PDA

View Full Version : I know that naming names is not allowed on the forum due to leagal reasons but...

Will
1st-February-2006, 05:58 PM
.....here (http://jokes.kiss100.com/clips_games/don_t_dance_with_him_.html) is the irrefutable evidence - without naming names - of a certain person you should not dance with!

Lory
1st-February-2006, 06:02 PM
:really: :eek: :really: :eek:

sorry but it the clip actually made me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:blush:

LMC
1st-February-2006, 06:04 PM
:rofl: a lot too

But :really: - I'm amazed that his partner seemed so calm and carried on dancing!

fletch
1st-February-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm sure I have danced with him at Wolverhampton:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
1st-February-2006, 06:06 PM
It's not working. I'll try to watch it later

Northants Girly
1st-February-2006, 06:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Feelingpink
1st-February-2006, 06:15 PM
.....here (http://jokes.kiss100.com/clips_games/don_t_dance_with_him_.html) is the irrefutable evidence - without naming names - of a certain person you should not dance with!Now there's a challenge for the Jango crew, if you ever wanted one ... :wink:

Cruella
1st-February-2006, 06:15 PM
Maybe it's just me but i didn't find this funny at all. I was actually quite horrified. :sick:

Northants Girly
1st-February-2006, 06:20 PM
Maybe it's just me but i didn't find this funny at all. I was actually quite horrified. :sick:Well it made me laugh a damn sight more than the jokes thread has done lately . . . . :whistle:

Will
1st-February-2006, 06:21 PM
Apparently this guys excuse was that she'd agreed to be Tango'd !? :sick:

Northants Girly
1st-February-2006, 06:22 PM
Apparently this guys excuse was that she'd agreed to be Tango'd !? :sick::rofl: growwwwwn . . .

Minnie M
1st-February-2006, 07:00 PM
.....here (http://jokes.kiss100.com/clips_games/don_t_dance_with_him_.html) is the irrefutable evidence - without naming names - of a certain person you should not dance with!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: where did you find that :clap:

SilverFox
1st-February-2006, 07:33 PM
Well, it's one way of ensuring that your follower maintains the right tension.....

dee
1st-February-2006, 07:46 PM
Well, it's one way of ensuring that your follower maintains the right tension.....

:rofl: :rofl:

Dreadful Scathe
1st-February-2006, 10:22 PM
can't say i found it particularly funny either - she was fairly stunned by the looks of it and he tried to carry on dancing as if nothing had happened - weird :)

Gotta be something wrong with you if the guy dancing next to you tries to physically restrain you :)

Cruella
1st-February-2006, 10:31 PM
can't say i found it particularly funny either - she was fairly stunned by the looks of it and he tried to carry on dancing as if nothing had happened - weird :)

Gotta be something wrong with you if the guy dancing next to you tries to physically restrain you :)
I'm glad i'm not the only one! I laugh (loudly) at most things, but violence isn't one of them. Seeing a man hit a woman just turns my stomach. :sick:

Gadget
1st-February-2006, 10:39 PM
I don't see anything amusing about it either :(

I'm sure I would have steped infront of him and broken the dance rather than just put a hand on his wrist... unless of course it was staged... naaaa; who would do that?

2leftfeet
2nd-February-2006, 12:43 AM
Ok hands up that was me!!
but I have improved a bit from then...I now wear boxing gloves!
2LF

ToeTrampler
2nd-February-2006, 11:18 AM
Sorry, I just can't see why anyone finds this faintly amusing. :confused:

drathzel
2nd-February-2006, 11:35 AM

:yeah: she didnt look happy. See what happens when you use thumbs, the lady cant get away:sad:

Sparkles
2nd-February-2006, 11:41 AM
A swift knee somewhere painful would have done the trick - if he's got your hands trapped what else can you do to get away? And in this case getting away would be top priority - straight to security to have him removed :angry:.
It makes me so mad to see people being so disrespectful of their partners!

ChrisA
2nd-February-2006, 12:46 PM
Because it's perfectly possible to both a) be appalled by seeing something like that and b) see the dark humour in it.

It's not the fact that he hit her that's intrinsically funny, nor that he tried to carry on dancing... it's the fact that it's a grotesque caricature (usually) of what we see in MJ. And with the music, it became even more ridiculous...

The point is, it reminds us that there are people out there that show off ridiculously on the dancefloor, at the expense of their partners and the surrounding dancers. There are people out there that basically take a "sh1t happens" attitude when they hurt someone, and are completely without remorse when they do.

The humour comes from the caricature, from the music, and that it's perhaps a little too close to home for comfort.

I thought it was very funny, as well as being appalled.

LMC
2nd-February-2006, 01:16 PM
What ChrisA said :yeah:

I laughed - but it was definitely graveyard humour. As I said, I can't believe that woman carried on dancing with him - I would have either given him a swift slap before he grabbed my free hand, or applied a hard kick in the shins.

Watching that video again last night on my home PC which has better resolution, there is something not quite right about that guy's social skills beyond arrogant lack of respect. Scary.

Cruella
2nd-February-2006, 01:45 PM
The point is, it reminds us that there are people out there that show off ridiculously on the dancefloor, at the expense of their partners and the surrounding dancers. There are people out there that basically take a "sh1t happens" attitude when they hurt someone, and are completely without remorse when they do.

The humour comes from the caricature, from the music, and that it's perhaps a little too close to home for comfort.

Well put, Chris. I think that's what i found scary about it, the fact that it could happen to any one of us. We dance with people we have never met before and others that we really don't know very well. Whose to say that there isn't someone as volatile as this in the MJ scene? I'd like to think that if it did occur then the guy would be forceably removed and the lady comforted, unlike in the video!

robd
2nd-February-2006, 01:54 PM
I was appalled watching the clip and didn't see any humour in it (even in a 'dark humour' sense) but I guess everyone's taste is different in this regard. I would hope that if I saw anything like this happening near to me I would intervene but until something actually happens how can you know for sure?

Someone was banned from one of my regular venues this week (according to a reliable source) though I don't know the exact details but this wasn't a great surprise following the teacher's request last week that if anyone is uncomfortable with anyone's behaviour at ceroc then they should let the venue management know. It looks like Phil Roberts takes his responsibilities in this area seriously.

Robert

ToeTrampler
2nd-February-2006, 02:13 PM
Because it's perfectly possible to both a) be appalled by seeing something like that and b) see the dark humour in it.

It's not the fact that he hit her that's intrinsically funny, nor that he tried to carry on dancing... it's the fact that it's a grotesque caricature (usually) of what we see in MJ. And with the music, it became even more ridiculous...

I thought it was very funny, as well as being appalled.
Thanks for that explanation, I now understand where some people are coming from with this so I'll change my view to: Sorry I just don't find this even faintly amusing.

Donna
2nd-February-2006, 02:28 PM
Sometimes we find things that aren't supposed to be funny, funny!

I've watched that clip over and over and it looks a bit false to me. Ask yourself this question. Why is someone filming in a dance venue anyway when they shouldn't be and why didn't that woman walk away? Anybody else would have done OR give it him back!

Donna
2nd-February-2006, 02:32 PM
Sometimes things that we know really aren't funny, we can't seem to help laugh at. I've watched this clip over and over...it looks a bit false to me.

Ask yourself this question. Why is the camera there in the first place when filiming in venues is supposed to be illegal? I think it was planned just to put it on the internet. Face it, no woman being slapped around like that would carry on dancing with someone after!

ChrisA
2nd-February-2006, 02:34 PM
Whose to say that there isn't someone as volatile as this in the MJ scene?
Are you thinking that he hit her deliberately? Because that's not my take on the video.

I think that it was accidental... he was turning her in one direction, then the other, then the first again, with very quick reversals. Then it looks like one of them fails to let go, and his arm gets wound round her head... but his free arm just keeps flailing, and catches her in the face, and then again (or nearly) with the other one.

There's no hint of anger on his face when he gets her with first swing, which is what I'd have expected if he did it deliberately.

I reckon he's just one of these idiots (of which there are loads in the MJ world, many of which are just as minging as that guy, strangely), who get completely carried away with what he's doing. If you look at everyone else on the dancefloor, he looks like he's on speed, compared with the other dancers.

A showoff, yes; uncontrolled, yes; an idiot, yes, but probably not malicious.

If I'm wrong, and he did hit her deliberately, then I wouldn't have found it quite so funny, I guess.

LMC
2nd-February-2006, 02:43 PM
I too thought it was accidental, but what made me think that (literally and seriously) he has some form of mental health difficulty is that he carried on regardless - he didn't even appear to stop and show any concern :what: :eek:

ChrisA
2nd-February-2006, 02:55 PM
I too thought it was accidental, but what made me think that (literally and seriously) he has some form of mental health difficulty is that he carried on regardless - he didn't even appear to stop and show any concern :what: :eek:
Yeah, well there's plenty of that about... albeit not often in cases as serious as that. :(

Tazmanian Devil
2nd-February-2006, 03:00 PM
Are you thinking that he hit her deliberately? Because that's not my take on the video.

I think that it was accidental... he was turning her in one direction, then the other, then the first again, with very quick reversals. Then it looks like one of them fails to let go, and his arm gets wound round her head... but his free arm just keeps flailing, and catches her in the face, and then again (or nearly) with the other one.

There's no hint of anger on his face when he gets her with first swing, which is what I'd have expected if he did it deliberately.

I reckon he's just one of these idiots (of which there are loads in the MJ world, many of which are just as minging as that guy, strangely), who get completely carried away with what he's doing. If you look at everyone else on the dancefloor, he looks like he's on speed, compared with the other dancers.

A showoff, yes; uncontrolled, yes; an idiot, yes, but probably not malicious.

If I'm wrong, and he did hit her deliberately, then I wouldn't have found it quite so funny, I guess.
:yeah:

:rofl: :eek: :rofl: :eek: Had to watch it a few times but I agree with Chris A.

Donna
2nd-February-2006, 03:08 PM
I'VE CHANGED MY MIND!! I THINK THIS IS REAL! Look at the guy on the left. He's grabbing his arm and trying to pull him away. Would be interested to know what happened after!

CJ
2nd-February-2006, 03:42 PM

I find telling your partner her ass looks big in what she's wearing ensures plenty of tension.:wink:

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Sparkles
2nd-February-2006, 04:18 PM
I find telling your partner her ass looks big in what she's wearing ensures plenty of tension.:wink:

Except when it's true :tears:

ducasi
2nd-February-2006, 04:25 PM

I think that it was accidental... Certainly, when I punched a girl in the eye the other night, it was a pure accident, and not just because she wasn't following me! :blush:

But I couldn't believe what I was seeing on this video. I had to watch it a few times, and I really think that this guy was deliberately hitting the woman for messing up – and who could blame her considering the way he was dancing.

Not funny. :sad: Shocking. :angry:

Donna
2nd-February-2006, 04:40 PM
Certainly, when I punched a girl in the eye the other night, it was a pure accident, and not just because she wasn't following me! :blush:

But I couldn't believe what I was seeing on this video. I had to watch it a few times, and I really think that this guy was deliberately hitting the woman for messing up – and who could blame her considering the way he was dancing.

Not funny. :sad: Shocking. :angry:

And I agree Ducati. I mean Ducasi!:flower: Looking at him, he thinks he's brilliant but in fact, she is a million times better than him!

KatieR
3rd-February-2006, 09:14 AM
I don't see anything amusing about it either :(

I'm sure I would have steped infront of him and broken the dance rather than just put a hand on his wrist... unless of course it was staged... naaaa; who would do that?

I thought it was staged at first as well, but then seeing the other guy try and step in made me think otherwise.

I was quite appalled actually and I hope that this person where ever he is has been banned for life.

TheTramp
3rd-February-2006, 09:42 AM
I still think that it's staged.

And if it was staged, don't you think that they may have also staged the reactions of the people next to him too?? :rolleyes:

Missy D
3rd-February-2006, 10:06 AM
:really: :eek: :really: :eek:

sorry but it the clip actually made me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:blush:

:yeah: :rofl: :rofl:

cheeks
3rd-February-2006, 11:46 AM

:rofl: :rofl: but I like my ass big :whistle:

Donna
3rd-February-2006, 01:40 PM
I still think that it's staged.

And if it was staged, don't you think that they may have also staged the reactions of the people next to him too?? :rolleyes:

You might be right there. It's very hard to tell.

Lee
3rd-February-2006, 01:44 PM

Nor me, i thought the guy was quite within his right to do that.............................................. ..

She steped back too far, and didn't use her spare arm :rofl: :rofl:

Lee

Donna
3rd-February-2006, 01:56 PM
Nor me, i thought the guy was quite within his right to do that.............................................. ..

She steped back too far, and didn't use her spare arm far :rofl: :rofl:

Lee

Tut tut tut!:eek: He could have told her what the problem was rather than give her a good slappin like that!

Lee
3rd-February-2006, 02:00 PM
Tut tut tut!:eek: He could have told her what the problem was rather than give her a good slappin like that!

I was joking. I saw this clips ages ago, but don't thinks it's staged, i think his got a serious mental condition, or it might just be his wife. :rolleyes: JOKE

Lee

Donna
3rd-February-2006, 02:03 PM
I was joking. I saw this clips ages ago, but don't thinks it's staged, i think his got a serious mental condition, or it might just be his wife. :rolleyes: JOKE

Lee

You can tell he's got mental problems. He looks like Miss Piggy on smack when he dances...boppin up an down like that!

Baruch
4th-February-2006, 12:12 PM
You can tell he's got mental problems. He looks like Miss Piggy on smack when he dances...boppin up an down like that!
He reminds me of someone I know! (Apart from the hitting, that is.) I showed the clip to my wife, asked who it reminded her of, and she said the same person's name as well.

Boomer
5th-February-2006, 01:05 PM

Barbara sorely regretted turning down Bernard's offer of a dance last week!

Donna
6th-February-2006, 04:34 PM
He reminds me of someone I know! (Apart from the hitting, that is.) I showed the clip to my wife, asked who it reminded her of, and she said the same person's name as well.

Mario Bros maybe?:grin:

Baruch
6th-February-2006, 10:30 PM
Mario Bros maybe?:grin:
My lips are sealed, other than to say that it's a real person. AFAIK he's not a forumite though.

BobbyA
6th-February-2006, 11:08 PM
Lol :)

I don't think he is either mate.. Good thing too.. Poor dude..

Apparently he is doing better these days (so the women say) :P

Donna
7th-February-2006, 05:58 PM
My lips are sealed, other than to say that it's a real person. AFAIK he's not a forumite though.

So you actually know this guy?:eek:

Baruch
7th-February-2006, 08:21 PM
So you actually know this guy?:eek:
Not the exact guy in the clip, but someone whose dancing is very similar. He doesn't hit his partners, though how he doesn't cause injury in other ways I don't know.

Donna
8th-February-2006, 11:41 AM
Not the exact guy in the clip, but someone whose dancing is very similar. He doesn't hit his partners, though how he doesn't cause injury in other ways I don't know.

So he looks as though he's been on the gummy juice as well then? :D

Baruch
8th-February-2006, 10:25 PM
So he looks as though he's been on the gummy juice as well then? :D
:rofl:

bobgadjet
10th-February-2006, 11:30 AM
puts a whole new meaning to
"dancing with a slapper"

Sorry :blush: couldn't resist it ! ! !

I know I should've, but I couldn't OK ?:whistle:

I must spend far too much time watching people dance ! ! !

BobbyA
10th-February-2006, 11:37 AM
puts a whole new meaning to
"dancing with a slapper"

Or "Happy Slapper" :rofl: