PDA

View Full Version : MIA posters...

David Bailey
20th-January-2006, 09:10 PM
(Inspired by the "Pammy (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7527)" thread, and Ronde!'s M.I.A thread on the Australian forum (http://www.cerocforum.com/showthread.php?t=2041)*)

Has there been a lot of falloff in "older" posters recently? I'm too junior to know, but even I've noticed that some people aren't posting much, who were posting, back when I were a lad, so to speak.

Looking at the list of high-posters, I can't recall seeing much from the following people recently:

Chicklet
Bill (BTC)
Graham
MartinHarper
Bardsey
Emma
Wendy
Will
spindr
Gus

Anyone got any updates on these people? And is there anything we can do to entice them back, if they've got bored?

* Actually, that's maybe not such a good example - but the idea was sound I think

LMC
20th-January-2006, 09:12 PM
And is there anything we can do to entice them back, if they've got bored?
Yes - stop talking so much utter cr@p.

*signs off immediately*

thewacko
20th-January-2006, 11:29 PM
(Inspired by the "Pammy (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7527)" thread, and Ronde!'s M.I.A thread on the Australian forum (http://www.cerocforum.com/showthread.php?t=2041)*)

Has there been a lot of falloff in "older" posters recently? I'm too junior to know, but even I've noticed that some people aren't posting much, who were posting, back when I were a lad, so to speak.

Looking at the list of high-posters, I can't recall seeing much from the following people recently:

Chicklet
Bill (BTC)
Graham
MartinHarper
Bardsey
Emma
Wendy
Will
spindr
Gus

Anyone got any updates on these people? And is there anything we can do to entice them back, if they've got bored?

* Actually, that's maybe not such a good example - but the idea was sound I think
oh Bardsey, Bardsey, Where fore art though Bardsey
with thine artfar thingy whatsit being a fairy upon a hand we hast missed thou so much:nice:

which reminds me :tears: I still haven't made it to a venue in Leeds Yet:tears:

Whitebeard
21st-January-2006, 12:01 AM
..... MartinHarper ......

No doubt busy creating yet more links. On my part, I'm waiting for him to have a much needed haircut you know.

Andy McGregor
21st-January-2006, 12:15 AM
Chicklet=?
Bill (BTC)=Told us he was cutting down because he was moving or something.
Graham=?
MartinHarper=Pops in once in a while to annoy me :wink:
Bardsey=Her man's been sick and she's been busy.
Emma
Wendy=Living in France, pops in once in a while. She stayed with us about 3 months ago and was the same as ever. Which is FAB :clap:
Will=Posts at about the same rate as usual.
spindr=?
Gus=Changed his day job.

IMHO people dip in and out of the forum. I had a few months where I was busy and got out of the habit. And even now I post less than I did when I was working on a website project in General Practice.

We all change and there are times in our lives when spending 2 hours a day on the forum (or 8 hours a day in the case of the Tramp a couple of years ago) provides light relief from an otherwise boring day.

ducasi
21st-January-2006, 10:39 AM
Chicklet
Bill (BTC)
Graham
MartinHarper
Bardsey
Emma
Wendy
Will
spindr
Gus
Interesting that I met three of these people last night...

One of whom told me he'd given up the forum for good a few months back... (Oh, and I got to dance with the other two... :))

thewacko
22nd-January-2006, 09:22 AM
Chicklet=?
Bill (BTC)=Told us he was cutting down because he was moving or something.
Graham=?
MartinHarper=Pops in once in a while to annoy me :wink:
Bardsey=Her man's been sick and she's been busy.
Emma
Wendy=Living in France, pops in once in a while. She stayed with us about 3 months ago and was the same as ever. Which is FAB :clap:
Will=Posts at about the same rate as usual.
spindr=?
Gus=Changed his day job.

IMHO people dip in and out of the forum. I had a few months where I was busy and got out of the habit. And even now I post less than I did when I was working on a website project in General Practice.

We all change and there are times in our lives when spending 2 hours a day on the forum (or 8 hours a day in the case of the Tramp a couple of years ago) provides light relief from an otherwise boring day.
:worthy: you have proved once again, despite all the p*ss take you get that your are one of the few highly informed people on the Forum:worthy:

Feelingpink
22nd-January-2006, 10:42 AM
Wacko, you are assuming that all of Andy's info is correct.:whistle:

thewacko
22nd-January-2006, 10:43 AM
Wacko, you are assuming that all of Andy's info is correct.:whistle:

:eek: even I am not that stoopid

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LMC
22nd-January-2006, 12:13 PM
Yes - stop talking so much utter cr@p.
Mortified to think that the above might have been taken to be addressed directly at DJ.

I actually meant that a whole number of us post rubbish (including me), although some more frequently than others - DJ is nowhere near being the worst culprit. Sorry DJ :flower:

Andy McGregor
22nd-January-2006, 01:18 PM
I actually meant that a whole number of us post rubbish (including me), although some more frequently than others - DJ is nowhere near being the worst culprit. Sorry DJ :flower:This post prompted me to look at the number of posts DJ had made. He's posting at an amazing rate and I believe he is probably posting more rubbish per week than any of us. Even if he was posting a lower % of rubbish he's still be its King:worthy:

LMC
22nd-January-2006, 01:21 PM
Ah, but there's rubbish and rubbish.

:non-existent zippy mouth guy: