PDA

View Full Version : The Polar Freezestyle. Feb 18th

Cruella
14th-January-2006, 11:12 AM
I know this is a blatant plug, but as it's for Macmillan Cancer Relief, i'm hoping to be forgiven :flower:

CJ
16th-January-2006, 05:38 PM
Cruella,

Count me in for 2 tickets. (@ door price, not advance, obviously!!:wink: )

PM me where to send cheque??

Cruella
16th-January-2006, 06:04 PM
I have an amendment to the Flyer.
Not only have we got Marc and Toby DJing :worthy: but Greg (Sheepman) will also be doing a set.:clap: So that's 3, yes 3 top DJ's. :D

Lisa
16th-January-2006, 07:53 PM
Di,

Well done on getting the event organised! I've also managed to persuade Scottish Laura to come join the party.

Looking forward to it!
:kiss:
Lisa x

Cruella
16th-January-2006, 08:52 PM
Di,

Well done on getting the event organised! I've also managed to persuade Scottish Laura to come join the party.

Looking forward to it!
:kiss:
Lisa x
:clap: Will be lovely to see you both.:hug:
CJ don't forget the leather kilt.:wink:

Divissima
17th-January-2006, 10:39 PM
CJ don't forget the leather kilt.:wink::yeah: Put me down for a coupla dances :wink: :hug:

ji vep
18th-January-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi Di

Great charity and will definately be there @ Daventry to support it. Might bring "Jack" along:rofl:

Jive P:waycool:

Cruella
19th-January-2006, 01:34 PM
Hi Di

Great charity and will definately be there @ Daventry to support it. Might bring "Jack" along:rofl:

Jive P:waycool:
I'll bring 'Comfort' to keep him company!! :wink:

Cruella
20th-January-2006, 12:36 AM
For anyone that wants tickets for this, i'll have them with me at Funky Lush on friday and Jango monday (oops sorry, Monkey Lush):D

Sheepman
20th-January-2006, 11:48 AM
CJ don't forget the leather kilt.:wink: No, please don't forget it, I'd rather see you in it than out of it! :eek:

Greg

Cruella
21st-January-2006, 05:59 PM
No, please don't forget it, I'd rather see you in it than out of it! :eek:

Greg
I wonder if he's still got his hairy boxer shorts underneath!
http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=173438&highlight=hairy#173438

fletch
21st-January-2006, 07:10 PM
We are at a wekender in Gloucester (unfortunately):tears:

I'm sure it will be a success:clap:

Cruella
22nd-January-2006, 11:17 PM
If anyone is interested in finding out a bit more about The Polar Challenge check out the website. http://www.polar-challenge.com Take a look at the ice brake drill video (lots of cold men in their underpants)
Heres a few photos from last weeks training in Austria it was -20.:eek:

jacksondonut
31st-January-2006, 01:58 PM
Am hoping to get to this... Is anyone going from the Milton Keynes area?? Or close by?? :flower: :flower:

Not 100 per cent sure if I can, but if so, anyone want to share a ride??

Looks like it could be a great night out.!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Zebra Woman
31st-January-2006, 05:39 PM
Am hoping to get to this... Is anyone going from the Milton Keynes area?? Or close by?? :flower: :flower:

Not 100 per cent sure if I can, but if so, anyone want to share a ride??

Looks like it could be a great night out.!!

:yeah: My 3 fave DJs all in one room :clap: it should be a super fab night.

Sadly I will miss it:sad:

I will be freeze-styling somewhere else....

...in Andorra...with skis on.:D

ZW

stewart38
31st-January-2006, 05:52 PM
:yeah: My 3 fave DJs all in one room :clap: it should be a super fab night.

Sadly I will miss it:sad:

I will be freeze-styling somewhere else....

...in Andorra...with skis on.:D

ZW

I will be in Moscow ,freezing no doubt but without skis

Dance Demon
31st-January-2006, 06:10 PM
`

See!!....Stewart38=Crazy Russian......I knew it:wink: :D

Cruella
1st-February-2006, 01:33 PM
Perhaps we should have the air conditioning on really really cold to give it the authentic Polar feel and everyone could wear fur.

DianaS
2nd-February-2006, 11:27 AM
Hi Diane I'd like a couppla tickets can you PM me your address and I'll post you a check!
Best wishes
Diana

Cruella
5th-February-2006, 11:03 AM
For those who want them, i'll have tickets with me at Ashtons today.:flower:

robd
6th-February-2006, 12:36 PM
I'll be there, hoping the ladies are feeling charitable :nice:

jacksondonut
6th-February-2006, 12:41 PM
Hi Rob,

Linda and I will be coming along too, it will be lovely to see you.:flower:

Janx

robd
6th-February-2006, 12:42 PM
Hi Rob,

Linda and I will be coming along too, it will be lovely to see you.:flower:

Janx

All I can say is

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tessalicious
6th-February-2006, 12:46 PM
Apparently we're coming too - it's not often I get let out away from London in that direction so I'm looking forward to it!

Hopefully I can have a dance with all you Midlanders I don't know very well - and a chance to finally re-meet (is that a word?) robd. :cheers:

robd
6th-February-2006, 12:48 PM
Apparently we're coming too - it's not often I get let out away from London in that direction so I'm looking forward to it!

Hopefully I can have a dance with all you Midlanders I don't know very well - and a chance to finally re-meet (is that a word?) robd. :cheers:

With a sense of deja-vu all I can say is

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jacksondonut
6th-February-2006, 12:58 PM
All I can say is

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Ahhhh how nice.. see you there, and hope to meet you too Tessalicious!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Dance Demon
8th-February-2006, 12:27 PM
Was hoping to try & get down to this event, but can't make it now unfortunately:tears: ....hope all goes well Cruella, and you make loads of dosh for a great cause.....:worthy:

DianaS
8th-February-2006, 01:01 PM

Hey We'll meet at last shall we bring our dresses and we can try them on and decide what we want to swap?
D

Tessalicious
8th-February-2006, 01:15 PM
...swap-shop stuff...Oooooh definitely! I'll bring a selection of things I'm debating over, and you can have a muse over what takes your fancy!

Cruella
8th-February-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey We'll meet at last shall we bring our dresses and we can try them on and decide what we want to swap?
D
Mmm, could use this for part of the fundraising. You could both try the dresses on in public and i could sell tickets! :wink:

DianaS
8th-February-2006, 01:47 PM
Mmm, could use this for part of the fundraising. You could both try the dresses on in public and i could sell tickets! :wink:
Or we could auction dances!!!

Wonder what SilverFox would go for!:whistle:

Tessalicious
8th-February-2006, 02:19 PM
You could both try the dresses on in public and i could sell tickets!:what: Do we get to change in private, or is that part of the show?

Cruella
8th-February-2006, 02:20 PM
:what: Do we get to change in private, or is that part of the show?
That is the show!!

robd
8th-February-2006, 05:10 PM

That's a good idea - could make a bit of extra dosh.

Cruella - Is there any other fundraising on the night (i.e do I need to bring the wallet along?????)

Tessalicious
8th-February-2006, 05:19 PM
That is the show!!Sounds like trips to the gym and La Senza are in order :o .

Cruella
8th-February-2006, 06:18 PM
That's a good idea - could make a bit of extra dosh.

Cruella - Is there any other fundraising on the night (i.e do I need to bring the wallet along?????)
The dance auction was an idea i'd already had, but i first need to find a few people willing to be donated. I've got a couple already, working on some others. :wink:

Cruella
9th-February-2006, 04:09 PM
The dance auction is organised :clap: I have found 5 (+2 more to confirm) willing victims oops i mean volunteers. They are all young, gorgeous and they all have reputations for being fantastic dancers.:worthy: I'm not saying who they are, you'll have to wait and see on the night. Trust me you won't be disappointed.:wink:
This is how it will work.

There will be 5 tickets for each of these dancers.

Each ticket will entitle the bearer to a dance with the named person.

To win one of these tickets you place a bid at the door with the staff on the desk.

The highest 5 bids will get the tickets and a special dance with the person they have bid for.

We will stop taking bids at about 10.pm and announce the winning names and they can come and collect their tickets and pay their donations.

I'm starting to feel like a pimp!!

Sparkles
9th-February-2006, 04:41 PM
You're starting to sound a bit like one too :rofl:

I hope one of the people being auctioned is your good self...? :flower:

Cruella
9th-February-2006, 04:51 PM
You're starting to sound a bit like one too :rofl:

I hope one of the people being auctioned is your good self...? :flower:

No, i don't want to cause disappointment.:blush: These are all far superior in their youth, looks and dancing ability than i could ever be.
I'll just stick to the pimping.:D

jacksondonut
9th-February-2006, 04:51 PM
This is now starting to sound more and more interesting....

Looks like a fun night for us all. I am really looking forward to it.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Jan
:cheers:

LMC
9th-February-2006, 04:58 PM
I'll just stick to the pimping.:D
When asking for things for a good cause, never have any shame :D

Cruella
9th-February-2006, 05:04 PM
When asking for things for a good cause, never have any shame :D
I won't :wink:
It does restore your faith in human kindness though when arranging something like this, so many people have donated their time, help and other stuff (including their bodies). I'm going to have a lot of big thank you's to give at the end of it all. :hug: :flower: :kiss:

LMC
9th-February-2006, 05:17 PM
Including you, setting it all up :)

Still not sure whether I'm going to be able to make it sorry, hoping to!

DianaS
9th-February-2006, 11:56 PM
Hmmm just so Look as your not going on the peep show idea I'm cool!

DianaS
10th-February-2006, 12:00 AM

Wonder what SilverFox would go for!:whistle:
Oh Dear I've got NEGATIVE REP FROM XXXXXXX FOR THIS !!!!

If any one makes a reasonable donation to Cruellas cause I'll post the comment
Then run for cover!!:devil:

I also got Positive rep but it was unsigned :)

Cruella
12th-February-2006, 07:43 PM
Oh Dear I've got NEGATIVE REP FROM XXXXXXX FOR THIS !!!!

If any one makes a reasonable donation to Cruellas cause I'll post the comment
Then run for cover!!:devil:

I also got Positive rep but it was unsigned :)
So how much is a reasonable donation? I've just had a gorgeous scot donate £20.:flower:

El Salsero Gringo
12th-February-2006, 10:23 PM

Hopefully I can have a dance with all you Midlanders I don't know very well - and a chance to finally re-meet (is that a word?) robd. :cheers:Oh my god, you never told me it was in the Midlands! that's bloody miles away!!!!

Cruella
13th-February-2006, 10:12 AM
Oh my god, you never told me it was in the Midlands! that's bloody miles away!!!!
:rofl: Didn't we have this conversation on Saturday :D No it's not as far as Leeds:rolleyes: It's not that bad, i do the journey every weekend to come and dance with you lovely people and it's so worth it.:flower:

under par
13th-February-2006, 04:47 PM

I'm sure I could organise on for you:whistle:

Hey!:clap: :clap: :clap: Mrs Par and I have just completed multiple duty swap which means we are on our way to Daventry on Saturday night too.:cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So Can I have front row seats for the dress swapping show please:drool:

PS Is there any insider dealing going on with the dance auction??

Look forward to seeing you all there.:flower:

DianaS
13th-February-2006, 05:05 PM
Oh my god, you never told me it was in the Midlands! that's bloody miles away!!!!

Gringos heard that girls wil be stripping and has got the willies!
Your such a scaredy cat Gringo
Despite rumour to the contrary we treat our men very gently
And I will personally look after you
So whats the ISSUE:angry:

Cruella
14th-February-2006, 09:03 PM
Will we be able to spot the real Wittybird on saturday? Hee hee (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=203805&highlight=as+a+polar#post203805)

WittyBird
15th-February-2006, 01:43 AM
Will we be able to spot the real Wittybird on saturday? Hee hee (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?p=203805&highlight=as+a+polar#post203805)

Oh your good :rofl: But just you wait, one will be laughing on the other side of ones face soon :whistle:

senorita
15th-February-2006, 10:01 AM

:rofl: :rofl:
Please take lots of pictures....wanna see what witty looks like :rofl:
Cant wait to hear all about it!! :grin: :rofl:
Sorry witty...love you really :grin: :flower:

Cruella
15th-February-2006, 12:47 PM
For people that haven't already bought tickets and would like to reserve at the lower price, you need to PM, or ring me before Saturday morning. I should be at Kettering on thursday and Ashtons on friday if you wish to buy tickets then. :flower:

WittyBird
15th-February-2006, 01:32 PM
Oh your good :rofl: But just you wait, one will be laughing on the other side of ones face soon :whistle:

Need Help please people. I can't tell you on here what it is but if anyone would like to help please PM me and I will go through the details :rofl:

Cruella... Be afraid, be very afraid :whistle:

Cruella
15th-February-2006, 01:44 PM
Need Help please people. I can't tell you on here what it is but if anyone would like to help please PM me and I will go through the details :rofl:

:sick:

spindr
15th-February-2006, 02:01 PM
WB, sorry but it looks like the Basingstoke pet shops have run out of dalmations -- do you want me to try Newbury for you -- how many more do you need?

SpinDr

WittyBird
15th-February-2006, 05:07 PM
WB, sorry but it looks like the Basingstoke pet shops have run out of dalmations -- do you want me to try Newbury for you -- how many more do you need?

Just a dozen more should be good ta :whistle:

fletch
16th-February-2006, 06:10 PM
Di,
Have a FAB time i'm just sorry I can't be there:sad: will hopefully be dancing with the lovely Nico pictured with Wittybird:drool:

You neaver know I may be driving down to you :what:

give it plenty off welly Gal and I hope you raise loads :flower:

Groovy Dancer
17th-February-2006, 02:57 PM
The dance auction was an idea i'd already had, but i first need to find a few people willing to be donated. I've got a couple already, working on some others. :wink:

So who's being offered up??:whistle: :D

Cruella
17th-February-2006, 03:09 PM
So who's being offered up??:whistle: :D
Not telling :devil: Their photos will be on a poster at the front desk, so people can start bidding as soon as they arrive.:flower:

robd
17th-February-2006, 03:55 PM
Not telling :devil: Their photos will be on a poster at the front desk, so people can start bidding as soon as they arrive.:flower:

Where did you get my picture from :wink:

I could be the booby prize.

Cruella
17th-February-2006, 04:39 PM
Where did you get my picture from :wink:

I think it was a centrefold one from Garderners Weekly.:D

Minnie M
17th-February-2006, 05:41 PM
:clap: Good luck for tomorrow Cruella - hope you make ooodles and oooodles of money :yeah: :hug: :flower: :yeah: :kiss: :clap: :hug:

DianaS
17th-February-2006, 09:11 PM
So how much is a reasonable donation? I've just had a gorgeous scot .:flower:
Lucky girl
Can I have one?

Lynn
18th-February-2006, 02:55 AM
Cruella - hope the event goes really well, lots of money is raised and that everyone - including yourself - has a great evening! :hug: :clap: :hug:

senorita
18th-February-2006, 03:20 AM
Cruella - hope the event goes really well, lots of money is raised and that everyone - including yourself - has a great evening! :hug: :clap: :hug:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah:

Have a great time everyone!
Good luck Cruella :worthy: :flower:

Cruella
18th-February-2006, 12:03 PM
Good luck for tomorrow Cruella - hope you make ooodles and oooodles of money

Have a great time everyone!
Good luck Cruella

Cruella - hope the event goes really well, lots of money is raised and that everyone - including yourself - has a great evening!
Thank you. :kiss:

Dan Hudson
18th-February-2006, 12:05 PM
good luck with everything:flower:

hope everyone has a great time:clap: :clap:

Paul F
19th-February-2006, 04:17 AM
Absolutely brilliant. :worthy:

I am so happy I decided to go up to Daventry tonight. I had a simply brilliant time.
My dancing has been pretty intense of late so being able to go to such a friendly, relaxed and well-attended night was such a pleasure.
I got to dance with many people I havn't danced with in ages as well as some new peeps - forum and not. I wont name everyones name incase I miss one but you know who you are. Pleasure to meet you.
I can honestly say, hand on heart, that I thoroughly enjoyed every single dance tonight. I have not been around much lately and, after chatting to everyone tonight, can say that I have really missed being around such a great bunch of people. :flower:

Thanks to Cruella and all the team for putting this on and to everyone I got a dance with.
:hug: :hug: :hug:

-----
I even came across the 8th wonder of the modern world. The sporadic appearence of mini street lights lining the M1 at random intervals. Whats that about then ? :confused:

Russell Saxby
19th-February-2006, 11:50 AM

I am so happy I decided to go up to Daventry tonight. I had a simply brilliant time

:yeah: :yeah:

Just glad I had those 2 cans of red bull in the car, don't think I would have made it home otherwise.

Spin dryer
19th-February-2006, 12:30 PM

I am so happy I decided to go up to Daventry tonight. I had a simply brilliant time.

I'll second that. It was by far and away the best dance event I've been to for a long time. The dancers, music, venue and floor were all fantastic. It was well worth the trip up from Fulham. Thank you Cruella.

PS I have assumed a new identity, having previously been known as Mark K.

DianaS
19th-February-2006, 12:33 PM
Twas an excellent NIGHT and i can't remember thte last time I danced so much Just couldn't sit down the music was speot on and the dancers just kept you moving all evening!!

Lovely to see so many southerners up here!!
Can't wait for the next one (hint hint!!)

DianaS
19th-February-2006, 12:35 PM
Twas an excellent NIGHT and i can't remember thte last time I danced so much Just couldn't sit down the music was speot on and the dancers just kept you moving all evening!!

By the way when I'm 50 can some one arrange for a line of goergeous men to que up to dance with me !!! What a birthday present!!

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 12:46 PM
Lovely to see so many southerners up here!!That was some cool night! I have lots of photos to post later.

Cruella
19th-February-2006, 01:25 PM
THANK YOU:flower: :hug: :kiss: to everyone who came to Daventry last night. Without you all making the effort to travel it wouldn't have been such a successful evening.

My biggest thanks are to Toby, Greg and Marc. Wow, you guys did us proud. The music was spot on all night and i think it gave the locals a real insight into what great dance music can be like. :respect: :worthy: Thankyou for donating your time and talent.:flower: :kiss:

The auction didn't get as much interest as i'd hoped, but the bids that we did get were extremely generous. We even had 2 phone votes! This raised about £140 so thanks to the auctionees.:hug:

All together the total raised for Macmillans Cancer Relief was £1,483
So :cheers: to everyone for youir generosity.

Di x

Think i may have overdone the smilies slightly!

DianaS
19th-February-2006, 01:27 PM
Diane
I was SO impressed! I can't thank you enough for putting it on:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

DavidY
19th-February-2006, 01:35 PM
We even had 2 phone votes!So if they won, did they get a phone dance?:confused:

Seriously though, it was the best event I've been to in absolutely ages. So many lovely dancers, such good music.

Thanks Di for putting it on.
Can't wait for the next one (hint hint!!):yeah:

Dizzy
19th-February-2006, 01:40 PM
Seriously though, it was the best event I've been to in absolutely ages. So many lovely dancers, such good music.

Thanks Di for putting it on.:yeah:

:yeah: :yeah:
WHAT A FANTASTIC NIGHT!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't think that I had a bad dance all night and was on the floor all night dancing with some of the A-Z of great dancers :worthy:

The music was the best I have heard in a long time - thanks to all the DJ's

Cruella - you excelled yourself in organising such a great event :worthy:.

EDIT: May I also just say thank you to Marc for giving me such a lovely compliment on my dancing and really just made my evening :hug: :D :drool:

Tessalicious
19th-February-2006, 01:42 PM
Definitely one hell of a special evening - I was not feeling 100% on the dancing side, so if I had been anywhere else I would have had a dreadful evening, but the combination of a great variety of stonkingly good and lusciously silky music and a roomful of some of the loveliest people on the planet inspired me to put my exhaustion aside, and as a result I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I didn't even want to go home until I took my dancing shoes off and realised how much my feet hurt!

I do feel a little sorry for those that were there who were expecting a 'normal' freestyle night and ended up being intimidated by the music and the gaggle of forumites that descended on Daventry, but I hope they still managed to enjoy themselves.

Thanks Di! :cheers: :clap: :flower: :respect:

Minnie M
19th-February-2006, 01:54 PM
.......All together the total raised for Macmillans Cancer Relief was £1,483
:respect: :clap: :worthy: didn't you do well wow ! and wow again :respect:

Mary
19th-February-2006, 02:09 PM
Congratualtions Di, it sounds like it was a fantastic event, and well done for raising so much money for the Macmillan fund.

I knew there were going to be lots of great people there, and with such a DJ line-up it was garaunteed to be a fab nights dancing.

You should be very proud of yourself. :respect: :respect: :respect:

M

Lory
19th-February-2006, 02:31 PM
Congratualtions Di, it sounds like it was a fantastic event, and well done for raising so much money for the Macmillan fund.

I knew there were going to be lots of great people there, and with such a DJ line-up it was garaunteed to be a fab nights dancing.

You should be very proud of yourself. :respect: :respect: :respect:

:yeah:

Well done Di, it sounds like it was a terrific night! :hug:

Lynn
19th-February-2006, 02:53 PM
:yeah:

Well done Di, it sounds like it was a terrific night! :hug::yeah: Well done!
Looking forward to seeing pics!

jivecat
19th-February-2006, 03:27 PM
I do feel a little sorry for those that were there who were expecting a 'normal' freestyle night and ended up being intimidated by the music and the gaggle of forumites that descended on Daventry, but I hope they still managed to enjoy themselves.

Thanks Di! :cheers: :clap: :flower: :respect:

:yeah: I AM a forumite and I was still intimidated by the gaggle of forumites etc etc!

I thought it was a fantastic event (thankfully it WASN'T a normal freestyle night) and only wish we Midlanders could be dancing to music of that quality every weekend without driving for 5+ hours to get it.

Thanks to all those lovely chaps who were kind enough to dance with me.

And particular thanks to Cruella for organising it and showing that it can be done!

jacksondonut
19th-February-2006, 03:31 PM
WHAT AN ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS EVENING!!

Fantastic, amazing, brilliant and well organised!! Just a few of the words I used driving home last night in the car....

Wonderful inspiring music by great DJ's.. Lovely floor, beautiful happy people having a thoroughly super time...:flower: :flower:

An honour to be part of such a successful and totally enjoyable night.. The best I have had for a very long time.. THANK YOU CRUELLA! my hat is off to you, you did such a wonderful job...:respect:

Also a lovely hug and thank you to all the forumites, too many to name, but all absolutely wonderful to dance with, chat with and to become acquinted with (those I had never met before last night).. you know who you are!! YOURE TERRIFIC XXXX

I AM STILL SMILING!

THANK YOU XXX

Asif
19th-February-2006, 03:41 PM

Did we meet? Did we dance? I still don't know!! :tears:

Well done Guys, a fantastic evening all round - lovely venue, lovely music, lovely people. Spot on!! Definately worth the trip up.

I even enjoyed my final 30 second dance with Greg (even though i did catch him on the hop).

PS - Good luck too with the North Pole trip. A 350 mile trek :eek: - better them than me!

Claire S
19th-February-2006, 04:12 PM
I'm gutted that I missed this!! :tears:

Really glad it went well though Di.
Looking forward to seeing the pics....

DianaS
19th-February-2006, 04:16 PM
Did we meet? Did we dance? I still don't know!! :tears:

Well done Guys, a fantastic evening all round - lovely venue, lovely music, lovely people. Spot on!! Definately worth the trip up.

I even enjoyed my final 30 second dance with Greg (even though i did catch him on the hop).

PS - Good luck too with the North Pole trip. A 350 mile trek :eek: - better them than me!
Asif, We met, we danced, I was wearing a white dress beaded around the neck and tucked your tie in for you at the end of the night! You were looking lovely
:nice:

Little Em
19th-February-2006, 04:23 PM
photos please!!!!!

Asif
19th-February-2006, 04:37 PM
Asif, We met, we danced, I was wearing a white dress beaded around the neck and tucked your tie in for you at the end of the night! You were looking lovely
:nice:
Ah, that was you! Thank you for my lovely dances. You did look lovey too in that dress :drool:

.... and thanks for "tucking me back in" :wink:

Stu
19th-February-2006, 05:08 PM
I just wanted to echo what everyone has said. It was a fabulous night. I had loads of great dances and some with lovely people I hadn't danced with before too.

I eventually got home at 5am after stopping for 3 hours kip in a layby (as I was passing out from lack of sleep!!).

Take care all,
Stu.

Miss Conduct
19th-February-2006, 05:47 PM
WOW!!! What can I add? The perfect ingredients added up to a perfect night. Everyone I spoke to has raved about ever aspect, the music, the dancers, the venue, the floor, the organisation, etc.

Huge thank you to Cruella for making it happen. I hope you enjoyed it as much as everyone else did. :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

Incidentally, Cruella thanks for finding a cure for the strained muscle in my back - woke up this morning with no pain at all for the first time this week. :grin:

K x

under par
19th-February-2006, 06:04 PM
Cruella you put on a great evening of dancing :respect: :respect:

What a fantastic night , so many great dancers in one place.

Mrs Par and I made a late decision to attend due to work commitments but it was really worth the effort, some really great dances had by us both all evening.

Three DJs Marc, Twk and Sheepman. :cheers: :clap:
Wow! without the superb sets you played the night would only have been half as good. The music was brilliant:clap: :respect: :clap: :respect: kept me on the dance floor for 5 hours:clap:

Nearly £1500 raised for charity a huge bonus.Good luck with the icy polar temperatures Ian.:eek:

Nice to meet some new forumites too. Hi, Jacksondonut and Robd.

Bring on more of the CRUELLA PARTY NIGHT Inc. events:cheers:

under par
19th-February-2006, 06:10 PM
Incidentally, Cruella thanks for finding a cure for the strained muscle in my back - woke up this morning with no pain at all for the first time this week. :grin:

K x

Who was he!:whistle:

jacksondonut
19th-February-2006, 06:34 PM
Nice to meet some new forumites too. Hi, Jacksondonut and Robd.

Lovely to meet you too and Mrs UP... fab dances...
:flower:

Bring on more of the CRUELLA PARTY NIGHT Inc. events:cheers:[/QUOTE]

I second the above........ what a brilliant Idea... :clap: :clap:

See you again soon xxx
Jan

Cruella
19th-February-2006, 06:45 PM
Bring on more of the CRUELLA PARTY NIGHT Inc. events:cheers:
I second the above........ what a brilliant Idea... :clap: :clap:

See you again soon xxx
Jan
Sorry guys, it was definately just a one off.:sick: I never want to see another snowflake again!:rofl:

robd
19th-February-2006, 06:46 PM
What a great night. Well done Di. Sorry the auctions didn't raise more, I feel guilty that I didn't bid for anyone (especially as I could have bid on Paul F :respect: and asked him to give me a few tips)

Met lots of forumites I hadn't met before :clap: as well as my favourite familiar faces and had some really great dances. Though I had heard all 3 of the DJs before at various points, an awful lot of the music was unfamiliar to me and made it a challenging as well as enjoyable evening. I also loved the fact that as a lead, with so many wonderfully talented (and utterly gorgeous :yum: ) ladies in attendance, I could leave them to ad-lib and just bask in the reflected glory. The man providing the frame for the lady indeed.

Thanks Di, for a top night (and the last dance :hug: )

Random quotes

I AM a forumite and I was still intimidated by the gaggle of forumites etc etc!

I AM a forumite and I was still intimidated dancing with you :wink:

Thanks to all those lovely chaps who were kind enough to dance with me.

I think you should change that to read 'who were lucky enough to dance with me':respect:

Definitely one hell of a special evening - I was not feeling 100% on the dancing side
Crikey Tess, if that's you below par I can't wait to see you on top form. Eye contact, wow :na: , I loved our dance (Just needed a cold shower afterwards :blush: ) and hope to be at the same venue as you sometime soon.

I travelled with 3 girls, 2 of whom have not been dancing very long and have certainly not yet encountered music and dancers of the calibre in evidence last night. It was quite an illuminating experience for them I think. I should stress that their perception of the people they danced with wasn't negative, they just felt that they themselves were not doing justice to the quality of the music and the ability of their partners. A necessary part of their dance education I would say and, from here, they may choose to stay with the known quantity of the local freestyles (and I had a great time at a freestyle on Friday night too) but at least they have seen that an alternative exists.

WittyBird
19th-February-2006, 06:54 PM
I had a great night. Well done Di :respect:
fab music, great company, wonderful atmosphere
Who could ask for more :D

jacksondonut
19th-February-2006, 07:05 PM
Sorry guys, it was definately just a one off.:sick: I never want to see another snowflake again!:rofl:

How about maybe something for the summer holidays.... pleeeeeze:clap:

:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Beach party........:drool: (dreams of boys in short, shorts.....)

Dizzy
19th-February-2006, 07:07 PM
What a great night. Well done Di.

Met lots of forumites I hadn't met before :clap: as well as my favourite familiar faces and had some really great dances.

Sorry Rob but I never got to be introduced to you last night therefore I don't know if we danced last night or not :blush:

Hope to meet you soon :flower:

jacksondonut
19th-February-2006, 07:10 PM
Sorry Rob but I never got to be introduced to you last night therefore I don't know if we danced last night or not :blush:

Hope to meet you soon :flower:

He was the tall fair handsome devil in a bright yellow tee shirt for part of the evening, if i remember correctly...:D

Hope that helps..xx

WittyBird
19th-February-2006, 07:12 PM
He was the tall fair handsome devil in a bright yellow tee shirt for part of the evening, if i remember correctly...:D

Hope that helps..xx

Don't forget the matching yellow socks :rofl:

robd
19th-February-2006, 07:12 PM

Hope that helps..xx

For all of the evening. My, ahem, economical dancing style has benefits in the shirt changing area (either that or I smell but don't notice it myself :blush: )

And the money's on its way to you for the rest of the description Jan :na:

Rob

robd
19th-February-2006, 07:44 PM
Don't forget the matching yellow socks :rofl:

I can't believe a woman with a dalmatian suit :respect: and boots that looked like chewbacca's legs after skiing is :rofl: at my socks.

Still an absolute pleasure to dance with you tho' Witty :love:

WittyBird
19th-February-2006, 07:57 PM
I can't believe a woman with a dalmatian suit :respect: and boots that looked like chewbacca's legs after skiing is :rofl: at my socks.

That was a dare, so didn't have much choice :whistle:

Still an absolute pleasure to dance with you tho' Witty :love:
The pleasure was all mine :flower:

David Bailey
19th-February-2006, 08:20 PM
Crikey Tess, if that's you below par I can't wait to see you on top form.
She was a bit below par, mainly because two fools had managed to drop her on that day...

Clive Long
19th-February-2006, 10:37 PM
She was a bit below par, mainly because two fools had managed to drop her on that day...
Young sir, you omitted to say onto concrete paving.

How the poor girl was conscious let alone dancing is some achievement ...

CRL

under par
19th-February-2006, 11:00 PM

.....and once during the evening too:blush: I recall......:really:poor lass

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:30 PM
.....and once during the evening too:blush: I recall......:really:poor lassUm, I think the evening was the second occasion David was referring to.

Moving swiftly on, here are few piccies...

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:31 PM
and...

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:32 PM

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:35 PM
...and...

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:37 PM
..more...

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:38 PM
and some more...

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:39 PM
... some more...

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:41 PM
... and yet more...

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:42 PM
... and the last one, for now. I'm sure I've got some of Forumites that I don't recognise, but I'm not sure how to find out who they are.

Lory
19th-February-2006, 11:50 PM
... and the last one, for now.

Fab pics ESG, everyone looks lovely :nice:

El Salsero Gringo
19th-February-2006, 11:52 PM
Fab pics ESG, everyone looks lovely :nice:Ahem, yes, thanks - they look great in those 40 pictures and not so great in the other 343 that I took!

Lynn
19th-February-2006, 11:57 PM
Ahem, yes, thanks - they look great in those 40 pictures and not so great in the other 343 that I took!:what: Did you actually get to dance?

(Great pics btw!)

El Salsero Gringo
20th-February-2006, 12:04 AM
:what: Did you actually get to dance?

(Great pics btw!)Yup... it was lovely.

Oh, and photo credit to Under Par for the last one.

Dizzy
20th-February-2006, 12:07 AM
:what: Did you actually get to dance?

(Great pics btw!)

Yeah, I danced with ESG :clap: :clap: and he asked so uniquely :respect: :love: :drool:

under par
20th-February-2006, 12:15 AM
Yup... it was lovely.

Oh, and photo credit to Under Par for the last one.

Thanks a lot mate you both have your eyes closed:blush:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-February-2006, 12:17 AM
Thanks a lot mate you both have your eyes closed:blush:Er, I meant the *other* Under Par, of course

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 09:08 AM
Great photos ECG :D Please don't delete the 343 'bad' ones as i'd like them as a reminder of the night. Didn't get around to taking any photos or video ourselves unfortunately. Well a girls got to dance sometime too.:D

robd
20th-February-2006, 09:15 AM
... and the last one, for now. I'm sure I've got some of Forumites that I don't recognise, but I'm not sure how to find out who they are.

Excellent pictures. So many faces I recall from the evening whose names I do not know.

Can we put names to them, anyone?

I am in the background on a couple of pictures in a t-shirt that looks a lot brighter on film than I remember it in real-life:what:

Other than that I recognise Northants Girly in post 112 pics 1 & 2 looking beautiful as ever (oh, 117#3 also but who's the fella?), Cruella playing to the camera in 115#4 (though am sure everyone knows her already) and with the excellent Under Par (who I am sure everyone knows also) in 117#4, jacksondonut in a rare moment of inactivity in 117#2 and Diana S in 111#5, 113#4, 114#2 (is that Mr DavidJames sexing her up??) and 116#4.

Anyone else?

Robert

Yogi_Bear
20th-February-2006, 09:25 AM
Sounds like a great time was had by one and all. Wish I had been there. Sadly, one can have only so many 1am finishes and 4am to bed at my age :sad:
Will be there for the April 8 event though :cheers:

Minnie M
20th-February-2006, 09:28 AM
Fab pics ESG, everyone looks lovely :nice:
:yeah: :respect: fantastic - thanks ESG :cheers: :clap: :yeah: :hug: :kiss:

David Bailey
20th-February-2006, 09:34 AM
(is that Mr DavidJames sexing her up??)
Errr, nope - just looking at the floor, making sure I didn't fall over :innocent:

Anyone else?
OK, I'll kick off:
110#1: The Auctioneer row - Cruella can probably put names to faces
110#2: Little Monkey
110#3: SF and err...
110#2: SF
110#2: Under Par and Miss Conduct

Lory
20th-February-2006, 10:34 AM
Can we put names to them, anyone?

1st pic from L to R David James, Groovy dancer, Asif, ?, Lisa, TWK peeking over Paul F's shoulder, Divisima and ?
2nd Little Monky
3rd Spice n easy, SilverFox behind
4th Silverfox
5th Miss Conduct with Underpar

1st Mrs Underpar (Sharon) with ?
2nd Tessalisious with Marc Forster
3rd IainL + ?
4th ?
5th DianaS + ? (although I have danced with him at Fulham)

1st and 2nd NH girly
3rd Sheepman +? (I should know, cos she does WCS at Hammers:blush: )
4th Paul F and Sparkles
5th Groovy dancer and Divi

GD and Divi
Cruella, Sheepy, Divi, TWK, Little Monkey
Sheepy and Little monkey
? and Diana S
Groovy dancer and Sparkles looking :yum: :drool: in this pic!

DavidJames, Spice n easy, Lucy? Russel Saxby, RK
Diana S and DavidJames
SF
LM
Miss Conduct and Markforster

Miss Conduct and Marc again
Miss Conduct and GD
Asif and Wittybird
Cruella and ?

Lisa and Sheepman
Marc Forster
Lisa and Tessalisious
TWk and Diana S
Divi and TWK

LM and Dizzy
?
Northants G and Stu
Cruella and Underpar
Asif and ?

ESG and Tessalisious

David Bailey
20th-February-2006, 11:28 AM
Miss Conduct and Marc again
Miss Conduct and GD
Asif and Wittybird
Cruella and ?
I think the last one on #115 is me also - although it's my back profile, which is probably my best side, and I've no idea who I'm dancing with.

I also think the lady in the red top in 110#1 is Michelle, teacher at Blitz apparently?

Lisa
20th-February-2006, 11:29 AM
Just landed back in Scotland and just had to get straight onto the PC to pass on this message on behalf of Laura & myself- we had the best night. :respect: Many thanks to Di for being the host with the most :worthy: and the DJs for the fab music and the dancers……. :drool: Congratulations on raising so much money for Macmillan Cancer Relief, a charity who do a fantastic and caring job!

I told Ian and his bro to enjoy the Polar Challenge although I’m not sure they were looking forward to the minus 40 temperatures! They were looking forward to not having to get up at 6am for training though.

Great picces although I can see my Mum saying to her little tomboy daughter I really must learn to make a bit of an effort and wear makeup and brush my hair & buy feminine clothes! Laura is in the lady dancing with Asif. This event was the highlight of her birthday weekend.

My man was one of those who put a phone bid. :love: I was very surprised at as he gets as many dances as he likes all the time! Unfortunately he hasn’t been able to claim them yet as on Sat night he fell over during a foot chase and ended up in casualty! He’s struggling to walk nevermind dance. I was nursing him yesterday and he'll just have to claim those dances in two weeks time.

I had lots of fab dances so thanks to everyone for them! My personal dance highlight was definitely Tessalisious! :worthy: I was dead touched she bid for me and I was like-I just can't do her justice my brain is shot by this time of night -I knew I wouldn't be lead anything exciting. She is both an excellent follower and leader and a very sexy dancer!!!! :hug: I look forward to the next one Tessalisious and I promise you the Scottish men will be looking after you when you come up to the B.F.G.

Once again thanks for the party, the music and all round fab night. Hope you do it again Di!

Lisa xx

Northants Girly
20th-February-2006, 11:34 AM
3rd IainL + ?

?

3rd IainL + Eva - one of our gorgeous local Northants dancers

2nd I think its the forum's jacksondonut :)

Agree with everything thats already been said - an absolutely brilliant evening :clap:
Didn't stop dancing all night :D

Well done and thankyou Cruella :flower:

Mary
20th-February-2006, 12:00 PM
Great pics ESG - they capture a really fantastic atmosphere.:respect: :worthy:

Have you recovered from your adventure so far away from your front door??

Once again so pleased for you Di that it was such a great event. And Sheepy - what a way to have a birthday, and it continues on tonight I believe with the usual birthday jam I trust?

M

Rhythm King
20th-February-2006, 12:24 PM
What a fabulous night - well done Di! :worthy:

I have some photos, but not in the same league as ECG's. As soon as I find my USB lead, I'll put some of them up (pesky thing - got it out of the case where it lives last night and then put it down somewhere :angry: )

As for identifying people in photos, on #110 stood between Asif and Lisa is Shelley. On #112 and later on too, is new Forumite Anthea. Sat with DianaS on #113 is Imogen. Finally, Asif is dancing with Laura.

I was a very tired bunny when I eventually got home and had a very lazy Sunday.

R-K :cheers:

jacksondonut
20th-February-2006, 12:33 PM
Thanks everyone for putting names to faces, its lovely to know who everyone is, especially on such a glorious evening, where we are all having such a fabulous time.. :flower: :flower: :flower: I am more familiar now with quite a few of you.. What a lovely bunch!!:respect:

Yeah, it is me sitting very quietly, watching the experts at work on 2nd pic on 117, :respect: I was mesmerised by the talent around me. I was loving it.. (and I might confess, exhausted by then and ready for bed!)

What a fabulous night.:flower:
:clap: :clap: :clap:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-February-2006, 12:38 PM
I think the last one on #115 is me also - although it's my back profile, which is probably my best side, and I've no idea who I'm dancing with.It is indeed you - and the lady's name is Anthea

robd
20th-February-2006, 12:44 PM
and the lady's name is Anthea

Is she a good Turner? :groan:

Asif
20th-February-2006, 12:45 PM
I have some photos, but not in the same league as ECG's.
ECG? Had them at school didn't we - left a little scar too! :rolleyes:

Brilliant photos ESG :worthy: (helped me put a couple of names to faces too). I'm surprised you did any dancing cos every time i saw you, you were taking photos.

DianaS
20th-February-2006, 12:58 PM
Originally Posted by robd
(is that Mr DavidJames sexing her up??)

[QUOTE=DavidJames]Errr, nope - just looking at the floor, making sure I didn't fall over :innocent:

Not unless his vital equipment is grafted on to his right thigh. His chin was to the right of my shoulder
What are you like :rofl:

jacksondonut
20th-February-2006, 12:59 PM
ECG? Had them at school didn't we - left a little scar too! :rolleyes:

mmmmm... I think I remember something called a BCG... still have the scar to prove it....

not yet old enough (Just) to warrant an ECG,.. (lol)..

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 01:16 PM
OK so this is the concise list of all the dancers in the photos. Thanks Lory for doing most of it though.:D

1st pic from L to R David James, Groovy dancer, Asif, Shelly, Lisa, TWK peeking over Paul F's shoulder, Divisima and Rob (my brother in law, one of the Polar ChallengeTeam)
2nd Little Monkey
3rd Spice n easy, SilverFox behind
4th Silverfox
5th Miss Conduct with Underpar

1st Mrs Underpar (Sharon) with Benito
2nd Tessalicious with Marc Forster
3rd IainL + Eva
4th Keith and one of the few i didn't know.
5th DianaS + Spin Dryer

1st and 2nd NH girly
3rd Sheepman + Anthea
4th Paul F and Sparkles
5th Groovy dancer and Divi

1st GD and Divi
2nd Cruella, Ian (my hubby in the background) Sheepy, Divi, TWK, Little Monkey, Marc
3rd Sheepy and Little monkey
4th Imogen (whose 16 and a great dancer) and Diana S
5th Groovy dancer and Sparkles

1st DavidJames, Spice n easy, Lucy, Russell Saxby, RK
2nd Diana S and DavidJames
3rd SF
4th LM, Stu and Wittybird (in the background)
5th Miss Conduct and Markforster

1st Miss Conduct and Marc again
2nd Miss Conduct and GD
3rd Asif and Wittybird
4th Cruella and Mark, Rob D (in the background)

1st Lisa and Sheepman
2nd Marc Forster
3rd Lisa and Tessalicious
4th TWk and Diana S
5th Divi and TWK

1st LM and Dizzy
2nd Jacksondonut
3rd Northants G and Stu
4th Cruella and Underpar
5th Asif and Laura

ESG and Tessalicious

El Salsero Gringo
20th-February-2006, 01:30 PM
...and #115 5th is DavidJames and Anthea

El Salsero Gringo
20th-February-2006, 01:31 PM
Not unless his vital equipment is grafted on to his right thigh.It's not for nothing that he is spoken of in hushed tones as Tardis Trousers

robd
20th-February-2006, 03:06 PM
Reminds me of my most embarassing moment of the night - a break in the music led to me thanking Diana S for the dance only to be told 'It's not finished yet' and another 2 minutes or so of the track recommenced....:blush:

DianaS
20th-February-2006, 03:17 PM
Reminds me of my most embarassing moment of the night - a break in the music led to me thanking Diana S for the dance only to be told 'It's not finished yet' and another 2 minutes or so of the track recommenced....:blush:
I know what you mean! I asked a guy for a dance and when the music came on it was so wierd we couldn't find the beat. At the end I said "wasn't that awful, would you like another?":whistle:

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 03:18 PM
Was it to Hazel O'connors 'Will you' by any chance?

robd
20th-February-2006, 03:21 PM
I know what you mean! I asked a guy for a dance and when the music came on it was so wierd we couldn't find the beat. At the end I said "wasn't that awful, would you like another?":whistle:

Was that me :sick: Eeek!

robd
20th-February-2006, 03:24 PM

You think I know the names of any of this music? I leave that those residing in the DJ Booth.

I would like to know who sings 'I like(love?) the way you move' - the smooth track played just after the lights went down at one point not the Bodyrockers(??) one :what: Perhaps I should google for it rather than asking randomly here :rolleyes:

Rhythm King
20th-February-2006, 03:31 PM
:yeah: I had exactly the same experience with another lady - probably the same track! :blush:

Rachel
20th-February-2006, 03:33 PM
It was a dream of an evening - I couldn't have wished for anything to have been better * - and I shall remember it with a smile for a long long time!

Thanks, Di, you did a fantastic job (pleeeease do another??) and well done for raising so much money. All the best of luck to your hubby and the others for undertaking such a very brave (and foolish) adventure - I do hope they all keep safe.

Rachel

*Oh, though I do still have my 'dance with David James' claim card that I'm looking forward to using at the next suitable opportunity.

And another thing - who on earth bid £30 for a dance with Marc???? Unfortunately, it wasn't claimed, but do try and find him for a dance, whoever you are. Christ, I'd sell him to you for that amount!! (actually I wouldn't really, he's far too cute.)

How about £50? :wink:

DianaS
20th-February-2006, 03:36 PM
It was a dream of an evening - I couldn't have wished for anything to have been better * - and I shall remember it with a smile for a long long time!

Thanks, Di, you did a fantastic job (pleeeease do another??) and well done for raising so much money. All the best of luck to your hubby and the others for undertaking such a very brave (and foolish) adventure - I do hope they all keep safe.

Rachel

*Oh, though I do still have my 'dance with David James' claim card that I'm looking forward to using at the next suitable opportunity.

And another thing - who on earth bid £30 for a dance with Marc???? Unfortunately, it wasn't claimed, but do try and find him for a dance, whoever you are. Christ, I'd sell him to you for that amount!! (actually I wouldn't really, he's far too cute.)

How about £50? :wink:
Hmmm Have you any idea how many people are going to PM you claiming it was them???
He's going to be a VERY busy man:cheers:

Sparkles
20th-February-2006, 03:37 PM

That was a combination effort of two people (and one of the two was phone-bidding) hence why the card wasn't given back - and this was all OKayed by Cruella (so blame her :wink: ).
I had my half of the dance towards the end of the night and it was :drool: - thank you Marc :flower:.

S. x

Rachel
20th-February-2006, 03:37 PM
You think I know the names of any of this music? I leave that those residing in the DJ Booth.

I would like to know who sings 'I like(love?) the way you move' - the smooth track played just after the lights went down at one point not the Bodyrockers(??) one :what: Perhaps I should google for it rather than asking randomly here :rolleyes:Kenny G with Earth Wind & Fire, according to Marc. I'm shocked!
R. x

Rhythm King
20th-February-2006, 03:41 PM

Diana! Shame on you and your puppies! "Will You" is a fantastic song (both parts :wink: ) and I had a terrific dance with Tessalicious to it :drool: I want to reserve a dance with Sparkles for the next time I hear it.

R-K :flower:

Sparkles
20th-February-2006, 03:47 PM
... oh, and someone remind me NEVER to offer to help Asif to eat cake again :rolleyes: :rofl:

Northants Girly
20th-February-2006, 03:51 PM
... oh, and someone remind me NEVER to offer to help Asif to eat cake again :rolleyes: :rofl:Don't tell me he made out that he couldn't eat his cake with just one hand?? :rofl:

Actually - talking about cake . . . . a big thankyou to Little Monkey! :drool:

(and Cathrine, "La Pineda" does NOT sound anything like "Linda's pregnant" :rofl:

Rhythm King
20th-February-2006, 04:02 PM
... oh, and someone remind me NEVER to offer to help Asif to eat cake again :rolleyes: :rofl:

Don't tell me he made out that he couldn't eat his cake with just one hand?? :rofl:

Must get around to sorting out my photos :whistle:

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 04:48 PM
Diana! Shame on you and your puppies! "Will You" is a fantastic song (both parts :wink: ) and I had a terrific dance with Tessalicious to it :drool: I want to reserve a dance with Sparkles for the next time I hear it.

It's actually one of my favourite tracks at present (I owned the original at one time:blush: ) It's just that i remember dancing to it and seeing SF in hysterics because he thought it had finished too. :rolleyes:

Rhythm King
20th-February-2006, 05:03 PM
It's actually one of my favourite tracks at present (I owned the original at one time:blush: ) It's just that i remember dancing to it and seeing SF in hysterics because he thought it had finished too. :rolleyes:

Oh, alright then :flower: I still have the original single tucked away somewhere. I was caught out by something far more modern (and apparently far less memorable - I can't think what it was at the moment! :rolleyes: )

R-K

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 05:09 PM
Diana! Shame on you and your puppies!
:
By the way don't you think it was nice that one of my puppies turned up for the dancing:rofl:
Wittybird :respect:

El Salsero Gringo
20th-February-2006, 05:10 PM
Actually - talking about cake . . . . a big thankyou to Little Monkey! :drool:
Hear hear.

Asif
20th-February-2006, 05:35 PM
Hmmmm .... tasted very nice. :yum: And the cake wasn't bad either!! :whistle:

BTW - I was doing okay trying to pick up and eat the cake on my own but when a gorgeous woman offers to feed it to you, how could i refuse!! I'm only human! :wink:

Sheepman
20th-February-2006, 05:40 PM
I had my half of the dance towards the end of the night ... thank you Marc You were lucky!
maybe it was a bit silly of me to bid for a dance with Marc, as we were both DJing, there wasn't much time to get together, but I did manage to share him with Diva for a few seconds...

And I can't believe how nerve racking it is having a line of lovely ladies who have paid to have a few seconds dancing with me. :eek: I'm not sure if any of them got their money's worth, but I was shaking by the end of it. :blush:
I could get used to it though! :whistle:

The evening was well worth the long drive, I enjoyed it from start to finish, with lots of great dances, with familiar faces and new ones.

A big :clap: :clap: :clap: for Cruella!

Greg

Sheepman
20th-February-2006, 05:56 PM
Actually - talking about cake . . . . a big thankyou to Little Monkey! :yeah: It seemed such a shame to see the result of all her work get demolished, but if it had remained intact, that would have been even worse! :yum:

Greg

Little Monkey
20th-February-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by Northants Girly
Actually - talking about cake . . . . a big thankyou to Little Monkey!

Hear hear.

:yeah: It seemed such a shame to see the result of all her work get demolished, but if it had remained intact, that would have been even worse! :yum:

Greg

Thanks! :nice:

I had loads of people approaching me at the end of the night, saying they had heard there was cake, and sadly had to turn many down as it disappeared rather quickly! I even had to fight people off, as they tried to steal the piece (a special one with a sheep on it, of course) that I'd saved for the birthday boy himself, as he was in such great demand that he hardly had time to sit down and eat his own birthday cake at all!:eek:

Lovely photos, ESG (and nice to finally meet you, too!:hug: ), but they've made me realise how badly I need a diet! :tears:

Also lovely to meet other forumites for the first time, like Asif and Sheppy, and catch up with others that I don't get to see very often!

Thanks for arranging such a fab evening, Cruella, and thanks to our lovely DJs for the fab music! :respect:

Miss Conduct
21st-February-2006, 04:00 PM
Who was he!:whistle:

Well I think you may have helped with those fabulous double dips....:wink:

Rhythm King
22nd-February-2006, 10:41 AM
I've eventually got all the bits and pieces in one place to sort out some photos, so here goes...

(Funny how most of them seem to involve cake :rolleyes: )

DianaS
22nd-February-2006, 10:42 AM
I've eventually got all the bits and pieces in one place to sort out some photos, so here goes...

(Funny how most of them seem to involve cake :rolleyes: )

Where's the Cake???

Rhythm King
22nd-February-2006, 10:45 AM
Where's the Cake???

Inside Asif and under Sparkles' fingernails apparently :really:

Sparkles
22nd-February-2006, 01:23 PM
What have they done to that poor pengiun?! :eek: (third picture)

under par
22nd-February-2006, 02:37 PM

Not enough still has his head on.... nasty things:whistle:

Msfab
22nd-February-2006, 02:46 PM
Good spot - They need reporting to some agency!

Not enough still has his head on.... nasty things:whistle:
How could you Underpar? :tears: :tears: :tears: What has that penguin ever done to you?:angry:

under par
22nd-February-2006, 02:56 PM
Good spot - They need reporting to some agency!

How could you Underpar? :tears: :tears: :tears: What has that penguin ever done to you?:angry:

I had a bet .... how long before you would notice.... I won :yeah:

still nasty things though!!:whistle: smell of fish yeuk!

Msfab
22nd-February-2006, 02:58 PM
I had a bet .... how long before you would notice.... I won :yeah:

Damn! :(

Sparkles
22nd-February-2006, 05:20 PM
still nasty things though!!:whistle: smell of fish yeuk!
They don't like you much either :na: