PDA

View Full Version : Place to stay in Dundee this weekend?

ducasi
8th-February-2006, 01:54 AM
Hi,

I'm attending two workshops in the Birkhill area of Dundee this weekend (and attending a party at on Saturday night somewhere in Dundee (not exactly sure where – maybe also Birkhall?))

Anyway, I'm looking for recommendations of places to stay on Saturday night.

Please note I won't have my own transport, so either close to Birkhall or to the train station would be good. :wink:

I've got a few places to try, but I thought I should ask around here... :flower:

Also, anyone got a number for a reliable taxi firm too? Cheers!

Dance Demon
8th-February-2006, 07:08 AM
Hi,

I'm attending two workshops in the Birkhill area of Dundee this weekend (and attending a party at on Saturday night somewhere in Dundee (not exactly sure where – maybe also Birkhall?))

Workshop with Nigel & Nina,and Saturday night party are both in the Millenium Hall, Birkhill, Dundee, Ducasi. Not sure about accomodation though. Maybe some kind Dundee native can help with that one:)

Monika
8th-February-2006, 07:23 AM
Hi

How about Premier Travel Inn at Camperdown Leisure Park DD2 3SQ 2 miles from Birkhill and 5 miles from railway station £ 46.50 for a room Tel 0870 990 6420

Local Taxi 01382 505050

Alt Travellodge in city centre 0.5 miles railway station and 7 miles from Birkhill: Dundee central West Markegait DD1 1NL £45,- Tel 0870 191 635

Enjoy your stay in Sunny Dundee
Mon :)

Tiggerbabe
8th-February-2006, 09:32 AM
The travelodge at Camperdown is slightly closer, however try The Park House Hotel 01382 611151. It's on Coupar Angus Road and you would be able to get a bus there from the City Centre (whereas I don't think there's any public transport goes past the Travelodge). It's possibly about 3 miles from Birkhill and Dundee Centre, and might be on the bus route for Birkhill too :)

Monika
8th-February-2006, 12:46 PM
The travelodge at Camperdown is slightly closer, however try The Park House Hotel 01382 611151. It's on Coupar Angus Road and you would be able to get a bus there from the City Centre (whereas I don't think there's any public transport goes past the Travelodge). It's possibly about 3 miles from Birkhill and Dundee Centre, and might be on the bus route for Birkhill too :)

Thank's for more input - this should give Ducasi a few good options :)
...just to clarify - there are buses from city centre to Camperdown Premier Travel Inn - bus no 29, 9 etc... Hotel right next to where you can go ice-skating - UGC (now Cineworld) and various restaurants and take away's etc..

Have a nice day :flower:

ducasi
8th-February-2006, 01:04 PM
Thanks Monika, Sheena and John! :nice:

Seems to me that I want to stay either very close to Birkhill, or very close to the station. As there doesn't seem to be any options in Birkhill itself, I think near the station is my best bet...

So, I'm about to book a room in the Travelodge in the centre of Dundee, and I'll use taxis or lifts from friendly dancers to get about...

If anyone thinks this is an especially bad idea, please say so now! :flower:

Cheers!

(Oh, anyone else going to be there on Saturday – either at the workshop or the dance? :))

Tiggerbabe
8th-February-2006, 03:55 PM
So, I'm about to book a room in the Travelodge in the centre of Dundee, and I'll use taxis or lifts from friendly dancers to get about...
Premier Travel Inn at Discovery Quay is straight across the road from the Station, the Travelodge is a 10/15 minute walk away. Might be too late by now though, sorry :blush:

(Oh, anyone else going to be there on Saturday – either at the workshop or the dance? :))
Nope, I'm going to Glasgow :D

TheTramp
8th-February-2006, 03:57 PM

:yeah:

Me too.

ducasi
8th-February-2006, 03:59 PM
Premier Travel Inn at Discovery Quay is straight across the road from the Station, the Travelodge is a 10/15 minute walk away. Might be too late by now though, sorry :blush: I saw that, but it was more expensive, and crucially, full up!

Thanks anyway! :hug:

Nope, I'm going to Glasgow :D Sorry to miss the Glasgow party – hope y'all have fun! :nice:

Monika
8th-February-2006, 08:09 PM
Premier Travel Inn at Discovery Quay is straight across the road from the Station, the Travelodge is a 10/15 minute walk away. Might be too late by now though, sorry :blush:

:blush: ...oops... as a fairly recent immigrant to Dundee I still get the street names mixed up.. sorry - hope you get sorted anyway.
Away down south this week-end so not to be seen at a dance-event near you this week-end

Happy dancing :clap:
Mon x

ducasi
25th-February-2006, 06:08 PM
Just as an addendum to this thread, I want to say how much I enjoyed my wee visit to Dundee the other week.

Really nice people, really nice dancers. :nice:

I've just finished off my blog articles for that weekend, you can read them here (http://ducasi.org/blog/2006/02/13/busy-weekend-nigel-nina/)...

Cheers!