003, 09:58 PM
It was great! Lots of lovely friends and rather too much wine ;) xx