PDA

View Full Version : modern Jive Family tree

Ste
13th-January-2006, 08:48 PM
When I was a youngster (oh for those heady days) I used to buy SOUNDS and one of the best features was the Pete Frame Family tree of rock groups like Jeff Beck etc.

If Pete Frame was to do a family tree of modern jive, what do you know about the history of modern jive that would help him to do the family tree?

Tell us about who knew who and who worked with who and who formed their own organisations.

Divissima
13th-January-2006, 10:47 PM
We need Roger Chin.... he knows loads of this stuff.

RogerR
14th-January-2006, 11:05 AM
And Simon Selman, James Hamilton, Michel Gaye, Michel Ange Lau, Christine Keeble.

Is anyone really familiar with Sadlers Wells one of the earliest MJ events was a stage performance there. Prob '79 - '82. Then there was the first ceroc marathon/busking at the Trocadero and dances at Porchester Halls

Minnie M
16th-January-2006, 11:09 PM
Harperlink..........Harperlink.......... please, we have done this quite a few time :whistle:

How about this one :-

History of the Ceroc/Le Jive etc., Franchise locations

Where was the first one .... who and where etc etc

Gadget
16th-January-2006, 11:34 PM
I think that there is a whole section of the forum devoted to a Hall of Fame (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)... is that what you were meaning?

Minnie M
17th-January-2006, 12:06 AM
I think that there is a whole section of the forum devoted to a Hall of Fame (http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35)... is that what you were meaning?

no not that one, it was a thread started by Amir I think, but there have been more than one - however, they are all about the people rather than the 'clubs'

Come on some-one ..............

I assume the first actual Ceroc club must have been in London - and I assume King Franck started the first one in Scotland - but when was that ?

who was the first Ceroc Franchisee ?

Tiggerbabe
17th-January-2006, 12:16 AM
I assume King Franck started the first one in Scotland - but when was that ?

November 1992, I think, Minnie (before my time :wink: ) with Jean Harris, and the first class was in Glasgow.

Will
17th-January-2006, 02:36 AM
who was the first Ceroc Franchisee ?
I believe it was Ceroc Norwich. Sadly, I heard the lady who started it died quite recently (though I can't remember her name).

Minnie M
17th-January-2006, 09:26 AM
November 1992, I think, Minnie (before my time :wink: ) with Jean Harris, and the first class was in Glasgow.
thanks Tiggerbabe :kiss:that's just what I wanted (hopefully) as the thread progresses we can get a full list :clap:

I believe it was Ceroc Norwich
Thanks Will :hug: do you remember the year ?

Tiggerbabe
18th-January-2006, 01:10 AM
I've checked with Franck, Minnie, and the venue was aptly called "The Venue", just off Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow.