PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with<>

Tazmanian Devil
9th-February-2006, 01:13 AM
When I tried posting a earlier I put my sentance in <> but nothing came up on the post. <Boo>. This is also happening on the Australian forum. you can only see what the person has wrote between <boo again heehee> if you quote them.
Why is this happening??:confused:

:Edit: Quote me and see

ducasi
9th-February-2006, 02:42 AM
It's because the forum software and your browser think the stuff between the &lt; and &gt; is HTML, and so it isn't shown.

If I'm lucky, this post will show how it can be done. :)

EDIT: Yup, it works! Simply type &amp;lt; and &amp;gt; for the "Less Than", and the "Greater Than".

Yliander
9th-February-2006, 03:00 AM
It's because the forum software and your browser think the stuff between the &lt; and &gt; is HTML, and so it isn't shown.

If I'm lucky, this post will show how it can be done. :)

EDIT: Yup, it works! Simply type &amp;lt; and &amp;gt; for the "Less Than", and the "Greater Than". or just put a space between the brackets and the typing < ta da >

ducasi
9th-February-2006, 08:52 AM
or just put a space between the brackets and the typing < ta da >
Yeah, that works too, but only if you're happy with extra spaces. (It's a bit like use of empty italics to allow you to put a smiley right up again a closing bracket – it just looks better. :nice:)

Dreadful Scathe
9th-February-2006, 11:45 AM
&lt;what&gt;&lt;is&gt;&lt;tazmanian&gt;&lt;devil&gt;&lt;going&gt;&lt;on&gt;&lt;about&gt;&lt;?&gt;&lt; ?&gt;

Dreadful Scathe
9th-February-2006, 11:54 AM
When I tried posting a earlier I put my sentance in <> but nothing came up on the post.

The good thing about that <red fox flies widdershins at midnight> is you can introduce secret messages <my tongue,my tongue, it is wagging like Jonathan Ross with a very slow internet connection> into your post that only people quoting you will ever see!!

<two guys walk into a bar, one is dressed as a chicken. Actually, no wait. Both are dressed as a chicken. Not one chicken, I mean both of them. So 2 chickens. So these guys right, they're both dressed as chickens. They walk into a bar . pffff this is so funny you'll love this. They walk into this bar, a normal bar mind, not any of your pansy Bar38, all mod cons style pretentious bars but a good old fashioned bar that serves ale and doesnt need bouncers cos the locals sort you out. If you cause trouble or look funny. Say, if you were dressed as a chicken. Oh>

LMC
9th-February-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm worried that those tags might work like subliminal messaging, 'cos I'm feeling a sudden urge to go running down the street looking for a little blue man for some hot lovin'.

<Keep taking the tablets...>

Cruella
9th-February-2006, 12:21 PM
The good thing about that <red fox flies widdershins at midnight> is you can introduce secret messages <my tongue,my tongue, it is wagging like Jonathan Ross with a very slow internet connection> into your post that only people quoting you will ever see!!

<two guys walk into a bar, one is dressed as a chicken. Actually, no wait. Both are dressed as a chicken. Not one chicken, I mean both of them. So 2 chickens. So these guys right, they're both dressed as chickens. They walk into a bar . pffff this is so funny you'll love this. They walk into this bar, a normal bar mind, not any of your pansy Bar38, all mod cons style pretentious bars but a good old fashioned bar that serves ale and doesnt need bouncers cos the locals sort you out. If you cause trouble or look funny. Say, if you were dressed as a chicken. Oh>
:rolleyes: <ooh i like this, secret messages>

Jurasell
9th-February-2006, 01:00 PM
:rolleyes: < ooh i like this, secret messages > But not very secret if everyone knows about it!

<but how much longer is it going to take reading the forum if I have to check everyone's quotes for secret messages?!> :wink:

J.

azande
9th-February-2006, 01:22 PM
~snip~
Yeah, I think you should! :wink:

LMC
9th-February-2006, 01:29 PM
It's OK, my programming is strong enough to resist...

&lt;la la la la la la not listening&gt;

Cruella
9th-February-2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I think you should! :wink:
What take the tablets or look for the little blue man?

azande
9th-February-2006, 01:38 PM
Obviously I'm advocating the most sensible option <go running down the street looking for a little blue man for some hot lovin>

Dreadful Scathe
9th-February-2006, 02:22 PM
:eek: <did you think there was a secret message here>

Tazmanian Devil
9th-February-2006, 04:25 PM
:eek: <did you think there was a secret message here>
:whistle: No
<Honest I didn't>
<I am soooo bored at work today>

azande
9th-February-2006, 04:30 PM
:whistle: No

You are not the only one!<can't wait to go home!>

Whitebeard
27th-March-2006, 12:00 AM
Composed my post so carefully this morning and clicked submit: up popped an error message, something to do with wrong thread specified, and those sublime words seem to have been condemned forever to float beyond grasp in cyberspace.

Moral is, I suppose, use a text editor - but life's too short for that.