PDA

View Full Version : Things to make you feel good...

Wendy
13th-January-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm in a very positive new year mood this week and have been thinking of things to do that make me (and maybe you) feel good. So I thought I'd start a wee list here in the hope that some of you will join in. Your ideas have to cost less than £1 so that even those of us on a restricted budget can benefit from your inspired suggestions. Add a number beside each one and bet we get to a 100 before I can say "Robert est ton oncle!!!" :D

Here goes :

1. Have a lovely yummy bath and take out that body lotion that's been hiding in a cupboard and rub it all over.

2. Drink 2 litres of mineral water in one day (every day !) - you know it's good for you !

3. Go for a half-hour walk even if the weather is crap. You'll come back with nice rosy cheeks and you'll feel really proud of yourself. (Great to follow this with number 1 but make sure you pee first if you're doing the water one :rofl: )

4. E-mail/send a card/phone a friend you haven't spoken to for a while. They might be really chuffed and send you some happy words back.

Over to you !!!!

Wxxxx

Dizzy
13th-January-2006, 06:39 PM
I'm in a very positive new year mood this week and have been thinking of things to do that make me (and maybe you) feel good.

Dance as much as you can :clap: :clap: (or is that being too obvious!! :blush: )

LMC
13th-January-2006, 06:40 PM
5. Let someone into traffic ahead of you. The feeling of virtue is nice.

6. Leave work exactly on time.

Wendy
13th-January-2006, 06:44 PM
Dance as much as you can :clap: :clap: (or is that being too obvious!! :blush: )

Maybe part of the reason for doing the list was cos I can't dance nearly as much as I want in France :tears: Jeez that happy mood lasted a minute and a half..thanks !!! :wink:

Wxxx

Tessalicious
13th-January-2006, 06:51 PM
7. Put aside a conflict or grudge and offer the olive branch by saying sorry or some other relevant gesture - even if it wasn't your fault!

8. Join him (http://www.join-me.co.uk/) - random acts of kindness to strangers can be bizarrely comforting.

9. Write a song about something important to you - or, if you're not musically minded, just the lyrics. You'll be amazed how much more you understand the way you feel about whatever it is.

Wendy
13th-January-2006, 06:52 PM
10. Put on your best underwear. No-one needs to know but then someone might :innocent:

Wxxx

LMC
13th-January-2006, 07:02 PM
11. Sing along to your favourite songs whilst doing the ironing. Sing as loud as you can (assuming you're doing the ironing at a reasonably civilised time. Oh, and assuming you ever do ironing.)

12. Have a perfect cup of tea. Sit and hold it, and have a nice little think about "things" while you wait for it to cool down. Drink when it reaches the perfect temperature for you... hmmmmm :drool:

13. Eat your pudding first.

14. Say hello and smile to the checkout cashier.

Lory
13th-January-2006, 07:04 PM
The feeling of virtue is nice.

Take a carrot to WCS and when everyone else is stuffing their faces with chocolate :drool: take a bite of said carrot :sick:

I did feel good on the way home though! ;)

Tessalicious
13th-January-2006, 07:10 PM
16. Set up a comfy 'den' just in front of the TV, with duvets, blankets, cushions, pillows etc, put on your absolute favourite film and watch it in your pyjamas without moving.

17. Pick one day this weekend and don't get out of bed all day - use the time to read, cuddle your laptop or your teddy bear, or just to contemplate the meaning of life. This one is even better if you do it after Wendy's No. 3.

18. Get on a bus/drive without any specific destination - see if you end up somewhere interesting and new. But take a map, just in case!

LMC
13th-January-2006, 07:11 PM
Hang on, recount...

Dizzy's and Lory's weren't numbered... so by my reckoning (assuming no-one's cross-posted) we're up to

20. Give someone a hug

21. Ask for a hug

(probably best if you know the other person/people)

EDIT: re-numbered due to cross-post!

LMC
13th-January-2006, 07:12 PM
22. Write a list of everything you have to do. Ignore it and do something you really WANT to do first.

Wendy
13th-January-2006, 07:17 PM
23. Find out how to give rep !!! :rofl: Have no idea but some coming shortly !!!

Wxxx

Dizzy
13th-January-2006, 08:10 PM
Maybe part of the reason for doing the list was cos I can't dance nearly as much as I want in France :tears: Jeez that happy mood lasted a minute and a half..thanks !!! :wink:

Wxxx

Sorry hun, didn't mean to spoil the mood!! :flower: :hug:

24. Speak to someone that you haven't spoken to before and introduce yourself. It might become a real friendship.

Chicklet
13th-January-2006, 09:07 PM
25. Take all your clothes out of the wardrobe and make a pile of all the things you haven't worn in 2005, if you didn't wear them in a whole year you WILL NOT wear them ever again,

26. Now put them all up on e-bay at 99p each and watch the free market at work.

27. Now handwash all the cashmere

28. Now put all the fab things back in your wardrobe with all the trousers together, all the skirts together, all the long sleeved tops together, etc

29. Have a nice cup of tea and a Blue Ribband and decide that you haven't gone far enough

30. Go back to wardrobe and ensure that each subsection of clothes are also nicely "rainbowed"

hurry up with that rep Wendy

Dreadful Scathe
13th-January-2006, 09:51 PM
31. Read this thread and marvel at the female of the species ;)

Wendy
14th-January-2006, 12:58 AM
31. Read this thread and marvel at the female of the species ;) You'd be doing the rainbow thing as well. The only reason you don't is cos everything in your wardrobe is bright blue !!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Wxxx

32. Get a UGC season ticket. OK it's £10.99 a month so I'm breaking the pound rule, but if you see 11 films a month, that works out at less than a pound per film. :D

Wxxx

philsmove
14th-January-2006, 01:30 AM
31. Read this thread and marvel at the female of the species ;)

Just when I was beginning to understand the shoe thing they introduce the rainbow thing

Lou can you explain this for me

33 stay up on a starlight night and watch the sunrise

LMC
14th-January-2006, 01:38 AM
34. Go to a car boot sale or charity shop and buy a book you love (that you haven't already got). Re-read it, enjoy it, then release it into the wild for someone else to find www.bookcrossing.com

Lynn
14th-January-2006, 09:36 PM
30. Go back to wardrobe and ensure that each subsection of clothes are also nicely "rainbowed" My 'rainbow' would go from (a little) red to (lots of) black with some plum in between! :rofl:

35. Go for a walk in a park and watch a winter sunset. (Even better when accompanied by an amazing moon rise - just wish I'd brought my camera with me!)

LMC
14th-January-2006, 09:42 PM
36. Slightly over a quid, but not by much - and as a treat: walk to the chip shop and buy chips with lashings of salt and vinegar. Scoff on the way home (probably doesn't work quite so well if your chip shop is so nearby that you don't feel like you've had a long enough walk to justify the calories... but chips are good :D )

37. Next time you pass a fish tank/aquarium, watch for five minutes. Very soothing. Easy if it's your fish tank!

38. Rebel against rainbow classification. File your wardrobe with purple and orange and green and blue all next to each other. Colours clashing is perception, not reality.

Chicklet
14th-January-2006, 10:42 PM
38. Rebel against rainbow classification. File your wardrobe with purple and orange and green and blue all next to each other. Colours clashing is perception, not reality.
girlfriend never gonna make it into the A-list accountant forum clique with that badass attitude

LMC
14th-January-2006, 11:12 PM
I don't care :na:

Anyway, Icey's the accountant not me :innocent:

39. s--t--r--e--t--c--h

ChrisA
15th-January-2006, 12:07 AM
36. Slightly over a quid, but not by much - and as a treat: walk to the chip shop and buy chips with lashings of salt and vinegar. Scoff on the way home (probably doesn't work quite so well if your chip shop is so nearby that you don't feel like you've had a long enough walk to justify the calories... but chips are good :D )

Is it possible to live far enough from a chip shop in the UK to burn more calories walking there and back than you get from eating the chips?

(yeah, probably in the Scottish mountains somewhere, but I'm talking about 'living')

Tabitha
15th-January-2006, 12:43 AM
Hi, I'm Jacqui, and I am doing a number 24........................

and for a number 37, would just like to say that buying a Tobelerone at 45p and letting it dissolve slowly in your mouth when out walking admiring the countryside is on my list .........

Tabitha
15th-January-2006, 12:44 AM
well, ok, missed 37, it is now a number 40!!!

Wendy
15th-January-2006, 01:26 AM
Really enjoying the thread everyone !!!!

Not many boys around.. wonder why ???... maybe they can only think of one thing to do to make them feel good...:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OF COUSRE I MEAN ARGENTINIAN TANGO !!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wxxx

Baruch
15th-January-2006, 01:26 AM
41. Go to the top of a mountain or hill very early in the morning and watch the sun rise.

(I haven't done this often as I'm not a morning person, but when I do it feels great.)

Cruella
15th-January-2006, 02:15 AM
42. Make someone smile.
43. Give someone a compliment or a kind word and see their face light up.

philsmove
15th-January-2006, 02:41 AM
41. Go to the top of a mountain or hill very early in the morning and watch the sun rise.

(I haven't done this often as I'm not a morning person, but when I do it feels great.)

41a
Go up in the evening watch it set AND rise

Preferably Stack Polly at the end of May

Wendy
15th-January-2006, 10:35 AM
OF COUSRE I MEAN ARGENTINIAN TANGO !!!!! It was late.... and my English is getting rusty...:innocent:

Wxxx

PS Saw a really cute film last night called "Je vous trouve tres beau" I know it would cost more than £1 to see it but see it if you can. And Joyeux Noel/Merry Christmas is another one. This should maybe in a "films to see" thread but I like it in here :D

Wendy
15th-January-2006, 10:53 AM
Did this last weekend and it really made me feel GREAT !!! We invited all the neighbours (we live in a small block of flats) in for a glass of mulled wine.

They were all really chuffed to be asked and it went really well. Panther Boy (Graham) made some shortbread (great talking point!!), bought a French galette, which is a traditional cake at this time of year, and made the mulled wine with a couple of bottles of cheap red wine.

They were all really chuffed to be asked and it went really well. One couple has asked us back for drinks and we passed another woman in the street who wouldn't even have known we were her neighbours had we not invited her round.

OK we went over the £1 budget but if you got people to join in with it wouldn't need to cost much. (In fact we felt a bit embarassed cos people brought rather expensive chocolates and wine which we hadn't expected ! :eek: )

It was such a good thing to do !!! I'd been feeling pretty isolated for a while and now I feel I have discoverd some lovely neighbours who are only minutes away.

:flower: :cheers: :flower:

Wxxx

LMC
15th-January-2006, 11:39 AM
Is it possible to live far enough from a chip shop in the UK to burn more calories walking there and back than you get from eating the chips?
Well, a 30-minute round trip walk might burn off one chip (as long as it's small). It's the principle that's at stake (steak? steak & chips, hmmmmm... :drool: )

46. Buy a cheapish load of bread and feed it to some ducks

Daisy Chain
15th-January-2006, 05:28 PM
47. Going back to bed with a cup of a coffee and a good book at the weekend because there is no need to leap out of bed and do the normal rush around the house to get ready for work.

Daisy

(An Easily Pleased Little Flower)

Wendy
16th-January-2006, 10:43 AM
48. Open (and consume!) a bottle of wine you have been keeping for something special. Did that with a bottle of Dom Perignon last night ! Magic !!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wxxx

Graham
16th-January-2006, 06:35 PM
49. Go to the boulangerie and buy a fresh baguette still warm from the oven.

50. Nibble the end of a warm baguette as you're carrying it home.

51. Flirt with the waiter in order to get an extra square of chocolate with your café. (I personally haven't tried this but I've seen it done :whistle: )

philsmove
16th-January-2006, 07:40 PM
48. Open (and consume!) a bottle of wine you have been keeping for something special. Did that with a bottle of Dom Perignon last night ! Magic !!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Wxxx
:yeah:

but come on tell were we can get a bottle of Dom Perignon:drool: under a quid

We want to know

Wendy
16th-January-2006, 10:43 PM
:yeah:

but come on tell were we can get a bottle of Dom Perignon:drool: under a quid

We want to know

:blush: :blush: :blush:

ahem..... well, you could argue (where's my lawyer ??????) that it was free cos we already had it... and it cost half what it would have cost in the uk so you could even argue that after buying it we actually MADE money :innocent: And it cost about £30 quid many years ago so if you saved a pound a week for a year you'd easily get a bottle by the end of the year - even at UK prices :waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Wxxx

Wendy
16th-January-2006, 10:47 PM
51. Flirt with the waiter in order to get an extra square of chocolate with your café. (I personally haven't tried this but I've seen it done :whistle: )

Funnily enough I got 2 bits of chocolate today and I never even asked !!!

:waycool: :waycool: :waycool:

Wxxx

Tessalicious
19th-January-2006, 08:16 PM
52. Have a rant at someone who always pisses you off (make sure it is for a legitimate reason and it will feel even better) - only recommended for women, who can use hormones as an excuse if they need to.

53. Finish that thing that has been a millstone round your neck for weeks because you keep putting it off - the feeling of freedom afterwards is fabulous.

Missy D
19th-January-2006, 11:12 PM
37. Next time you pass a fish tank/aquarium, watch for five minutes. Very soothing. Easy if it's your fish tank!

Not a good idea if you are Dee:tears:

dee
19th-January-2006, 11:37 PM
Not a good idea if you are Dee:tears:

But i do have other tanks and i will agree it's really soothing :hug:

LMC
20th-January-2006, 12:34 AM
25. Take all your clothes out of the wardrobe and make a pile of all the things you haven't worn in 2005, if you didn't wear them in a whole year you WILL NOT wear them ever again,

26. Now put them all up on e-bay at 99p each and watch the free market at work.
54. Alternatively, actually use the sack the Sally Ann people put through your door for the purpose intended (instead of as a free kitchen bin liner) and IN TIME for the collection. Rejoice in the glow of virtue and generosity.

52. Have a rant at someone who always pisses you off (make sure it is for a legitimate reason and it will feel even better) - only recommended for women, who can use hormones as an excuse if they need to.
55. Take an excessively long lunch break with someone you just *know* won't think badly of you for being a petty, pathetic, utter b***h, and even better, joins in :waycool: . :hug:

Missy D
20th-January-2006, 08:31 AM
But i do have other tanks and i will agree it's really soothing :hug:

Am i doing something wrong as i looked in my tank last night and didnt get the soothing feeling:sad:

WittyBird
20th-January-2006, 01:06 PM
Am i doing something wrong as i looked in my tank last night and didnt get the soothing feeling:sad:
You need to have fish in it first lovely. :rolleyes:

Daisy Chain
20th-January-2006, 01:07 PM
56. Seeing a girl 20 years your junior with far more cellulite.

Daisy

(A Smug Little Flower)

Gadget
20th-January-2006, 01:43 PM
Neither did I; But blowing it up did give a feeling of satisfaction :)

{die, die, die... aaarg... need more ammo... where the hell did he come from?...:whistle:}