PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot and Blue

azande
14th-January-2006, 02:26 PM
A big thank you to Dance Demon for organizing another fantastic night!

:clap: :clap:

Loved the music and had great dances!!

Look forward to the next one in March. :cheers:
Are you going to be there? :wink:

ducasi
14th-January-2006, 02:56 PM
Are you going to be there? :wink: Hope so. :wink:

I'm sorry I didn't make it there last night, but maybe by March the planets will have come into alignment, or something...

Took me 4 or 5 months to get to Route 66 – which reminds me, when is the next one of them? Maybe the planets can move a bit faster...

Aleks
14th-January-2006, 05:05 PM
Next R66 is Friday 20th.

Red Hot & Blue was fantastic. Such a lovely cosy venue. Can't wait until March for the next one!

Jive Brummie
14th-January-2006, 05:21 PM
A big thank you to Dance Demon for organizing another fantastic night!

:clap: :clap:

Loved the music and had great dances!!

Look forward to the next one in March. :cheers:
Are you going to be there? :wink:

Good to hear the Demon was on form yet again...he never fails does he. Can't wait to have a boogie to some of those fantastic tracks later on John. See you at MM's.:clap:

j.

Dance Demon
14th-January-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the nice comments guys. Just like to say a big thanks to Denise for standing in for Irene last night :hug: :hug: . I don't think she would have coped last night given the circumstances.( Friday 13th...bah :mad: ) Also ta to Jenni for being her usual helpful self at the end of the night:hug: ...It is a nice cosy venue, and is just perfect for a blues night. Glad you all had a good time, and I'm looking forward to the next one in March.....meanwhile, I'll see some of you in Dundee tonight at Mama Mortons I hope:D

Jenni
15th-January-2006, 02:04 PM
Fab night as always!

Music :drool: , people are a great bunch and a relaxed, social atmosphere - what more could u ask for.

Looking forward to the next one - pity its not till March :tears:

Jenni :flower:

Wendy
15th-January-2006, 02:59 PM
:tears: :tears: :tears: Bet it was fab !!!

but then again I'll be going to Route 66 on Friday !!!!

:D :D :D

Wxxx

Jive Brummie
15th-January-2006, 03:08 PM
Have to echo what's been said about John and Red Hot & Blue, but this time about Mama Mortons.

Now I know we're all well aware of how brilliant a DJ John is, but honestly, last nights set was fantastic. The Demon played so much new stuff I'd never heard before and so came as no surprise that everyone couldn't help it but stay on the floor all night.

It was an excellent night. Well done to the organisers and the Dance Demon for making it so!

Looking forward to hearing your best again at Scarborough Mr Demon:clap:

j.

Little Monkey
15th-January-2006, 05:26 PM
Now I know we're all well aware of how brilliant a DJ John is, but honestly, last nights set was fantastic. The Demon played so much new stuff I'd never heard before and so came as no surprise that everyone couldn't help it but stay on the floor all night.
:yeah:
Fab night! The music was absolutely great, with a few tracks that were completely new to me, including that naughty one!:wink: :devil:

Just such a shame I really wasn't on form ( blame the drugs!:wink: ), and my apologies to the men whohad to put up with some of my worse dances.....:blush: Had a great time, though, and it was so nice to catch up with a lot of people I've not seen for at least a month!

Paul F
17th-January-2006, 11:03 AM
Looking forward to hearing your best again at Scarborough Mr Demon:clap:

j.

Looking forward to Scarborough even more now :cheers:

killingtime
17th-January-2006, 11:13 AM
It was a fab night. I posted some of my thoughts in my blog (http://wayofthedance.blogspot.com/2006/01/red-hot-and-blue-number-2.html) (yep; I'm one of those).

Good job Dance Demon :clap: :clap:.

azande
5th-April-2006, 11:05 AM
So, who's going to be there this Friday?

tattie
5th-April-2006, 11:09 AM
I'll be there :clap: Loved the last one - can't wait till Friday!

killingtime
5th-April-2006, 11:22 AM
Yep :clap:. It was on my calendar ages ago (http://upcoming.org/event/62512/).

drathzel
5th-April-2006, 11:36 AM
So, who's going to be there this Friday?
not me!:sad: but maybe soon!

Aleks
5th-April-2006, 11:47 AM
It's so close I can walk there....
and I think I shall cos last month I took the car and ended up with a ticket!

ducasi
5th-April-2006, 02:26 PM
I'll be there if I can get a lift home, or an offer of a bed for the night.

Anyone? :flower:

Dance Demon
5th-April-2006, 04:59 PM
It's so close I can walk there....
and I think I shall cos last month I took the car and ended up with a ticket!

Tsk...blimmin traffic wardens:mad: ......For anyone coming along by car, there are a limited number of parking spaces in the car park at the rear of the Claremont, enter by Broughton Road. the stairs up from the car park lead right into the function suite. If you cant get into the car park, there is usually more chance of finding an on street spot in the Broughton Road area. if you find a space in the East Claremont Street/bellevue area enter the hotel by the front entrance on Claremont Cres. and go down the stairs to the venue. look forward to seeing you all there...:cheers:

Bill
5th-April-2006, 08:14 PM
look forward to seeing you all there...:cheers:

And finally Fran and I will make it so look forward to a fabby night ( to quote the young lady !!) and seeing folk we haven't met for a while.

See you there :grin: :cheers:

Dance Demon
6th-April-2006, 05:40 PM
And finally Fran and I will make it so look forward to a fabby night ( to quote the young lady !!) and seeing folk we haven't met for a while.

See you there :grin: :cheers:

:clap: :clap: ..that should keep everyone happy..........just form an orderly queue girls:D

Dance Demon
8th-April-2006, 04:01 PM
Big thanks to everyone who came along last night. Was probably the best night we've had so far. What a shame it was the last night in this venue. owner decided that it was not viable due to poor bar sales, so back to the drawing board folks. I've not been sitting on my hands though, and have already looked at various alternatives. I'm convinced the right place is out there...I've just got to find it. i'll keep y'all informed:cheers:

ducasi
8th-April-2006, 04:31 PM
Finally made it to Red Hot and Blue last night...

I'm really glad I made the effort, I had a really great time... :clap:

Thanks to John and Irene and everyone who was there... :cheers:

Here's my blog posting (http://ducasi.org/blog/2006/04/08/red-hot-and-blue/) about the night, if you're interested in reading all my trivial thoughts...

The Passion Harem
9th-April-2006, 01:25 PM
Big thank you DD for another outstanding RH&B. A fantastic mix of music that I could play with from Blues to Argentine Tango peppered with a Ballroom Rumba or two....truly the best DJ with the widest taste and selection of music.

Indeed the floor was busy at times however some of my best expressive dances are when my partners are so close to me I can feel the music through their heart beats. I always seem to have these rare dances when you play John, thank you.