PDA

View Full Version : Under Par on holiday ??? Where ???

under par
24th-January-2006, 05:18 PM
In case I haven't mentioned it I am going to LANZAROTE for some golf with the boys.:yeah:

The reason for the post is I just had a positive rep on another thread and a very eminent(argumentative) forumite asked where I was going on my hols!:rofl: :rofl:

under par
26th-January-2006, 04:02 AM
Good bye for a week you lovely forumites!:yeah: :cheers: :cheers:

a lot less inane drivel for you over next 7 days!:clap: :D

What will I do without you all?:whistle:

See a few of you at Scarborough upon my return.:hug:

Did I mention I was going to .................................................. ......................................

fletch
26th-January-2006, 09:18 AM

Did I mention I was going to .................................................. ......................................

Have a wonderful time:flower:
I might see you at Scarbrough i'm working on it:nice:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
26th-January-2006, 04:40 PM

have fun, i'll miss your sillyness, teehee :flower:

thewacko
27th-January-2006, 02:40 AM
Have a wonderful time:flower:
I might see you at Scarbrough i'm working on it:nice:
OK That is it
:flower: Fletch you just have to marry me now - You have just mentioned the most romantic City in The world - We could gaze into each others eyes across our Knickerbocker Glories in the Harbour Bar, then get ourselves a nice cup of Horlicks before stroling along Marine Drive towards Peasholme park, Catching the Chair lift thingumy back towards the South Bay, walk romantically towards the Spa whatsit and then finally catch the bus to primrose valley.

Wow am I romantic or what:flower: :flower: :flower:

Minnie M
11th-February-2006, 10:36 AM
Well how was the holiday
:really: :flower: :clap: :hug:

under par
11th-February-2006, 12:08 PM
Well how was the holiday
:really: :flower: :clap: :hug:

Having had time to fully recover from the week in Lanzarote immediately followed by the trip to Scarborough here is my resume of the time away.

15 of us met up at Gatwick airport in the Sports bar at 0430 hours on the Thursday morning. We left on time and arrived less than sober, then except for 4 rounds of golf on the volcanic islands only golf course, all other time was spent in bars and restaurants and nightclubs.
Very little sleep was permitted and the marathon sessions ran from one day to the next.

The least recorded sleep for the week was 14 hours by one indivdual what a party animal.:cheers:

The golf course was fun as all the fairways where lined with well established palm trees and where the fairways were grass it was great but large swathes of the course are not grass and you have to play of a surface called "picon" locally which is ground down volcanic rock.
I was advised to take an old club to use on the picon so it didn't ruin my own clubs. The picon was so hard it severely damaged the old club when used on the picon.
We stayed in Playa del Carmen which is an area with a 2 mile length of coast road with literally hundreds of pubs, clubs and restaurants well within staggering distance for everyone.
The weather was warmish but it was not overly sunny and it was quitee windy most of our stay, but much preferable to the freezing temperatures seen on the UK weather forecasts!
Mrs Par met me at the airport a week later and we immediately drove north for our Scarborough weekender.
We stopped Thursday evening at Nottingham and visited a ceorc venue at West Bridgeford. We had a lovely time and the freestyle music was suprisingly to my liking. We left there and travelled to York where we had a £10 Travelodge room arranged.

Friday saw us visit York Minister and the old town, York really is a beautiful city.
Then off to Scarborough for the Jive Addiction weekender. We stayed at the Ambassador Hotel. The venue for dancing the Spa Complex was just wonderful with its awesome sea views and great dance floor.
John and Wes's great customer relations up to normal high standards.
Some great classes and super music played by top DJs Marc Foster, Dance Demon, Nigel Anderson and Wes Stala to name just a few.:worthy: :worthy:
Classes I did where with N&N, Mark and Simone Harding, Viktor, and the tango teacher Ivan.
Mark and Simone's class about giving feedback was inspiring and amusing and is something I hope they can share with many more dancers before they leave.
Then on Monday the long drive home ......just a short stop off at Monday Lush as we passed London to finish off a mmmmmmmmmm:drool: two weeks holiday.

big thanks to Mrs par for letting me go to the golf trip:kiss: