PDA

View Full Version : That first time feeling....

dougmeister
11th-May-2002, 07:39 PM
My friend and his wife told me I would enjoy it! I laughed. Told them, "No way was I going to dance classes.":eek:

I was holding one of there twins when my friend told me he had to make a call and would be back in tick.:wink: He phoned one of his pals who has been coming for about three years and asked if he would take me along and hold my hand so to speak. :innocent: My friend came back into the room and said, "That's you sorted. Your going next Wednesday." :reallymad :sick: :confused:

The Wednesday came and I found myself shocked by how much I enjoyed the class. :cheers:

Heather
12th-May-2002, 04:07 PM
:nice: Good for you Doug, I'm glad you enjoyed your first time at Ceroc and hopefully you will continue to do so.
It's such a pity that some men seem to think that dancing is such a poncey thing to do - I've tried unsuccessfully to persuade male colleagues and acquaintences to try Ceroc, but to no avail, even when I tell them that they can get"Up close and personal" with lots of lovely ladies, without getting a slap in the chops!!
the reply is usually " that'll be right- me? Dance? - Nae chance!!!!" Make it your mission Doug , to get some more of your mates along to Ceroc !!!!
Happy Dancing:cheers:

dougmeister
12th-May-2002, 06:27 PM
I have told my workmates it is a great way to meet new people, but they look at me in a strange way and turn the conversation to fooball...:eek:

I am working on one person at the moment....:wink:

:cheers:
Ceroc on man!

John S
13th-May-2002, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Heather
I tell them that they can get"Up close and personal" with lots of lovely ladies, without getting a slap in the chops!!

Thanks, Heather, I'll remember that!!:D

Seriously, well done Doug, glad you have enjoyed it - and Heather is right - maybe we guys need to do something to persuade our pals that we're not all prancing about in tutus and high heels (well, certainly not all the time! :eek: ).

Franck
13th-May-2002, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by dougmister
The Wednesday came and I found myself shocked by how much I enjoyed the class. :cheers: Hi Dougmister,

Welcome to Ceroc, and to the forum. :cheers:

I am really pleased to hear you enjoyed Ceroc so much, and very impressed to see you at the party last Saturday!

Cheers,

Franck

dougmeister
13th-May-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by John S

to persuade our pals that we're not all prancing about in tutus and high heels :eek: .

Thanks, both too John S and Heather for there encouragement.

After the Ceroc Party in Glasgow last Saturday. Some of us went to a nightclub called, 'Cuba Norti' (think that's how it's spelt :confused: ) and we Ceroced for another couple of hours. :D

What I am trying to say is, until I tried Ceroc I didn't think I could dance, at all. :what: Not even 'disco'. Now I have an edge on my male friends who refuse to come along and give it a try... the fools.

But, I feel like a real beginner in the forum for I meant to give myself the name 'Dougmiester' but missed the 'e'. Help!! Can anyone tell me how do I fix this :o?

Graham
13th-May-2002, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by dougmister

But, I feel like a real beginner in the forum for I meant to give myself the name 'Dougmiester' but missed the 'e'. Help!! Can anyone tell me how do I fix this :o?

I don't think you can do this - perhaps Franck can?. However, before he does, I suspect you meant 'Dougmeister'.

Me pedantic?? :wink:

Franck
14th-May-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Graham
I don't think you can do this - perhaps Franck can?. However, before he does, I suspect you meant 'Dougmeister'.

Me pedantic?? :wink:

Indeed. I have now changed your user name to Dougmeister, though you do realise you will have to live up to the title now? :wink:

Eventually, you will have to have a t-shirt printed with Dougmeister so we can all recognize you on the dance floor (like Filthycute)... :waycool:

Cheers,

Franck.

dougmeister
14th-May-2002, 06:00 PM

Graham thanks for correcting my German. The funny thing is, Je ne parlar pas allemand. Mais oui, je parlar francais un petit. Tres petit!;)

It was one of my workmates who started calling me this name because my work kept sending me to Germany. I asked him this morning about the spelling and he explained the rule (ie-sounds e and ei sounds i. That simple!!!).

I don't think you can do this - perhaps Franck can?.
You are correct again. Franck has sorted my name out!
I can only give top marks :waycool:

dougmeister
14th-May-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Franck

Indeed. I have now changed your user name to Dougmeister, though you do realise you will have to live up to the title now? :wink:

What have I done! :tears: Oh! What have I done! :tears:

But thanks, for fixing my spelling mistake....

Beowulf
2nd-July-2003, 10:19 PM
Well, I only started going to (a) stop my partner nagging at me and (b) to make sure Gadget wasn't leading her astray!

I have to say, honestly, I didn't think I would enjoy myself.. but THANKFULLY I was proven wrong.

I have to go back now as it gets a bit boring dancing just 4 moves over and over! Gadget suggested I "Mix them up a little" .. I would have but my partner insisted on leading! :)

I'm converted... I'll just have to spread the good word! Amen!