PDA

View Full Version : Ceroc Hits East London

Dan Hudson
21st-January-2006, 09:48 PM
Ceroc Greenwich finally open the long awaited new venue...

Bringing Ceroc to East London

OPENING NIGHT FREE ENTRY TO ALL

Every Thursday from 26th January at

Jongleurs
Bow Wharf
221 Grove Road
London
E3 1AA

Doors Open 7.45pm
Beginners Class 8.00pm
Beginners revision Class 9.00pm
Intermediates 9.00pm
Freestyle until 11.00pm

I will be teaching the beginners class :sick: :eek:
and the lovely Russell or Kelly will be teaching the intermediate:clap:

On the decks will be Erick:worthy:

Minnie M
21st-January-2006, 09:59 PM

Jongleurs
Bow Wharf
221 Grove Road
London
E3 1AA

Doors Open 7.45pm
Beginners Class 8.00pm
Intermediates 9.00pm
Freestyle until 11.00pm

:yeah: good luck with your new venture :flower: :yeah:
and

Good luck with the class :hug: :kiss: :hug:

fletch
21st-January-2006, 10:02 PM
:yeah: good luck with your new venture :flower: :yeah:
and

Good luck with the class :hug: :kiss: :hug:
:yeah:

Dizzy
22nd-January-2006, 12:49 AM
Good Luck Dan in the new venue!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope that it all goes well for you guys and Good Luck Dan teaching for the first time :worthy: :hug:.

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-January-2006, 01:44 AM
Good Luck Dan in the new venue!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I hope that it all goes well for you guys and Good Luck Dan teaching for the first time :worthy: :hug:.
Oooh Let me be first to say congratulations in public :worthy: Sorry I can't be there for the opening sweetie and seeing you on the stage :clap: third week of me wcs and if I miss one out of the six I know I will loose it :rofl:

Andy McGregor
22nd-January-2006, 02:42 AM
the lovely Russell
He's just so lovely, I'm surprised more people don't say it :wink:

Good luck with the launch. It should be brilliant - and unopposed as you're a long way from Kent :whistle:

Russell Saxby
22nd-January-2006, 02:53 AM
He's just so lovely, I'm surprised more people don't say it :wink:

:yeah: :yeah:

am I allowed to rep myself :D

Minnie M
22nd-January-2006, 10:16 AM
He's just so lovely, I'm surprised more people don't say it :wink:.........
oh.............but we do :blush: but in private as we don't want to embarass him :yeah:

thewacko
22nd-January-2006, 10:54 AM

:whistle: and the Taxi Dancers are second to none:whistle:

:cheers: Congratulations on passing the Teacher Training Dan, :cheers:

:rolleyes: but dont worry if you c*ck up I will be there to show the beginners how to do it right in the taxi class:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Barry Shnikov
22nd-January-2006, 11:34 AM

It's that like an East London type of surname, 'or Kelly'? Like they have 'ap Rees' in Wales?

thewacko
22nd-January-2006, 02:18 PM
It's that like an East London type of surname, 'or Kelly'? Like they have 'ap Rees' in Wales?
:mad: oy do not ever ever ever try to say the luverly Kelly is in any way the same person as Russell

:flower: Kelly hope you feel well enough to come on Thusday:flower:

:( Sorry Russ, but are not Kelly:sad:

Cruella
22nd-January-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry but i'll be here that night.
Harrow (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=191212&highlight=aussie#post191212)

Wish you all the best for your opening though. I'm sure you'll be fine Dan just relax and enjoy the attention! :flower:

senorita
23rd-January-2006, 12:01 PM

Jongleurs
Bow Wharf
221 Grove Road
London
E3 1AA

Doors Open 7.45pm
Beginners Class 8.00pm
Intermediates 9.00pm
Freestyle until 11.00pm

Can you move up a little closer to me please ??..then I will defo be there every thurs :nice:

Congratulations btw and hope you have the best of luck

drathzel
23rd-January-2006, 12:30 PM
Good Luck Dan, I'll not be far behind you, teaching in Belfast on Wednesday night (we can swap horror stories) good luck mate and thanks for your support this week:hug:

Feelingpink
23rd-January-2006, 12:34 PM

...Can't wait for your lesson Dan! See you there!

(I hear those SF rummages are overrated anyway) :devil:

Barry Shnikov
23rd-January-2006, 04:05 PM
:mad: oy do not ever ever ever try to say the luverly Kelly is in any way the same person as Russell
:( Sorry Russ, but are not Kelly:sad:

More confused now.:confused:

'R Kelly'? 'are not Kelly'? Strange naming rituals they have over there...

Paul F
23rd-January-2006, 04:10 PM
Just wanted to add my good luck wishes for Thursday :cheers:

Im sure you will be fine Dan. If it goes wrong dont worry about it. Just laugh it off.

Shame I cant be there but all the best. ( I sound like im on 'This is your life' :) )

SilverFox
23rd-January-2006, 06:49 PM
(I hear those SF rummages are overrated anyway) :devil:Liar!! :D

Rebecca, it's not about the hearing...it's about the feeling....:devil: :devil:

Tazmanian Devil
23rd-January-2006, 07:13 PM
it's not about the hearing...it's about the feeling....:devil: :devil:
too true :wink: :drool:

dee
23rd-January-2006, 07:26 PM
Rebecca, it's not about the hearing...it's about the feeling....:devil: :devil:

Feeling Pink you don't know what you are missing :innocent: looking forward to my rummage on thursday :yum:

Ps SF please please please wear those trousers with the zips :drool:

thewacko
23rd-January-2006, 10:52 PM
Can't wait for your lesson Dan! See you there!

(I hear those SF rummages are overrated anyway) :devil:

:waycool: hey dont forget the old fat ugly taxi dancer - I want a dance as well:clap: :clap:

Tazmanian Devil
24th-January-2006, 05:26 PM
:waycool: hey dont forget the old fat ugly taxi dancer - I want a dance as well:clap: :clap:
Oi you are on duty mister :D So make sure you dance with Beginners only till 10:00.:flower:
:kiss: :hug:

Dan Hudson
24th-January-2006, 07:03 PM
erm 10.30......:D

Tazmanian Devil
24th-January-2006, 07:07 PM
:blush: opps sorry.

Dirty D
25th-January-2006, 03:33 AM
:blush: opps sorry.
You'll have to keep an eye on this one Dan, I think old age has got the better of her! Good Luck Dan, Hope all goes well, sorry I cant make it & Best of Luck to all the Greenwich Crew with the new venue!

Georgious dancer
25th-January-2006, 09:54 PM
Looking forward to the opening 2moz, I'll definitely be there. Good Luck with your first class Dan, I'm sure you'll be great!

thewacko
26th-January-2006, 12:55 AM
:blush: oops sorry boss

:devil: wanted experienced dancers who don't know dan and don't mind pretending to be beginners:devil:

So remember beginners only till ten thirty
then I will dance with those who do know dan

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
26th-January-2006, 01:56 AM
You'll have to keep an eye on this one Dan, I think old age has got the better of her!
:eek: Oi you cheeky bugger. Just remember you are older than me :rofl:

drathzel
26th-January-2006, 08:41 PM
Let us know how it gets on tonight!:D Good luck!:hug:

thewacko
27th-January-2006, 01:21 AM
Let us know how it gets on tonight!:D Good luck!:hug:
:waycool: Just got back from Jongleurs - WOW what a venue
:what: Wow Dan the man did good - his first beginners class and he proved to be the old pro we all know him as (only tonight he didn't charge:eek: )

A big thankyou to all who came, If I did dance with any forumites at the end of the evening nobody introduced themselves:tears: :tears: , but the problem with taxying (taxiing; taxi dancing; being a taxi - oh whatever) is you are restricted to beginners till the last half hour and anyone who knows you then grabs a dance.

Anyone who didn't make it all I can say is come over and give it a try I am sure you will like it.:clap:

There was a small problem with the Blackwall tunnel tonight which spoils it a bit for those of us who live sarf of the river, but other wise I am sure most will agree a very good venue and a very good night:clap: :clap: :cheers:

and Dan all I can say is :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
:yeah:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-January-2006, 03:09 AM
I hear it all went well tonight. :clap: :clap: :clap: congratulations darling Sorry I missed it, :sad: I knew you would be great :wink: and I hear you were better than great. :yum: Will be there next week :kiss: :hug:

thewacko
27th-January-2006, 03:14 AM
and I hear you were better than great. :yum: :kiss: :hug:

Just for the record (I have a reputation to live up) to that wasn't me:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:innocent: :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-January-2006, 02:26 PM
Just for the record (I have a reputation to live up) to that wasn't me:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:innocent: :whistle:
Oh yes it was mister Reputation to keep :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Also have heard from others today to say it was fab so
well done
Again Darling I am really pleased it went well.

Rhythm King
27th-January-2006, 03:43 PM
I went to this venue last night.

It is located upstairs in a building at the back of a small business/retail/leisure estate, seemingly converted from an old factory. Public transport links are good, with Mile End tube not too far away and several bus routes passing either the front door, or nearby. There is a fenced car park at the front and more parking down an adjacent side road. There is a thai restaurant on site, if you want to eat before, and plenty of fast food places in the area for post-dance nosh.

I knew where I was going, but felt perhaps a little more signage might have been helpful, outside, near the car park, and also inside the venue itself.

The crew were very welcoming and the room itself is long, with a bar area at the far end. The stage is in the middle, so there are lots of short rows, for the class. The bar itself charges typical London prices, but is not completely over the top. I initially thought the floor was going to be a bit "slow" and on the sticky side, but in fact it was fine. There was a big sign for the "Taxi Rank", so beginners and taxis knew where to go to meet up, which I thought was a very useful touch.

The crowd was a mixture of complete newbies and familiar faces, with a broad range of standards. A smattering of forumites were in attendance, some crewing, some punters.

Dan's first class was terrific - well done mate :worthy: He never put a foot wrong. Russell then taught a nice, smooth intermediate class, which quite frankly was to a similar standard as a class taught at the advanced night at the Jive Bar the night before.

Erick played a blinding set. I heard one person say that they thought it might have been a little adventurous for a first night at a Ceroc venue, but I really enjoyed it. There was a good mix of latin, pop, old favourites and some more eclectic stuff. FeelingPink has some photos, I don't know if she's planning to post any.

All in all it was a really good night, and especially so as it was out East rather than having to trudge across town all the time. Well done everybody - I'll definitely be back, even though it means taking turns with WCS.

R-K :cheers:

Dan Hudson
27th-January-2006, 06:50 PM
Thanks to all who came and supported us last night:flower:

Was a great night:clap: , the venue was great, a few teething problems that will be ironed out by next week:waycool:

Enjoyed my first class, thanks for the apples guys:rofl:

Some new faces, some old faces, a great mixture, great set by Erick too

Hope to see a few more forumites over the coming weeks:D

David Bailey
27th-January-2006, 07:12 PM
{ review }

Rhythm King, that's a superb review - factual, informative, entertaining and most of all, balanced. :clap: :worthy:

Now if only all feedback were that useful :rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-January-2006, 09:12 PM
Rhythm King, that's a superb review - factual, informative, entertaining and most of all, balanced. :clap: :worthy:

Now if only all feedback were that useful :rolleyes:
:yeah: I almost felt like I was there!!
Apparently (R-K you forgot to mention this :rofl: ) Due to it being Australia day yesterday, they were giving away Fosters Hats flip flops and inflatable surf boards.

Needless to say The wacko came home with one of each :clap:

Georgious dancer
27th-January-2006, 11:27 PM
Congratulations guys! It certainly was a great night! The venue had a really nice atmosphere and Erik played some great tracks!

Dan, you were superb, I knew you could do it! Russel, another fab intermediate class!:clap:

Looking forward to next Thursday (Dan, don't forget you owe me a dance!) I'm sure it'll be another great night.

Minnie M
27th-January-2006, 11:44 PM
.......Dan, don't forget you owe me a dance!).
Call me stupid, but I thought Georgious dancer was a fella (the clue in the name) :blush:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-January-2006, 11:56 PM
Call me stupid, but I thought Georgious dancer was a fella (the clue in the name) :blush:
Hee hee She will be happy :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: certainly made me laugh. Georgiou is her last name.

Have some rep

Feelingpink
28th-January-2006, 12:55 PM
Thursday night was fun - Dan, you have eaten your apples yet? :D

Had a dreamy latin dance with Dan and a total play with Craig to Erick's own band's jazz version of Pink Panther :drool: (if you ever decide to release it, I'll be first in line to buy a copy) and lots of scrummy dances with Gus.

Dan's lesson was excellent - he sounded so cool - as if he'd been doing it forever (Russell's lesson with Alykat demoing was very smooth too). RK probably said most things about the night. There was a lovely beginner guy there who was on his third week and doing great guns. I'm definitely dancing with him again.

The only 'downer' was a dance with one guy who pulls when he leads and left me with a sore shoulder. We danced at Greenwich several months ago when he was doing the same thing, I made suggestions as to how he could lead without yanking (although somewhat more diplomatically worded) and we had another dance that was pure pleasure, so he CAN do it. I guess he's just chosen not to. :sad:

Below are Dan ("I'm so cool, I can whistle AND dance") Hudson, Rhythm ("What, me pose for the camera?") King with Helen and Gus, about to do a move that will take him even closer to the bar. Lovely beginner man is on the left of RK.

Dan Hudson
28th-January-2006, 03:18 PM
Originally Sent by Gus, posted with permission

Re Opening Night at Bow

Well, what a great night! Dan did really well for a first night, looked like a pro. Russell's intermediate lesson had a real nice feel and a really cute sway variation that definitely deserves to be used on a regular basis ... and two total babes of demos ... good enough even to even make up for the 'chiselled' features of Russell and Dan ;). Good turn out of new dancers, and some real gems there who I hope will develop into really good dancers. AND a great run out of experienced dancers. From the Forum it was great to see Allykat, FP and RK. There were some of the really nice dancers from Greenwich and a real treat to see the awesome Hadley there ..... if these girls are regulars then there will be a huge queue of male dancers making the pilgrimage to Bow .... In all a great night, shame its a bit of a trek from Manchester.

Georgious dancer
28th-January-2006, 05:32 PM

:sad: It's a good job I've got thick skin or I might cry :tears:

Don't worry though Minnie M I'll forgive you, it was actually quite funny! :rofl:

Minnie M
28th-January-2006, 09:06 PM
:sad: It's a good job I've got thick skin or I might cry :tears:

Don't worry though Minnie M I'll forgive you, it was actually quite funny! :rofl:
With a name starting with "Georg...... it was an easy mistake :blush: sorry :sad:

TheTramp
28th-January-2006, 09:07 PM
With a name starting with "Georg...... it was an easy mistake :blush: sorry :sad:

What? You mean like 'Georgina' for example?

Georgious dancer
28th-January-2006, 09:23 PM
Apology accepted Minnie M! :wink: I can see how the mistake was made!

Minnie M
28th-January-2006, 09:27 PM
What? You mean like 'Georgina' for example?
georg......ious :rolleyes: not georgina ..........ious :whistle:

TheTramp
28th-January-2006, 09:41 PM
georg......ious :rolleyes: not georgina ..........ious :whistle:
You said about it being an easy mistake to make, because the name started with 'Georg'.

Which Georgina does.

thewacko
30th-January-2006, 09:26 PM
:yeah: I almost felt like I was there!!
Apparently (R-K you forgot to mention this :rofl: ) Due to it being Australia day yesterday, they were giving away Fosters Hats flip flops and inflatable surf boards.

Needless to say The wacko came home with one of each :clap:

:sad: anyone know where I can get a left footed fosters flip flop:sad:

:rofl: :rofl: