PDA

View Full Version : New Brechin Class

Lorna
9th-January-2006, 08:17 PM
Hi,

just to let everyone know that there will be a new class opening in Scotland.

We open this Friday 13th January in Brechin, (between Dundee and Aberdeen).
See main website for more details.

Usual starting time but will close at 11.30 for the moment, depending on how busy it gets, and it is a free opening night.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Hope to see lots of you there

Night Owl
9th-January-2006, 08:24 PM
Good luck with your new class Lorna
:clap:

Iain

Shame its not closer to Inv.

Piglet
9th-January-2006, 08:27 PM
Really looking forward to this!

I'm sure it will be a fantastic night - three cheers for Lorna!

Hip hip hooray!:clap:
Hip hip hooray!:clap:
Hip hip hoooooooray!!!:clap:

Wishing you fistfuls of fabulously fantastic Fridays!:hug:

ducasi
9th-January-2006, 09:12 PM
Good luck Lorna! :hug:

Now there's a new location in Scotland I haven't visited, I'll have to sort-out a visit soon. Maybe on the way up to the next Beach Ballroom weekend... :)

melb
9th-January-2006, 09:23 PM
Good luck with your new classes Lorna - I'm sure they will be Fab!!! Hope to be there soon

Mel X X

TheTramp
10th-January-2006, 01:39 PM
Hope to be there soon

Me too.

How about this Friday :whistle:

Jive Brummie
10th-January-2006, 03:13 PM
Spoiled for choice....keeping it pretty local...

Wednesday at Jumpin Jacks
Thursday at Perth
Friday at Brechin...

and top the week off at Mama Mortons in Dundee on Saturday.

We've never had it sooooo good!

J.

Caro
10th-January-2006, 06:38 PM
Hi,

Usual starting time but will close at 11.30 for the moment, depending on how busy it gets, and it is a free opening night.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Best of luck with the new class Lorna!!!
I can't make it this friday (will be in Rome hihi :grin: ) but I'm hoping to go some other time!

johnthehappyguy
11th-January-2006, 10:25 PM
I am sure it will be a great way to spend Friday.

Best of luck Lorna,

johnthehappyguy:nice:

ShinyWeeStar
11th-January-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Sounds great - hope to be there! :clap:

SteveB
11th-January-2006, 11:48 PM
Good luck Lorna, im sure it will be fab!!! Looking forward to the opening night!

Steven...x x :cheers:

Tiggerbabe
12th-January-2006, 12:37 AM
Where's the class Lorna? :wink:

Wishing you all the best (hopefully I'll make it along *fingers crossed*) - I'm sure everyone's going to have a great night. :hug: :clap:

TheTramp
12th-January-2006, 01:05 AM
Where's the class Lorna? :wink:

Ah. The eternal mystery. She promised to give me details too.... :flower:

Tiggerbabe
12th-January-2006, 01:18 AM
Ah. The eternal mystery. She promised to give me details too.... :flower:
Sorry Steve, we were just having fun teasing Lorna about Brechin, tonight (well last night now) at Jumpin Jaks :rofl: If you'd only been there, you might know where to go on Friday :whistle: :wink:

TheTramp
12th-January-2006, 02:25 AM
If you'd only been there, you might know where to go on Friday :whistle: :wink:
Ah. Couldn't subject my parents to sitting, watching me dance, for 2 nights in a row.

Won't be able to make it next week either now. And you won't be there the week after that... :tears:

Tiggerbabe
12th-January-2006, 09:07 AM
you won't be there the week after that... :tears:
funnily enough, I'm a bit more :D about that (heading off to the Caribbean will do that to you, I guess :rolleyes: )

Lorna
12th-January-2006, 11:23 AM
Hi guys,

by the way fabby night in Dundee last night. Getting busier every week. Great atmosphere in there. :clap:

Thank you for all the support. I've a feeling it may be quite a busy night tomorrow. Well here's hoping!!:nice:

There was a guy who came in off the street last night at JJs because he heard the great music being played and he wanted to see what it was all about. Of course never one to miss an opportunity like this, I had him on the dance floor straight away.

Guess where he'll be trying his first Ceroc lesson free of charge tomorrow night?

BRECHIN!!!!!!!!!

He loved it and seemed really keen to travel up for his first ceroc night. Looking forward to seeing him again. I hope he makes it.

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible tommorow. Fingers crossed for me .:flower:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

TheTramp
12th-January-2006, 11:32 AM
And are you going to tell the good people (and your dj) where it is then??? :flower:

seanyboy
12th-January-2006, 12:29 PM
This building

http://www.brechinartsfestival.org/mechanics.jpg

Round about here

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&X=359500.108034762&Y=760000.766347298&width=500&height=300&gride=359601.108034762&gridn=760164.766347298&srec=0&coordsys=gb&db=GB&addr1=&addr2=church+street&addr3=+brechin&pc=&advanced=&local=&localinfosel=&kw=&inmap=&table=&ovtype=&keepicon=true&zm=0&scale=5000&up.x=197&up.y=3

I guess. Based only on detective work.

Dance ya laters

Tiggerbabe
12th-January-2006, 12:46 PM
That's the building Sean, you can't miss it really, right in front of your face when you drive into Brechin :wink: :D

TheTramp
12th-January-2006, 12:50 PM
Oh. Okie. Maybe even I will be able to find it then :clap:

Anyone from Dundee want a lift (I'll be going up early, and coming back when it finishes though!).

Lorna
12th-January-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi,

yes, the venue is called The Mechanic's Institute.

You can't miss it. First big building that faces you when arriving from the South and last big building on the way out of Brechin from the north.

I've managed to get a hold of a big ceroc banner. So you really won't miss it.

See you all there,

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Lorna
14th-January-2006, 12:21 PM
Hi,

I am still buzzing from last night. What a fab night! :clap:

Big thank you to everyone who turned up to support the opening night. We had over 100 people in there last night. :what:

The beginners were brilliant, they took to it so easily and most of them appeared to be having a great night. Roll on next week.

I'd especially like to thank Steve (Trampy) for working for nothing last night. Big hugs for that, thank you very much. :hug: I am even more stressed about next week now as I have to DJ for the first time. I have butterflies in my stomach now thinking about it. :sick:

If you didn't make it along last night it would be great to see you soon. Ask anyone who was there last night and they'll tell you what a fabulous venue it is with a beautiful floor. The atmosphere was amazing for a first night. And of course for those of you who would need to travel a bit further to get there you have an extra hour of dancing to make it worth your while as we close at 11.30.

Thank you again, I hope you all enjoyed your evening.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Monika
14th-January-2006, 12:36 PM
Lorna :worthy: :worthy: Respect! What a night!!! :clap: :cheers:
Must be one of the most succesful opening nights ever! :flower:
Had a brilliant night! Fab music - fab dancers and lot's of enthusiasm and energy and just fantastic! :) Think I counted about 115 people, but hard to tell as just buzzing of people everywhere.
Lorna - you must have put in a lot of time and effort in marketing and making sure everything was planned - basically everything was flawlessly organised right down to bringing with you cold drinks for us in big "buckets" full of ice. Lovely floor and some fine pieces of art on the walls to rest our eyes on whilst cathing our breath in between lot's of superb dances with total beginners and experienced dancers. Thank you and well done!
Also nice not having to drive for too long to get home after a good night of dancing.
Good luck next week and hopefully many successful weeks to come :clap:
Happy dancing :flower:
Mon xx

TheTramp
14th-January-2006, 12:55 PM
I'd especially like to thank Steve (Trampy) for working for nothing last night.

Was a pleasure. Glad to help out.

Great night. Hope that the class succeeds. Look forward to having some more dances in Brechin :flower:

Fab music
Thank you :blush:

Lorna
14th-January-2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah the music was brilliant, sorry forgot to mention that in earlier post, thank you again.

Not sure it was such a good idea as I now have to follow that. :eek:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

TheTramp
14th-January-2006, 01:24 PM
Yeah the music was brilliant,

I gather that Sheena especially enjoyed "It's raining men", followed by the Havana rhythm mix :rolleyes:

Played especially for her of course :flower:

Tiggerbabe
14th-January-2006, 01:38 PM
I gather that Sheena especially enjoyed "It's raining men", followed by the "Havana (rhythm mix)" :rolleyes:

Yeah, what can I say? My evening would have been made perfect if you'd only played the JCB toon as well :eek:

It was a fab night, the venue is amazing (with a great room for the Taxi Review class, once it's in place, too :clap: )
Lovely to see so many experienced dancers there and helping out the beginners. There was a great buzz :D

Well done Lorna :hug: 2 great classes!

and also well done Lynette, the new Venue Manager, who maintained her cool (even when faced with a huge queue of eager beginners desparate to get in and start dancing).

TheTramp
14th-January-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, what can I say? My evening would have been made perfect if you'd only played the JCB toon as well :eek:

You should have said. Though, I did think that your suggestion of following up those two, with the Mavericks was quite enough!! :whistle:

Lorna
14th-January-2006, 03:12 PM
what are you 2 like?

Lynnette was brilliant but then she does have a degree in hotel manangement or something similiar so I knew she would be the ideal candidate for the job and of course she is a good friend and neighbour of mine. Thanks also to Steve for being the fab demo he is.

One more mention I forgot, probably the most important one of all and that is Franck.

I have been harrassing Franck for ages now to open a local night like this since I moved here 1 and 1/2 years ago. Unfortunately, as you know he doesn't have the time to dedicate to opening yet another venue, but I would like to thank him for having faith in me and allowing me to do this. Monica mentioned that I must have marketed it well and put a lot of effort into the opening of the night and yes, I have, but Franck has been getting frantic phone calls from me every day now for the past 2 weeks and he has also helped and supported me a great deal with every stage of the planning. So Franck here's a big kiss and a hug on its way to you via this forum. :hug: :kiss: Thank you.

(Bet you are now all leaning over a bucket :drool: )

So enough of this luvvy nonsense,

See you all in Brechin next Friday.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Franck
14th-January-2006, 04:57 PM
I am still buzzing from last night. What a fab night! :clap:

Big thank you to everyone who turned up to support the opening night. We had over 100 people in there last night. :what: Well done Lorna, and congratulations on a very successful opening! :cheers:

I would have loved to have been there and feel the buzz :D

I know you have worked very hard (and worries about every single detail :wink: ) and it paid off last night. I'm still getting many phone / email enquiries about Brechin, so it looks like next week will be busy too.

So once again well done to you and all the team who helped out on the night! Another great Ceroc Scotland night is born! :clap:

I'm off to the new Glasgow parties at the Glasgow University Union now to get my fix of dancing.

Piglet
14th-January-2006, 05:09 PM
Lorna :worthy: :worthy: Respect! What a night!!! :clap: :cheers:
:yeah: Brilliant night - great fun and great dances!

Will definitely make the effort to get to Brechin as much as I can.

Just one note for anyone else travelling from the North - we thought we'd see the building in front of us and it wasn't until we drove by it that we realised we might have just passed it (its on the left and you don't see the doorway - as lit up as it was and the ceroc banner was on the wrong side for us to see it, also it was dark and I'm a female so what can I say, not overly hot on directions at times - until you drive past it). Mind you, that said - its easy enough to turn around and drive back.

I wish you lots and lots of success with your own special night, Lorna. If last night was anything to go by, you have no worries at all - except that maybe the Brechiners will soon need a second and third night :rofl: But they can't have Tuesday - OK?

Lorna
18th-January-2006, 03:00 PM
Hi guys,

may I just remind you all that Brechin will be on again this Friday.

We are open till 11.30pm so an extra hour of dancing, well worth the trip up or down from Aberdeen, Perth and Dundee.

Go on you know you want to!!!:clap: :clap:

And besides you can all have a laugh at me trying out my DJ skills for the first time :rofl: :rofl:

Hope to see many of you there,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

TheTramp
18th-January-2006, 03:02 PM
And besides you can all have a laugh at me trying out my DJ skills for the first time :rofl: :rofl:

Are you sure that this is the appropriate word?? :whistle:

Lorna
18th-January-2006, 03:11 PM
I did think this as I posted it but hey I'm optimistic! :wink:

Anyway I'll just tell everyone that you have been training me so i'll have you to blame if it all were to go a bit 'Pete Tong'. :rofl:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Scot
18th-January-2006, 10:52 PM
Hi guys,

I am sure you will be great, good luck

Lorna
19th-January-2006, 09:43 PM
Thank you Scot.

Hope to see you soon.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Heather M
19th-January-2006, 11:53 PM
Congratulations Lorna - what a great opening night! :clap: Can't wait till tomorrow! :clap: love hxxxxx

Lorna
20th-January-2006, 05:52 PM
Hloo peeps,

just bringing this thread back up again seeing as though it is Friday again.

The Aberdeen Party has been cancelled tomorrow night but why don't you come down to Brechin instead, we are open till 11.30 at no extra cost!! It's only 40 mins down the road.

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Lorna
21st-January-2006, 01:22 AM
Just back,

absolutely shattered. Had a great evening again. Thank you to everyone who came back to support this new class. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Oh and just 1 little hiccup on the decks, sorry!!:blush:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Dance Demon
21st-January-2006, 03:28 AM
Just back,

absolutely shattered. Had a great evening again. Thank you to everyone who came back to support this new class. I hope you enjoyed yourselves.

Oh and just 1 little hiccup on the decks, sorry!!:blush:

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Glad your night went well Lorna....So...how did the DJing go then:D

Lorna
21st-January-2006, 11:33 AM
Mmmm....

I think I did ok for my first night. A couple of minor hiccups like a couple of songs in the beginner freestyle which were a bit slow for them. But like anything, you learn from your mistakes. I'll know next time.

During the class I had a bit of a problem when I didn't slide the volume control up for a class track and I nearly deafened them all. But Trampy ran up and sorted me out but I'll never do that again.

I am a bit of a techno phobic so this is a big thing for me to be doing this. So all in all it was alright. It's like anything else, the more I do it the better it will get and the less worried about it I wil be. I was more nervous djing for the first time than I was when I taught my first ceroc class.

It is a new night with loads of beginners so I can't play too many challenging tracks yet but I had fun with the music later when a lot of the beginners had left.

Thank you for posting. I have to admit I was a bit upset after reading the other thread last night and went to bed with butterflies in my tummy but that's just the sensitive wee soul that I am underneath. You've made me feel much better DD.

Hope to see you soon,

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Piglet
21st-January-2006, 08:04 PM
Mmmm....

I think I did ok for my first night.
You did wonderfully Lorna!

Another fab night! And the music was perfect!

The best thing for me was how enthusiastic your new male leads were - one guy couldn't smile any bigger if he tried and he said to me that he was loving it! I've never met such keen beginners - reckon it might have a lot to do with them getting 2 beginner classes in an evening for just now. Either that or its just the nature of the lovely people who live down your way.

The only negative I've got to admit to is that my local baker is open all night on a Friday and I've visited it the last 2 Fridays and get home and stuff my face - I'm going to get fat! And I shall have to blame someone else so please steal all my money off of me next time before I drive home so that I can't pop in past and support my local baker as well, or I shall have to blame you :rofl: (I think I need to find some willpower or something)

babycass77
22nd-January-2006, 08:05 PM
Hey Lorna and everyone else

I just wanted to say thank you to all you regular type people for the Brechin class on Friday. I started ceroc tentatively at JJ's last week and loved every minute of it. By Friday, even though I was exhausted from a mental week I decided to go to the Brechin class for "an hour or so" since I just live round the corner in Montrose and I think I was one of the last 4 to leave.:grin: And to think I'd been so petrified both nights! (Especially Friday as I went on my own and hardly knew any faces when I got there.)

After only 2 nights I feel like I was made so welcome at both venues and it was really nice to see a familiar face or 2 on Friday. I am totally hooked already and even though I wasn't really planning to go to Brechin regularly, I think I might just have to.:nice: I hard;y left the floor. (Sorry if I was hogging it!) I only wish I knew some male type people that I could drag along with me.

Lorna I've really enjoyed both your classes so far and am looking forward to many more. Thanks.:flower:

Special thx to Trampy for your dances. I LOVED them all!! You're a star.:clap:

Allicia
xxXXxx

Lorna
22nd-January-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi Babycass,

welcome to the forum and thank you for your lovely comments. I'm just really chuffed that you have enjoyed both your nights so far.

Looking forward to many more,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Baby Peaches
23rd-January-2006, 09:24 PM
Mmmm....

I think I did ok for my first night. A couple of minor hiccups like a couple of songs in the beginner freestyle which were a bit slow for them. But like anything, you learn from your mistakes. I'll know next time.

During the class I had a bit of a problem when I didn't slide the volume control up for a class track and I nearly deafened them all. But Trampy ran up and sorted me out but I'll never do that again.

I am a bit of a techno phobic so this is a big thing for me to be doing this. So all in all it was alright. It's like anything else, the more I do it the better it will get and the less worried about it I wil be. I was more nervous djing for the first time than I was when I taught my first ceroc class.

It is a new night with loads of beginners so I can't play too many challenging tracks yet but I had fun with the music later when a lot of the beginners had left.

Thank you for posting. I have to admit I was a bit upset after reading the other thread last night and went to bed with butterflies in my tummy but that's just the sensitive wee soul that I am underneath. You've made me feel much better DD.

Hope to see you soon,

lotsa love Lorna x-x

Hi Lorna,

I just posted on the Route 66 thread then saw this one. I was just saying huge congratulations to you on the amazing Brechin night. Well done! Ian and I had a fab time. (see route 66 thread).

Take care

Shaz.xx:hug: