PDA

View Full Version : Hammersmith "teachers update night", 28th Jan 2006

David Bailey
20th-January-2006, 11:46 AM
I was reminded that there's a horde of Ceroc teachers congegrating on London for the AGM or whatever it is, and that they'd all be at Hammersmith on the 28th.

What's this evening normally like with all these teachers there? Better than normal? Worse? No difference?

El Salsero Gringo
20th-January-2006, 11:47 AM
I was reminded that there's a horde of Ceroc teachers congegrating on London for the AGM or whatever it is, and that they'd all be at Hammersmith on the 28th.

What's this evening normally like with all these teachers there? Better than normal? Worse? No difference?You've never seen a tight-knit clique of hotshots until you've tried Hammersmith on the CTA update weekend.

David Bailey
20th-January-2006, 11:55 AM
You've never seen a tight-knit clique of hotshots until you've tried Hammersmith on the CTA update weekend.
OK, I'm guessing that's one vote for "worse" then - curses, this should have been a poll...

LMC
20th-January-2006, 12:02 PM
You've never seen a tight-knit clique of hotshots until you've tried Hammersmith on the CTA update weekend.
Does that mean we should go "collecting"? Wearing the (in)famous stickers of course :innocent:

Missy D
20th-January-2006, 12:05 PM
So my guess is there will be plenty of hotshots on refusal row that night then:whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-January-2006, 12:09 PM
Does that mean we should go "collecting"? Wearing the (in)famous stickers of course :innocent:It depends. It's the one night a year when all the teachers get to dance with each other, and for fun. It's hardly a surprise that they aren't, unlike almost every other Ceroc event they go to, keen to dance with your average punter.
So my guess is there will be plenty of hotshots on refusal row that night then:whistle:I don't remember being turned down; I do remember feeling like I was invading an alien zone by even getting close enough to ask.

Dizzy
20th-January-2006, 12:12 PM
So my guess is there will be plenty of hotshots on refusal row that night then:whistle:

Forget the 'No' Row, It will feel like the 'Not in this lifetime' row :sick:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-January-2006, 12:13 PM
Forget the 'No' Row, It will feel like the 'Not in this lifetime' row :sick:Hey, don't aticipiate. Go see for yourself.

Dizzy
20th-January-2006, 12:20 PM
Hey, don't aticipiate. Go see for yourself.

I'm not anticipating, I know I will feel way over my head even being in the same room as some of those teachers :worthy:.

LMC
20th-January-2006, 12:22 PM
It depends. It's the one night a year when all the teachers get to dance with each other, and for fun. It's hardly a surprise that they aren't, unlike almost every other Ceroc event they go to, keen to dance with your average punter.I don't remember being turned down; ...
Fair enough - if any group of friends haven't seen each other for ages then they'd want to spend time with each other rather than complete strangers. And most teachers are pretty good about dancing with anybody on class nights/freestyles.

I do remember feeling like I was invading an alien zone by even getting close enough to ask.
That's not so good... if it's the big event of the year for teachers, then aren't there enough of them to have something a bit more exclusive (and obviously not advertised :rolleyes: ) so they might feel a bit more inclined to be inclusive at what is, after all, a public event?

senorita
20th-January-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm not anticipating, I know I will feel way over my head even being in the same room as some of those teachers :worthy:.

over your head.?....Er hmmmm your an excellent dancer!!:) :flower:

David Bailey
20th-January-2006, 12:27 PM
:confused: This, from someone who goes to Monkey Whatsit? Come on, I doubt whether the average level will be much higher than that.

Roughly how many teachers are we talking about anyway? 20? 200?

senorita
20th-January-2006, 12:30 PM
:confused: This, from someone who goes to Monkey Whatsit? Come on, I doubt whether the average level will be much higher than that.

Roughly how many teachers are we talking about anyway? 20? 200?

Monkey whatsit!!?....:rofl: what the hell is that??.. and where is it? :flower:

TheTramp
20th-January-2006, 12:35 PM
Monkey whatsit!!?....:rofl: what the hell is that??.. and where is it? :flower:
Monday Lush I believe that he means! :whistle:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-January-2006, 12:42 PM
That's not so good... if it's the big event of the year for teachers, then aren't there enough of them to have something a bit more exclusive (and obviously not advertised :rolleyes: ) so they might feel a bit more inclined to be inclusive at what is, after all, a public event?Imagine a whole group of forumites attending a party night at a London venue. We all know each other; dance with each other regularly; chat while we're not dancing. Anyone who isn't part of that set is going to notice a group of characters who stand out as a clique. Do *we* make an enormous effort to spread ourselves around the room - ignore our friends - and dance mostly with people we don't know? Of course not. And this is no different.

LMC
20th-January-2006, 01:41 PM
Yes, which is why I said it's fair enough for the teachers to stick together on the one night a year when they all get together.

If I see and am intimidated by a large group of friends at a venue, I assume that's my problem - envy, lack of confidence, whatever. And will make an effort, (telling myelf sternly at the same time to get over myself ***), to actually go and ask one of the guys to dance - usually with a positive result. The forum groups are, I hope, largely the same - i.e. not deliberately exclusive, incomers welcomed if not sought. I certainly make an effort to circulate round the room in between talking to and dancing with the people I know, and I know many others do too.

But for a group to make *you* feel like you're in an alien zone makes me think that they are actively looking unfriendly/giving out "go away" messages to those outside the group - and *that's* the not good bit. Or do you just feel like you're in an alien zone because CTA teachers are, in fact, all aliens? :D

David Bailey
20th-January-2006, 01:44 PM
Or do you just feel like you're in an alien zone because CTA teachers are, in fact, all aliens? :D
Or, possibly ESG is.

El Salsero Gringo
20th-January-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes, which is why I said it's fair enough for the teachers to stick together on the one night a year when they all get together.

If I see and am intimidated by a large group of friends at a venue, I assume that's my problem - envy, lack of confidence, whatever. And will make an effort, (telling myelf sternly at the same time to get over myself ***), to actually go and ask one of the guys to dance - usually with a positive result.I said, I'd never been turned down.

But for a group to make *you* feel like you're in an alien zone makes me think that they are actively looking unfriendly/giving out "go away" messages to those outside the groupThere's nothing special about me, or that group. It's just a normal, human, reaction to a whole group of people who know each other (and who've been working hard together during the day and are out to enjoy themselves.)

LMC
20th-January-2006, 01:57 PM
In which case, comments like this:

taken in conjunction with the alien zone comment are just intended to create a row.

What you've now said is the "reality" sounds perfectly reasonable to me so I don't need to play any more.

Scot
20th-January-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey its been a few years since I have been

But not all teachers hang out at the top of the room I tend to be down the bottom where there is more room and people don't know you are a teacher which is quite nice

Cruella
20th-January-2006, 02:34 PM
I had a fantastic time last year. I didn't get refused once. Why do you think that just because they are Ceroc Teachers they are going to be 'Hotshots' any more so than non teachers? Being a teacher does not make you any more special than any other dancer. There are some good dancers that don't teach and some average dancers that do. Being a teacher just means you can teach not that you are elite! They are still human you know! :devil:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-January-2006, 02:38 PM
In which case, comments like this:

taken in conjunction with the alien zone comment are just intended to create a row.

What you've now said is the "reality" sounds perfectly reasonable to me so I don't need to play any more.I don't see any contradiction between what I said to start with. They are a tight knit clique - and as such I've never found them very approachable en masse. They are also, in comparison with the average dancer at Hammersmith, very much more talented dancers.

I didn't realise this was a game - would someone please explain the rules?

Rhythm King
20th-January-2006, 02:41 PM
I think it's a little unfair to brand all the Ceroc teachers, some of whom are on the Forum, as elitist and clicquey and unlikely to dance outside their own group. For sure they'll be trying out some of their new, updated moves on each other, but in the past I've had some fabulous dances with visiting teachers, that I've known from around the country, and then been passed on to their friends. The teachers from out of town should be treated as guests, and in my experience will usually respond positively when asked to dance. And the chances are, if you've been to any weekenders, you may have met some of them already.

R-K

Cruella
20th-January-2006, 02:46 PM
I think it's a little unfair to brand all the Ceroc teachers, some of whom are on the Forum, as elitist and clicquey and unlikely to dance outside their own group. For sure they'll be trying out some of their new, updated moves on each other, but in the past I've had some fabulous dances with visiting teachers, that I've known from around the country, and then been passed on to their friends. The teachers from out of town should be treated as guests, and in my experience will usually respond positively when asked to dance. And the chances are, if you've been to any weekenders, you may have met some of them already.

R-K
:yeah:

Lee
20th-January-2006, 02:47 PM

R-K

Yer, if everyone stops all the preconceptions and just reports back if they got turned down, we can start a hall of fame. :rolleyes:

Lee

El Salsero Gringo
20th-January-2006, 02:53 PM

R-KSorry, R-K - classic case of reading what you want to read into a post, just so you can argue with it.

Nobody, anwhere, mentioned elitist.

And Nobody said all Ceroc teachers (and not even all the ones who are there, since as Scot points out, they don't have brands on their foreheads.)

On that one night, I wouldn't think twice about CTA members largely dancing among themselves. I certainly wouldn't expect them to go seeking out new people to dance with. It isn't why they are there. And, as I said, I've never been turned down for a dance.

Regardless, my experience is that, as a group, they are quite unapproachable. That is as I have found it in the past. Your experience is obviously different.

LMC
20th-January-2006, 02:57 PM
It was because you used the "H" word ESG :rolleyes: - which was I made the same conclusion that others appear to be making...

David Bailey
20th-January-2006, 03:00 PM
I think it's a little unfair to brand all the Ceroc teachers, some of whom are on the Forum, as elitist and clicquey and unlikely to dance outside their own group.
OK, but we can still brand 90% of them that way, yes? :devil:

Seriously, I'm more interested in whether there's a different atmosphere at Hammersmith because of this influx - is it a better or worse evening? So far, I think we've had one definite vote for "better" and one definite vote for "worse".

Any more?

Bex
20th-January-2006, 03:20 PM
OK, Hammersmith may have a reputation for its 'no row' but I assure you it'll make no difference if a load of CTA Teachers are there for the night.

Yes, this is the one and only time every year that we all get together for a bit of a social and let our hair down for a bit. It's a chance for us to catch up with each other and have a laugh with people we don't see from one year to the next. Trouble is we might have let our hair down a bit too much in the Salutation before hand, so you might not get the best dances out of us!! :sick: However, we are still Ceroc teachers and teach/dance because we love it, so I doubt anyone would get turned down for a dance, even if we are not there in a 'working' capacity.

Hammersmith is always a good and popular night, but I guess it will be busier than normal with approx 80-100 teachers adding to the numbers. Music is always great, especially if Erick the Viking or Annette are around :worthy:

By the way, Ceroc teachers get knocked back for dances too you know! :cool: but we don't complain about it and find someone who would like to dance, simple :D

Russell Saxby
20th-January-2006, 03:30 PM
Trouble is we might have let our hair down a bit too much in the Salutation before hand, so you might not get the best dances out of us!! :sick:

Yep last year I had a good many pints before getting to the venue.... and I intend to do the same this year.. so if I turn you ladies down it could be a blessing :D

By the way, Ceroc teachers get knocked back for dances too you know! :cool: but we don't complain about it and find someone who would like to dance, simple :D

Lee
20th-January-2006, 03:32 PM

:yeah: Yep, simple. I don't take a turn down to heart, does that make me heartless?

senorita
20th-January-2006, 03:37 PM
Yep last year I had a good many pints before getting to the venue.... and I intend to do the same this year.. so if I turn you ladies down it could be a blessing :D

knock you back!!?? :what: ...Are these women crazy??

Dizzy
20th-January-2006, 04:38 PM
knock you back!!?? :what: ...Are these women crazy??

:yeah: :worthy:

ChrisA
20th-January-2006, 05:17 PM
But for a group to make *you* feel ...
How are they doing that, then? With a voodoo doll or something?

The group is not making you feel anything.

You are feeling something, as a result of what you perceive about the group. Which is likely to have nothing to do with what members of the group are actually doing or thinking.

LMC
20th-January-2006, 05:22 PM
ESG is fairly thick skinned, and he was the "you" I was talking about. Your point was made earlier on in that same post of mine:

If I see and am intimidated by a large group of friends at a venue, I assume that's my problem - envy, lack of confidence, whatever. And will make an effort, (telling myelf sternly at the same time to get over myself ***), to actually go and ask one of the guys to dance - usually with a positive result. The forum groups are, I hope, largely the same - i.e. not deliberately exclusive, incomers welcomed if not sought. I certainly make an effort to circulate round the room in between talking to and dancing with the people I know, and I know many others do too.

As I said later, my impression from later posts was that ESG was being deliberately provocative by use of the "hotshot" word. I have no real idea why you felt the need to jump on my post in particular or even that sentence in particular and feel you were quoting me out of context.

ChrisA
20th-January-2006, 05:54 PM
I have no real idea why you felt the need to jump on my post in particular or even that sentence in particular and feel you were quoting me out of context.
I didn't mean you as in, 'you, LMC'.

I meant as in anyone that uses language like this. I was being totally general, and I don't care who the 'you' is because it's irrelevant.

Whether it's ESG going up to someone in a group of CTA teachers, or anyone else going up to someone in some other group.

It isn't the group making the individual feel anything.

I jump on such posts because it just propagates the "oh poor me, they made me feel bad" myth. Except in the rare cases where someone within the group is actually unpleasant to the outsider, these feelings of being on the outside of something when they're on the inside of it do not come from the group. They come from the individual.

LMC
20th-January-2006, 05:57 PM
Except in the rare cases where someone within the group is actually unpleasant to the outsider, these feelings of being on the outside of something when they're on the inside of it do not come from the group. They come from the individual.

Sorry for misunderstanding you - the English language needs a (usable) alternative to "you", one sounds like such a w****r when one uses the word one to refer to people in general :rolleyes:

Lee
20th-January-2006, 05:59 PM
I have no real idea why you felt the need to jump on my post in particular or even that sentence in particular and feel you were quoting me out of context.

That's the problem with email & forums, words & sentences get taken the wrong way by different people, usually when they don't know the writer very well or dislike them (not that i'm suggesting ChrisA hates you, god forbid).

But anyone can make comments on others comments, it is a public forum.

Happy Happy Fluffy Bunnies, it's the weekend!!!!!

Lee

ChrisA
20th-January-2006, 06:13 PM
And, as I said, I've never been turned down for a dance.

Regardless, my experience is that, as a group, they are quite unapproachable. That is as I have found it in the past.
Just out of curiosity...

What actually happened that led you to perceive them as unapproachable, if when you went and asked one of them for a dance, you weren't turned down?

El Salsero Gringo
20th-January-2006, 06:23 PM
Wow. So many points, so little time.

You are feeling something, as a result of what you perceive about the group. Which is likely to have nothing to do with what members of the group are actually doing or thinking.I completely agree. The individual members of the group were doing nothing at all that would make me feel one way or another. The 'issue' was entirely in my own head.

ESG is fairly thick skinned, and he was the "you" I was talking about.I'm not thick-skinned. If anything I'm oversensitive. But I am quite good at recognising my feelings of upset as just that - mine - and not making anyone else responsible for them.
Just out of curiosity...

What actually happened that led you to perceive them as unapproachable, if when you went and asked one of them for a dance, you weren't turned down?Nothing of course. Perceptions of that sort rarely come from any actual event. (Ever been scared to go to the dentist, and realised afterwards that it wasn't that bad after all?) But it would be as dishonest of me to pretend I didn't feel that way as it would be to pretend that someone else was 'to blame'.

EDIT: yes, I see the ambiguity of the words "my experience", some posts ago. It would have been more accurate to say "as I recall", or "I have felt in the past".

David Bailey
20th-January-2006, 08:16 PM
How are they doing that, then? With a voodoo doll or something?
Don't let Kev hear you, you'll give him ideas.

You are feeling something, as a result of what you perceive about the group. Which is likely to have nothing to do with what members of the group are actually doing or thinking.
Absolutely.

The whole "clickiness" thing was explained well the last time we had this debate:
- If you're inside a clique, you have no intention to exclude, it's just a group of friends, so you react angrily to accusations of clique-hood, hotshotism or whatever.
- If you're outside a clique, you keenly feel the "boundary areas", and are more aware of body language and "unapproachability", so you feel excluded.

There's absolutely no right or wrong viewpoint, it's completely subjective, and that's where all the problems lie, trying to reconcile the two different positions, both of which represent genuine viewpoints. And respect to ESG, I think he explained it in those terms first, so credit where it's due.

The only two things I'd say are that:
- if you are in any grouping of greater than, say 3 or 4, I think it's sometimes useful as previously suggested to occasionally split up ("scatter" - there was a good name for this, but I can't remember what it was or who first suggested it?) and find / dance with new people.
- if you are outside that grouping, make the effort to break in, ask someone to dance - they'll say "yes" just as often as other people, and it's worth the effort.

Mary
21st-January-2006, 11:45 PM
I am not a big fan of the Saturday Hammersmith nights for a number of reasons, but I did go there on the last update. It was packed!!!! I went because there were a number of people I wanted to catch up with who happen to be Ceroc teachers.

I am easily intimidated by a whole bunch of good dancers, but I was asked to dance by a teacher I know but not that well. It was very frustrating because he was hardly able to lead anything because we were surrounded by people hurling themselves at us because of bad floorcraft. It almost became embarrassing. It was very clear he was trying to excercise good floorcraft but as a result put us in a virtual straighjacket and I still got bumped and thumped!!!

I fleetingly caught up with one or two 'out-of-town visitors' , including the devine and delicious Franck - who, incidentally IMO, would not know clique if it came and smacked him in the face! BUT I did feel very much like an outsider. These guys (generically speaking) were there to party (after a pretty hefty update session). However, it was me that felt a bit alienated not that this is something that they were doing. I'm sure that all the teachers who were there would be horrified if they thought that that was the effect they were having.

But as someone pointed out earlier we are all human.

I would love to catch up with some of those with guys again, but I don't think Hammersmith is the environment in which to do that.

M

David Bailey
22nd-January-2006, 12:01 AM
These guys (generically speaking) were there to party (after a pretty hefty update session).
What actually happens at an update session? Or is this a big mystery?

I would love to catch up with some of those with guys again, but I don't think Hammersmith is the environment in which to do that.
It sounds like it'd be nicer (for them) to have their own venue to have a party in - more relaxing. Hammersmith must be a bit of a busman's holiday really.

Oh well, I'm a Hater Of Hammersmith anyway, so it's all academic to me really.

Barry Shnikov
22nd-January-2006, 11:35 AM
Just 'cos they won't dance with you...

[edit] oops, joined too late. See this joke has been officially cremated.:sick:

Robin
22nd-January-2006, 11:41 AM
What actually happens at an update session? Or is this a big mystery?
Ermmm ... without trying to sound toooooo condescending , the key word is "update" :innocent: - you know, area meeting with all the managers, new shpiel/sales pitch, targets etc :rofl:

It sounds like it'd be nicer (for them) to have their own venue to have a party in - more relaxing. Hammersmith must be a bit of a busman's holiday really.
You gonna pay for an extra venue somewhere for them ????

Oh well, I'm a Hater Of Hammersmith anyway, so it's all academic to me really

I wonder if there's a technical term for that ? ... maybe we could make up a "not at Hammersmith" move - actually that probably means about 95% of ceroc moves anyway, due to width, height and general lack of space restrictions :rolleyes:

Barry Shnikov
22nd-January-2006, 11:42 AM

Sorry for misunderstanding you - the English language needs a (usable) alternative to "you", one sounds like such a w****r when one uses the word one to refer to people in general :rolleyes:

Well, to be fair LMC he did quote from your post. I think one can be excused for drawing the conclusions one did.

Robin
22nd-January-2006, 11:47 AM
Well, to be fair LMC he did quote from your post. I think one can be excused for drawing the conclusions one did.

one could, could one ?
hehe:rofl: :rofl:

Barry Shnikov
22nd-January-2006, 11:50 AM
I'm sure that all the teachers who were there would be horrified if they thought that that was the effect they were having.
Generally agree. However, the word 'all' is not appropriate. There are - or there used to be - one or two who were distinctly cool to anyone they weren't acquainted with.
No-one is obliged to dance with anyone else. The general rule of always accepting an offer/request of a dance is just one which most of us agree is best practice because it generally reduces the 'cattle market' pressure; that is, if we all agree to always say "yes" then none of us has to think twice about what saying "yes" might mean for this particular 'asker'. (But if that - for some reason I cannot forecast right now - stopped working for me then I'd stop saying "yes".)
The teachers are there to have fun like the rest of us. If they didn't have fun dancing, they'd probably stop teaching and then where would we be?:eek:

CeeCee
22nd-January-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by DJ
Seriously, I'm more interested in whether there's a different atmosphere at Hammersmith because of this influx - is it a better or worse evening? So far, I think we've had one definite vote for "better" and one definite vote for "worse".
the atmosphere was certainly different last year, love the teachers but not the change of atmosphere.

Originally posted by ESG
They are a tight knit clique - and as such I've never found them very approachable en masse. They are also, in comparison with the average dancer at Hammersmith, very much more talented dancers.
Alec is not alone, many people felt the same last year.

Originally posted by Bex
...but I guess it will be busier than normal with approx 80-100 teachers adding to the numbers...

...but I assure you it'll make no difference if a load of CTA Teachers are there for the night...
How can anyone make this assurance?
Numerous discussions have taken place about the influence of The Ten.
Surely it stands to reason that the influx of 80-100 teachers will have a considerable effect on the dynamics of any venue, be it positive or negative.
Some people will enjoy the change of atmosphere unavoidably caused by their presence, some indeed will not.

Originally posted by Mary
but I did go there on the last update. It was packed!!!!Certainly no fun at all and don’t get me started on the parking!

Originally posted by DJ
Oh well, I'm a Hater Of Hammersmith anyway, so it's all academic to me really.
I’m a great fan of Hammersmith, always loved it supported it and look forward to going because I invariably have a great time. If it clashes with another event then I’ve been know to attend both.

However, suffice to say that after my experiences of the equivalent night last year, I won’t be going to Hammersmith on Saturday.

ducasi
22nd-January-2006, 08:18 PM
Oh well, I'm a Hater Of Hammersmith anyway, so it's all academic to me really. Is saying "no" to a venue the equivalent to saying "no" to anyone who goes, and would have asked you to dance if you were there?

Probably not, it was just a thought...

David Bailey
22nd-January-2006, 08:36 PM
area meeting with all the managers, new shpiel/sales pitch, targets etc :rofl:
Blimey... zzzzzzz... huh? What? Sorry, I dozed off there halfway through. :innocent:

No, I just wondered if anyone'd be talking about dancing, move updates, that sort of thing - sounds like not.

You gonna pay for an extra venue somewhere for them ????
Nah, I just thought it'd be a nice gesture for Ceroc HQ to do that rather than piggyback on an existing night - chance to let their hair down a bit more than they could otherwise. As I said, it sounds like a bit of a busman's holiday to me.

Is saying "no" to a venue the equivalent to saying "no" to anyone who goes, and would have asked you to dance if you were there?
:what: I read that three times and still don't understand it... :confused:

But if you're asking, do I refuse to dance with anyone who's ever danced at Hammersmith, then, err, no... I love dancing with CeeCee, she's a fantastic dancer, despite her Hammersmith fetish, which I hope she'll grow out of at some point. :na:

ducasi
23rd-January-2006, 12:15 AM
I read that three times and still don't understand it... Just wondered if people who attend a venue that someone else refuses to go to should take it as a "mass-refusal", and so could understandably feel offended...

Like I said, just an idle though...

David Bailey
23rd-January-2006, 09:19 AM
Just wondered if people who attend a venue that someone else refuses to go to should take it as a "mass-refusal", and so could understandably feel offended...

It took me a while, but I got it! Whew, I was wondering if I was truly that thick for a while there, I can preserve my illusions for a while longer now. :D

To answer your question - I don't think so, saying "I don't fancy going to venue X" is very different from saying "I don't like the people who dance at venue X".

I used to go to Hammersmith semi-regularly up until a few years ago, I found it crowded, hot, difficult to park at, with uninspiring music. The only thing it had going for it was that it was a place to dance Ceroc on a Saturday night - and up until relatively recently, that was fairly rare in the London area.

So, once competitors offering rival weekend evenings sprung up (Ashtons, Cheshunt, Hipsters, etc.), I went to those. Of course, I whinged about those too - hey, it's me - but I preferred them to Hammersmith.

Tastes vary - some people like some places, some people don't. Doesn't mean anything about the dancers, it's like taking offence at someone for saying they don't like Chinese food or something.

ducasi
23rd-January-2006, 10:00 AM
it's like taking offence at someone for saying they don't like Chinese food or something. :eek: :mad: :angry:

:wink:

Little Em
23rd-January-2006, 03:24 PM
:flower: I dont turn anyone down for a dance unless im absolutely dying on my feet, or am needing a drink!!! teacher or not... ithink that the above are reasonable requests for sayig no to a dance. :eek:

for me the update is a chance for me to dance with people who i only see on this day... once a year!

im a nice, friendly person, (a few people on this forum will agree im sure! :wink: ) an no... i dont smile constantly, an yes i do refuse a dance if im shattered, but it doesn mean im stuck up - or a hotshot or whatever....

as cruella said.. not all teachers are good dancers but they are a teacher because they can teach...

:flower: please dont brand us all the same.... some of us are quite lovely if you look hard enough:flower: :flower:

Danielle
23rd-January-2006, 03:44 PM
For those of you who don't know Em - she's not just saying this she does always dance with everyone and has a smile on her face. :flower: To be honest I find most teachers do - In fact I've only ever been turned down by one teacher! ever!!! (been turned down by plenty of other people mind you! :blush: ) It amazes me how people are so quick to moan - especially as this event hasn't even taken place yet :eek: :eek:

:flower: I dont turn anyone down for a dance unless im absolutely dying on my feet, or am needing a drink!!! teacher or not... ithink that the above are reasonable requests for sayig no to a dance. :eek:

for me the update is a chance for me to dance with people who i only see on this day... once a year!

im a nice, friendly person, (a few people on this forum will agree im sure! :wink: ) an no... i dont smile constantly, an yes i do refuse a dance if im shattered, but it doesn mean im stuck up - or a hotshot or whatever....

as cruella said.. not all teachers are good dancers but they are a teacher because they can teach...

:flower: please dont brand us all the same.... some of us are quite lovely if you look hard enough:flower: :flower:

Paul F
23rd-January-2006, 05:00 PM

In my case you may have to look REAL hard :rofl:

:flower:

Cruella
23rd-January-2006, 05:43 PM
In my case you may have to look REAL hard :rofl:

:flower:
Thats right, cos you never dance with us mere mortals do you Paul. :rolleyes: :flower:

Paul F
23rd-January-2006, 06:00 PM
Thats right, cos you never dance with us mere mortals do you Paul. :rolleyes: :flower:

How dare you :really:

*insert witty comeback line here*

El Salsero Gringo
23rd-January-2006, 06:13 PM
It amazes me how people are so quick to moan - especially as this event hasn't even taken place yet :eek: :eek:No one is actually moaning (except the people who are complaining about the non-existent moaning...), and as this event takes place once per year (and I've been there at at least three of them) I think it's fair enough to comment.

David Bailey
23rd-January-2006, 07:37 PM
No one is actually moaning (except the people who are complaining about the non-existent moaning...), and as this event takes place once per year (and I've been there at at least three of them) I think it's fair enough to comment.
Oh go on, have a moan, you know you want to... :devil:

Based on most of the posters' feedback, it does sound like it'll be at least a different atmosphere - some say better, some say worse. I think the only thing I can discern is that it'll probably be 100 people more crowded. :sick:

"Munich" looks good at the moment :whistle:

Mary
24th-January-2006, 12:57 AM
I think Jag Jive is on on the 28th!!!!

Perhaps this should be the 'alternative' venue.

As well as Chiswick for some great blues of course. Have not been but have heard the whole workshop and evening thing is great.

M

cerocmetro
24th-January-2006, 02:07 AM
Hi All
Well I go back to NZ on Tuesday but grudgingly will be at Hammy on saturday.

I think it will be an aweful night and would recommend that at least 150 people stay away. :whistle:

The music is usually sooo bad there:whistle:

The standard of dancing especially this saturday is going to be rubbish. :whistle:

please please stay away:whistle:

I heard the bar will be stut all night, the parking prices are being trebled, the floor is having a layer of glue spread over it and the teachers have all been ordered not to dance with anyone else. In fact I understand that in the best interests of the non clique individuals, the front half of the room will be fenced off (barbed I hope) and only holders of the CTTA will be permitted in.

Again please stay away from hammersmith and let the few sad people who have to be there just do what they have to do.

Oh and to answer a question about what goes on at the update, I will spill the beans;

We learn how to avoid dancing with average and poor dancers. We get financial advice on how to invest all the millions of pounds we make from teaching, how to deal with the press and general media issues. How to pull vulnerable members of the public and of course how to use up as much dance floor as possible so as to not let anyone look better.

Now having said all that, I will of course be protesting and will try and get as many dances as possible with you lovely people. I will of course have to be in disguise so don't be alarmed if when anyone complains I did not dance with them I will point out that you did you just did not realise it. Remember I was the one you said was a brilliant dancer, better than all those show off teachers and it was a crime that I was not a teacher. :tears:

Adam

If anyone is wondering what the point of this post is, :confused:

TheTramp
24th-January-2006, 02:32 AM
If anyone is wondering what the point of this post is, :confused:

Yeah. Cos I heard that you were only going cos you heard that Lisa was too!! :whistle:

ChrisA
24th-January-2006, 10:16 AM
Oh and to answer a question about what goes on at the update, I will spill the beans;

Yeah, like this is spilling the beans... we knew all this stuff already.

Still, have some rep... :D

cerocmetro
24th-January-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah. Cos I heard that you were only going cos you heard that Lisa was too!! :whistle:

Is Lisa going:whistle:

Lisa is a terrible dancer, when I last saw her she was rough, needed a bath, couldn't spin and generally just embarrasing. Stay away from her lads leave this one to me.

I will do my saintly duties and dance with her all night to save anyone from suffering.

:sad:
Adam

Barry Shnikov
24th-January-2006, 02:18 PM
Lisa is a terrible dancer, when I last saw her she was rough, needed a bath, couldn't spin and generally just embarrasing. Stay away from her lads leave this one to me.
Better hope she's not very accurate with a stiletto heel as well...

cerocmetro
24th-January-2006, 02:22 PM
Better hope she's not very accurate with a stiletto
heel as well...

she wears stilettos?:drool:

sorry I mean, typical anything to try and give herself a chance. No I still believe my purpose in life is protect innocent male dancers from people like this. I will battle on and protect you all. :whistle:

(how high were the heels?)

TheTramp
24th-January-2006, 02:35 PM
You're so thoughtful Adam. And so kind!! :worthy:

cerocmetro
24th-January-2006, 02:42 PM
You're so thoughtful Adam. And so kind!! :worthy:

The word saint springs to mind, but in truth Trampy I care about my fellow dancers, Hammersmith is going to be bad enough on saturday. STAY AWAY, PLEEEASE. I have now heard that several other females who believe the men would want to dance with them are going so I am sooo going to have my work cut out keeping the customers safe by keeping these unmentionables occupied.

Lisa
24th-January-2006, 05:57 PM
Is Lisa going:whistle:

I will do my saintly duties and dance with her all night to save anyone from suffering.

:sad:
Adam

You got that right. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lovely surprise -I hadn't realised you'd be there Adam, it'll be great to dance with you saint! :flower:

3inch heels but I'll keep them on my feet ;)

Lisa xx

Cruella
24th-January-2006, 06:00 PM
You got that right. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lovely surprise -I hadn't realised you'd be there Adam, it'll be great to dance with you saint! :flower:

3inch heels but I'll keep them on my feet ;)

Lisa xx
Oh but Lisa, you've promised to dance with me! You can't let Adam hog you all night. :tears:

Robin
24th-January-2006, 06:06 PM
The word saint springs to mind, but in truth Trampy I care about my fellow dancers, Hammersmith is going to be bad enough on saturday. STAY AWAY, PLEEEASE. I have now heard that several other females who believe the men would want to dance with them are going so I am sooo going to have my work cut out keeping the customers safe by keeping these unmentionables occupied.

Sorry to disappoint you Adam, but we've got you done as babysitting this weekend so you'll just have to leave the saintly duties to someone else !:na:

cerocmetro
24th-January-2006, 06:07 PM
Oh but Lisa, you've promised to dance with me! You can't let Adam hog you all night. :tears:

how about a threesome :whistle::hug: :grin:

cerocmetro
24th-January-2006, 06:10 PM
Sorry to disappoint you Adam, but we've got you done as babysitting this weekend so you'll just have to leave the saintly duties to someone else !:na:

Oh yes forgot, sorry can't make Hammy.
:rofl: :rofl:

Like that is even funny:eek:

Lisa I will be there even if I have to climb mountains, swim oceans or fly from the other side of the world.

Wait a minute that is what I did to get there:whistle:

Cruella
24th-January-2006, 06:10 PM
Aah, but all three have to be equally 'up for it' :D

cerocmetro
24th-January-2006, 06:13 PM
Aah, but all three have to be equally 'up for it' :D

I am equally up for it :flower:

ChrisA
24th-January-2006, 07:45 PM
Lisa's presence is among the few things that might persuade me to head over to Hammersmith.... :worthy:

Cruella
24th-January-2006, 07:50 PM
Lisa's presence is among the few things that might persuade me to head over to Hammersmith.... :worthy:
Chris A at Hammersmith!! That i'll believe when i see it.:flower:

ChrisA
24th-January-2006, 07:52 PM
Chris A at Hammersmith!! That i'll believe when i see it.:flower:
Well I did say "might" :innocent:

Otherwise I might have to wait till the BFG to get another dance. Unless she's planning to be at Blackpool?

Cruella
24th-January-2006, 08:01 PM

Otherwise I might have to wait till the BFG to get another dance. Unless she's planning to be at Blackpool?
You could come to my Polar Freezestyle (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7461&highlight=polar) Chris she'll be at that!! (Thanks for the opportunity for a plug):flower:

ChrisA
24th-January-2006, 08:04 PM
You could come to my Polar Freezestyle (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7461&highlight=polar) Chris she'll be at that!! (Thanks for the opportunity for a plug):flower:
I'll think about it... but I might just have to see if she's still any good first. Otherwise it would be a wasted drive, doncha see... :innocent: :wink:

Cruella
24th-January-2006, 08:08 PM
I'll think about it... but I might just have to see if she's still any good first. Otherwise it would be a wasted drive, doncha see... :innocent: :wink:
Humph, not sure all us other females that are going would take that as much of a compliment! :rofl:

ChrisA
24th-January-2006, 08:15 PM
Humph, not sure all us other females that are going would take that as much of a compliment! :rofl:
Isn't the idea of me going to Hammersmith at all enough of a clue not to take me too seriously on this thread? :devil:

Barry Shnikov
24th-January-2006, 09:46 PM
Lisa I will be there even if I have to climb mountains, swim oceans or fly from the other side of the world.

Wait a minute that is what I did to get there:whistle:

We're all agog. Which mountains and oceans was that, anyway?

ChrisA
24th-January-2006, 10:16 PM
We're all agog. Which mountains and oceans was that, anyway?
Tut, tut. He said "or", not "and".

You're losing your touch, Bazza.

Barry Shnikov
24th-January-2006, 10:39 PM
For those wot is inter'stid, I can now confirm that I will be attending Hammersmith this Saturday.

I thang yow.

Barry Shnikov
24th-January-2006, 10:40 PM
Tut, tut. He said "or", not "and".

You're losing your touch, Bazza.

Curse you, Red Baron!

Lisa
25th-January-2006, 09:46 AM

Yes, I'm definitely going to get my dance with you Di. Make sure you leave Chiswick on time. :hug:

Shocking! :eek: Take It Upstairs right now! Di is very experienced at leading the threesomes- Ask Little Em and Sheena!
Adam-I'm so looking forward to getting my dance fix!

Lisa xx

Lisa
25th-January-2006, 10:03 AM

ChrisA- looking forward to dancing with you again 2. I can't guarantee I'll be dancing well but can guarantee it'll be fun.:flower:

I'm heading to Storm :clap: with Paul so I won't be at Blackpool - wish I could be there to support friends that are competing. Even my Mum was talking about going to Blackpool without me last night!!! If I could be in two places at once I would be.

See you and Jayne at Hammy on Sat I hope! :hug:

Lisa xx

Lisa
25th-January-2006, 10:05 AM
For those wot is inter'stid, I can now confirm that I will be attending Hammersmith this Saturday.

I thang yow.
Save a dance for me please
Lisa xx

senorita
25th-January-2006, 12:36 PM

Will you save a dance for a rif raf??:innocent:

ChrisA
25th-January-2006, 12:41 PM
Will you save a dance for a rif raf??:innocent:
Who did you have in mind? :innocent:

senorita
25th-January-2006, 12:44 PM
Who did you have in mind? :innocent:

me :blush:

Cruella
25th-January-2006, 01:51 PM
me :blush:
and me too if i'm worthy:na:

Cruella
25th-January-2006, 01:53 PM
Shocking! :eek: Take It Upstairs right now! Di is very experienced at leading the threesomes- Ask Little Em and Sheena!

I like being the dominant one!:innocent:

senorita
25th-January-2006, 05:16 PM
and me too if i'm worthy:na:

But your not rif raf....your a special & wicked dancer :flower:

Barry Shnikov
25th-January-2006, 08:27 PM
Lisa xx

I am humbled ;) - and, of course, your obedient servant my lady.

Cruella
25th-January-2006, 08:38 PM
Can you save me a dance too Barry.:flower: Although i have absolutely no idea what you look like :rolleyes: I'm sure someone will point you out to me.

Barry Shnikov
26th-January-2006, 09:47 AM
Can you save me a dance too Barry.:flower: Although i have absolutely no idea what you look like :rolleyes: I'm sure someone will point you out to me.

Bien sûr.

I have checked out your fizzog on the pictures thread. Should I be looking out for a tall or short woman? (I take it that the dog-fur coat will be in the cloak-room rather than on your back, otherwise I could just look for dalmatian markings...)

Cruella
26th-January-2006, 01:33 PM
Bien sûr.

I have checked out your fizzog on the pictures thread. Should I be looking out for a tall or short woman? (I take it that the dog-fur coat will be in the cloak-room rather than on your back, otherwise I could just look for dalmatian markings...)
5ft6. My hair is the give away :rolleyes: unless i'm wearing one of my many hats that is. I had one of the puppies made into a bag, so if you see a dalmation bag i won't be far away!

Barry Shnikov
26th-January-2006, 02:34 PM
I had one of the puppies made into a bag

Good work, fella!! Complete with wet nose and big eyes?

cerocmetro
26th-January-2006, 04:00 PM
Lisa xx

Now this is exactly what I was trying to avoid.
Lisa how is the rash?

Please gentlemen, Lisa is not very well, she has been let out of the assylum just for the weekend.

I WILL protect all you innocent men on saturday by keeping Lisa busy. This is a purely non selfish jesture on my part and a way to protect the future income of Ceroc London by keeping their customers safe.

Lisa I trust you are able to dance again albeit very very slowly. Has the muscle spasm that causes you to crush you partners hand got any better?

Adam

Tazmanian Devil
26th-January-2006, 06:18 PM
I am coming. Woo hoo just been arranged. Cannot wait. :clap: :clap:

DavidY
26th-January-2006, 07:10 PM
Woo hoo just been arranged.Can you arrange some woo hoo for me too, please?:innocent:

Tazmanian Devil
26th-January-2006, 07:13 PM
Can you arrange some woo hoo for me too, please?:innocent:
I certainly can :devil:

WittyBird
26th-January-2006, 07:15 PM
Now this is exactly what I was trying to avoid.
Lisa how is the rash that I gave you last time we danced?

Please gentlemen, Lisa is not very well, and it's all down to the way I danced with her last time.

I WILL protect all you innocent men on saturday by not turning up and letting you keep Lisa busy.
I will continue to do my court jester act outside and see it as a way to protect the future income of Ceroc London by keeping their customers safe from me.

Lisa I trust you are able to dance again but just not with me anymore. Has the muscle spasm that causes you to crush you partners hand when you see my face got any better?

Adam

How nice of you, shame you can't make it now :rolleyes:

cerocmetro
26th-January-2006, 07:50 PM
How nice of you, shame you can't make it now :rolleyes:

:eek: oooh you tease

cerocmetro
26th-January-2006, 07:54 PM
by the way, does anyone know who is DJ'ing

WittyBird
26th-January-2006, 08:04 PM
:eek: oooh you tease

Absolutely - just getting myself prepared for Dee's birthday tonite :rofl:

Lisa
27th-January-2006, 10:03 AM
Please gentlemen, Lisa is not very well, she has been let out of the assylum just for the weekend.

I WILL protect all you innocent men on saturday by keeping Lisa busy. This is a purely non selfish jesture on my part and a way to protect the future income of Ceroc London by keeping their customers safe.

Adam

Sad news. My weekend pass has been withdrawn. My doctor is worried about your corrupting influence and is concerned you might lead me in the wrong direction! :eek:

Lory
27th-January-2006, 10:04 AM
I've got 'other' things to do on Saturday :nice: which is just as well, cos i'd be in the queue for a dance with Lisa too! :devil:

Lisa
27th-January-2006, 10:09 AM
Lory you'd be in no Q as I believe in "ladies first" I look forward to seeing and dancing with you again soon :kiss:
Lisa xx

David Franklin
27th-January-2006, 01:47 PM
Lory you'd be in no Q...
Lisa xxAt first glance I thought "no Q" was another name for refusal row! :rofl:

Lisa
27th-January-2006, 02:29 PM
Well it's all very tongue in cheek as I've never had a Q in my life! Quite the opposite - I usually have to drag males or females onto the floor to get dances!

I have been turned down a lot at hammersmith myself or had the "walk right past look I didn't see you" from folk but 'eck my life's too short to worry about it.

Lisa x

Groovy Dancer
27th-January-2006, 02:35 PM
Sad news. My weekend pass has been withdrawn. My doctor is worried about your corrupting influence and is concerned you might lead me in the wrong direction! :eek:

yeeeeaaaahhhhh!!!:whistle: :devil: :devil: :blush:
:innocent:

Lisa
27th-January-2006, 02:36 PM
Cheeky beggar :hug: U going?

Lisa x

Groovy Dancer
27th-January-2006, 02:37 PM
Cheeky beggar :hug: U going?

Lisa x
you know it!!:D :drool: