PDA

View Full Version : What would make you happy?

LMC
23rd-January-2006, 12:35 PM
On this most depressing day of the year, according to Dr. Cliff Arnalls of Cardiff University. The mathematical proof of this is [W+(D-d)] x TQM x NA

where
W = weather
D = debt
d = the amount you will get on your next pay day
T = time since Christmas
Q = time since failure to quit a bad habit
M = general motivation
NA = need to take action to plan something to look forward to

I'm happy now, having posted this pathetic excuse for a poll.

EDIT: Ooops, just noticed dancing is on there twice... got rudely interrupted by a work call. Oh well, it is a dance forum after all :D

Trousers
23rd-January-2006, 12:43 PM
Where's the option for less sex as I need some serious sleep?
:whistle:

Feelingpink
23rd-January-2006, 12:44 PM
Actually, I wanted sunshine AND a pinup of Andy, preferably in his red sequins, but I guess I was just being greedy.

PS Who is David James?

TheTramp
23rd-January-2006, 12:45 PM
Damn. Didn't realise that it was a public poll!!

Thanks LMC :whistle:

senorita
23rd-January-2006, 12:48 PM
On this most depressing day of the year, according to Dr. Cliff Arnalls of Cardiff University. The mathematical proof of this is [W+(D-d)] x TQM x NA

where
W = weather
D = debt
T = time since Christmas
M = general motivation

I'm happy now, having posted this pathetic excuse for a poll.

EDIT: Ooops, just noticed dancing is on there twice... got rudely interrupted by a work call. Oh well, it is a dance forum after all :D

There is more than one thing I wanted to choose....but the poll wont let me :sad:

LMC
23rd-January-2006, 12:50 PM
Damn. Didn't realise that it was a public poll!!

Thanks LMC :whistle:
That was to double the happiness for people checking the results :D

Senorita - don't be greedy :hug:

Rhythm King
23rd-January-2006, 01:07 PM
I can't make up my mind between "dancing" and "going dancing" and now I'm really miserable and it's all your fault, waaaaah! :tears:

Gadget
23rd-January-2006, 01:15 PM
On this most depressing day of the year, ...Hey!! all my reserch {google :rolleyes:} told me it's tomorrow :tears:

LMC
23rd-January-2006, 01:19 PM
I've seen 24 January too. I think it's the fourth Monday in January rather than any specific date.

Sorry Gadget :hug:

Icey
23rd-January-2006, 01:20 PM
I want new shoes, dance ones in particular. Other than that I'm really quite happy :D

Lynn
23rd-January-2006, 01:22 PM
Hey!! all my reserch {google :rolleyes:} told me it's tomorrow :tears:Well on the news they said it was today because being a Monday adds to its being miserable...

Actually I did find it hard to get up and get going this morning (which was a bit depressing as my energy levels were back to normal on Saturday - sadly a temporary blip, reasons unknown). So I wore something pretty to make myself feel better.:flower:

Dancing or shoes...dancing or shoes... arrgh - can't decide!

Of course if there was a specific 'Dancing Tango' option the choice would be made...
(Not that there is that option today unless I go to swing tonight and drag the teacher into a corner at the end of the night for some AT...hmm, tempting idea...)

(Now I'm doing TTD on your thread LMC!)

McJester
23rd-January-2006, 01:32 PM
I opted for a Million Pounds, not because it would provide long term happiness, but would provide me the freedom to stand a better chance of finding happiness.

Mind you getting a million would definitely put a big smile on my face :grin:, so if any one has a million they don't want I am willing to give it a good home. :wink:

:hug:
McJ

ps not on the list - a Quick healing toe, still not upto speed with my broken one

Piglet
23rd-January-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm already happy in my Piglet world and simply to continue breathing for now will be great!

To make my life happier though, I'd like to get my teenage son back as a lovable kid (which we're getting to - but with perhaps a bit of bribery) and not a terrible teenage tantrum terror!

Tessalicious
23rd-January-2006, 01:36 PM
My real answer wasn't an option, cos it's far too complicated - it would make me happy to really find my feet in my work/study and be able to do the things that seem to be expected of me, or at least to stop beating myself up about it when I can't.

Failing that, shoe-related retail therapy would do - except I can't do that either, I made a New Year's resolution, and I'm determined to keep it at least until the end of January. So I'm having strange dreams about going to Watford instead...

Gadget
23rd-January-2006, 01:38 PM
Dancing makes any troubles fall away... for a few bars at least :D

Long term... to have enough fiscal security to be happy short term all the time. :wink:

Lee
23rd-January-2006, 01:39 PM
There is no option for seeing Missy Ds hampster rehomed. That would make my day.

Lee

TheTramp
23rd-January-2006, 02:10 PM
Okie. Just because Barry Schnikov and myself have clicked 'Any Sex'.....

I really don't want to hear ANY suggestions at all.... :angry:

Dizzy
23rd-January-2006, 03:02 PM
What would make me happy?

Well a job I like and a better place to live would be my aims really :whistle:.

LMC
23rd-January-2006, 03:05 PM
Trampy - the thought didn't occur until you said... :whistle:

Rhythm King
23rd-January-2006, 03:07 PM

I wouldn't have thought a man of your persuasions and experiences would need any suggestions :whistle:

babycass77
23rd-January-2006, 03:15 PM
The mathematical proof of this is [W+(D-d)] x TQM x NA

where
W = weather
D = debt
T = time since Christmas
M = general motivation

[b] Is it a sign of how depressing today actually is that I had nothing better to do than sit and figure out that formula? :( Actually I've nver understood a mathematical formula in my life, given that I'm an english teacher and can count to 21 (fingers, toes, nose) yet that one I get... :confused:

Barry Shnikov
23rd-January-2006, 03:38 PM

:sad: Could've been the start of a beautiful friendship, Louis...:wink:

jivecat
23rd-January-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm feeling very happy today anyway, despite the absence of any of the things on the list. Well, there is a bar of chocolate downstairs but I haven't felt driven to eat it.

Only eight more January days to go, though as Januarys go this has been a good one.

philsmove
23rd-January-2006, 04:43 PM
Sunshine, A nice cup of tea, new shoes, Dancing, Chocolate, Going dancing
And the just the though of a Ski & Roc Holiday next week :drool: :cheers: :clap: :waycool:

WittyBird
23rd-January-2006, 05:07 PM
Where's the option for Health? :mad:

dee
23rd-January-2006, 05:11 PM
There is no option for seeing Missy Ds hampster rehomed. That would make my day.

Lee

Why don't you have it? that would make my day too. :whistle:

The only thing at the mo that would make my day is if my 12 year old would say she was 16 and leaving home :sick: since starting secondary school a few years back she has been a nightmare :mad: "whateva" is the only word she can say these days :mad:

LMC
23rd-January-2006, 05:11 PM
For those who wanted something sensible... the whole point is frivolity on this most depressing day of the whole year.

Anyone who is struggling with being silly needs a hug - maybe I should have added that to the list.

:hug: for anyone who wants one, I'm feeling generous today.

TheTramp
23rd-January-2006, 05:13 PM
Woohoo.... :clap:

Barry and I are no longer alone!! Just a shame that I'm scared of Fletch :really: :rolleyes:

dee
23rd-January-2006, 05:14 PM
Only eight more January days to go

And it will be my birthday :clap: an excuse to eat lots of cake and have a drink or three :clap:

killingtime
23rd-January-2006, 05:15 PM
PS Who is David James?

He's a name known to all :rolleyes:.

Thanks for the Serenity option LMC :hug:.

WittyBird
23rd-January-2006, 05:16 PM
:hug: for anyone who wants one, I'm feeling generous today.
Can I be greedy and have 2 please :tears:

fletch
23rd-January-2006, 05:17 PM
I wanted to choose more than one option:sad:

But on reflection maybe things could be looking up,:clap: its only me Tramp and Barry that want 'any sex' so lads how about it?:wink:

Hold on i'm having second thoughts I can't cope with the rejection at the moment:tears:

:rolleyes:

:hug:

fletch
23rd-January-2006, 05:20 PM
Where's the option for less sex as I need some serious sleep?
:whistle:

I take it we arn't talking about you:whistle:

Do I know him:rofl:

LMC
23rd-January-2006, 05:20 PM
WB, this is a silly and shallow thread, drag those droopy feathers over to the sofa, please, it's a far more suitable environment for the :tears: icon. Oh, and :hug:, there ya go.

Sorry fletch... I just thought it would be more fun to see what people think is most important right now :devil: (still :rofl: @Trampy )

TheTramp
23rd-January-2006, 05:23 PM
Woohoo. We're up to a foursome now!! :eek:

Andy McGregor
23rd-January-2006, 05:27 PM
The thought that the Tramp didn't know this is a public poll has made me happy. And the thought that even the Tramp is scared of Fletch has made me feel normal :what:

fletch
23rd-January-2006, 06:06 PM
Woohoo. We're up to a foursome now!! :eek:
so your up for it what about Barry? :drool: not sure if he can cope with two, :eek: looks like two guys and two gals perhaps we could swop half way, :whistle: he may feel more in control that way:wink:
Are you in Dee

:rofl:

TheTramp
23rd-January-2006, 06:07 PM
so your up for it

Whatever. I'm just glad that Andy ticked another option!!! :rolleyes:

fletch
23rd-January-2006, 06:08 PM
And the thought that even the Tramp is scared of Fletch has made me feel normal :what::tears:

I'm not scary:flower:

Well I DO look a bit scary at the moment

:whistle: :wink:

Lynn
23rd-January-2006, 06:12 PM
I went for some retail therapy on the way home from work and got my fav dance trousers (I have several identical pairs) in the sale for £5 :clap: (New Look... age 12 :rofl: the age 13 were far too long :really: :tears: )

But what will make me really happy today will be to get this pile of exam papers marked. :tears:

fletch
23rd-January-2006, 06:13 PM
Whatever. I'm just glad that Andy ticked another option!!! :rolleyes:

So Barry's safe then:what:

:D

dee
23rd-January-2006, 07:17 PM
so your up for it what about Barry? :drool: not sure if he can cope with two, :eek: looks like two guys and two gals perhaps we could swop half way, :whistle: he may feel more in control that way:wink:
Are you in Dee

Yep i'm in :yum:

Feelingpink
23rd-January-2006, 07:29 PM
(Re DavidJames) He's a name known to all ...Ah, well I guess that disqualifies him from going into the Celebrity Big Brother House?:wink:

fletch
23rd-January-2006, 11:59 PM
Yep i'm in :yum:

The boy's have gone
quirt,:rolleyes: I guess they need time to muster up some confidence:whistle:

or more likely another knock back:tears:

TheTramp
24th-January-2006, 12:02 AM
Some of us had to go to work this evening!! :tears:

Though, I had a pretty good night :rolleyes:

thewacko
24th-January-2006, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=Feelingpink]Actually, I wanted sunshine AND a pinup of Andy, preferably in his red sequins, but I guess I was just being greedy.[QUOTE]
:yeah: plus chocolate :drool: and dancing and new dance shoes:rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lynn
24th-January-2006, 12:18 AM
But what will make me really happy today will be to get this pile of exam papers marked. :tears:I'm happy now! :clap:

Didn't we all just know who would vote for the vodoo doll :rofl: (he just wants to use it for tango poses anyway).

fletch
24th-January-2006, 12:21 AM
I'm happy now! :clap:

Well done:clap:

Kettle on choc bar in hand:drool:

You can now relax:flower:

Little Monkey
24th-January-2006, 12:27 AM
I opted for a Million Pounds,

You did?? I wanted to, but there was just the option of a million dollars, which definitely isn't enough money for a Little Monkey. :rolleyes:

So, I went for the option of 'Just clicking here has made my day', just 'cus it was the silliest option, which suits me fine!:D

fletch
24th-January-2006, 12:27 AM
Some of us had to go to work this evening!! :tears:

Though, I had a pretty good night :rolleyes:

There there:rolleyes:

Would you like me to run you a bath, i'll put the soft music on and light the candles:wink:

Fletch,
disappears into the bedroom with baby oil in one hand and basque in the other:whistle:

:eek:

thewacko
24th-January-2006, 12:29 AM

Would you like me to run you a bath, i'll put the soft music on and light the candles:wink:

Fletch,
disappears into the bedroom with baby oil in one hand and basque in the other:whistle:

:tears: :tears: :tears: trampy I hate you:tears: :tears: :tears:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Barry Shnikov
24th-January-2006, 12:30 AM

Fletch,

Barry grabs Marigolds and bicycle pump and follows...

TheTramp
24th-January-2006, 12:32 AM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Barry Shnikov
24th-January-2006, 12:35 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

...and then pops back to pick up the jar of hot pickles...

fletch
24th-January-2006, 12:35 AM
who's scary now:eek:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

fletch
24th-January-2006, 12:37 AM
...and then pops back to pick up the jar of hot pickles...

Dee where are you I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!:sick:

thewacko
24th-January-2006, 01:06 AM
Dee where are you I need HELP!!!!!!!!!!:sick:
not to mention the bottle of syrup of figs Barry had already hidden behind the toilet rolls:eek: :eek: :eek:

fletch
24th-January-2006, 01:10 AM
not to mention the bottle of syrup of figs Barry had already hidden behind the toilet rolls:eek: :eek: :eek:
Its all getting to much:eek: shall we just sneak off no on will notice:whistle: :wink:

LMC
24th-January-2006, 01:14 AM
Oh good, another thread turned into a cybersex conversation - we haven't got enough of those.

:yawn:

Barry Shnikov
24th-January-2006, 01:15 AM
Its all getting to much:eek: shall we just sneak off no on will notice:whistle: :wink:
Listen chum - after the bicycle pump, syrup of figs is just an irrelevance...

Lynn
24th-January-2006, 01:15 AM
Kettle on choc bar in hand:drool:

You can now relax:flower:Yep! Have to get up early for a meeting for someone to double mark a sample though, so better get off this forum and go to sleep!

OK - chocolate *tick*, nice cup of tea *tick*, now where did I put that pin up of Andy...:whistle:

fletch
24th-January-2006, 01:17 AM
What is???:innocent:

I'm blond don't forget:blush:

thewacko
24th-January-2006, 01:18 AM
its the marigolds that made my mind boggle:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

fletch
24th-January-2006, 01:24 AM
I'm going to bed :innocent:

So who's coming:wink:

TheTramp
24th-January-2006, 01:25 AM
Oh good, another thread turned into a cybersex conversation - we haven't got enough of those.

:yawn:

I blame the person who put options about sex on this particular poll. It was only going to go one way from that really.... :devil:

thewacko
24th-January-2006, 01:28 AM
I blame the person who put options about sex on this particular poll. It was only going to go one way from that really.... :devil:
sex?

ididn't get past the one about a pin up of Andy McGregor:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
24th-January-2006, 01:35 AM
Ok I want a man there is no option for that, brown hair preferrably, and tall. So which option do I pick then?

And who is Andy Mc Gregor?

TheTramp
24th-January-2006, 02:02 AM
Ok I want a man there is no option for that, brown hair preferrably, and tall. So which option do I pick then?

And who is Andy Mc Gregor?

He's a tall man, with brown hair..... :devil:

Andy McGregor
24th-January-2006, 02:20 AM
He's a tall man, with brown hair..... :devil:Or a short blonde woman with lose morals :wink:

fletch
24th-January-2006, 09:36 AM
Or a short blonde woman with lose morals :wink:
We wont be mistaken i'm not short:D

senorita
24th-January-2006, 09:40 AM
Just a shame that I'm scared of Fletch :really: :rolleyes:

ER hmmm why?? :what:

Andy McGregor
24th-January-2006, 09:46 AM
ER hmmm why?? :what:Intimidation :eek:

Fletch is tall, blonde, fit, wears great frocks and shoes shoes-to-die-for and suggests things that a nice boy shouldn't even know about :sick:

senorita
24th-January-2006, 09:55 AM
Intimidation :eek:
suggests things that a nice boy shouldn't even know about :sick:

and what is she suggesting for you to do youngman?? :D :wink:

TheTramp
24th-January-2006, 10:02 AM

Fletch is tall, blonde, fit, wears great frocks and shoes shoes-to-die-for and suggests things that a nice boy shouldn't even know about :sick:
:yeah: :eek:

And I'm a nice boy! :innocent:

Barry Shnikov
24th-January-2006, 11:06 AM
What is???:innocent:

I'm blond don't forget:blush:

My fault. I appear to have quoted entirely the wrong post, dagnabbit.:(

Must stop hanging around here unless fully awake.

thewacko
26th-January-2006, 01:20 AM

sounds more like you Andy:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

fletch
26th-January-2006, 09:13 AM
:yeah: :eek:

And I'm a nice boy! :innocent:

Stop it :sad:

Its no wonder I can't get a man back to my chalet on a weekender:innocent:

its all talk,:blush: well when I describing what i'm doing anyway:wink:

Andy McGregor
26th-January-2006, 09:27 AM
Stop it :sad:

Its no wonder I can't get a man back to my chalet on a weekender:innocent:

its all talk,:blush: well when I describing what i'm doing anyway:wink:

:rofl:I'm willing to come back to your chalet - I'd love to try on that leaopard skin outfit:whistle:

Swinging bee
26th-January-2006, 10:11 AM
Fletch,

:eek:[/QUOTE]

Phew! did this mean that she had just taken it off.:yeah: ...Too much information ! Need to get a quicker pacemaker.....or a cold bath!

fletch
26th-January-2006, 11:50 AM
Fletch,

Phew! did this mean that she had just taken it off.:yeah: ...Too much information ! Need to get a quicker pacemaker.....or a cold bath![/QUOTE]

which would YOU prefer on or off:confused:

Swinging bee, you are on my next hit list, you escaped at Bognor, but I always get my man :wink:

fletch
26th-January-2006, 11:55 AM
I'm willing to come back to your chalet - I'd love to try on that leaopard skin outfit:whistle:

Starting at the top
I have;-

Leaopard print

hat
pants
2 dresses
shoes
scarf
gloves
bag
and
coat

I cant wear them all at the same time, that would be bad taste:what:

We could do a 'Bet Linch' together:wink:

Barry Shnikov
26th-January-2006, 02:20 PM
Swinging bee, you are on my next hit list, you escaped at Bognor, but I always get my man :wink::D

...even if it's only in an arm-lock:devil:

fletch
26th-January-2006, 02:28 PM
...even if it's only in an arm-lock:devil:
I'm an expert in wrestling moves I used to date Pat Roach:eek:

:blush:

R.I.P Pat, x
:flower:
x

Swinging bee
26th-January-2006, 05:13 PM
Phew! did this mean that she had just taken it off.:yeah: ...Too much information ! Need to get a quicker pacemaker.....or a cold bath!

Swinging bee, you are on my next hit list, you escaped at Bognor, but I always get my man :wink:

:D[/QUOTE]

Just like the Mounties eh!........Mounties? do they mount things I wonder...? oh yes, of course, they ride horses don't they...silly me!.. got it wrong..

fletch
26th-January-2006, 05:52 PM

Just like the Mounties eh!........Mounties? do they mount things I wonder...? oh yes, of course, they ride horses don't they...silly me!.. got it wrong..[/QUOTE]

you are trying to encourage me to be naughty we will get in trouble and sent upstairs:wink:

Swinging bee
26th-January-2006, 07:53 PM
Just like the Mounties eh!........Mounties? do they mount things I wonder...? oh yes, of course, they ride horses don't they...silly me!.. got it wrong..

you are trying to encourage me to be naughty we will get in trouble and sent upstairs:wink:[/QUOTE]

Where you will get 50 lashes with a scented boot lace

fletch
26th-January-2006, 08:06 PM
Where you will get 50 lashes with a scented boot lace
Only 50, surly you can manage more:wink:

Swinging bee
26th-January-2006, 08:44 PM
Only 50, surly you can manage more:wink:

Actually no, I've been using my right arm too much......:rofl:

Would have to get a man in! ! !

fletch
26th-January-2006, 08:54 PM
Would have to get a man in! ! !
I have been trying for years:D

if you know any send e'm my way:rofl:

Swinging bee
26th-January-2006, 08:59 PM
I have been trying for years:D

if you know any send e'm my way:rofl:

Is stamina a criteria...:drool:
Indeed, what is your ideal man then?

fletch
26th-January-2006, 09:22 PM
Is stamina a criteria...:drool:
Indeed, what is your ideal man then?
oooo now you've asked.:waycool:

Loyal
Fluid
sense of humour
independent
I would like to be put on a pedestal and treated like a princess, but I will settle for respect.
Intelligent 'ish'
i'm not bothered about looks to much, but I seem to be attracted to the larger man (height and weight I mean):blush:

ho and single I don't take what's not mine, well not men anyway.:rofl:

So if you know any let me know:flower:

Swinging bee
26th-January-2006, 09:48 PM
oooo now you've asked.:waycool:

Loyal
Fluid
sense of humour
independent
I would like to be put on a pedestal and treated like a princess, but I will settle for respect.
Intelligent 'ish'
i'm not bothered about looks to much, but I seem to be attracted to the larger man (height and weight I mean):blush:

ho and single I don't take what's not mine, well not men anyway.:rofl:

So if you know any let me know:flower: Keep regular....

So you are just an old fashioned gal' at heart...I notice that sense of humour is near the top of the list.. I can confess that before I met Lin it always seemed to get me into trouble.........:whistle:

Must get on! got two events to Dj this weekend and there are tracks to put on the laptop.....for the benefit of Minnie M ....:kiss: they are real cool

fletch
26th-January-2006, 09:55 PM
So you are just an old fashioned gal' at heart

There arn't many men cleaver enough to see it though,:whistle: but I do a good job of hiding it:wink:

have a fab week end your music is FAB

:flower:

thewacko
27th-January-2006, 01:36 AM
Starting at the top
I have;-

Leaopard print

hat
pants
2 dresses
shoes
scarf
gloves
bag
and
coat

I cant wear them all at the same time, that would be bad taste:what:

We could do a 'Bet Linch' together:wink:
:eek: :what:

what no knickers:drool: :drool: :drool:

what chalet did you say you were pole dancing at at Storm:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

fletch
27th-January-2006, 09:08 AM
:eek: :what:

what no knickers:drool: :drool: :drool:

what chalet did you say you were pole dancing at at Storm:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Pants, that my Brummie word for Knickers:D

Although I have been known to go camondo,:blush: it save the V.P.L.:wink:

Swinging bee
27th-January-2006, 09:48 AM

Just been thinkin'. Pants sounds like a plural of pant....Ah! Now I get the picture.....

fletch
27th-January-2006, 02:45 PM
Just been thinkin'. Pants sounds like a plural of pant....Ah! Now I get the picture.....

Isn't that what dogs do??? Not me then:rofl:

Swinging bee
27th-January-2006, 02:58 PM
Isn't that what dogs do??? Not me then:rofl:

Are you saying that you have never panted???? or are you frightened to admit it !! Ah, go on do tell.

fletch
27th-January-2006, 03:50 PM
Are you saying that you have never panted???? or are you frightened to admit it !! Ah, go on do tell.

No i'm saying I'm not a dog, a bitch occasionally, but not a dog

thewacko
30th-January-2006, 10:50 PM

thought of wearing a kilt at storm but come to think of it it could be cold and I wouldn,t want you thinking I was a girl:eek: