PDA

View Full Version : Meeting of minds

Swinging bee
8th-February-2006, 01:29 PM
Have you ever danced with someone whereby after just a few moves there is that enigmatic connection, it doesn't happen very often, but the dance flows and you move almost as one!
Just can't put my finger on just what it is, not sure if it's a mental thing, a sexual thing or some other "sixth sense" at work. Or maybe it's that you have followed similar paths in the way that the dancing skills have developed and are easily "in tune"
I dunno, how do you explain it?

TiggsTours
8th-February-2006, 01:32 PM
Have you ever danced with someone whereby after just a few moves there is that enigmatic connection, it doesn't happen very often, but the dance flows and you move almost as one!
Just can't put my finger on just what it is, not sure if it's a mental thing, a sexual thing or some other "sixth sense" at work. Or maybe it's that you have followed similar paths in the way that the dancing skills have developed and are easily "in tune"
I dunno, how do you explain it?
Hmmmmm, :drool:

Fantastic when it happens, isn't it?

Lynn
8th-February-2006, 01:41 PM
Yes. I don't even try to analyse it or explain it, I just enjoy it. And I don't expect it to be the same with the same person next time as it usually a combination of factors, the song, how long you have been dancing that night, your mood, their mood etc.

When you get it, when it clicks for whatever reason - those are the dances that stay with you.:drool:

Dizzy
8th-February-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes. I don't even try to analyse it or explain it, I just enjoy it. And I don't expect it to be the same with the same person next time as it usually a combination of factors, the song, how long you have been dancing that night, your mood, their mood etc.

When you get it, when it clicks for whatever reason - those are the dances that stay with you.:drool:

:yeah:

It is a combination of the right partner, right song, right state of mind etc. :drool:

I too just enjoy it when it happens as it doesn't happen for the same partner every time and it is those kind of dances that keep the dancing addictive :worthy: :drool:

Sparkles
8th-February-2006, 03:25 PM
it is those kind of dances that keep the dancing addictive :worthy: :drool:
The problem is that when you do have a dance like that it only lasts as long as the track - four minutes and it's all over :sad:

Donna
8th-February-2006, 05:43 PM
Or maybe it's that you have followed similar paths in the way that the dancing skills have developed and are easily "in tune"
I dunno, how do you explain it?[/QUOTE]

This bit did cross my mind before I read it. I believe it's because you both have a similar style and are both on the same level weather it's beginner/ intermediate or advanced.

Dunno, how do you know for certain though? could be that the best dances you have are to blues music because it could be that the couple might have feelings for each other that made the chance really enjoyable. Put a fast track on, and it might not be as good!

Little Monkey
8th-February-2006, 07:30 PM
The problem is that when you do have a dance like that it only lasts as long as the track - four minutes and it's all over :sad:

You just want it to last forever....... :o

I had one such dance at Southport in June last year. Complete stranger, I still don't know his name, where he's from or anything else. But the dance was just absolutely incredible - everything clicked! It was a fab track, I could follow every move, everything was just so smoooooooth.....

......And then it was over.

..........And then I got another dance with him!:D Which was magical, too! But then...... Music stopped, and I've never danced with him since! Not even seen him! :(

Donna
9th-February-2006, 03:24 PM
You just want it to last forever....... :o

Realistically,That would kill you! :rofl:

Music stopped, and I've never danced with him since! Not even seen him! :([/QUOTE]

That is so sad...:sad: Will have to send out the search party then!