PDA

View Full Version : Six Nations 2006

Stuart
5th-February-2006, 05:53 PM
Well done Scotland for turning over the French like that.

Allez-Cat
5th-February-2006, 06:00 PM
Roll on the Calcutta Cup!

Barry Shnikov
5th-February-2006, 06:56 PM
Roll on the Calcutta Cup!

Since England don't wish me to watch their matches, I don't give a t0ss about the whole thing.

Baruch
6th-February-2006, 12:20 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears:
England beat us fair and square, but I still maintain that two of their tries were gifts from the referee with his strange decisions.

stewart38
6th-February-2006, 10:30 AM
Another Walk in the park for England

ToeTrampler
6th-February-2006, 11:24 AM
England beat us fair and square, but I still maintain that two of their tries were gifts from the referee with his strange decisions.
:yeah:
...and another was a forward pass imho, ...and it looked like a double movement from Delalio at the try line, ...and I'm extremely biased ;)

Dizzy
6th-February-2006, 12:08 PM
Ireland won at the weekend too!! :clap: :clap:

(Although it was a very lucky win, I may say - they didn't play the best game ever :blush: )

ToeTrampler
6th-February-2006, 12:38 PM
Ireland won at the weekend too!! :clap: :clap:

(Although it was a very lucky win, I may say - they didn't play the best game ever :blush: )
Italy do seem to have greatly improved since joining the six nations, is this an argument for bringing in one or two other teams such as Spain or Romania?
I believe there was some talk of Argentina joining the tournament and basing themselves in Spain for thr duration of it.

Dizzy
6th-February-2006, 01:06 PM
Italy do seem to have greatly improved since joining the six nations, is this an argument for bringing in one or two other teams such as Spain or Romania?
I believe there was some talk of Argentina joining the tournament and basing themselves in Spain for thr duration of it.

but then where does the line end - when New Zealand and Australia join because they are (or were) part of the British Empire :what: :whistle:

TheTramp
6th-February-2006, 04:40 PM
but then where does the line end - when New Zealand and Australia join because they are (or were) part of the British Empire :what: :whistle:

New Zealand and Australia (and South Africa) already have their own '3 nations' tournament.

Argentina are somewhat excluded....

ToeTrampler
6th-February-2006, 05:37 PM
I'd be well pleased if any of the Tri-Nations joined the tournament but I don't think they'd lower themselves to that level :whistle:
Just think it would be good for Italy or Scotland not to be propping up the bottom of the table each year.

Baruch
6th-February-2006, 08:12 PM
....with their sixteen players (one of whom was wearing a blue and green shirt).

Seriously, England would have beaten us anyway. That doesn't change the fact that the referee had a shocker of a game, made some stupid decisions and generally took the shine off. As Wales coach Mike Ruddock said, the final score didn't reflect the game as a whole.

Petal
25th-February-2006, 10:21 PM

Scotland 18 England 12:respect:

pjay
25th-February-2006, 11:30 PM

They still are.... at least for the moment....

Baruch
26th-February-2006, 12:37 AM
Scotland 18 England 12:respect:
:cheers: Well done, Scotland! :cheers:

TheTramp
26th-February-2006, 03:20 AM
:yeah:

Watched the game before dancing tonight. Thought Scotland did very well indeed :respect:

Dance Demon
26th-February-2006, 04:36 AM

Hmmm....it would seem not today it wasn't:D :clap:

Magic Hans
26th-February-2006, 10:25 AM

Talk about a game of two halves!!!

Scotland doing what they do best .... ie playing out of their pants when:
a) under extreme pressure, and
b) playing England!

.... and England playing a tremendous 1st half, piling on huge pressure, and then

.... playing like total twats in the second!!!

Can't help feeling that Scotland would have hammered two second half performances, but might well have crumbled under two 1st half Englands!

Petal
26th-February-2006, 01:38 PM
:what:
Talk about a game of two halves!!!

Scotland doing what they do best .... ie playing out of their pants when:
a) under extreme pressure, and
b) playing England!

.... and England playing a tremendous 1st half, piling on huge pressure, and then

.... playing like total twats in the second!!!

Can't help feeling that Scotland would have hammered two second half performances, but might well have crumbled under two 1st half Englands!

:what: You're entitled to wishful thinking, just accept scotland did well. Really well:cheers:

Birlmeister
26th-February-2006, 02:50 PM
Won't go into Overtures (Da da de da) over the result but it seems as though England are are unable to learn from mistakes in under-estimating teams. They seem to think they can bludgeon their way past teams, expecting them to roll over and let them run up a cricket score in the process. Perhaps it's time for the English coaches to realise that bigger doesn't necessarily mean better.

Congratulations to Scotland on opening up the Championship. Let's hope they carry on the good work in Dublin and Rome.

Baby Peaches
26th-February-2006, 03:09 PM
Well done Scotland!!!:clap: :clap: The game was absolutely fantastic and I really enjoyed watching Scotland's sheer determination and immense team spirit!! Sooooo proud to be a Scot!:cheers:

Baruch
26th-February-2006, 03:30 PM
Seeing England lose is almost as good as seeing Wales win! :devil:

(Ducks for cover)

Dreadful Scathe
27th-February-2006, 12:28 AM

(Ducks for cover)
I agree :)

Baruch
27th-February-2006, 02:45 AM

(Ducks for cover)
Just as well, because Wales were so awful against Ireland that we thoroughly deserved to lose!