PDA

View Full Version : Greatest dances I have had...

Keith J
29th-January-2006, 06:37 PM
To name a one two or more that maybe influenced you, changed the way you danced, made you for example, go try WCS, tango, someone or some event that left you gagging for more or just blew you away...

Like to hear about all those experiences in your words...

frodo
29th-January-2006, 10:22 PM
To name a one two or more that maybe influenced you, changed the way you danced, made you for example, go try WCS, tango, someone or some event that left you gagging for more or just blew you away...

Like to hear about all those experiences in your words...
My most memorable dances have strangely been either samba (ballroom) or salsa (couple each), neither of which are my favourite or best dance styles.

Nothing in particular to describe, nothing externally noteable, not with more advanced partners; not complex or a high level; just the music and connection and responsiveness to and from your partner came together and made it so much better than experienced at any other times.

Kev F
29th-January-2006, 11:01 PM
I have recently had the greatest dance of my life at tango, with a woman I barely know. I can't even tango very well, but it just happened. It was like time stood still and we connected as if we were one. I don't even know her name, but would it really matter.

Kev F
29th-January-2006, 11:35 PM
I have recently had the greatest dance of my life at tango, with a woman I barely know. I can't even tango very well, but it just happened. It was like time stood still and we connected as if we were one. I don't even know her name, but would it really matter.

In fact, this isn't exactly true :blush: It sounded more tangoish with the air of mystery surrounding the dance. I do know her name, but I didn't want to embarrass her, so I wont. All the rest is true.

PS: Thanks lory :D :flower:

Lynn
30th-January-2006, 12:14 AM

Like to hear about all those experiences in your words...If I think of events, rather than dances - the first weekender I went on was great - particularly first going into the blues room. Seeing the connection between the dancing and the music (before it had more been the dancing and the beat that I had seen). A few memorable dances in there.:drool:

Andreas
31st-January-2006, 02:28 PM
My favourite is the Rumba and that had a major impact on my style.

Keith J
31st-January-2006, 07:26 PM
Interesting, would you like to name the venue, etc any influential teachers

Gadget
31st-January-2006, 10:29 PM
To name a one two or more that maybe influenced you,
There are only a couple of specific dances I have had that have influenced the direction I want to progress in. There are more dances I have watched that have had an influence on me.

All have come from exposure through Ceroc: The most recent being the Tango stuff - not so much the moves or even the embeded connection, but the subtleness of the spaces that were inbetween the moves/movements.

Before that, Marc & Rachel doing some blusey stuff: this was the connection - a flowing of both partners so that they moved smoothly, close, intimate and as a part of each other.

Before that, I think James & Filthycute {I can't spell Melony :blush:} doing some 'funky stuff' - still raw and unpolished, but the potential and direction they wanted to take was clear.

On general influences on my dancing, one of Gus's workshops and a heap of lead stuff from DavidB are still embeded in my head. Adam's dips & stuff workshop was the first of that style I went to and I still remember bits of it. Franck & Lisa have taught me a fair bit about leading, spinning and styling. Before that, I think Bill and DavidH had a big influence as they were the regular "good" dancers at my venue.
And of course Lorna has had the greatest influence, having been the 'core' that the rest of my dancing has been built up over. :worthy: to all.

Personal dances that have influenced me are ones where I have a huge grin and say "yea - I want to do more of that!":D

Andreas
31st-January-2006, 11:08 PM
Interesting, would you like to name the venue, etc any influential teachers
If that was in response to my post: NZ, Cambridge, Broadbridge School of Dance, and my former dance partner, also NZ. Videos of World Championships of Amateurs and Professionals.