PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Thread Subscription?

Rhythm King
20th-January-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm confused - easily done I hear you say! At the top of my User CP I have recently been notified of several threads I have apparently subscribed to. These seem to disappear after a bit. I then noticed the list subscriptions button on the left and found I had subscriptions to a number of different threads, all of which I have now deleted.

I haven't consciously subscribed to these threads and although I have posts in the threads that have appeared, there are plenty of other threads I have posted in, which I'm not automatically subscribed to.

I've had a look in the FAQ and tech questions forum but haven't found any answers. Any offers?

R-K:confused:

Tessalicious
20th-January-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm confused - easily done I hear you say! At the top of my User CP I have recently been notified of several threads I have apparently subscribed to. These seem to disappear after a bit. I then noticed the list subscriptions button on the left and found I had subscriptions to a number of different threads, all of which I have now deleted.

I haven't consciously subscribed to these threads and although I have posts in the threads that have appeared, there are plenty of other threads I have posted in, which I'm not automatically subscribed to.

I've had a look in the FAQ and tech questions forum but haven't found any answers. Any offers?

R-K:confused:You probably have the option ticked for any threads you post on to become an automatic subscription. Can't remember how to change this option though, and can't find it in the Subtle Blue skin anywhere - might be easier in Orange though.

Gadget
20th-January-2006, 10:45 PM
Go into your UserCP and select "Edit Options" from the left hand bar - it's in there under the heading Default Thread Subscription Mode

Rhythm King
22nd-January-2006, 12:01 AM
Go into your UserCP and select "Edit Options" from the left hand bar - it's in there under the heading Default Thread Subscription Mode

Thanks Tess and Gadge.

Went into User CP and guess what - I'm not subscribed by default. Also it's not every thread I post on, just some. Weird, huh? Oh well, it's no great shakes.