PDA

View Full Version : Harrow Launch Party

Zebra Woman
13th-January-2006, 05:04 PM
The Fox's Den (Harrow Kodak Centre) has been refurbished, and the Launch Party will be on Thursday 26th Jan. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Aussie Simon is teaching.
There will be a Dance With A Stranger Competition .
Freestyle until midnight with 2 DJs.

Plus the Fox is offering free 'rummaging' for all levels (one night only).:eek:

Entry a snip at £7.

So who's coming then?

ZW:flower:

Cruella
13th-January-2006, 05:19 PM
Haven't a clue what a rummage is, :innocent: but as it's free, i'll claim it. Could never resist a bargain!

Dan Hudson
13th-January-2006, 05:26 PM
Or you could always come to the Ceroc Greenwich opening night of

Jongleurs - bow wharf!! :clap: :clap:

Fingers crossed, I will be teaching my first ever beginners class!! :sick: :eek:

And its FREE:worthy:

And the mighty Russell debut on the decks after months of training :D and blagging playlists:devil:

Cruella
13th-January-2006, 05:45 PM
Or you could always come to the Ceroc Greenwich opening night of

Jongleurs - bow wharf!! :clap: :clap:

Fingers crossed, I will be teaching my first ever beginners class!! :sick: :eek:

And its FREE:worthy:

And the mighty Russell debut on the decks after months of training :D and blagging playlists:devil:
Naughty Dan. Hijacking this thread so soon. Are you or Russell offering free rummages too?:innocent:

Dizzy
13th-January-2006, 06:06 PM
Haven't a clue what a rummage is, :innocent: but as it's free, i'll claim it. Could never resist a bargain!

:yeah:

As much as i like Greenwich - it is a bit of a trek to go to and Harrow is 5 minutes away from me :whistle:.

I'll have to find out what the legendery Fox has to offer :worthy: :worthy:.

Dan Hudson
13th-January-2006, 06:32 PM
Naughty Dan. Hijacking this thread so soon. Are you or Russell offering free rummages too?:innocent:

for you? anything:devil:

Kev F
13th-January-2006, 07:07 PM
The Fox's Den (Harrow Kodak Centre).......... Plus the Fox is offering free 'rummaging' for all levels (one night only).:eek:

Is there sexual equality with rummaging from SF?

This is a really great venue and I've had my best dances ever there. It's fantastic in the summer when you can sit out on the lush grass or patio.

I wish the new venue every success.......unless the rummaging is just trying to encourage women only. :cheers:

SilverFox
13th-January-2006, 07:26 PM
Is there sexual equality with rummaging from SF?

This is a really great venue and I've had my best dances ever there. It's fantastic in the summer when you can sit out on the lush grass or patio.

I wish the new venue every success.......unless the rummaging is just trying to encourage women only. :cheers:Good point Kev. Just to clarify, now that the ZSH has officially 'sorted' me as being gay, rummages shall be free and available to members of both sexes.

Naturally if I had it any other way Franco would post some 'legalese' (aka bullsh*t) about the illegality of it....:whistle:

If that's not your bag Kev, perhaps in the event of oversubscription you could assist by offering rummages yourself. :waycool:

foxylady
13th-January-2006, 08:26 PM
Sounds fab - I'll be there - and very much looking forward to the rummage (SF has been promising me one for ages :devil: )

Foxy

Divissima
13th-January-2006, 10:40 PM
Sounds cool! :waycool: Can you point me to a website with more details?

Who could resist the pull of SF and the chance of a rummage?

Limpy Tink
15th-January-2006, 11:12 PM
I will def be there :D

It promises to be a great night, :yeah: however, clearly I am in the minority :confused: - but I will not be taking you up on your kind and generous offer...

.... rummages shall be free and available ...... :eek: :eek:

A dance or two would be my preference from you hun :wink: although I understand you may be too busy to actually get onto the dance floor.:rofl:

.... unless the rummaging is just trying to encourage women only. ......
Does this mean you will be coming too? Please say yes.. :flower: :flower:

Mary
15th-January-2006, 11:48 PM
I hope the launch goes well, but it's going to be Uxbridge for us on Thursday.

M

Missy D
15th-January-2006, 11:57 PM
I will be coming especially if there is some fox rummaging going on:innocent:

Cruella
16th-January-2006, 12:16 AM
A dance or two would be my preference from you hun :wink: although I understand you may be too busy to actually get onto the dance floor.:rofl:

Well if we have to choose between a rummage or a dance:eek: I'm afraid i'd prefer the dance too. But if we get both even better.:D

I wonder if Silverfox has read up on the Trade Description Act? Could cost him if he doesn't deliver:whistle:

Limpy Tink
16th-January-2006, 12:38 AM
I wonder if Silverfox has read up on the Trade Description Act? Could cost him if he doesn't deliver:whistle:

Trust me.... he will have read the small print!!;) and will have a back up plan already in the pipeline.:wink:

Sparkles
16th-January-2006, 10:24 AM
Sounds good to me (and Thursday is the 26th - was confused by the fact the question says 24th for a while, I'm assuming it is Thursday, not Tuesday?).

It's quite a trek for me but new venues are always greatly appreciated, and with any luck it'll be worth the drive every week!

Save me a rummage too :wink:

under par
16th-January-2006, 03:40 PM
Don't know if I mentioned I'll be in Lanzarote playng golf and imbibing the occasional beer to cool down.:waycool: :waycool:

Mrs Par may well participate if she can arrange a lift share. But she's on strict instructions to save any rummaging for me for when I get home.:angry:

Hope the launch goes well SF and I wish Dan and Russell good luck in their venture too.:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: :clap: :clap:

Rhythm King
16th-January-2006, 03:49 PM
I don't know, you bump along with nothing worthwhile happening on a Thursday*, then all of a sudden it's the biggest night of the week, with loads going on. :tears:

R-K

*No, I hadn't forgotten Fulham :devil:

dee
16th-January-2006, 05:12 PM
Plus the Fox is offering free 'rummaging' for all levels (one night only).:eek:

Now how could i resist? count me in :innocent:

Missy D
17th-January-2006, 08:31 AM
Now how could i resist? count me in :innocent:

You might even get an extra rummage as it will also be your birthday week :drool:

TiggsTours
17th-January-2006, 10:26 AM
Where's the option for "I won't be at Harrow, as I'll be hurtling down a red run in the Three Valleys"?

Have fun all, I'll have to come along to the next one.

TheTramp
17th-January-2006, 12:09 PM
Where's the option for "I won't be at Harrow, as I'll be hurtling down a red run in the Three Valleys"?

At 7:30pm in the dark? You're very brave!

Anyhow, stop showing off. You're making me jealous :tears:

David Bailey
17th-January-2006, 01:26 PM
Where's the option for "I won't be at Harrow, as I'll be hurtling down a red run in the Three Valleys"?.
Yeah, and what about the option for "I'll be doing the intermediate ( :eek: ) tango class at artsdepot" ?

Missy D
17th-January-2006, 01:31 PM
Yeah, and what about the option for "I'll be doing the intermediate ( :eek: ) tango class at artsdepot" ?

Oh poo does it start next week! I was going to have another go:tears:

Oh well will have to wait til the next one as cannot miss sis birthday and a rummage with the fox.

David Bailey
17th-January-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh poo does it start next week! I was going to have another go:tears:
:rofl: Is there a term for someone who keeps on promising to do Tango Real Soon Now? :whistle:

"Tango Tease"? Actually, no, that's pretty much a description of people who do dance AT... :innocent:

Missy D
17th-January-2006, 07:38 PM
:rofl: Is there a term for someone who keeps on promising to do Tango Real Soon Now? :whistle:

"Tango Tease"? Actually, no, that's pretty much a description of people who do dance AT... :innocent:

Listen here matey I did the tango course last year and hurt my hamstring. I wanted to go last night but how could i resist seeing Adam and Drathzel at Finchley. I will start tango but it takes 2:wink: Maybe the foxy one will start having tango classes at his venue then I could have a descreet rummage (opps hope that dont count as tone lowering) the same time as learning this beautiful dance.

David Bailey
17th-January-2006, 08:10 PM
I wanted to go last night but how could i resist seeing Adam
:what: :rofl: Well, it is tough, I barely managed it myself. :na:

and Drathzel
Ahh, now you're talking :drool:

I will start tango but it takes 2:wink: .
Errr, there are two forum guys starting Tango, both living within about 1 mile of you - admittedly, we've kept it quiet, hoping no-one would notice, perhaps we should have started a thread or something.

(Only teasing :flower: )

Missy D
17th-January-2006, 09:18 PM
l:

Errr, there are two forum guys starting Tango, both living within about 1 mile of you - admittedly, we've kept it quiet, hoping no-one would notice, perhaps we should have started a thread or something.

(Only teasing :flower: )

Really! Who?

David Bailey
17th-January-2006, 10:29 PM
Really! Who?
Oh God, not again... :sick: :na:

Missy D
17th-January-2006, 11:03 PM
Oh God, not again... :sick: :na:

Duur just remembered who the men are:blush: :rofl:

WittyBird
18th-January-2006, 01:36 AM
Duur just remembered who the men are:blush: :rofl:
that is the funniest thing I have read this evening :rofl:

David Bailey
19th-January-2006, 10:36 AM
Just looked at the poll results... I'd definitely recommend planning for a double-trouble class :rofl:

Cruella
21st-January-2006, 12:30 PM
Just looked at the poll results... I'd definitely recommend planning for a double-trouble class :rofl:
Silverfox has sorted this by 'accidently' delivering some of the promised rummages in advance. :blush: So there is now no need for some of the ladies to turn up on the night. :whistle:

David Bailey
21st-January-2006, 01:22 PM
Silverfox has sorted this by 'accidently' delivering some of the promised rummages in advance. :blush: So there is now no need for some of the ladies to turn up on the night. :whistle:
That's so much more information than I ever wanted to know. :eek:

Seriously, I wonder what we'd think if all this stuff were being said about a woman?

Missy D
21st-January-2006, 01:25 PM
That's so much more information than I ever wanted to know. :eek:

Seriously, I wonder what we'd think if all this stuff were being said about a woman?

Dee said bring it on!!:eek: (she is at mine today)!

WittyBird
21st-January-2006, 01:26 PM
Dee said bring it on!!:eek: (she is at mine today)!
Photo's :whistle:

Missy D
21st-January-2006, 01:33 PM
Photo's :whistle:

We are waiting young lady!

Cruella
21st-January-2006, 01:36 PM
I'd think exactly the same as i think of Silverfox, Tart! :devil:

WittyBird
21st-January-2006, 01:37 PM
I wonder who this is?

David Bailey
21st-January-2006, 01:41 PM
I'd think exactly the same as i think of Silverfox, Tart! :devil:
Blimey, I'm just saying - give the guy a bit of a break, and maybe talk about how lovely the venue will be?

Coz, frankly, that's likely to get more interest, and help the business more.

Cruella
21st-January-2006, 02:05 PM
Blimey, I'm just saying - give the guy a bit of a break,
IMO he laps up all the attention, if he wants to tell us to give him a break, we will respect his wishes. (It is after all just friendly banter)

and maybe talk about how lovely the venue will be?

Coz, frankly, that's likely to get more interest, and help the business more.I agree that would be beneficial to help get some more men in. So if we say how lovely the venue is, what a great floor it has, Simon teaching will be a real treat and fab music from two great DJ's does that mean you are now going to forgoe washing your bush (cos it's obvious you ain't trimming your hair :whistle: ) and come on thursday?

David Bailey
21st-January-2006, 02:42 PM
I agree that would be beneficial to help get some more men in. So if we say how lovely the venue is, what a great floor it has, Simon teaching will be a real treat and fab music from two great DJ's does that mean you are now going to forgoe washing your bush (cos it's obvious you ain't trimming your hair :whistle: ) and come on thursday?
As I said upthread, there's no "I'm learning proper dancing, at a Tango class" ( :na: ) option, so I took that one.

I'll not comment on the other stuff, as I'm making a weekend resolution to be nice.
It'll probably last till about 5pm I reckon.

Zebra Woman
21st-January-2006, 02:43 PM
(cos it's obvious you ain't trimming your hair :whistle: )

Oh er....very cutting

Cruella
21st-January-2006, 02:46 PM
As I said upthread, there's no "I'm learning proper dancing, at a Tango class" ( :na: ) option, so I took that one.

I'll not comment on the other stuff, as I'm making a weekend resolution to be nice.
It'll probably last till about 5pm I reckon.
In that case i'll log back on at 5.01pm to hear your comments.:devil:

David Bailey
21st-January-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh er....very cutting
Nice... Nice... Nice... 5pm....

Missy D
22nd-January-2006, 12:10 PM
I wonder who this is?

I was just helping the silver one do his shoe laces up:innocent:

David Bailey
22nd-January-2006, 07:34 PM
I agree that would be beneficial to help get some more men in. So if we say how lovely the venue is, what a great floor it has, Simon teaching will be a real treat and fab music from two great DJ's
Just to clarify, that's Simon Borland, yes? Too many Simon's... Is he teaching there regularly from now on?

And also, is that 2 rooms, or 2 DJs one after the other? And who are they?

There some event details here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/news.htm) and venue details here (http://www.ceroclondon.com/stanmore.htm), but they don't give much of a flavour for the event / venue.

I've been once, Jo dragged me along, it's a nice venue as I recall, although a bit far me - but there's not much on Thursdays now, so it'll be nice to see it succeed, giving some more places to dance at in future in North London.

based on the current poll, I'm thinking "Men get in for free" would be a good incentive at the moment too :whistle:

SilverFox
22nd-January-2006, 08:12 PM
Yep, it's Simon Borland on stage teaching along with Jo Cooper. Jo is the regular teacher and there will be monthly guest teachers offering a wider taste of dance styles.

Only one room DJ with 2 DJs (Bob and Latin Ian sharing all night)

A flavour of the evening?........ Hmmmm.....Hot chocolate fudge. :yum:

Free entry to men? :eek: With all those delicious ladies in attendance I should be charging men double. :devil:

The poll isn't representative of the gender ratio actually going. There is a veritable smorgasbord of male talent going too. :waycool:

Trust me! :innocent:

El Salsero Gringo
23rd-January-2006, 12:47 AM
Well, I can contain myself no longer. I am going to Harrow to be sorted by The Hat on Thursday, and I am excited.

Oh yes.

Tessalicious
23rd-January-2006, 01:45 AM
I am going to Harrow to be sorted by The Hat on ThursdayAnd I'm nervously dreading the results :what: - and won't even be there to witness The Sorting (I'll be helping out at the new Jive Bar beginners' night).

But even though I won't be there in body I'll be there in spirit - hope the launch goes well for you Mr Fox.

under par
23rd-January-2006, 08:22 AM
Well, I can contain myself no longer. I am going to Harrow to be sorted by The Hat on Thursday, and I am excited.

Oh yes.

Good luck ESG.

No I am not suggesting you need any luck.......

but 80% said I was NOT gay phew!

under par
23rd-January-2006, 08:25 AM
But even though I won't be there in body I'll be there in spirit - hope the launch goes well for you Mr Fox.

Me too MR Fox (I will be in Lanzarote, have I mentioned my holiday yet I'll be playing golf:drool: ) hope you have a great opening night and continued success:clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers:

jacksondonut
24th-January-2006, 05:02 PM
Counting the days till Thursday!!

Looking forward to meeting some more lovely Forumites :clap: :clap:

Am travelling down with ZW, Cruella, Rebecca, Captain Fantastic, Karen and REALLY cant wait...:clap:

Roll on Thursday.!!!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Janx

Zebra Woman
25th-January-2006, 06:12 PM

Oh yes.

Excellent news ESG, I'm excited too.

Cruella
25th-January-2006, 11:29 PM
Counting the days till Thursday!!

Looking forward to meeting some more lovely Forumites :clap: :clap:

Am travelling down with ZW, Cruella, Rebecca, Captain Fantastic, Karen and REALLY cant wait...:clap:

Roll on Thursday.!!!!

:cheers: :cheers:

Janx
Lucky old Dan eh! Stuck in a car with 5 women, good job he's not easily shocked.:rolleyes:

Missy D
26th-January-2006, 10:08 AM
So looking forward to the rummaging tonight:drool:

Got sis a lovely cake for tonight. Its her birthday in a few days and where better to celebrate than in the Foxys Den.

See you all tonight!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

jacksondonut
26th-January-2006, 12:06 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like tonight is gonna be loads of fun.. all excited.. and lets hope that Mr Fox has taken all his vitamins today... looks like he may need them.. :devil:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

See you all later.
Jan
:cheers:

dee
26th-January-2006, 02:04 PM
Im looking forward to tonight too :clap: can't wait for my rummage. Looking forward to meeting you Jacksondonut :flower:

See you all later xx

WittyBird
26th-January-2006, 04:15 PM
See you all later xx

Yeeehaaaaaaaaaa :whistle:
Witty in silly mood today :rofl: cy'all laters :worthy:

Tazmanian Devil
26th-January-2006, 05:33 PM
I'm coming
Cannot miss out on the rummage now can I :yum:

Dan I am so sorry. Needs must :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: Will come to Bow next week. :flower:

jacksondonut
27th-January-2006, 10:05 AM
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Just a great big THANK YOU to all the fabulous forumites I met last night... what a terrific bunch!!

I had a lovely time and enjoyed all my dances.. Sheepman, Groovy Dancer, Spice and Easy, ECG, Sparkles, and even managed to grab hold of the Fox's tail at the end of the night..!! so many other new faces, it was fab.. thanks one and all :clap: :clap:

Not forgetting the lovely ladies, so many friendly faces.. hope to see you all again soon.:yeah:

Finally, thankyou Mr. Fox for making it happen!
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Missy D
27th-January-2006, 10:21 AM
[QUOTE=jacksondonut]:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Just a great big THANK YOU to all the fabulous forumites I met last night... what a terrific bunch!!

I cant remember when i enjoyed myself so much.

Good to meet Jacksondoughnut you are so on our level:rofl: :rofl:

A big thank you to Captain Fantastic for being my wonderful dance partner in the DWAS competition:clap: :drool:

Thank you to Bob and Ian who played brilliant music all night:worthy: :worthy:

And a huge thank you to Foxy for putting on such a great night!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hug: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

oh and did anyone see me having some Silverfox between my thighs last night:whistle: time for a cold shower

Msfab
27th-January-2006, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know who won the DWAS last night?

I had to leave early

El Salsero Gringo
27th-January-2006, 10:53 AM
ECGplip plip ..... plip plip ..... plip plip

El Salsero Gringo
27th-January-2006, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know who won the DWAS last night?

I had to leave earlyMike.

Msfab
27th-January-2006, 10:55 AM
Mike.

Mike who?

El Salsero Gringo
27th-January-2006, 11:00 AM
Mike who?Just Mike.

David Bailey
27th-January-2006, 11:01 AM
Just Mike.
:rofl:
By himself? Impressive...

Missy D
27th-January-2006, 12:26 PM
Mike who?

Mike Rosa not sure who the lady was but heard she was very good.

Dizzy
27th-January-2006, 12:46 PM
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

I had a lovely time and enjoyed all my dances and even managed to grab hold of the Fox's tail at the end of the night..!! so many other new faces, it was fab.. thanks one and all :clap: :clap:

Not forgetting the lovely ladies, so many friendly faces.. hope to see you all again soon.:yeah:

Finally, thankyou Mr. Fox for making it happen!
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

I had such a great time last night!!! :clap: :clap:

Good to see so many forumites putting in the effort to join the gathering!! :flower: :clap:

Special thank you to Dale for being my DWAS partner :hug: :flower:

Thanks to Vince for putting on such a great show!!!! :worthy: :clap:

WittyBird
27th-January-2006, 01:11 PM
I had a great night. Lovely to meet Jacksondonut :flower: We expect you to come down more now! Oh and thanks for letting me follow you to the M1, I would never have found it on my own :eek:

Had some great dances. My DWAS partner was :drool: another favourite dancer now to add to the list :rofl:

Well done SF on making it a fabulous evening.

A quote from Miss Conduct...... ' I'm gonna suck it all night' :rofl: Infact there were more than a few amusing tone lowering things done and said last night, but I wouldn't dream of repeating all of them :blush:

Limpy Tink
27th-January-2006, 01:28 PM
Mike Rosa not sure who the lady was but heard she was very good.

Dale's dance partner - not sure of her name though. Great entertainment.:worthy:

:clap: :clap: :clap: Great night Vincey!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great to see so many people there - and some fabulous dancers.:drool: Lovely to see Linda (obviously blooming) still "shaking her a$s" so well at 20 weeks.

Nice to put a face to a name Jacksondonut and sorry I didnt get a chance to dance with ECG (LMAO!!)

Fab venue - Im not sure what happened to the bar - I think it is morphing into a bar!!;) but clearly Simon (Boreland) doesnt need a stage to teach, as he loves being the centre of attention, in the middle of the floor :wink: He and Jo did a great job. I really like the opening doors onto the grounds, lovely in the Summer - just a tad cold to spend more than just a few minutes outside last night. ;)

Thanks again - I loved it. :hug: :hug:

Limpy Tink
27th-January-2006, 01:46 PM
PS...

I loved the sweets too - but I cant suck mine for as long as MIss Conduct:wink: (I think she had hers all night) :hug:

Lory
27th-January-2006, 01:47 PM
I'm so glad it all went well and everyone had a fab time :clap: :clap: just sorry I couldn't be there! :flower:

Vince, I wish you every success with it for the future hun! :hug:

Rebecca
27th-January-2006, 02:19 PM
[QUOTE=Limpy Tink]Dale's dance partner - not sure of her name though. Great entertainment[QUOTE]

She was great. I was taking photos from the sidelines (sorry if it distracted anybody), and she really went for it! :clap: Only a few have the guts (and ability) to go all out to 'all that jazz'. They thoroughly deserved to win IMO :worthy:

Zebra Woman
27th-January-2006, 02:23 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: That was a great night!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well done SF for making it happen, and managing to dance and enjoy it too, even down to enjoying the the clearing up (with a little help from Missy D :rofl: ). I hope you cleaned up that wet patch on the floor :really: .

It was all there - two super classes from Jo and Simon and Simon and Jo :worthy:, nice floor, friendly locals, and great music from Bob and Ian, well organised DWAS competition. Big thanks to Dirty D for being my fab DWAS partner. :hug: .

I have only just realised that Taz wanted to be sorted by the ZSH, sorry Taz. I'll do you next time. I was lucky enough to get a dance with ECG :rofl: , but he slipped away before I'd had chance to sort him :tears: . Next time.

Very amusing car journey as ever, thanks Jan x

ECG! :rofl:

I like that

WZ

Groovy Dancer
27th-January-2006, 02:31 PM

I had such a great time last night!!! :clap: :clap:

Special thank you to Dale for being my DWAS partner :hug: :flower:

No..Thank you:worthy: for being my dance partner, I had a great time.:D :clap: :hug: :whistle:

dee
27th-January-2006, 02:52 PM
[QUOTE=Limpy Tink]Dale's dance partner - not sure of her name though. Great entertainment[QUOTE]

She was great. I was taking photos from the sidelines (sorry if it distracted anybody), and she really went for it! :clap: Only a few have the guts (and ability) to go all out to 'all that jazz'. They thoroughly deserved to win IMO :worthy:

Im confused was it "Mikes dance partner we are talking about? she was just really fab and did deserve to win.

I had such a fab night :clap: even if i didn't get through to the final on the DWAS, i thought we were having a warm up, next thing i know it was the real thing :eek: Thanks to all the lovely forumites i danced with and Jacksondonut i love you, i have not laughed like that in ages :flower: well done Foxy for such a great evening it was one of the best i had :hug:

Was also lovely to have my friends help celebrate my birthday (not til next week) and have a special birthday dance with the fox himself :drool: :worthy:
sorry to all of those that went early and missed out on birthday cake :flower: Dawn it's my turn next to have some fox between my thights :yum:

jacksondonut
27th-January-2006, 03:35 PM
Thanks to all the lovely forumites i danced with and Jacksondonut i love you, i have not laughed like that in ages :flower: well done Foxy for such a great evening it was one of the best i had :hug:

Dawn it's my turn next to have some fox between my thights :yum:

:wink: :wink: :D
Love ya too honey, youre terrific!! :hug: :hug:

Is thights a cross between thighs and tights.. ???? think I will get me some of those..:devil: maybe I will catch a fox! :yeah:

:cheers:

Spice 'n' Easy
27th-January-2006, 03:39 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: What a great night - Well done SF :clap: :clap: :clap:

Just wanted to say thanks to Simon and Jo for a fun series of classes. Also thanks to all those fab dancers i danced with :worthy: and apologises to those that i couldn't get round to :blush: :flower:

I'm not sure what happened to my first DWAS dance partner. We made it to the final but then she said that the person she was getting a lift home with was tired and wanted to go, so she had to go :eek:

Anyways no matter. Thanks to the one who did step in, whoever you are, and although thoroughly nervous about the whole thing managed to put up with me through those last two dances.

Cheers SF and good luck with your new venue :cheers:

jacksondonut
27th-January-2006, 03:40 PM
plip plip ..... plip plip ..... plip plip

Well, it was either ECG, ESP or TCP!! Just joking!! got it wrong in the car home and made the girls (and Dan) laugh, glad to see you are on the ball and spotted my typo.. and that in real life, you are young enough not to need a heart monitor...(cute too)!! It was me that nearly had heart failure :innocent:

:flower: lovely surprise.. thanks for the dance :flower: :flower:

Icey
27th-January-2006, 04:24 PM
I had a great evening, SF it was a good'un!

Lovely to meet you JacksonDonut and to see the girls again in their tone lowering element - WittyBird, MissyD and Birthday girl Dee. And of course to see the boys too - ECG (I love this, I think it should stay for a while), Capt Fantastic and lots of others that I didn't get to dance with, perhaps next time.

Best bits for me - Cruella running scared :rofl:, a chance to take a break and watch ZW and Sparkles and watching Taz lead Mr Darcy, the intense concentration on his face :)

Miss Conduct
27th-January-2006, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=WittyBird]

A quote from Miss Conduct...... ' I'm gonna suck it all night' :rofl:

Who me? Did I say that? :innocent:

WittyBird
27th-January-2006, 04:32 PM
Who me? Did I say that? :innocent:

And a few other things....

'It's not getting any bigger' - ring a bell? :rofl:

Tessalicious
27th-January-2006, 04:38 PM
...ECG...:rofl: :cheers:

I thought ECGs were supposed to detect heart flutters, not cause them...
:blush:

Minnie M
27th-January-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm so glad it all went well and everyone had a fab time :clap: :clap: just sorry I couldn't be there! :flower:

:yeah: me too :yeah:

Rhythm King
27th-January-2006, 04:52 PM

:yeah: but less the hugs and huns obviously (in a deep manly voice!) I'm still waiting the results of my recent ZSH sorting... :whistle:

Miss Conduct
27th-January-2006, 04:58 PM
PS...

I loved the sweets too - but I cant suck mine for as long as MIss Conduct:wink: (I think she had hers all night) :hug:

Phew.... Thanks for putting that into context. Wouldn't want people getting the wrong idea...:whistle:

Great evening, add my thanks to the long list SF. Only thing now is how are you going to follow that one!!!?

jacksondonut
27th-January-2006, 06:17 PM
I had a great night. Lovely to meet Jacksondonut :flower: We expect you to come down more now! Oh and thanks for letting me follow you to the M1, I would never have found it on my own :eek:

My pleasure WB, just hope you didnt notice the ****-up just before I headed down the M1... nearly missed the turn off :eek: :eek: Wasnt sure which way to go, but luckily Miss Conduct had stopped sucking (her sweetie of course) long enough, to guide me in the right direction, bless her!! :flower: Thanks for that.

Great to meet you at last.
:hug: :hug:

Cruella
27th-January-2006, 07:18 PM
Best bits for me - Cruella running scared :rofl:
Me scared, never.:innocent: I definately don't believe in the saying third time lucky anymore.:sick: He even followed me to the bar! I pretended i was looking for someone:innocent:

SilverFox
27th-January-2006, 07:26 PM
A huge thank you to everyone who came along to support me last night and also to those who posted/sent me such kind messages. :hug::clap: :hug::clap: :hug:

It was such a thrill to see so many lovely forumites last night and will certainly be a tough act to follow.

The standard of dancing - and judging - in the DWAS was mind blowing. :worthy: :worthy:

Again, heartfelt thanks to you all. It really means a lot. :flower:

Vince

Missy D
27th-January-2006, 08:28 PM
So can we now officially call this place the 'Foxys Den'?:flower:

Tazmanian Devil
27th-January-2006, 09:25 PM
Just Mike.
And to think that was the first competition he had ever entered. The bugger :flower:

watching Taz lead Mr Darcy, the intense concentration on his face :) .
:worthy: :worthy: Wonderful dance even if he didn't smile :worthy: :worthy:
Thank you Mr Darcy

Me scared, never.:innocent: I definately don't believe in the saying third time lucky anymore.:innocent: He even followed me to the bar! I pretended i was looking for someone:innocent:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Third time was definately not lucky for either of us. and there was me thinking how about this for pot luck when I got DirtyD with my raffle ticket:o It's all good fun though :clap:

Thank you for the lovely dance Icey, WB, Dee (At last) ESG etc etc too many to mention but all were great.
Even the spanish dance with the man stamping his feet at me :eek: and Yes Dee I did see you smiling :D

lindyloo
27th-January-2006, 10:08 PM
Well done SF,a great night, a high standard of dancing, the competition was actually very tough to judge. Really nice crowd and very well organised. I had a great time and some nice dances, though not as many as I wanted to have as I get knackered these days!

Good music from Bob and Ian.

And you looked nearly as gorgeous as Joanne.

I'm sure with your following & popularity, organisational abilities, enthusiasm and the great team you have, the Fox's Den is going to be an enormous success
xxxx

Limpy Tink
28th-January-2006, 09:57 PM
Again, heartfelt thanks to you all. It really means a lot. :flower:

Vince

....Be carefull hun... some folks may get to think you actually do have a heart :wink: and genuinely mean that (and we wouldn't want to ruin all that hard work you have done building up your shallow, couldn't give a to$$ attitude - now would we!!:whistle: )

:hug:

Limpy Tink
28th-January-2006, 10:57 PM
I was lucky enough to get a dance with ECG .... but he slipped away before I'd had chance to sort him :tears: .

...shocking once..... :eek: shocking twice..... :eek: OK we have a rhythm - he is back with us!! :wink:

Phew - he lives to be "sorted" another day.

sorry to all of those that went early and missed out on birthday cake....

You mean I missed cake??!!:tears:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-January-2006, 12:38 PM
You mean I missed cake??!!:tears:
Ahh yes it was lovely and chocolate. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Missy D please tell me where this lovely cake was purchased

jacksondonut
29th-January-2006, 02:36 PM
Yes, It was yummy...:drool: :drool: :drool:

Just what you need at the end of a long night's dancing!! Im sure my son would love one for his birthday in two weeks....

:clap: :clap:

Missy D
29th-January-2006, 05:25 PM
Ahh yes it was lovely and chocolate. :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Missy D please tell me where this lovely cake was purchased

Mark and Spencers! They have such yummy cakes :drool: :drool:

Tazmanian Devil
29th-January-2006, 07:37 PM
Mark and Spencers! They have such yummy cakes :drool: :drool:
Thank you. :clap: :kiss: :hug: