PDA

View Full Version : New Dating Craze

WittyBird
2nd-February-2006, 06:51 PM
Just sat at home watching Richard & Judy and couldn't stop LMFAO :rofl:

Apparently this new craze is called 'Eye Gazing' :rolleyes:
All you do is sit and stare into your dates eyes :confused:

My initial reaction is - what a load of b0ll0cks

I am gonna start taking bets on how long it is before LMC tries it though :rofl:

Have a look here (http://www.eyegazingparties.com/index.html)
that is the American site, I can't find a link for a UK version as yet.:rofl:

foxylady
2nd-February-2006, 07:16 PM
Never underestimate the power of your eyes...

you can tell a hell of a lot by the way someone looks at you, or by the way they respond when you 'look' at them

WittyBird
2nd-February-2006, 07:23 PM
That I understand. What I can't quite grasp is just sitting there staring with no conversation etc. :confused:

LMC
2nd-February-2006, 08:45 PM
I am gonna start taking bets on how long it is before LMC tries it though :rofl:
Nah, I'll stick with the regular internet dating approach, I get enough laughs out of that *snigger*

But it sounds hilarious - if it ever hits the UK, I reckon a forum gang should sign up, half men, half women, go along separately and we'll have a not laughing competition :devil:

Barry Shnikov
2nd-February-2006, 08:46 PM
Nah, I'll stick with the regular internet dating approach, I get enough laughs out of that *snigger*

Do tell!!

LMC
2nd-February-2006, 08:51 PM
Mockery of sundry weirdos available on Singletons' Sofa.

Barry Shnikov
2nd-February-2006, 08:53 PM
Apparently this new craze is called 'Eye Gazing'

:eek:

...like that?

(or should my mouth be closed?)

LMC
2nd-February-2006, 09:04 PM
Perhaps it would be more like this:

:drool:

or this

:what:

ducasi
3rd-February-2006, 12:46 AM
Actually, I think it sounds like fun. :nice:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
3rd-February-2006, 01:18 AM
Heh, i'm always up for a laugh, but i'm not in my 20's to 40's yet, damn :( Do you think you could sneak me in if I get a fake ID? :whistle:

WittyBird
3rd-February-2006, 10:22 AM
Actually, I think it sounds like fun. :nice:

In a warped sense maybe :confused:

ducasi
3rd-February-2006, 10:27 AM
In a warped sense maybe :confused:
What can I say? I like eye-contact flirting. :blush:

WittyBird
3rd-February-2006, 10:28 AM

Fair enough, but could you sit there with a complete stranger and just stare into their eyes without saying anything? :waycool:

Surely you need conversation etc ....:confused:

David Bailey
3rd-February-2006, 10:30 AM
Fair enough, but could you sit there with a complete stranger and just stare into their eyes without saying anything? :waycool:

You know, if you do Tango, that approach makes a lot of sense?

(YES! TTD diversion achieved, sah!)

WittyBird
3rd-February-2006, 10:33 AM
You know, if you do Tango, that approach makes a lot of sense?

Ok smarty knickers explain.:na:
I thought Tango was dancing not just sitting on a sofa staring into someones eyes :rolleyes:

ducasi
3rd-February-2006, 10:42 AM

Maybe you should try it sometime...

WittyBird
3rd-February-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe you should try it sometime...
Ok will go to the pub at lunch time and find a random bloke and just stare at him, yeah righto :yum:

LMC
3rd-February-2006, 10:56 AM
No, don't do that, wait until we're all there to watch you find said random bloke and stare into his eyes, far funnier.

Drathzel is right, the whole looking deeply into someone's eyes can be :drool: - if it's the right person. But to stare at some stranger because they happen to be next in line? :sick: - no thanks.

ducasi
3rd-February-2006, 01:29 PM
No, don't do that, wait until we're all there to watch you find said random bloke and stare into his eyes, far funnier.

Drathzel is right, the whole looking deeply into someone's eyes can be :drool: - if it's the right person. But to stare at some stranger because they happen to be next in line? :sick: - no thanks.
You don't have to. If you don't like them, or visa-versa, there's not going to be much drool-worthy eye contact. In other words... NEXT!!!

foxylady
3rd-February-2006, 01:29 PM

????????????

She hasn't posted on this thread as far as I can see ??

drathzel
3rd-February-2006, 03:54 PM
????????????

She hasn't posted on this thread as far as I can see ??

Thank you, i was starting to wonder, maybe i posted it else where:confused:

drathzel
3rd-February-2006, 03:56 PM
:yeah:

WittyBird
3rd-February-2006, 03:57 PM

Ok there then. The gauntlet has been thrown, whose going to Cheshunt tonite? Or shall I leave it for Greenwich tomorrow? :rofl:

LMC
3rd-February-2006, 03:58 PM
Sorry drathzel and ducasi - the quote should have been attributed to ducasi, pure absent-mindedness on my part :o

I'm looking you both very sincerely in the eyes as I'm saying this... :what:

EDIT: WB, consider yourself dared at Cheshunt. Two minutes staring. Conditions: it has to be someone you don't know. You have to be not dancing (to simulate (oo-er) the same conditions as on the website). Any laughter makes the dare null and void.

drathzel
3rd-February-2006, 03:59 PM
Sorry drathzel and ducasi - the quote should have been attributed to ducasi, pure absent-mindedness on my part :o

I'm looking you both very sincerely in the eyes as I'm saying this... :what:

although i do agree with him! :D

WittyBird
3rd-February-2006, 07:11 PM
It gets worse :rofl:
Has anyone seen this (http://www.dancedating.uk.com/)?

ducasi
3rd-February-2006, 07:34 PM
It gets worse :rofl:
Has anyone seen this (http://www.dancedating.uk.com/)?
Hmm... If it could find me a local dance partner I might try it...

WittyBird
3rd-February-2006, 07:39 PM
Hmm... If it could find me a local dance partner I might try it...

Give it a go, you get 14 days free trial :rofl: (that was on the front page, I didn't go any further)

ducasi
3rd-February-2006, 07:42 PM
Give it a go, you get 14 days free trial :rofl: (that was on the front page, I didn't go any further)Edit: scratch that... They only seem to have events around Nottingham!

ducasi
3rd-February-2006, 08:00 PM
OK, registered... They only have two women in the whole of Scotland – one of whom is 60...

Think I'll not waste any more time on this...

(I can tell you though, there's 54 guys registered in the UK, and 52 women...)

thewacko
4th-February-2006, 09:44 AM
OK, registered... They only have two women in the whole of Scotland – one of whom is 60...

Think I'll not waste any more time on this...

(I can tell you though, there's 54 guys registered in the UK, and 52 women...)
is one of the 52 women LMC?:whistle:

Think I will stay with the Singletons sofa - its safer:innocent:

:cool: now look into my eyes:cool: :waycool:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LMC
4th-February-2006, 09:49 AM
Nope, so there's 53 women now, 'cos I was curious enough to register and look. But like ducasi, I don't think I'll bother any further. There are a couple of people there I recognise :sick: - but haven't spotted any forumites.