PDA

View Full Version : Midsummer Beach Ballroom Party

Marlene
12th-February-2003, 09:21 PM
Brilliant Franck!!! Thank you

Everyone I spoke to on Saturday said how great it would be to dance at the Ballroom again, especially since that is what it was built for. It is a most brilliant dancefloor and an absolute joy to dance there. A very memorable evening. I'm looking forward to the next one already. A bit of Midsummer Madness!!:D

Marlene

Heather
12th-February-2003, 10:23 PM
:D Don't you mean 'Midsummer MAdness'???
Can't wait, looking forward to it already!!!!!!:wink: I reckon the MAd Crew will all be there!!
:kiss:
Heather.

TheTramp
13th-February-2003, 01:55 AM
And all the honourary members of the MAd crew too :)

Steve

Jayne
13th-February-2003, 09:35 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears:

I'd already planned a weekend away that weekend so I won't make it.... :sad:

J :tears:

TheTramp
13th-February-2003, 10:28 AM
Jayne

Does the word 'cancel' spring to mind??

Steve

Jayne
13th-February-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by TheTramp
Jayne

Does the word 'cancel' spring to mind??

Steve

hmmm going back into addiction territory there, Tramp...

We're heading up north to camp on a beach for the weekend. Last time I did it it was the most memorable weekend I've ever had (this place is sooo beautiful) so if it was anywhere else yes I'd consider cancelling, but not here. I've tried to attach a photo but not sure if it'll work...

J :nice:

TheTramp
13th-February-2003, 10:40 AM
Is there anything wrong with a spot of addiction??

Maybe cancel was the wrong word then. How about 're-arrange'. Since the beach will be there every weekend, but the dancing won't.

Anyhow, I have it on good authority that the weather 'up north' will be lousy on the weekend of the 21st June! Honest :wink:

Steve

Jayne
13th-February-2003, 10:46 AM
Hi T,

The point is that we go for the summer equinox - it doesn't get dark (dusky yes but not dark). We were initially thinking of going the following weekend but I've got tickets for Robbie Williams then... (yep, my diary's filling up four/five months in advance...) It'll be a minibus of us who are going so rearranging is slightly more complicated...

J *sigh*

TheTramp
13th-February-2003, 10:48 AM
Ah.

Okie then, we'll try not to miss you too much. And at least I won't get into trouble with Sal this time!! :D

Steve

Franck
13th-February-2003, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Marlene
Brilliant Franck!!! Thank you

Everyone I spoke to on Saturday said how great it would be to dance at the Ballroom again, especially since that is what it was built for. It is a most brilliant dancefloor and an absolute joy to dance there. A very memorable evening. I'm looking forward to the next one already. A bit of Midsummer Madness!!:D You're welcome Marlene :nice:

The dance floor and general atmosphere are just too good to miss out on!

I am fleshing out the plans for the MAdSummer Party, and all I can say is that it will be even better than the last one! More dancing. Party 'til 2.00am in the morning, and then in the Patio Hotel for all visitors staying over :D
As it will indeed be Mid-Summer's night, I am looking into more little surprises to spice up the night... Definitely un-missable... Jayne, sorry you won't be there, but you are doing the right thing... Watching the sun set / rise on a beach such as the one on the photo with friends, has to be more magical than any Ceroc party :wink: and don't worry, we will be back (again) at the Beach Ballroom before the end of the year!

Franck.

Gadget
13th-February-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Franck
<-> I am looking into more little surprises to spice up the night...
Just a thought; there is a massive stage - why not utilise it... I would think that sights like the tramp dancing with you, bill and brady (?) deserve a spotlight place - sort of like a dancing form of Karaoke.

Franck
13th-February-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Gadget
deserve a spotlight place - sort of like a dancing form of Karaoke. Is that the show-off inside you talking Gadget??? :D :D

I did say I wanted to spice up the night, not put people off :wink:

Having said that, I have been thinking of inviting some of the Blackpool / Ceroc Champs Cabaret / Showcase / Advanced winners to do a display for either the MAdSummer party or the Big night in Perth in August, so watch this space!

Franck.

Heather
14th-February-2003, 01:15 AM
:wink: :wink: You never know Franck, you may get a few more 'surprises' than you had bargained for!!!!!:wink: :wink:
Say no more!!!! You never can tell just what the MAd Crew might have up their sleeve!!!!(or short skirts, for that matter!!!!)
Who mentioned alphabet knickers? Not us!!!!!:wink:
Heather
XX

Franck
19th-May-2003, 11:31 AM
So here we are, tickets are now on sale for the Beach Ballroom Midsummer party... We already sold a subtantial number at the Aberdeen Party on Saturday, so if you are planning on going, don't delay any further.

Tickets should be available at Aberdeen, Perth and Glasgow venues. You can also buy tickets directly from me at the office by sending me an email.

The MidSummer Party will first and foremost, be a pure dancing extravaganza, on the best sprung dance floor in the UK!!!
There will be no special theme, to allow you to wear your best gear :D

Adam Nathanson will be teaching a guest class, and as promised, the night will hold a few surprises.

The night has been extended to 2.00am, to satisfy the diehards amongst us, and the plan is to go for a walk on the beach after the night, to see the sun rise (weather permitting :D :waycool: )

To make it an even madder week-end, Adam will be teaching 2 Style workshops:

Saturday 21st June 10.30am - 3.30pm:
Dirty dancing. (Numbers limited, no need to book with a partner)
Sunday 22nd June 10.30am - 3.30pm:
Musical Interpretation. (Numbers limited, no need to book with a partner)

Tickets for the party are £10.00 and will almost certainly sell out, so don't delay :nice:
Each workshop is £25.00, but you can book a Style Special deal, for £50.00 for both workshops and the party. :waycool:

Finally, for anyone travelling to Aberdeen for the week-end, the best place to stay is the Patio Hotel, which is literally round the corner of the Beach Ballroom, and offers a very good week-end deal (£26.50 per person B&B, based on 2 people sharing a room), simply quote their week-end deal, as seen on Scotland on Sunday newspaper. More info on their website:
Patiohotels.com (http://www.patiohotels.com/)
Note, advance booking is a good idea as many people will want to stay there that week-end!

Franck.

TheTramp
19th-May-2003, 11:41 AM
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Steve

Chicklet
19th-May-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
:tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Steve

ditto.

bloody Tuscan bloody Villas only bloody available that bloody week.

not happy.:sad: :sad:

Franck
20th-May-2003, 10:47 AM
Saturday 21st June 10.30am - 3.30pm:
Dirty dancing. (Numbers limited, no need to book with a partner)
Sunday 22nd June 10.30am - 3.30pm:
Musical Interpretation. (Numbers limited, no need to book with a partner) Forgot to mention that the workshops also include a buffet lunch, to save time and give everyone more time to relax between the 2 sessions. Buffet lunch is now included in the price of the workshops... :nice:

Quick update, it looks like we have almost sold out on the workshops, so if you have not put your name down yet, be sure to do so very soon...

Franck.

Marlene
20th-May-2003, 11:03 AM
What a feast of dancing!! And did I hear someone mention a beach party on the Sat night, after The Party? It could be a superb sunrise party or a complete wash out, depending on the weather! Well I guess a paddle in the sea would help to cool the feet down after all that dancing!!

Is it really the best sprung dancefloor in the UK? How lucky are we?:grin:

Tiggerbabe
20th-May-2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Marlene
How lucky are we?:grin:

Very lucky :D :D Really looking forward to the whole weekend - only a month to go :waycool:

Emma
20th-May-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Sheena
only a month to go :waycool:
*Does a little dance*

Franck
6th-June-2003, 11:07 AM
Just a quick update on the MidSummer week-end... Both workshops are now full (only 1 or 2 spaces for men left on the Sunday workshop) and tickets for the party are almost sold out too.. At time of posting, there are about 20 tickets left in Glasgow, Sheena has 5/6 in Dundee and only 20 or so in Aberdeen, so if you haven't already got your ticket, now is the time to get it... remember, no tickets will be sold on the night.

Looking forward to it all :D :D :D

Franck.

P.S. Remember to bring a warm top / jacket for the Sunrise Beach walk after the dance :waycool:

Sandy
6th-June-2003, 12:20 PM
Very lucky :D :D Really looking forward to the whole weekend - only a month to go :waycool:

So excited about a whole weekend of dancing and what about that workshop "Dirty Dancing"! oh boy:yum:

Catch up with all you MAd crew and more!

Fancy the beach walk after, sounds like great fun whatever the weather!

Tiggerbabe
7th-June-2003, 01:44 AM

P.S. Remember to bring a warm top / jacket for the Sunrise Beach walk after the dance :waycool:

Aw, jeez louise Franck!

Don't tell me you want me to bring more than one top to the party!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :wink:

Originally posted by Sandy Catch up with all you MAd crew and more!

Well, you were posted missing at the last Aberdeen party Sandy -so looking forward to seeing you this time
:D

p.s. Only 14 days to go now.....................

Dance Demon
7th-June-2003, 02:03 AM
Mrs Demon an' me are making the trip up on 21st...loking forward to loads of loveley dances on the superb sprung floor..and to the Sunday workshop:waycool:

Sandy
7th-June-2003, 10:29 AM

Well, you were posted missing at the last Aberdeen party Sandy -so looking forward to seeing you this time
:D

Hi Sheena, I hated missing that one but will more than make up for it with this one!

How will I last the pace I wonder! Dancing Saturday daytime, night-time and Sunday daytime! plus walk on beach, wowwowowow! Better get the wheelchair looked out!

:hug:

Sandy x

Tiggerbabe
7th-June-2003, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Sandy

How will I last the pace I wonder!
Sandy x

Well, I suspect we might all be hyper by then anyway :wink: - but might I suggest you try the time-honoured duo of Red Bull and Expresso (works for Franck :D )

Any chance of a dance for me DD? *puppy dog eyes* Look forward to seeing you and Irene there.

Dance Demon
7th-June-2003, 12:01 PM

Any chance of a dance for me DD? *puppy dog eyes* Look forward to seeing you and Irene there.

Ach...always been a sucker for puppy dog eyes:hug: ....you can have a dance for every change of outfit:D .....wait a minute,..will I get to dance with anyone else then...:wink:

Heather
7th-June-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
.you can have a dance for every change of outfit:D .....wait a minute,..will I get to dance with anyone else then...:wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And if you give Melanie a dance every time SHE changes her outfit, I doubt very much whether you will get a dance with anyone else all night!!!!!

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
XX

linda
8th-June-2003, 02:43 PM
P.S. Remember to bring a warmtop/jacket for the Sunrise Beach walk after the dance

What Franck? No 'cosy' suits for the boys on the beach!!!:wink: :wink:

Linda

Dreadful Scathe
20th-June-2003, 12:02 PM
Can someone teach me the "Dirty Dancing" moves at some point during the evening on Saturday? :)

Sandy
20th-June-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
Can someone teach me the "Dirty Dancing" moves at some point during the evening on Saturday? :)

I really really hope to be putting them into action during most of the night DS so have a peek! Must introduce ourselves first of course cos we have never met (don't think???).

Can't wait:wink: :drool:

Sandy

Dreadful Scathe
20th-June-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Sandy
Must introduce ourselves first of course cos we have never met (don't think???).

thanks for forgetting :D we danced the night i was demo dancer for Lisa a few months ago!!

Dance Demon
22nd-June-2003, 07:45 PM
Just back from Aberdeen.......good party Franck, in a superb venue. Lots of nice touches,...sweets on the tables, and the ice cream just hit the spot..and emptied the dancefloor:rofl:
Didn't make the beach walk, Mrs Demon & me were too knackered.Thanks Sheena,Heather et al for some fab dances.
Wow.....what an absolutely fantastic workshop( sunday):waycool: Adam and Mandy were excellent, and this was probably one of the best dance workshops I have attended. Great fun and very informative. Made me rethink my whole outlook on music & dance. a very enjoyable weekend:D :waycool: :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
22nd-June-2003, 08:57 PM
Wow! Franck. Have to agree with DD - what a brilliant weekend it has been. :D .
Both of the workshops with Adam and Mandy were absolutely fantastic. Definitely the best I've been on - they are great teachers, not to mention incredible dancers :drool: (totally in awe of Mandy dancing all day on Saturday and then doing the class at the party at night - considering she's five months pregnant).
The Beach Ballroom is such a good venue and I agree the sweets and the ice-cream were greatly appreciated. It was also great to see the bar staff being so attentive, walking round the tables taking away the empty water jugs before leaving full ones (with ice!) (water supplied free of charge) :D
I thought it was brill that Adam stayed at the party until 2 am and then came along the beach for the walk and "picnic".

Thanks to everyone for all of the dances - great to see so many people from the forum - especially Des and Emma who had both travelled up from London :hug:

I thought the music was great Franck - can't wait to dance with Bill to the "Offspring" the next time I'm in Aberdeen :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-June-2003, 09:34 PM
Totally agree, great dance floor, great dancers, pretty good music ;) (can't please all of the people all of the time can you :) )

Have had a dodgy ankle for a week and had a few 'ow' moments at Beach Ballroom but being aware of it probably improved my dancing by making me more precise....so i learnt something too :)

DavidY
22nd-June-2003, 10:44 PM
Sounds like you all had a lot of fun this weekend.

I sadly couldn't be there this time :tears: - are any more weekend events coming up that are worth travelling to for those of us non-Scots who live a bit further away?

Is there something happening in Perth in August?

Thanks,
David

Bill
23rd-June-2003, 10:32 AM
Wow! I thought the music was great Franck - can't wait to dance with Bill to the "Offspring" the next time I'm in Aberdeen :wink:

You're on Sheena :D :sick: ............... even though you and Franck clealry love it - it didn't stike me as an enjoyable song to dance to. I couldn't 'feel' anything to it which is a problem if I want to really enjoy a dance.

Bit like Adam was saying about Tango in Harlem. I love it even tough it has utterly depressing lyrics - it just has a terrific feel to it just as Vem Vet has IMHO :na:

Anyway, Fran tried to start her first thread yesterday when we got back but I can't find it anywhere. Had a superb weekend and feel I learned so much but glad I didn't join the beach party as I just had enough stamina for the Sunday workshop. Can't wait to see the classes this week for all these UCAP moves............ and of course women deciding on the breaks :cheers: :grin:

Sal
23rd-June-2003, 12:52 PM
You men are not going to know what has hit you! :devil:

Bill
23rd-June-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Sal
You men are not going to know what has hit you! :devil:

or even what's stopped us !!!:D :what:

Fran
23rd-June-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Bill

Anyway, Fran tried to start her first thread yesterday when we got back but I can't find it anywhere.

It worked :nice: its on the "lets talkabout dance section" and ditto about all that has been said regarding the weekend. Mind you I am really sore to day my back and legs - very stiff, must be out of shape:sad: :sad: worth it though:wink: looking forward to the next one.

fran:nice:

Gadget
23rd-June-2003, 02:21 PM
I have to agree with everyone above: great workshops, great party. Thanks to Franck, Adam and Mandy (... and to the sandwich girls :wink: ) I really feel as if I missed out by not being able to go to the Sunday w/s.
And a huge thank you to all the ladies I danced with, and a thank you for some very interesting dresses. {...well they held my interest :sorry...}

BTW. anyone else have muscles ache that you wouldn't expect; legs, feet and shoulders I knew would feel; but biceps and pectorals!? Is this a side-effect of being more dominant in the lead and leading slower?

xSalsa_Angelx
23rd-June-2003, 04:33 PM
I also had a great time on saturday night, had a few good dances, but felt sick after dancing with Steve Jones, spinning me round and round in all sorts of directions.

And thanks to Marlene for giving my boyfriend (Andy) the private lesson outside the toilets... hehe :wink:

never made the beach walk either, was feeling too dizzy and a bit sore ....... see am just a beginner can't hack the pace... Tee Hee:rofl:

Sandy
24th-June-2003, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
thanks for forgetting :D we danced the night i was demo dancer for Lisa a few months ago!!

:sorry :sorry :tears:

Sandy
24th-June-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Dance Demon
Just back from Aberdeen.......good party Franck, in a superb venue. Lots of nice touches,...sweets on the tables, and the ice cream just hit the spot..and emptied the dancefloor:rofl:

Oh God yes, agree with all of the above, what a fab, fab weekend.

I was absolutely shattered by the time the Sunday workshop finished and don't know how I drove home! But Adam and Mandy were just so good and he was just so, so funny which made the whole thing so much more enjoyable and relaxing (eventually for me cos I was so nervous!).

Can't wait to try out those moves:yum: :wink:

Well done Franck on organising a truly fantastic weekend :cheers:

Sandy:wink:

Franck
24th-June-2003, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by DavidY
I sadly couldn't be there this time :tears: - are any more weekend events coming up that are worth travelling to for those of us non-Scots who live a bit further away?

Is there something happening in Perth in August? Hi David,

Missed your post first time round :D

There are indeed a lot more events to look forward to in Scotland for the rest of 2003... :D

Apart from the regular monthly parties: second Saturday in Glasgow, third Saturday in Aberdeen and last Saturday in Edinburgh, we also have a few special week-ends:

• Starting with Perth on the week-end of 16th/17th August in the largest venue ever used in Scotland! with a lot of guest teachers, this should be another un-missable event.

I am also currently planning a Special week-end in Glasgow on the 13th/ 14th September... more details as soon as I confirm the international star guest teacher! :wink:

Following that, in October (18th) we have the annual Scottish Ceroc Champs in Musselburgh (near Edinburgh)... after last year's fantastic success, this one should be a sell out!

November 22nd will see the next Aberdeen Beach Ballroom party, with new guests and features... as ever, though, one of the best dance floor in the country.

Finally, there will be a couple of Christmas / New Year mega events in December (20th in Perth and 27th in Edinburgh)

Phew... :really: a lot of stuff indeed, and I hope you can make it to one or more of them! :D :cheers:

Franck.

xSalsa_Angelx
24th-June-2003, 01:29 PM
Sounds good Franck, already looking forward to the beach ballroom again in November..!!!:cheers: :na:

Chicklet
24th-June-2003, 02:10 PM
Just thinking out loud really and picturing horrible icy roads in November and complete lack of funding for hotel room after hol and Camber in November - what about a Glasgow bus???

Grant
24th-June-2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Chicklet
Just thinking out loud really and picturing horrible icy roads in November and complete lack of funding for hotel room after hol and Camber in November - what about a Glasgow bus???
Might have room for you in my little green 'bus'. It's not so worried by icy roads as your sporty rear wheel drive beast. :D

Grant

Tiggerbabe
24th-June-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Bill
You're on Sheena :D :sick: ............... even though you and Franck clearly love it - it didn't strike me as an enjoyable song to dance to.

Great!!!!! Looking forward to it already - and as the next Aberdeen party is just after my holiday I'll be needing a good dance or seventy :waycool:
It's a fun song to dance to - and I do really like it - but then I like the group anyway :D

You're obviously in complete agreement with Scot who thinks I have "bizarre" taste in music - but then again he did play "By The Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers for me at the last Dundee party - thankyou Scot..........and even he would have to agree that there are lots of people who like to dance to Sk8er Boi now although he wasn't convinced about that when I first suggested it either :wink:

I couldn't 'feel' anything to it which is a problem if I want to really enjoy a dance.

Hmmmm! Trying so hard to be good here :innocent: BUT - can't believe you've just said that after Adam and Mandy's Dirty Dancing workshop :devil:

DavidY
24th-June-2003, 09:46 PM
Hi David,
Starting with Perth on the week-end of 16th/17th August in the largest venue ever used in Scotland!with a lot of guest teachers, this should be another un-missable event. ~snip~ I am also currently planning a Special week-end in Glasgow on the 13th/ 14th.. September presumably?
Phew... :really: a lot of stuff indeed, and I hope you can make it to one or more of them! Me too - hope to be able to get to the September one at least (have bad feelings about my diary over the August w/e)

Thanks Franck, that's really helpful :D :cheers:
David