PDA

View Full Version : Houston

Monika
8th-February-2006, 08:22 PM
Hi

Anyone got any ideas where it is possible to dance (Modern Jive or Salsa or West Coast Swing) in Houston? :)
My colleague just moved there for a few months and hoping to get some advice where to go and what to do. He really enjoys dancing so would appreciate some suggestions or just general ideas of where to go and what to do.
Any feed-back greatly appreciated :flower:

Mon x

Paul F
8th-February-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi

Anyone got any ideas where it is possible to dance (Modern Jive or Salsa or West Coast Swing) in Houston? :)
Mon x

I dont have much idea about Salsa but for WCS you have the daddy of footwork, IMO, Mario Robau who is based in Houston

http://www.marioswingdaddy.com/

I went to one of his workshops a while back and it was awesome. Loads of people in the workshop yet he still managed to impart knowledge.
Im sure he would give you all the information about WCS and other styles if you email and ask him.

Monika
9th-February-2006, 08:39 AM
I dont have much idea about Salsa but for WCS you have the daddy of footwork, IMO, Mario Robau who is based in Houston

http://www.marioswingdaddy.com/

I went to one of his workshops a while back and it was awesome. Loads of people in the workshop yet he still managed to impart knowledge.
Im sure he would give you all the information about WCS and other styles if you email and ask him.

Excellent. Thank you very much :clap: :flower:
Mon x

Tiggerbabe
9th-February-2006, 09:17 AM
Monika, did Dave Whitehead (who used to dance in Aberdeen) not move to Houston? I'm sure he mentioned doing WCS when he was back at the Beach Ballroom last year - maybe someone has a contact number for him. :)

Geordieed
9th-February-2006, 09:31 AM
Mario Robau who is based in HoustonMario Robau:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

If you ever climb the highest mountain in dancing to take a bit of a peak, you'll find him up there when you reach the summit.

Nick M
10th-February-2006, 10:12 PM
There is loads of Salsa in Houston. I can put you in touch with a local guy who dances salsa here if you PM me (I am in Houston at the moment) but you will find lots of hits through googling Houston and Salsa

jiveknight
11th-February-2006, 06:50 PM
There's a salsa club there, where I danced once, called "Elvia's",
(2727 Fondren @ Westheimer, Houston, TX 77063). It is owned by a Mexican lady called Elvia (oddly enough).

Although this was a few years ago so it could be a parking lot now of course. :)