PDA

View Full Version : Help... Shopping in London

drathzel
11th-January-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey All,

I am travelling to london tomorrow straight after work. I have a problem though. My new winter coat has fallen apart and i cant seem to get another one. I want to know if anyone have any tips about where i can get a half decent not too expensive coat?

Answers on a Post (card..teehee) please:hug: :clap:

Msfab
11th-January-2006, 06:55 PM
Hey All,

I am travelling to london tomorrow straight after work. I have a problem though. My new winter coat has fallen apart and i cant seem to get another one. I want to know if anyone have any tips about where i can get a half decent not too expensive coat?

Where in london are you going?

Dizzy
11th-January-2006, 06:57 PM
Hey All,

I don't think 'half decent' and 'not too expensive' go together when it comes to coats. :what:

Foxylady had a lovely coat on last night which she said she got in Gap but don't know how much it cost. Thanks for the tip Tessa :worthy:.

You could try looking around Camden if you are not looking for High street prices though. Don't know what you will find but it might be worth it. :hug:

drathzel
11th-January-2006, 06:58 PM
Where in london are you going?
Central London:hug:

Msfab
11th-January-2006, 07:10 PM

If I were to go shopping for a Coat, My first stop would probably be Oxford Street. You've got the majority of the high street shop on or around there (Bond street/Regeants street).

If you do find one, can you let me know, Id like a new coat!:innocent:

philsmove
11th-January-2006, 07:12 PM

I Think Harrods Sale is still on

http://www.harrods.com/Cultures/en-GB/homepageindex.htm

Tessalicious
11th-January-2006, 07:24 PM
Central London:hug:Hey D, if you want to come to Camden some time in the next few days, let me know if you want a friendly local to show you round (just don't let me buy shoes!). It's a pretty good place for loads of clothesy-type things, as long as you know where to look, but definitely isn't the usual high street stuff you'll find everywhere else.

LMC
11th-January-2006, 08:15 PM
Covent Garden market has a stall with a guy selling coats (and a cash point right around the corner if he will discount for cash :wink: ) - what time you arriving? - I only work 10 minutes walk from there :hug:

foxylady
11th-January-2006, 11:34 PM
I don't think 'half decent' and 'not too expensive' go together when it comes to coats. :what:

Foxylady had a lovely coat on last night which she said she got in Gap but don't know how much it cost. Thanks for the tip Tessa :worthy:.

You could try looking around Camden if you are not looking for High street prices though. Don't know what you will find but it might be worth it. :hug:

My coat (well short coat) is from Gap and is gorgeous and deliciously warm !!!!! It has a dinky little belt too....
You can get long versions too (as Annette the DJ has one)...
They go in the washing machine, come in a variety of colours (brown/black/white/and possibly pink - but maybe thats only for kids)

Mine was £70 approx - long one would be more (I would guess!)

I love mine (its creamy white), and wear it everywhere (even up mountains) !!!

Foxy

TiggsTours
12th-January-2006, 10:24 AM
I got my very smart, very warm coat, which I have had a number of admiring comments on, for £30 in Surprise Surprise in Oxford Street.

Dan Hudson
12th-January-2006, 11:55 AM
Debenhams in Oxford St has a good sale. Also saw some really nice coats in Hennes on Oxford circus just before xmas...

I would normally avoid oxford st, too many tourists get up to Camden market on Saturday:clap:

I was looking for the wife... honestly:whistle:

drathzel
12th-January-2006, 12:07 PM
Thank you all. I will take a wander with Lone wolf when i am over and hopefully find something. I am over for 10 days but am busy for nearly every day, but i might just be able to get a shopping day in...all for the purpose of a new coat!:whistle: