PDA

View Full Version : Win XP functionality / configuration

Bob
8th-January-2006, 11:02 PM
I recently upgraded my PC and as part of this have changed from Win2k to Win XP.

My question relates to being able to preview images within Windows Explorer, with Win2k these could be thumbnail previewed as the directory was browsed without having to open the file with a viewer . The Win2k configuration made renaming the default (camera generated) names of any images easier.

Is there a configuration option that can be used to enable this within XP ?

Thanks for any assistance,

Bob

timbp
8th-January-2006, 11:11 PM
On the View menu, choose Thumbnails.
And for folders containing images, I think there is also a Filmstrip option.

Bob
8th-January-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the advice,
I prefer the Win2k version of this functionailty though, looks like its been superseded :)

Thanks again,

Bob

El Salsero Gringo
8th-January-2006, 11:25 PM
In what way superceded? Windows Explorer shows you thumbnails/tiles of images in XP too.

Bob
8th-January-2006, 11:35 PM
This maybe a configuration option. Within Win2k the images could be viewed from the View - Details view.

I note that there is a View - Choose Details option, is it part of this ?

Bob

El Salsero Gringo
8th-January-2006, 11:43 PM
What's wrong with the "View->thumbnails" option? Is that different to Win2k?

Bob
9th-January-2006, 12:02 AM
Essentially, it is similar. The main difference is that you could see the image and file sizes from the 'details' columns at the same time as previewing the thumbnail.

Bob

timbp
9th-January-2006, 12:19 AM
Essentially, it is similar. The main difference is that you could see the image and file sizes from the 'details' columns at the same time as previewing the thumbnail.

Bob
Hover the mouse over the thumbnail?

Are you displaying the folder tree in the left pane of the window? Turn that off (click on the Folders button in the toolbar) and the pane changes to show various common functions for the file, and down the bottom -- Details