PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cabaret Team: UK Champions

Franck
7th-May-2002, 02:06 PM
Wow !!! :nice: :grin: :waycool: :cheers:

Congratulations to the team from Scotland who won the Team Cabaret trophy on Sunday at the Ceroc Championships 2002.

They came first of the 6 teams who entered and while all the entries were fantastic, Scotland came through and won it. :)
The Gangster theme was brilliant and the choreography + musical choice were spot on.
Well done to all the members of the team for making the Ceroc Champs 2002 even more memorable. :cheers:

A big congratulation to everyone from Scotland who entered the competition, you all looked great and did us all proud.
We had a record presence from Scotland this year, with so many of you cheering on and up for a great time.

Franck.

Janet
7th-May-2002, 09:27 PM
Absolutely! I couldnÕt agree more.

:nice: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :nice:

A fabulous win by the Scottish team. I donÕt want to give too much away before their Scottish tour :wink: but it was an excellent routine - very colourful and entertaining!
Also good to see all the CerocScotland venues represented in the team.

As a relative newcomer to this Ceroc thing, I went to the Championships purely for the experience. And what an experience! I donÕt think I have ever danced so much (and slept so little :yum: ) in 48hrs.
I guess the quiet forum today means that I am not the only one who is still recovering? :sick:

I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone else thought of the weekend - I am sure there will be plenty of discussion about the music, venue, judging :devil:, etc - but I'd just like to say that what made the weekend for me was the chance to meet so many new people and make new friends from both north and south of the border. :nice:

So, a big thank you to all the guys who asked me for a dance :waycool: and an even bigger thank you to the men who danced with me when I asked them :wink:.
See you all next year, if not before!

Janet

John S
8th-May-2002, 08:35 AM
Well, what can I say - you can't do better than 1st!!!

The Scottish team looked a million dollars, and did exceptionally well, especially as several members were still in other competitions and were having to do costume changes every ten minutes.

There was a lot of crowd support for the Moulin Rouge team, who really danced their socks off (as well as nearly everything else!) so it must have been a very close call for the judges. How they separated 2 brilliant performances I really don't know, and with the long delay in announcing the result I thought they were going to announce it was a tie for 1st place.

So well done to Scot & the gang for an amazing end to the day. :) :)

As to the venue, I've never been persuaded that Hammersmith is ideal - there really isn't adequate viewing space and the freestyle sessions are a bit like pinball. It all adds to the atmosphere (I suppose!):cool:

filthycute
9th-May-2002, 06:11 PM
WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!:D Thats quite mild actually....it really was amazing :D The cabaret team were wonderful and really did all us Scots proud :grin: There were very few bad points over the weekend...the venue itself being one......not exactly the biggest hall i've seen.....and being a spectator i have to say it did get a bit boring in between the comps.....however that didn't last very long, especially after the new cabaret champs was announced :D

Saturday night was spent having a good old boogie in Ashtons. What a fab night....dancing till the wee small hours....over-indulging in drink........not indulging enough on the sleep side, but hey :wink: you only live once :wink:

All in all the whole weekend came together perfectly.....the people, the dancing the atmosphere......maybe i just don't get out enough hahaha :p

so only one thing left to add..........

when are we doing it again?? :D

filthycute x x

Franck
10th-May-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by filthycute
WHAT A WEEKEND!!!!!!:D Thats quite mild actually....it really was amazing :D
Saturday night was spent having a good old boogie in Ashtons. What a fab night....dancing till the wee small hours....over-indulging in drink........not indulging enough on the sleep side, but hey :wink: you only live once :wink:
I am denying everything, it was not me (probably my evil twin brother :devil: ). I was not there, I did not drink, and I got plenty of sleep... :grin:

Franck.

John McAulay
10th-May-2002, 12:30 PM
Well done one and all.

Photo's look great!

where did the lads get thoose suits from!

Regards

filthycute
10th-May-2002, 05:17 PM
I am denying everything, it was not me (probably my evil twin brother ). I was not there, I did not drink, and I got plenty of sleep...

:eek: THE SHAME!!!!!!

guess i must have been that drunk i was seeing things :p

filthycute x x

Franck
10th-May-2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by filthycute

:eek: THE SHAME!!!!!!

guess i must have been that drunk i was seeing things :p

filthycute x x Quite right, and the things you did not see, did not happen either :wink: :devil: :cheers:

Good band though. :nice:

Franck.