View Full Version : Fri,Sat,Sun 20,21,22 Jan 06

tiger
15th-January-2006, 04:26 PM
Who's going where?

Missy D
15th-January-2006, 04:36 PM
Who's going where?

I will be going to Ashtons:clap: :clap: :clap:

There will be no tone lowering there this time as the Foxy one is not going to grace up with his presence.:sad:

dee
15th-January-2006, 06:58 PM
I will be going to Ashtons:clap: :clap: :clap:

Me too :clap:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-January-2006, 08:04 PM
Me too :clap:
Me Three :clap: :kiss: :hug:

WittyBird
15th-January-2006, 08:06 PM
Me Three :clap: :kiss: :hug:

Not for me I'm afraid. I have decided to become a hermit and stay home now forever :innocent:

Tazmanian Devil
15th-January-2006, 08:10 PM
Not for me I'm afraid. I have decided to become a hermit and stay home now forever :innocent:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That is the funniest thing Ihave heard all day
:rofl: :rofl:

Jenni
15th-January-2006, 10:11 PM

Needed a laugh :rofl:

Jenni
15th-January-2006, 10:12 PM
Route 66 on Fri in Edinburgh :clap:

LMC
15th-January-2006, 10:14 PM
Oh, I didn't know you'd moved!

*sends 'Congratulations on your new home' card to Ashtons*

Mary
15th-January-2006, 11:59 PM
DEFINATELY FL for me and Tone on Friday, then resting/recuperating from FL on Saturday evening. Then work on Sunday:tears: :sad:

M

Tiggerbabe
16th-January-2006, 04:12 AM
Caribbean for me, Franck, Sassy 1 and Claire S :D

Dance Demon
16th-January-2006, 06:56 AM

Me Too.........:D

David Bailey
16th-January-2006, 08:52 AM
Caribbean for me, Franck, Sassy 1 and Claire S :D
Good option - where's that in the poll? :innocent:

Paul F
16th-January-2006, 10:27 AM
I think I will be heading up to Oxford on the 21st for Coralies MJ and WCS freestyle.

Apparently Marc is DJing the MJ in the main hall with Sheepman DJing the WCS in the second hall :worthy:
Cat and Lee are also doing a cabaret.

I have been to the Rover club once before. The floor is FAST! but thats the way I like it :nice:

azande
16th-January-2006, 10:29 AM
Me too!

Simon r
16th-January-2006, 10:40 AM
I think I will be heading up to Oxford on the 21st for Coralies MJ and WCS freestyle.

Apparently Marc is DJing the MJ in the main hall with Sheepman DJing the WCS in the second hall :worthy:

I have been to the Rover club once before. The floor is FAST! but thats the way I like it :nice:

Sound good been there once myself and loved the floor as well ...

Is Victoria going as well if so will drag nicole with me

Paul F
16th-January-2006, 12:03 PM
Sound good been there once myself and loved the floor as well ...

Is Victoria going as well if so will drag nicole with me

Yep Vic will be coming with me.
Hope you and Nicole can make it too. :cheers:

With that DJ line-up it should be a good night :clap:

ducasi
16th-January-2006, 12:07 PM
Hope to make it there too. :)

senorita
16th-January-2006, 02:46 PM

Hmmm this sounds tempting....:)
cant vote as not on the poll :innocent:

Paul F
16th-January-2006, 02:51 PM
Hmmm this sounds tempting....:)
cant vote as not on the poll :innocent:

I think it must be a case of it not being advertised too well.
The places I looked didnt list it. The only place I found it was on the jiveplus website (www.jiveplus.com). Couldnt see it anywhere else.

senorita
16th-January-2006, 02:53 PM
The places I looked didnt list it. The only place I found it was on the jiveplus website (www.jiveplus.com). Couldnt see it anywhere else.

thankyou :worthy:

foxylady
16th-January-2006, 03:35 PM

Funky lush on the friday too ??

Paul F
16th-January-2006, 03:39 PM
Funky lush on the friday too ??

Definately. Missed the last one. Definately not missing this one :clap:

Cruella
16th-January-2006, 04:58 PM
According to the poll so far, Andreas and ChrisA are going to have a great but exhausting night. 6 women each! Have they the stamina or do they need some more men to come and help? :wink:

Minnie M
16th-January-2006, 07:31 PM
:tears: it is on my web site :whistle: and has been there for about 3 weeks now

Paul F
16th-January-2006, 07:34 PM
:tears: it is on my web site :whistle: and has been there for about 3 weeks now

Sorry Minnie :blush: I must have missed it when i looked.

Paul F
17th-January-2006, 10:19 AM
Well, I voted but I could only choose 1 so went with FL (of course) on the Friday.
Looking forward to Oxford too.

Icey
17th-January-2006, 02:39 PM
The Friday night decision is between Ashtons and FL. I won't be back in London until almost 11pm but I'll be dancing by midnight :D

Saturday is Amersham for me.

stewart38
17th-January-2006, 04:33 PM

I see there is a waaayaybird (something like that). you rest your old legs

Taken your crown no doubt :whistle:

WittyBird
17th-January-2006, 04:34 PM
I see there is a waaayaybird (something like that). you rest your old legs

Taken your crown no doubt :whistle:

Yeah whatever S38 :rofl:

stewart38
17th-January-2006, 05:55 PM
Saturday is Amersham for me.

according to the poll Im on my own :sad:

spindr
18th-January-2006, 01:42 PM
according to the poll Im on my own :sad:
Well, Whitchurch on Friday with the Jive Aces isn't even listed ;)
SpinDr

Msfab
18th-January-2006, 02:31 PM
SpinDr

Looks like it will be just you and the Jive Aces at whitchurch then!:whistle:

Sheepman
18th-January-2006, 03:19 PM
I tried to vote for Funky Lush on Friday, as well as Oxford on Saturday, but I think someone got the poll options a teensy bit wrong! :whistle:

Of course it's going to be all work and no play for me this weekend! :wink:

Greg

Trousers
18th-January-2006, 03:28 PM
SpinDr
Sounds like the only option for the midlanders for Friday.
I'll need to take some Piriton for my Banana aversion though.

And then Stockport Saturday. That one also never gets a mention in here and is always a cracking night.

Rebecca
18th-January-2006, 03:31 PM
I tried to vote for Funky Lush on Friday, as well as Oxford on Saturday, but I think someone got the poll options a teensy bit wrong! :whistle:

Of course it's going to be all work and no play for me this weekend! :wink:

Greg

I was hoping to be at both too, but I might have to restrict myself to Friday night (non-dancing stuff). If you get any play-time can I mark your card Greg?

Looking forward to seeing all you Funky Luscious people again :clap:

Paul F
18th-January-2006, 04:24 PM
And then Stockport Saturday. That one also never gets a mention in here and is always a cracking night.

I usually enjoy myself too when I go to Stockport. I think its just a case of the NW being HUGELY under-represented in here :)

Rhythm King
19th-January-2006, 01:13 PM
Well I originally clicked "on the fence and in pain", due to knee/back etc, but thanks to a fairy godmother/guardian angel my plans have changed and I shall be at Funky Lush :clap:

See you there (but be gentle with me :blush: )

R-K :flower:

Msfab
19th-January-2006, 01:29 PM
Well I originally clicked "on the fence and in pain", due to knee/back etc, but thanks to a fairy godmother/guardian angel my plans have changed and I shall be at Funky Lush :clap:

See you there (but be gentle with me :blush: )

R-K :flower:

I think its more you should be gentle with your dance partners!

TheTramp
19th-January-2006, 01:33 PM
I think its more you should be gentle with your dance partners!

I thought that he was. He's always been gentle with me :flower:

Msfab
19th-January-2006, 01:35 PM

I am being singled out then RK?:tears:

Lynn
19th-January-2006, 02:16 PM
I put not dancing, but I am actually going to my first Tango class this Fri* :clap:
Though I'll probably be walking rather than actually dancing...

*TTD** achieved Sir!. My work here is done.

**Tango Thread Diversion

Rhythm King
19th-January-2006, 02:24 PM
I am being singled out then RK?:tears:

I'm beginning to think I am :eek: I try to adapt my leading style to match my partner - you know, I think I feel a "hair lead" coming on :devil:

senorita
19th-January-2006, 02:38 PM

Thats NOT what you told me :rolleyes: :D

Msfab
19th-January-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm beginning to think I am :eek: I try to adapt my leading style to match my partner - you know, I think I feel a "hair lead" coming on :devil:

You just try mister and see what happens!:angry:

You do know Jealousy wont get you anywhere!

TheTramp
19th-January-2006, 02:57 PM
Fibber!!! :na:

Rhythm King
19th-January-2006, 03:04 PM

Cheeky! :really: You watch your maraccas young lady, or you'll be getting your castanets in a twist the next time I see you :devil:

Sheepman
19th-January-2006, 03:06 PM
If you get any play-time can I mark your card Greg? Sounds good to me, maybe I can squeeze in a little playtime on Friday!

Greg

senorita
19th-January-2006, 04:02 PM
Cheeky! :really: You watch your maraccas young lady, or you'll be getting your castanets in a twist the next time I see you :devil:

yeah yeah promises promises :D looking forward to that RK :wink: :flower:

senorita
19th-January-2006, 04:03 PM
Fibber!!! :na:

Er hmmmmm :rolleyes: :innocent:

Cruella
19th-January-2006, 06:08 PM
I'll have tickets for 'The Polar Freezestyle' with me at Funky Lush on Friday for anyone that wants one. :flower:

Zebra Woman
20th-January-2006, 01:49 PM
Anyone know what time Funky Lush finishes tonight?

Paul F
20th-January-2006, 02:11 PM
Anyone know what time Funky Lush finishes tonight?

1am tonight.

I had planned on getting there at 8 and trying to do the full 5 hours. Not sure I am going to last that long though.

Looking forward to it :clap:

Msfab
20th-January-2006, 02:27 PM
1am tonight.

I had planned on getting there at 8 and trying to do the full 5 hours. Not sure I am going to last that long though.

Just make sure you have rest every once in a while and im sure you'll make it through to 1am!
Oh and a supply of chocolates always helps keep the energy levels up!

Cruella
20th-January-2006, 02:36 PM
1am tonight.

These youngsters! No stamina you know.:devil:

Dizzy
20th-January-2006, 02:52 PM

:rofl: :worthy:

See you at 8 then Di :clap:

Paul F
20th-January-2006, 02:54 PM

I'll have you know I've got a 30 minute drive ahead of me to get there. That's going to tire me out somewhat.

:blush:

Msfab
20th-January-2006, 02:59 PM
I'll have you know I've got a 30 minute drive ahead of me to get there. That's going to tire me out somewhat.

:blush:

Dont mean to depress you more, but Id add at least another 15 min to the 30 min drive to southall. Southall doesnt quieten down until after about 10pm.

Dizzy
20th-January-2006, 03:01 PM
Dont mean to depress you more, but Id add at least another 15 min to the 30 min drive to southall. Southall doesnt quieten down until after about 10pm.

:yeah: , especially on a friday evening!!

LMC
20th-January-2006, 04:49 PM
Evening in for me Friday

a) I have zero cash and no means of getting any until my new bank card arrives, no petrol and no food, so the emergency stash is spoken for.

and b) my back is playing up again today :tears:

Zebra Woman
20th-January-2006, 04:50 PM
On the subject of the drive...

I am going to attempt a cunning route through the back streets to Southall tonight, avoiding The Broadway and South Rd congestion.

The plan is:

A312 continue south ( past the usual A4020 'The Broadway' exit ),
Left at the next roundabout into Hayes rd, Western rd, Havelock rd
L into Merrick rd.

Will report back

If there is a flaw in my plan please tell me now!

ZW

LMC
20th-January-2006, 05:08 PM
If you haven't already, try plugging the route into AA to check there's no naughty one-ways in there? - you can add "via" boxes to 'force' the router to plan using those streets if possible. I know there are a couple of rat run roads round there that are one way, because I inadvertently found them t'other weekend :blush:

Dizzy
20th-January-2006, 05:24 PM
If you haven't already, try plugging the route into AA to check there's no naughty one-ways in there? - you can add "via" boxes to 'force' the router to plan using those streets if possible. I know there are a couple of rat run roads round there that are one way, because I inadvertently found them t'other weekend :blush:

:yeah:
and I got caught in the Bus Lane down South Road the last FL :tears:. I didn't know it was a Bus lane so watch out everyone :flower:.

Paul F
20th-January-2006, 05:24 PM

I am going to attempt a cunning route through the back streets to Southall tonight, avoiding The Broadway and South Rd congestion.

The plan is:

L into Merrick rd.

Will report back

ZW

Im going to have a go avoiding the crush by deviating west of the venue. If your going south to avoid it I will be interested to know how it goes for next time.

Im going M4 -> Hayes Road -> Brent Road / The Straight / The Crescent -> South Road -> Merrick Road *phew*

My theory is that Brent Road seems to have no feeder roads north of it so ,hopefully, will be flowing.

For the best route planner I have found so far try

http://uk.map24.com
It powers a lot of the others.

Cruella
20th-January-2006, 05:41 PM
:rofl: :worthy:

See you at 8 then Di :clap:
:clap: After my 2 hour journey (cough cough Paul F).:whistle: Bringing Little Em down with us too! After taking her to Jango a few weeks ago i think she's now realised what she's been missing.:wink:

Paul F
20th-January-2006, 05:43 PM
:clap: After my 2 hour journey (cough cough Paul F).:whistle:

Thats the only reason I mentioned it. :nice:

Well, you did say I have no stamina :blush:

Minnie M
20th-January-2006, 05:48 PM
:yeah: , especially on a friday evening!!
Oh dear, I am now wondering if I should go ..... it took long enough to get there for Sunday afternoon, travelling from Brighton on a Friday and through Southall traffic ............. hmmm... I hate heavy traffic, especially when it is a long journey anyway :sad: :(

Cruella
20th-January-2006, 05:54 PM
Oh dear, I am now wondering if I should go ..... it took long enough to get there for Sunday afternoon, travelling from Brighton on a Friday and through Southall traffic ............. hmmm... I hate heavy traffic, especially when it is a long journey anyway :sad: :(
It's the last mile or so along the high street that was the problem. so in comparson to the rest of the journey for you and us, it's not that major. So are you bringing your friend christopher :D I'm sure he'd be good company for you on the journey, i'm obviously only thinking of you Lynda.:whistle:

Msfab
20th-January-2006, 05:56 PM

It will all be worth it in the end Minnie!:clap:

fletch
20th-January-2006, 06:07 PM
If I was out it would be Hyde, Manchester, its a fab venue with two rooms main room for modern and a blues room, also you get FREE ice cream.:drool: Chris makes you feel very welcome:flower:

Its not allways grim up north:D

Minnie M
20th-January-2006, 06:26 PM
It's the last mile or so along the high street that was the problem. so in comparson to the rest of the journey for you and us, it's not that major. So are you bringing your friend christopher :D I'm sure he'd be good company for you on the journey, i'm obviously only thinking of you Lynda.:whistle:

No Christopher tonight :sad: was coming up with Dangerous Curves, who is very good company, but I still hate very slow traffic. That last mile took over half an hour on the Sunday - so that plus the M23/M25 would mean at least a 2 hour journey and I am feeling really tired, had a busy day at work today

PLUS I am still waiting for Pat Cash (the guy doing my kitchen also a friend of Andy McG) to finish the work the painting (this has been going on since Oct 2005 and has only got the ceiling left to do now)- he promised he would be here at 4pm :whistle:

Trousers
21st-January-2006, 01:14 PM
If I was out it would be Hyde, Manchester, its a fab venue with two rooms main room for modern and a blues room, also you get FREE ice cream.:drool: Chris makes you feel very welcome:flower:

Its not allways grim up north:D

The Ice Cream was good but attendance was lower than the Saturday niters they do there :tears:
And the Blues room maybe a Saturday nite thing too.

Who's going to Stockport tonite then?

Sorry you can't Fletch m'dear. :flower:
But any other Forumites?

Tazmanian Devil
21st-January-2006, 01:50 PM
Astons WOW what a night had loads of fab dances :worthy: Too many people to mention. Although M :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:
:blush: Just sorry i didn't get to dance with Missy D, Dee, Icey and the lovely Tessalicious.
Was such a good night I fell asleep with my coat on when I got home :what: :rofl:

Cruella
21st-January-2006, 02:19 PM

The plan is:

L into Merrick rd.

Will report back

ZW
This was a good route, we had no holdups at all. :clap: Had a good night at Funky lush. Although the numbers were lower than previous FLs the quality was as high. Amir certainly made alot of ladies very happy by turning up for a nights dancing. Thanks to all the guys i danced with, Riaz i'm going to watch and learn :wink: Geordieed those last couple of dances were absolutely :drool: i couldn't of had a better end to the night.:flower:
Oh and Silverfox take the watch off next time! :rolleyes:

Tazmanian Devil
21st-January-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh and Silverfox take the watch off next time! :rolleyes:
Was he clock watching then? As he turned up at Ashtons last night too :clap:

Cruella
21st-January-2006, 02:32 PM
Was he clock watching then? As he turned up at Ashtons last night too :clap:
Yes he was, :rolleyes: we did threaten to tie him up so he couldn't escape, but decided that he really wouldn't be much use then so he may as well go and satisfy his other ladies. :flower:

Dizzy
21st-January-2006, 04:19 PM
Had a good night at Funky lush. Although the numbers were lower than previous FLs the quality was as high. Amir certainly made alot of ladies very happy by turning up for a nights dancing.

:yeah:

Had a fab night dancing last night. Everybody I danced with were fab :worthy: and even though there were fewer men, it gave me a chance to watch people like Amir and Chef dancing to perfection :worthy:.

I was sorry to leave a bit early but I had a slight incident with my knee :tears:.

WittyBird
21st-January-2006, 10:32 PM
Well, I had a fab time at Ashtons last night, apart from a few gripes that I spoke to Icey, MissyD and Dee about it was super!!

Great dances with Latin Lover, GD, CL, ESG and Mr Darcy oh and TD!!
and the rest I just can't name everyone. Didn't get a dance with the beautiful Tessalicious tho :tears: Nor SF - b'stard. :rofl:
Come to think of it didn't get one with Mike nor Ray for that matter :non existant gutted smiley:

It was a good night. Funny watching GD and LL dance :really:

I really wasn't on form so I apologise for being poo :mad:

CeeCee
21st-January-2006, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Tasmanian Devil
Astons WOW what a night had loads of fab dances
I had a super night too, my evening of dancing started at the Casbah where I had lots of fun, followed by a great time at Ashtons, so many people and so little time.

However, at some point during the night I was on the Forum Candid Camera.
Have pity on me because I guess it was my punishment for something, which I said on another thread...

Originally posted by myself
Perhaps we could just ban all variations of the problematical pretzel, the abysmal archie and the tiresome tunnel, now that’s genuinely advanced.
I couldn't believe it, I was subjected to no less than eleven (yes eleven) archies all during one dance! I’m guessing he’d just been on a workshop because he did left handed, right handed, clockwise and anti-clockwise, I really don’t wish to know how many variations there are.

Originally posted by The Tramp
Oh. I quite like some variations of the pretzel. And I like the archie moves too. Guess I'm not that advanced after all
(Do quite agree about tunnel moves though!!)
Fair comment Steve and ‘never say never’ I am open minded and happy to admit that it depends who with, where, when and how…

But come on guys, even if it is your favourite move, is it reasonable to do 11 archies in one dance?

LMC
22nd-January-2006, 02:14 AM
Amersham Sat 21 January

A good night, not too busy. A good set from Joe - some tracks I didn't like, but that's the way it goes when get a lovely varied set, which we did tonight.

The bar in the Polish club was horribly smoky, as always :( - but jugs of water were available so you can avoid the bar if you stick with eau de tap.

Only one complaint - the 8 pm fun lesson started 40 minutes late. There was a good reason for that, which was that there weren't enough people - I turned up at 8.20 and there were only about 4 people there :what: . Only 6 couples did the lesson, there were more people watching. Since the freestyle ends at 12 midnight, such a late running lesson leaves only 3 hours or less of freestyle. If there aren't enough people to run the lesson then bin it.

Good evening, shame it couldn't go on a bit longer.

stewart38
22nd-January-2006, 02:37 AM
Only one complaint - the 8 pm fun lesson started 40 minutes late. There was a good reason for that, which was that there weren't enough people - I turned up at 8.20 and there were only about 4 people there :what: . Only 6 couples did the lesson, there were more people watching. Since the freestyle ends at 12 midnight, such a late running lesson leaves only 3 hours or less of freestyle. If there aren't enough people to run the lesson then bin it.

Good evening, shame it couldn't go on a bit longer.

I dont know why they still do them cut way into free style and people just turn up later and later,very few take part in the lessons :sad:

Very well organised Tea cakes and coffee queue

Just no signposts for the ceroc venue posted on the M6 :sad:

A few odd tracks but you get use to that

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-January-2006, 11:31 AM
Yes he was, :rolleyes: we did threaten to tie him up so he couldn't escape, but decided that he really wouldn't be much use then so he may as well go and satisfy his other ladies. :flower:
And that he did :wink: :drool:

Tazmanian Devil
22nd-January-2006, 11:36 AM
Great dances with Latin Lover, GD, CL, ESG and Mr Darcy oh and TD!!
and the rest I just can't name everyone.
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Didn't get a dance with the beautiful Tessalicious tho :tears:
:tears: :tears: Me neither :tears: :tears:

Nor SF - b'stard. :rofl:
Come to think of it didn't get one with Mike nor Ray for that matter :non existant gutted smiley:
I did, :na: :na: :na: :rofl: :rofl:

I really wasn't on form so I apologise for being poo :mad:
Poo :confused: You :confused: Oh non no no :flower: You were fab darling as always :kiss: :hug:

Missy D
22nd-January-2006, 12:19 PM
I had a great time at Ashtons! Had some lovely dances with Ray (at least 20 in all). Had 6 fab dances with Mike (the nice one from Leighton Buzzsard). Oh and I had me some fox tail:drool: Straight to number one:drool:

Was lovely to dance and meet up with the lovely forumites (too many too mention). Didnt get to dance with Tess, ESG, or TD:tears:

Shame about the gravity problem around SF. Me and Dees keys just kept dropping at his feet.:innocent: Must have been some thing to do with those zips on his trousers:rofl:

robd
22nd-January-2006, 02:02 PM
But come on guys, even if it is your favourite move, is it reasonable to do 11 archies in one dance?

Not really. If you've gone that far, why stop one short of a dozen :wink:

dee
22nd-January-2006, 03:55 PM
I had a really great night on friday! Had some lovely dances with ESG, LL The Long one, Mr Darcy, the lovely mike from Leighton and i finally got a dance with Ray :worthy: oh and i was worthy of a dance with the no row himself "Barry" :worthy:
I also had me some fox tail :drool: and as for those zips SF :innocent: shame i never got a dance but hope you save me a birthday dance on thursday :flower: Was lovely to see some of the forumites, as for Icey and My Darcy, you make a lovely couple :hug: nice to see you both happy.

Icey
22nd-January-2006, 04:13 PM
I've had a great time so far this weekend. I'm very proud of the turnaround time I managed from to get off a flight from Germany at 10:30pm and arriving at Ashtons by 11.55pm so that I could be first in line for a birthday kiss from Mr Darcy :D