PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to La Pineda in May

Sheppy
18th-January-2006, 10:38 PM
Having really enjoyed the last Jive Addiction Holiday in La Pineda last October I've just booked on the next one in May. Who else is going?

Northants Girly
19th-January-2006, 02:56 PM
Pack your woolies Kev

http://uk.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/climatology/daily/SPXX0183?climoMonth=5

brrrrrrrrrrrrrr :devil:

Sheppy
19th-January-2006, 03:55 PM
Hey I'm going to dance not sunbathe :waycool:
and its bound to be warmer than it was in October :wink:

senorita
19th-January-2006, 04:25 PM
Having really enjoyed the last Jive Addiction Holiday in La Pineda last October I've just booked on the next one in May. Who else is going?

was thinking of going,.. but spoken to a lovely forumite lastnight and she told me you will be dancing on a marble floor, so I told my knees and joints...that we are not going..

Lynn
19th-January-2006, 07:05 PM
I was there last May so thought some feedback would be helpful - I had a fab time and would go back.

Weather - OK there was some rain one afternoon (but they put music on and you could dance if you wanted) but apart from that it was warm and sunny the rest of the week, we spent afternoons either walking by the sea or having a swim in the pool then lounging by the side in the sun (though I was sensible and stayed in the shade/covered up in the hottest part of the day :waycool: ). Bikinis and sun cream were required!

Floor - yes its a tiled floor, not wood, but I didn't notice too much of a problem dancing on it. I would say that most similar holidays would have the same sort of floor anyway.

Lynn
21st-March-2006, 11:41 PM
I was there last May ...I had a fab time and would go back.Going again this year! :clap: :waycool:

Now two really difficult decisions lie ahead, and I will take the time to ponder these in the weeks between now and departure...

...which dance shoes and which bikinis do I pack?:rolleyes:

Northants Girly
21st-March-2006, 11:45 PM
...which dance shoes and which bikinis do I pack?:rolleyes:Well dance shoes DO take up abit of room . . . .

but bikinis?? Just pack em all :grin:

Does anyone know anywhere where I can get a wooly bikini? :devil:

Lynn
21st-March-2006, 11:50 PM
Well dance shoes DO take up abit of room . . . .

but bikinis?? Just pack em all :grin: True, there isn't too much material...:innocent:

Does anyone know anywhere where I can get a wooly bikini? :devil::rofl: But what would happen when you went in the pool wearing it?! :really: :devil:

Northants Girly
22nd-March-2006, 11:02 AM
But what would happen when you went in the pool wearing it?! :really: :devil:Guess it might shrink :eek:

under par
10th-May-2006, 01:37 PM
Mrs Par and I can't make May but are booked up for October event at La Pineda.

Really looking forward to it.:D :D :D

All those going in May hope you have a fab time and great weather. :cheers: :cheers: :yeah:

stewart38
10th-May-2006, 07:12 PM
Mrs Par and I can't make May but are booked up for October event at La Pineda.

Really looking forward to it.:D :D :D

All those going in May hope you have a fab time and great weather. :cheers: :cheers: :yeah:

Ive decided to go in May

Going be about 90f but when dancing about 70f :grin:

stewart38
23rd-May-2006, 12:29 AM
How to ruin a decent photo

For me its get in the middle of it :sad:

Rhythm King
23rd-May-2006, 12:47 AM
Well, introduce your friends...:respect:

under par
23rd-May-2006, 06:36 AM
How to ruin a decent photo

For me its get in the middle of it :sad:

Come on spill the beans! Whose your friends?

Cruella
23rd-May-2006, 12:54 PM
Especially the 2 on the right of the pictures! :rolleyes:

I can make a sexist remark like that cos i'm a female. :D

BeccaB
23rd-May-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey,

Second time around i'll put the post on the right Spain forum! (thanks Northants!)
It was a fantastic holiday, the sun was better it's such a shame that we had to come back to so much rain! :sad:
The salsa dancers were really something at the bar, did everyone catch them?

BeccaB x

stewart38
24th-May-2006, 12:14 AM

Its rian or Rhian from Wales now in York and the blonde girl is the lovely Lynsey, if you dance up York way your see them. Non forumites :sad:

Not sure if this is WB in disguise it was a tame affair? :whistle:

stewart38
24th-May-2006, 12:21 AM
Are John and Wes giving any discounts for September Southport :whistle:

What a lovely Hotel it was you must book for October :grin:

stewart38
24th-May-2006, 12:27 AM
If you cant get a decent picture of a couple dancing suggest you take a picture when there is a 'break' in the Music

Sheppy
24th-May-2006, 12:44 AM
Not sure if this is WB in disguise it was a tame affair? :whistle:

and boy could she dance without the pole... :D

Lory
27th-May-2006, 11:30 AM
What a lovely Hotel it was you must book for October :grin:
The hotel looks lovely Stewart :waycool:

Northants Girly
31st-May-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah Stewart the photos are really good :respect:
I'm sure there's some you've forgotten about though . . . . . for instance that one I saw you and your friend take of yourselves on the coach? :whistle:

The hotel was really nice Lory. The food was good and all meals were included. We had a freestyle every night (except the last night when we went to a Latin dance club). And to to make you all really jealous we were lucky enough to have Marc on the decks :D

Each day there was a lesson at 11 am and then another late in the afternoon. I didn't do many of these (I just put my feet up for most of the week - no surprise there!) But on the first 2 days we also had some salsa lessons by a some local salsa teachers. The couple spoke very little English so the lessons were quite entertaining but also very good. They gave us a couple of demos too and they were absolutely fantastic :worthy:

I hardly took any pics all holiday. I just ate, drank and danced. I didn't get much sleep so once home I felt like I'd done 3 Southport weekenders in a row :sick:

If I had more annual leave then I'd probably go back again. It's a lovely hotel, good food, good company and great dancing. But I've now got my eye on Jive Addiction's Gran Caneria holiday in December . . . . . :yum:

stewart38
31st-May-2006, 08:07 PM
The hotel looks lovely Stewart :waycool:

These were from the agents books :whistle:

stewart38
31st-May-2006, 08:12 PM
Yeah Stewart the photos are really good :respect:
I'm sure there's some you've forgotten about though . . . . . for instance that one I saw you and your friend take of yourselves on the coach? :whistle:

The hotel was really nice Lory. The food was good and all meals were included. We had a freestyle every night (except the last night when we went to a Latin dance club). And to to make you all really jealous we were lucky enough to have Marc on the decks :D

Each day there was a lesson at 11 am and then another late in the afternoon. I didn't do many of these (I just put my feet up for most of the week - no surprise there!) But on the first 2 days we also had some salsa lessons by a some local salsa teachers. The couple spoke very little English so the lessons were quite entertaining but also very good. They gave us a couple of demos too and they were absolutely fantastic :worthy:

I hardly took any pics all holiday. I just ate, drank and danced. I didn't get much sleep so once home I felt like I'd done 3 Southport weekenders in a row :sick:

If I had more annual leave then I'd probably go back again. It's a lovely hotel, good food, good company and great dancing. But I've now got my eye on Jive Addiction's Gran Caneria holiday in December . . . . . :yum:

If they sort the marble floor out so you dont keep slipping :mad: and tweak a few other things agree with all the above apart from Salsa teachers :sad:

I think people would be bored with any more holiday snaps :whistle:

Northants Girly
1st-June-2006, 10:15 AM
These were from the agents books :whistle:In alot of resorts you do get some building work going on. But I didn't see this while I was there. There may have been some letters blown off the main hotel sign over the winter but the inside of the hotel was immaculate. Our room looked like it had been freshly painted and there wasn't a single mark on the walls. The cleaning lady did a great job considering we are not the tidiest of folk and still cleaned the room even when some days we slept in till almost lunchtime :)
This was the view from our balcony:

stewart38
1st-June-2006, 10:34 AM
In alot of resorts you do get some building work going on. But I didn't see this while I was there. There may have been some letters blown off the main hotel sign over the winter but the inside of the hotel was immaculate. Our room looked like it had been freshly painted and there wasn't a single mark on the walls. The cleaning lady did a great job considering we are not the tidiest of folk and still cleaned the room even when some days we slept in till almost lunchtime :)
This was the view from our balcony:

The hotel was lovely :grin:

stewart38
1st-June-2006, 10:41 AM
View from my balcony and other parts of the Hotel , it was stong stuff I was smoking :grin:

robd
1st-June-2006, 10:47 AM
Does anyone know anywhere where I can get a wooly bikini? :devil:

Ask SheepMan :groan: