PDA

View Full Version : For once in my life ....

Clive Long
7th-February-2006, 12:41 AM
.. I would like to wear a collared shirt when dancing

However, I perspire profusely (sorry if you were eating) and it is just impossible. Is there anything I could do to wear a shirt and dance a few tracks - short of enrolling in the DavidJames School of Minimalist Dance?

And how I will cope wearing a jacket on the Eye is beyond me. :sad:

Clive

frodo
7th-February-2006, 01:16 AM

However, I perspire profusely (sorry if you were eating) and it is just impossible. Is there anything I could do to wear a shirt and dance a few tracks - short of enrolling in the DavidJames School of Minimalist Dance?

CliveA high wicking white polyester white T shirt under a (100% cotton) collared dress shirt / DJ lasted a lot longer than I thought it would, at the last formal type dance I went to.

One perhaps risky (as in catch a cold) technique may be to get the undershirt suitably damp beforehand.

spindr
7th-February-2006, 01:16 AM
Polo shirt -- sorted.

SpinDr

David Bailey
7th-February-2006, 08:46 AM

Ahh, you're just jealous of my manly physique.

Seriously, you could consider wearing a vest under the shirt - I know, sounds crazy, but that way all the sweat gets caught in the vest, and the shirt remains acceptably dry for the ladeez to hold onto. In theory.

And how I will cope wearing a jacket on the Eye is beyond me.
I wouldn't worry about it, no-one's going to be dancing in the pods, they'll all be taking photos and saying "What is she wearing?" all the time :whistle:

Feelingpink
7th-February-2006, 10:11 AM

CliveDavidB actually has the best style of minimalist dance ...:yum:

Andybroom
7th-February-2006, 11:17 AM

Clive

Personally I don't find a cotton collared shirt any hotter than a T shirt. I've never been very convinced about wearing a T shirt under a shirt - I know some people do it, but my own experiments suggest that any wicking effect is more than offset by the increased body temperature.

I would suggest a loose fitting collared shirt though, not a taylored one, and maybe a slightly bigger collar size than you would perhaps normally choose - leave room for the air to circulate as much as possible. Oh, and definately cotton, nothing man made.

Jackets don't generally last more than the first dance or two at any black tie event I've ever been to!

Andy

Lory
7th-February-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi Clive

I've mentioned this stuff on here before, it's called DRICLOR it's available from larger branches of boots or much cheaper online (see HERE) (http://www.pharmacy2u.co.uk/product.asp?id=DRS3&AffiliateID=81866680101062&gcid=S16304x001-spldriclor&KEYWORD=driclor&MATCHTYPE=search) and it works!!;)

It's primarily used to control excessive sweating of the hands and feet but it can be used anywhere. I usually use it on my back for a few days before a weekender but not all the time and it stops my back sweating.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Go for it! :nice: