PDA

View Full Version : Monday Lush mmmm!

under par
10th-January-2006, 02:03 AM
What a great night tonight!

What with 2 birthdays, congratulations again Sparkles and Foxy lady lovely to dance with you both tonight.

Dale performing with the forum backing singers.:worthy: :rofl: :worthy: If I had a million dollars.

More men than ladies. You lucky ladies!:clap: :clap:

The Scottish contingent paying us visit. Great to see you again.:yeah: seems like only yesterday we were last together.:cheers:

What a great night!

Thanks to Twk and Divissima Amir Will and Kate for putting together another very special event.

Cruella
10th-January-2006, 09:33 AM
This Monday Lush is confusing! Because i'm used to saying Funky Lush i keep getting it wrong and calling it Monkey Lush!:blush:

David Bailey
10th-January-2006, 09:34 AM
This Monday Lush is confusing! Because i'm used to saying Funky Lush i keep getting it wrong and calling it Monkey Lush!:blush:
:rofl:
"Mush" - you know it makes sense...

TheTramp
10th-January-2006, 01:37 PM
:yeah:

Especially THAT dance, Paul :flower:

under par
10th-January-2006, 01:39 PM

Especially THAT dance, Paul :flower:

:blush: Thankyou, you where too kind:blush:

David Franklin
10th-January-2006, 01:41 PM
Totally understandable. After all, we know a song about that, don't we...?

If I had a million dollars - if I had a million dollars
Well, I'd buy you a monkey - haven't you always wanted a monkey?

ChrisA
10th-January-2006, 02:08 PM
... I'd pay people not to sing :D

under par
10th-January-2006, 02:11 PM
... I'd pay people not to sing :D

Bah Humbug MR Chris...

ChrisA
10th-January-2006, 02:24 PM
Bah Humbug MR Chris...
:na: :na:

Paul F
10th-January-2006, 02:33 PM

Really enjoyed last night. Loads of people dancing and a really good atmosphere. I even had to sit out for 2 or 3 dances as there was such an even ratio.

:worthy: to Dale for a stirring rendition of IIHAMD and to his lovely posse for their harmony :)
Really enjoyed watching Foxy and Sparkles' b'day dances too :hug:

Looking forward to next week now.

Dizzy
10th-January-2006, 02:42 PM
I had such a good night last night :drool: :clap:. Big :hug: to all the Scottish posse for managing to keep up with all the dancing the whole weekend and then end on this fab evening with great dances and informal atmosphere.

Also cheers to Sparkles and Foxy for their fab birthday dances :flower: :clap: and to KGD for his rendition of IIHAMD!! :clap: :clap:

Mary
11th-January-2006, 01:33 AM
Sparkles - you rock!!!:wink: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

M

Sparkles
11th-January-2006, 10:42 AM
:blush:
thank you.

I had such a great time - think I might use my 'Glitter Queen' title and have an official Birthday too!

S. xx

Little Monkey
11th-January-2006, 08:08 PM

And what's wrong with that??? :whistle:

Little Monkey
11th-January-2006, 08:09 PM
Totally understandable. After all, we know a song about that, don't we...?

Well, I'd buy you a monkey - haven't you always wanted a monkey?

Exactly! Doesn't everyone want a little monkey....???:D

Msfab
12th-January-2006, 10:21 AM
A bit late I know, But what a Fab Monday Lush was.
We had a great class with Amir and Kate (which of course started with walking). The men to women ration was perfect. Thank you for every dance, not sure I stopped well only for cake :drool: . And it was fab to dance with the Scots again.

I had to leave before Dale and the Lushettes performance, love the pictures!

Only one problem, freestyle ended to soon!:rolleyes:

Exactly! Doesn't everyone want a little monkey....???:D
Only trouble is, we cant always have what we want!:tears:

Sparkles
12th-January-2006, 11:29 AM
Just out of curiosity, what is it with you and penguins?

Msfab
12th-January-2006, 12:09 PM
Just out of curiosity, what is it with you and penguins?

About 15 years ago I saw a white VW beetle car with 3 large penguins painted on the side, a Daddy, a Mummy and Baby Penguin. It was love at first sight with the car and the Penguins. They're cute little Birds, they're smart, care for their young and I like the way they walk (its funny)
http://wip.warnerbros.com/marchofthepenguins/ (http://wip.warnerbros.com/marchofthepenguins/)

Does that help, Sparkles?:whistle:

(http://wip.warnerbros.com/marchofthepenguins/)

Sparkles
12th-January-2006, 02:02 PM
They're cute little Birds, they're smart, care for their young and I like the way they walk (its funny)

I can't disagree with any of that.
I think my only objections are that they live in the freezing cold and they smell of fish!

Other than that I think they're pretty cute too (especially the babies!).

S. xx

Groovy Dancer
12th-January-2006, 02:32 PM
I had to leave before Dale and the Lushettes performance, love the pictures!

What pictures?:confused: I ain't seen any!!:tears:

Dizzy
12th-January-2006, 02:36 PM

Have a look on 'Happy Birthday Sparkles' thread

http://www.cerocscotland.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7407&page=3

Msfab
12th-January-2006, 02:36 PM
They are on the Sparkles birthday thread, curtesy of Sheepman

Groovy Dancer
12th-January-2006, 02:40 PM
They are on the Sparkles birthday thread, curtesy of Sheepman

Seen them..quite cool:waycool: :yeah:

Paul F
17th-January-2006, 01:26 AM
Totally brilliant night tonight.

Not as busy as usual but I really enjoyed every single dance.

Cant wait until Friday :clap:

Sparkles
17th-January-2006, 09:26 AM
Thank you to all the lovely guys and ladies for my dances last night. Such a chilled atmosphere, and a slight shortage of men meant I got to get some leading practice in - thank you to all of you for being so patient with me - one day I will learn some more moves, I promise :flower:.
See you all Friday?! :clap:
S. x

LMC
17th-January-2006, 01:03 PM
ML is easy for me to get to from work, but a bit of a b***h to get home from (midnight last night, even though I bailed early :( )

But you know what? I don't really care - even though it was quiet last night I loved it - it was inspiring just to watch people if I wasn't dancing. And since I felt like I *just about* kept up with my first ever Jango lesson, I'll be back! Thanks everyone for putting up with a beginner :D

*purchases portable alarm clock so can sleep on train home without missing stop*

Dizzy
17th-January-2006, 02:16 PM
Sorry I missed you all last night :( :tears:

I went to see Drathzel at Finchley just because it was her only night dancing in London for a bit :flower: :hug:.

I will definitely be at Funky Lush on friday and will be back at Jango next Monday :clap: :clap:

Divissima
17th-January-2006, 10:51 PM
Other than that I think they're pretty cute too (especially the babies!).S. xx:yeah: I love penguins too - my favourite bird.

Who fancies a trip to the cinema - 'March of the Penguins' anyone?

Msfab
18th-January-2006, 11:05 AM
:yeah: I love penguins too - my favourite bird.

Who fancies a trip to the cinema - 'March of the Penguins' anyone?

Yeah, Id love to! :clap: When are you thinking about waddling down to the cinema?

Divissima
18th-January-2006, 10:56 PM
Yeah, Id love to! :clap: When are you thinking about waddling down to the cinema?
I'll look into it :waycool:

Groovy Dancer
19th-January-2006, 02:23 PM
I'll look into it :waycool:

Please do:whistle: :yeah:

Zebra Woman
6th-February-2006, 11:33 AM
So who else is coming to Monday Lush tonight?

I'll be there :clap: :clap: :clap:

ZW:flower:

Dizzy
6th-February-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm going too. :clap: :clap:

Dreadful Scathe
13th-February-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm going too. :clap: :clap:
me too :)

Mary
13th-February-2006, 01:51 PM
me too :)

Can I book my dance with you now?:drool:

M

Dreadful Scathe
13th-February-2006, 02:09 PM
Normally a booking system is not required :) but..if you insist.

Im just going to turn up at the usual place at Hammersmith so I hope its still there ? :)

Mary
13th-February-2006, 02:48 PM
Normally a booking system is not required :) but..if you insist.

Im just going to turn up at the usual place at Hammersmith so I hope its still there ? :)

You are going to be in great demand so thought I would get in there early. :D

M

Sparkles
13th-February-2006, 03:01 PM
Me too, please DS :flower:

... it's been too long :drool:
S. x

Divissima
13th-February-2006, 04:23 PM
Im just going to turn up at the usual place at Hammersmith so I hope its still there ? :)It is...

I'm probably going to miss it as I'm off work sick today... :tears: :tears: :tears:

Sparkles
13th-February-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm probably going to miss it as I'm off work sick today... :tears: :tears: :tears:
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
ML without La Diva?! Impossible!
Get better soon, Honey :hug:
S. xx

Mary
13th-February-2006, 04:35 PM
It is...

Unthinkable!!!!

Hope you feel better soon. Have a few :hug: :hug: :hug: and :flower:

M

under par
13th-February-2006, 04:35 PM
It is...

Ahhh hope you get better real soon Divi.

Mrs Par and I will be unable to go too but thats cos Sharon is working til 930 and I'm starting nights at 11..... not even I'm mad enough to try and get to Kent House and back in that time:D

Hope you all have a good night:cheers:
U.P.

Sheepman
13th-February-2006, 05:24 PM
ML without La Diva?! Impossible! :tears: Please make a quick recovery, :flower: I will get upset if you keep avoiding me!

Greg :hug: :kiss:

PS I shall have to go tonight, even without La Diva.

Dreadful Scathe
14th-February-2006, 10:09 AM
It was Lushly :)

ChrisA
14th-February-2006, 10:33 AM
I'd just like to express my heartfelt thanks to all the guys that normally go to Monday Lush, but didn't this week.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

:devil:

And on a separate note, big up to the Tobemeister for his continuing innovation on the decks :flower:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-February-2006, 10:35 AM
I never managed to speak to ChrisA either, lucky Chris :)

Who was the strange beardy man teaching the class ?

ChrisA
14th-February-2006, 10:45 AM
I never managed to speak to ChrisA either, lucky Chris :)

Yeah, sorry... I wasn't avoiding you, but I was a little busy :innocent:

Who was the strange beardy man teaching the class ?
Someone called Amar. He teaches in Scotland sometimes, I believe - surprised you haven't come across him before :whistle:

Sparkles
14th-February-2006, 10:47 AM
Amar
Was the typing error deliberate? :whistle:

Sparkles
14th-February-2006, 10:51 AM
Thank you to everyone for a great night last night - and being a few men short only meant I got to dance with the lovely ladies as well as the gorgeous men :clap:.
Special thanks to DS for my dances :worthy: and to Msfab (who is a wonderful lead - get your dances in quick girls, she's one to watch!) :flower:.

... so, when Kent House can't be used on a Monday night, where's the back-up venue for Mon*** Lush? :whistle:

ChrisA
14th-February-2006, 10:52 AM
Was the typing error deliberate? :whistle:
There was no typing error in that post. :nice:

Sparkles
14th-February-2006, 10:55 AM
There was no typing error in that post. :nice:
My mistake.
Forgive me :flower: ?

ChrisA
14th-February-2006, 11:05 AM
My mistake.
Forgive me :flower: ?Naturally. :flower:

Dizzy
14th-February-2006, 02:13 PM
It is...

Get Better Soon Babe :flower:
Kent House wasn't the same without you :hug:

Mr Darcy
14th-February-2006, 02:14 PM
Wow! my first time at a Mon*** Lush, loved every single dance, a big thank you to everyone there whether I danced with you or just watched how scarily good you are :nice:

Icey and I will be trying harder to make it in time for the class next week (that's mostly I then, as I'm starting off from Aylesbury).

Icey
14th-February-2006, 03:00 PM
:yeah: I'm very glad I finally pulled myself together and came along.

I'll be champing at the bit to get there for the class next week - chop chop darling, no dawdling :wink:

Dreadful Scathe
14th-February-2006, 04:17 PM
:yeah: I'm very glad I finally pulled myself together and came along.

I'll be champing at the bit to get there for the class next week - chop chop darling, no dawdling :wink:
I noticed the champing when we were dancing :)

KatieR
15th-February-2006, 11:49 AM
I hope everyone is having a wonderful time at Monday Lush. I miss it heaps and everyone there. Ive been doing loads of dancing to make up for it though.

Take care
all
Katie

Rhythm King
17th-February-2006, 04:17 PM
I hope everyone is having a wonderful time at Monday Lush. I miss it heaps and everyone there. Ive been doing loads of dancing to make up for it though.

Take care
all
Katie

I missed it too - and on my birthday! :tears:

Sparkles
20th-February-2006, 03:32 PM
OK, Msfab, you're luck's in.
I've somehow managed to make Birthday cakes for both the guys - so I hope you and everyone else will show up to Mon*** Lush tonight to help eat them or (as La Diva quite rightly pointed out on Saturday) there'll be loads left over!
... only trouble is I'm having a tough time finding enough candles :whistle: - don't suppose if anyone has some at home they could bring them could they, please? :D

In the mean time I'm going to start praying that David B and will are going tonight :yum:

S. xx

foxylady
20th-February-2006, 03:48 PM
I've somehow managed to make Birthday cakes for both the guys - so I hope you and everyone else will show up to Mon*** Lush tonight to help eat them or (as La Diva quite rightly pointed out on Saturday) there'll be loads left over!
... only trouble is I'm having a tough time finding enough candles :whistle: - don't suppose if anyone has some at home they could bring them could they, please? :D

In the mean time I'm going to start praying that David B and will are going tonight :yum:

S. xx

I've got candles darling, but they are all half used, and mostly pink candy striped - any good ???

Foxy

Sparkles
20th-February-2006, 03:49 PM
I've got candles darling, but they are all half used, and mostly pink candy striped - any good ???
I don't mind abouth the colour, but are you sure you have enough....? :devil:

Rhythm King
20th-February-2006, 03:50 PM

:drool: :clap: :drool:

R-K x :hug: :flower:

Sheepman
20th-February-2006, 04:47 PM
there'll be loads left over! No chance!! :yum: :drool:
(Think I might skip dinner tonight!)

Greg

Mary
20th-February-2006, 04:53 PM

S. xx

I think me and Tone will be needing some kind of sustenance later on in the evening :whistle: :whistle:

M

foxylady
20th-February-2006, 06:02 PM
I don't mind abouth the colour, but are you sure you have enough....? :devil:

well 120 will do - as long as you've got some extras... :sick:

Zebra Woman
20th-February-2006, 06:07 PM

I'll bring 20

And a fire extinguisher

Rhythm King
20th-February-2006, 06:08 PM

Oi! We only need 21 each :whistle:

Cruella
20th-February-2006, 06:08 PM
Well as it's Gregs 50th that would make RK 70:eek: Looking good on it Richard :devil:

Feelingpink
20th-February-2006, 06:10 PM
Well as it's Gregs 50th that would make RK 70:eek: Looking good on it Richard :devil:I thought Greg was 51, or do I have that wrong? Perhaps I should just ask MsFab ... she's excellent at guessing people's ages! :devil:

Rhythm King
20th-February-2006, 06:21 PM
Well as it's Gregs 50th that would make RK 70:eek: Looking good on it Richard :devil:

What can I say? I had an easy paper round as a child :rolleyes:

Toby wan Kenobe
20th-February-2006, 07:15 PM
[COLOR="Purple"]Birthday Jams :clap: :clap: and Mary and Tony will be giving us a preview of their Blackpool Showcase...:respect:
Plus I've got some great new tracks..

See you tonight
TwK

LMC
21st-February-2006, 10:18 AM
Birthday Jams :clap: :clap: and Mary and Tony will be giving us a preview of their Blackpool Showcase...:respect:
Plus I've got some great new tracks..

See you tonight
TwK
Great night, sorry I missed the last couple and have reminded my self to make more effort.

Fabulous showcase from Tony & Mary, best of luck at Blackpool you guys.

There was one new track towards the end of the evening that was :drool: TWK - think that one should go on the 'regular' list (sorry, can't remember exactly which one - about the 4th or 5th before the end).

Save the best 'til last - :drool: cakes - thanks Sparkles :flower:

Thanks everyone for a lovely evening.

Zebra Woman
21st-February-2006, 10:45 AM
Yeah I had a really fab night - so good I completely forgot to eat my cake.

Agree with LMC the last 3 tunes were all :drool: . Plus big thanks to Twk for playing Spice n Easy's requested song so promptly (like the next track :worthy: ). Love that track.

Mary and Tony - amazing :worthy: .

I really enjoyed the lesson too, great moves and Amir's delivery was even more hilarious than usual. I am looking forward to my first dance with Msfab when she leads the the 'gancho' that the taught. Sorry we didn't get the chance last night :flower: .

ZW

Rhythm King
21st-February-2006, 11:46 AM
Firstly, well done Mary and Tony! :clap:
Secondly - fab tchoons as ever Toby (Especially Fraulein Kaas). :respect:
Thirdly - thanks to Divi, for rescuing me from a predicament (that'll teach me to be in such a hurry :rolleyes: ) x

Next, thanks so much to all the lovely ladies who made my birthday dance so special :drool:

And finally, huge, hugs and thankyous to Sparkles for baking not one, but two of the scrummiest birthday cakes for Sheepy and me. You are an absolute star!:hug: :worthy: :yum:

R-K x

Sheepman
21st-February-2006, 03:44 PM
Cabaret, cakes, choons, and cool dancers! :drool:
:respect: to everyone who made this such a good night. Is it fair that it could be this good just 2 nights after the Daventry Freezestyle?

Greg

Toby wan Kenobe
24th-February-2006, 11:46 AM
:what: :what: Sorry Folks, no Monday-Lush on Monday 27th February :eek: :eek:

The Dance Hall at Kent House is being used for filming on Monday 27th Feb, so it's not available for dancing!! But Monday-Lush will be back as normal on Monday 6th March....

TwK

Sparkles
24th-February-2006, 12:23 PM
:what: :what: Sorry Folks, no Monday-Lush on Monday 27th February :eek: :eek:

Boo Hiss

:sad:
What will I do on a Monday night now...? :what:

under par
13th-March-2006, 09:20 AM
Any Update on Monday Lush for tonight!:what:

Is it on tonight?:what:

Can I get my Monday Lush fix?:yeah:

Haven't been for 4 weeks:sad: please tell me its on tonight!:cheers:

Going to take an injured Mrs Par for a drive out:sad: , great opportunity to try out my thigh brushing technique:whistle:

Under Par

Divissima
13th-March-2006, 10:44 AM
Hi UP

Yes, we are on tonight. Attractions include round 2 of Dizzy's birthday dance :clap:

Sparkles
13th-March-2006, 10:52 AM
Plus a selection of fairy cakes (though they're not up to the gourmet standard of KatieR's :worthy: ).

under par
13th-March-2006, 12:38 PM
At Kent House ? ........

Mary
13th-March-2006, 12:53 PM
At Kent House ? ........

Well, that's where we're going tonight.:what: And I think a few others might be going to the same place, but shhhhhhh.................:wink:

M

under par
13th-March-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, that's where we're going tonight.:what: And I think a few others might be going to the same place, but shhhhhhh.................:wink:

M

Sorreeeee ! Shhhhh:whistle:

Dizzy
13th-March-2006, 03:42 PM
Attractions include round 2 of Dizzy's birthday dance :clap:

ROUND TWO!!!!! :what: :what: :sick: :eek:

under par
13th-March-2006, 05:43 PM
Drat and double drat, not coming tonight now Mrs Par in lot of discomfort and not going to take where she will definitely be tempted to dance.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Msfab
13th-March-2006, 05:56 PM
Drat and double drat, not coming tonight now Mrs Par in lot of discomfort and not going to take where she will definitely be tempted to dance.

That is sad news! Sending get well soon vibes to Mrs Underpar!
:flower:

Rhythm King
13th-March-2006, 05:58 PM

Know the feeling :sad: Send her best wishes

R-K :flower: