PDA

View Full Version : HighlightsLowlights of the Weekend 7th/8th Jan

KatieR
12th-January-2006, 01:43 PM
Well, as we all know the weekend just gone lots of the lads came down from Scotland to join in the fun.

Let's hear what people thought of the weekend and what their most memorable moment of the weekend was. (this also includes Jango on Monday night)

Lets have
a) most memorable experience of the weekend (doesn't have to be a dance)
b) most memorable dance experience
c) funniest thing you saw all weekend
d) any other general comments

I'll kick it off:

a) most memorable experience of the weekend:

Twyford was brilliant however, it was what happened after Twyford, back at the flat that certainly made for a weekend I'll never forget. :wink: I NEVER EVER knew that! :whistle:

Thank you Riaz for my fabulous dance with my eyes closed. You know you rock my world :D

c) funniest thing I saw all weekend

Most definately had to be watching CJ heckle the preacher dude in Oxford Circus in his most inimitable style. Im sure his halo is well and truly buffed :innocent:

d) overall a fantastic weekend, lots of great dances, celebrated a few birthdays and my leaving dance, that was definately a highlight. Only got slightly emotional when I had to say farewell to my friends from Scotland.

Rhythm King
12th-January-2006, 02:22 PM
Weeelll....

Some high points first:

Meeting some nice new people from Scotland :cheers:

An interesting response to asking a lady to dance at Twyford :whistle: (I believe others may have shared this experience too! :devil: )

Sunday Brunch (Explanations would take this straight upstairs :blush: )

The happy coincidence of a certain favourite song and dancer at Funky Lush :yum:

Stealing Mrs Par whilst she was dancing with her eyes closed at Berko. I made sure she was facing Under Par as the track finished and she opened her eyes. Boy did she scream!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Foxylady and Ceroc Jock's dance at Jango, when they ended up on the floor together! :rofl:

The Jango-Lush Formation Baking Team's sterling efforts over the weekend - and with fresh strawberries too :drool:

Low points:

My knee becoming increasingly sore, until it gave out on Monday night :tears:

Having to be relatively sensible and go to bed/work etc :sad:

CJ
12th-January-2006, 02:26 PM
OK:

All in all, a FANTASTIC weekend.

Honourable mentions go to:
Goin down on FoxyLady at ML:confused:
"Everyone stand still, this is a stick up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Never Ever will I play that game again!!
Singing Bohemian Rhapsody in car on way home just after 4.00 am with Doc Martin headbanging in ther front. (Karaoke, on next visit, Toby?!?)

But, my best moment has to be Claire's forfeit @ Twyford. (She is still keeping quiet about any acceptances!! How's your car seat, Sparkles?? The roof seemed open when we climbed in the back)

Fair warning: ClaireS has until tonight to tell her tale, or I shall tell it in my own inimitable way... :whistle:

Lowlights were few and far between... Being too knackered to do the Sunday double.:blush: OR Berko, either:wink:

Definitely one to remember....:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

doc martin
12th-January-2006, 02:49 PM
Well, as we all know the weekend just gone lots of the lads came down from Scotland to join in the fun.

Let's hear what people thought of the weekend and what their most memorable moment of the weekend was. (this also includes Jango on Monday night)

Lets have
a) The karaoke at the end of Jango Monday. I had heard of it before. I will never be able to forget it now.

b) Too many wonderful dances to mention individually, but the fun of my dances with KatieR has left me some wonderful memories. Here's looking forward to the next one.

c) Definitely CJ and the preacher. But to be more specific, the moment when CJ was staggering towards the preacher and noticed a policeman bearing down on him. He was an absolute trooper, didn't run and hide like any sensible person would have done, just kept on slurring. I can still see the policeman wandering off down Oxford Street shaking his head sadly at the things he is daily forced to watch.

d) I want to thank everybody, most of whom I had never met before, for their open friendliness. And an especially big thank you to RK for his hospitality, taking me in at such short notice and getting me to all the wonderful dances.

Low point for me? Eating at Burger King on the way down. I always forget why I hate those places.

KatieR
12th-January-2006, 02:57 PM
b) Too many wonderful dances to mention individually, but the fun of my dances with KatieR has left me some wonderful memories. Here's looking forward to the next one.

Aww shucks... don't get to hear that very often :flower:

LMC
12th-January-2006, 03:31 PM
Only low point: I was only there for brunch and FL and missed the rest of the fun!

Good bits:

CJ - your table manners are *appalling* :rofl:
R-K - don't even think about "checking" next time :whistle:
LM & Sparkles - loved the civilised chats in between laughing hysterically at the really naughty people
Sheepman - thanks for the lift :)

Never did get a dance with azande, sorry :tears:

Funky Lush :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks to everyone for a fabulous time

azande
12th-January-2006, 03:37 PM

a) the whole weekend has been memorable, but I think the whole atmosphere at Jango on the Monday night was something exceptional. I also need to mention stew and dumplings and the chicken that KatieR cooked for us... :drool:

b) without taking anything away from anybody I have to mention my dances with KatieR (funky!) and Sparkles, and Rachel and Lily for the compliments!

c) funniest things are CJ heckling the preacher and the smiles on Londoners faces after watching him!
A very close second moment was CJ face on the Saturday night during our game, at a specific time... Priceless!!

d) everybody raves about the Scottish ospitality but I have to admit that you Southerner are not that bad either! :wink:

I also want to thanks Toby, Mark and Roger for not playing one single song that didn't make me want to get up and dance.

Minnie M
12th-January-2006, 04:59 PM
Apologies for not making it to Jango on Monday after half promising I would make it.

I had a real sh*t day at work also had to go in at 8:30 the following morning, and it would have been a 160 mile round trip ..... sorry :sad: my loss though :tears:

KatieR
12th-January-2006, 05:53 PM
c) funniest things are CJ heckling the preacher and the smiles on Londoners faces after watching him!
A very close second moment was CJ face on the Saturday night during our game, at a specific time... Priceless!!.

I do believe I saw you go pink once or twice yourself Mr Never Ever! :D

Claire S
12th-January-2006, 07:04 PM
a) most memorable experience of the weekend (doesn't have to be a dance) How to choose???

Highlights:

Being made so welcome by everyone.... a big thank you to David & Lily for their generous hospitality & to Sparkles & KatieR for feeding me & looking after me so well (you can certainly cook Katie! :drool: ).... even if they did fan the flames for my forfeit on Saturday night!

Some special moments at brunch! So much for toe-ing the line!!

Funky Lush... so many wonderful dances.... some with old friends, some with complete strangers... I had my best dance of the weekend here :D:drool: . Thanks to Toby for playing my request :hug:

Sunday night/Monday morning.... a bridge, tea, coffee, chocolate, new friends & an addition to my list of situations I never thought I'd find myself in when I started Ceroc....!!!!
(I'll need a new page soon.......)

Road trip.... singing on the way home.... I nearly lost it when Doc Martin started headbanging a la Waynes World (note: it's a baaaaaaaaaaaaad idea to make the driver laugh so much!)

Lowlights

My forfeit... I was sooooooooooo stitched up.
Thank you CJ for initiating it & a special thank you to Neil for crafting the fine details & Martin for staunchly failing to defend me (I thought you were my friends!!?)
I'll never be able to hold my head up in Twyford again! :tears:
On the plus side, I did get asked to dance A LOT & had some lovely, lovely dances as well as some very silly ones (thank you Spin Doctor!)

That bus trip.

"Everyone stand still, this is a stick up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

But, my best moment has to be Claire's forfeit @ Twyford.
Funny how so many of my low points were high points for CJ..... :rolleyes:

b) most memorable dance experienceBeing asked to dance by DavidB at Twyford..... my face fell & I said "oh nooooooooooooo"..... I bet he doesn't get that reaction very often!
Then completing my forfeit, only to have him make me repeat what I'd just said because he couldn't believe it!!! (Nobody said I'd have to say it twice :tears: )

I had some amazing dances this weekend... lovely to dance with Spice'n'Easy again... look forward to seeing you at the Beach Ballroom soon!
Minnie's friend Christopher was fantastic... bring him to the BFG Minnie!!!
Other top dances were with CJ (no, really!), Sheepman, DavidB, Sparkles (was just sorry you'd changed out of the librarian outfit by then :wink: ), Chef, Under Par & ?Tony (I think that was his name) at Monday Lush.

c) funniest thing you saw all weekendI'd be hard pushed to choose just one thing... might be Doc Martin's headbanging.

CJ laughing til he cried in the corner shop would have been funny if he hadn't been laughing at me!

LMC's face as her trousers were investigated at brunch!

Dizzy's face as her lap was investigated at brunch!! :rofl:

d) any other general comments It was great to meet so many forumites & others for the first time & to see some old friends too... thank you all for making us so welcome.
We'll definitely be back & I hope you make it up to Scotland to see us all this year.... BFG, Beach Ballroom.... go on, you know you want to!!!

Fair warning: ClaireS has until tonight to tell her tale, or I shall tell it in my own inimitable way... I don't see how it could possibly get worse, so go ahead!!

(is that one of those things that I should know better than to say by now?)

DavidB
12th-January-2006, 07:20 PM
It was a forfeit?

I thought you meant it. :tears: :tears:

Claire S
12th-January-2006, 07:25 PM
It was a forfeit?

I thought you meant it. :tears: :tears::innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Claire S
12th-January-2006, 07:35 PM
Oooooh I forgot my dances with Clive Long & Kev F (sorry guys!)
Very nice to see you both again & I really enjoyed our dances.
Thanks for the impromptu tango lesson too, Kev :flower:

I've probably forgotten other special dances too, but my brain's still mush from sleep deprivation & almost 72 hours of abuse!!

My apologies.......

djtrev
12th-January-2006, 09:36 PM
Dont you just hate it when you read all the posts and wonder what the hell was all that about!!

But whatever it was it sounded as if you had a damn good time.

Piglet
12th-January-2006, 10:36 PM
Dont you just hate it when you read all the posts and wonder what the hell was all that about!!

But whatever it was it sounded as if you had a damn good time.
Mmmmmm... maybe CJ will help though :wink:

CJ
15th-January-2006, 08:18 PM
Mmmmmm... maybe CJ will help though :wink:
My Dear Piglet...

Not that I needed it, thank you for the invitation...

DjTrev, what exactly would you need clarified??

Claire's forfeit per chance?!?
I am admiring Crossa's work here!! We were playing a game to pass away the miles to London when Claire started blatantly cheating.:eek: The adjudicator stepped in and by luck Claire lost the game. And so a forfeit was suggested:whistle:

Thanks to Crossa, on every time she was asked to dance on the Saturday night, Claire had to say "Yes, please. And a good hard shag wouldn't go amiss, either:grin: "

The fact she chose to do it as well on the Sunday might account for her dancing with Spice 'n' Easy so often:wink:

Oh, how we laughed.:rofl: At this point in time I MUST :worthy: :worthy: to Little Monkey!!:rofl:

The Preacher?!?

Well, there was a bible basher type trying to save the souls of all who passed him on Oxford St. After coffee, I decided to have a small play...:wink: We discussed whether I was allowed to heckle him and it was agreed as long as I didn't get arrested!!:eek:

So, I started with the drunken stagger ( Billy Connelly meets Rab C Nesbitt) up to him. Just as I was starting the drunken slitty eyed unable to focus stare, I was VERY aware of one of London's Constabulary appearing on my left side and stare at me with HUGE suspicion:innocent: . Having survived that, I then decided to harrass the man on a mission and periodically polish his halo on his behalf whilst the poor people of London watched on...

Any other tales needing explanation?!?:innocent:

Cruella
15th-January-2006, 09:27 PM
Claire had to say "Yes, please. And a good hard shag wouldn't go amiss, either:grin: "

:
Claire told me about this at Twyford.:rofl:
She was such a sweet innocent thing when i first met her in Glasgow. It seems that one weekend away with you lot and she's corrupted beyond all recognition.:what:

azande
15th-January-2006, 10:04 PM
She was such a sweet innocent thing when i first met her in Glasgow.
yeah right! :wink:

Cruella
15th-January-2006, 10:06 PM
yeah right! :wink:
She was!! That's why we got on so well because we're so similar.:innocent:

TheTramp
15th-January-2006, 10:15 PM
It seems that one weekend away with you lot and she's corrupted beyond all recognition.:what:

I wasn't there at all when these forfeits and games were being played. So don't blame me. This time! :whistle:

Claire S
16th-January-2006, 06:34 PM
when Claire started blatantly cheating.:eek:
That's soooooooooooo not true!!! :eek: :really:

At this point in time I MUST :worthy: :worthy: to Little Monkey!!:rofl: Little Monkey :angry:

She was such a sweet innocent thing when i first met her in Glasgow. It seems that one weekend away with you lot and she's corrupted beyond all recognition.
I was!
They MADE me do it!!! :innocent: