PDA

View Full Version : Funky Lush Sun - Whats it like?

marty_baby
6th-January-2006, 12:31 PM
Hiya all,

Thinking on driving down to London for this Sun.

Whats Funky Lush like tho?
I read that the music is a mix of WCS and Jango.

Is the theme for Funky Lush - "if it is a WCS track - you must WCS to it"

This isn't a slight on WCS or anything - I just wanna know if Funky-Lush is a chance for WCS dancers to dance - and should be left that way.

Is it 50% WCS dancing approx?
Are the WCS tracks Leroc-able/Jango-able (Hope u luv my terminology here! :na: )

My WCS is pretty non existant... I just can't get/remember the footwork...

I'm a pretty laid back kinda dancer, and can quite happily slow it all down to the music etc.... but what about the other dancers?

Cheers
Martin
:cheers:

CJ
6th-January-2006, 01:51 PM
I'm just going for the buns :waycool:

ChrisA
6th-January-2006, 02:03 PM
Whats Funky Lush like tho?
I read that the music is a mix of WCS and Jango.

If it's like the inaugural event, and hopefully it will be, then 95%, probably more, of the dancing you'll see will be modern jive. There are no rules about what you dance.

The music last time was a delightfully varied mix of bluesy, latiny, tangoy, slowish to mid-tempo stuff, with heaps of interesting interpretable content.

And the dancers were mostly the sort of people that tend to prefer that to pop music.

So if you like that sort of thing, come on down. MJ will be fine, WCS too if you feel like it. No pressure.

Sparkles
6th-January-2006, 02:06 PM
And I'll try not to stand on you this time. I'm so sorry! :flower:

I wish the ground had swallowed me :blush:

marty_baby
6th-January-2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the info guys! :nice:

So we can Jango/Leroc to most of it huh?.... cool...
...a policy of not treading on people... cool as well.... :wink:

:D only kidding Sparkles!... no problems about greenwich... I did have a delightful bruise, with an outline of a ladies heel the next morning tho!

Have a great weekend guys, hope to see you all on Sunday then! :hug:

Cheers
Martin
:na:

David Bailey
6th-January-2006, 04:37 PM
It's Funky and Lushy, what more information do you want? :)

Am I the only one who now wants to call them Flush and Mush (Monday Lush) now?

Cruella
6th-January-2006, 04:41 PM
It's Funky and Lushy, what more information do you want? :)

Am I the only one who now wants to call them Flush and Mush (Monday Lush) now?
So are you going to join us DJ?

David Bailey
6th-January-2006, 04:49 PM
So are you going to join us DJ?
Don't be silly, it's much more fun making up silly names.

Seriously, I'll probably pop along to the next Sat evening one, as long as I'm free. Or, you know, not washing my hair or something.

Simon
6th-January-2006, 07:16 PM
.... but what about the other dancers?

Don't worry, Marty, there'll be some other Bristolians there to keep you company, too! :cheers:

Missy D
6th-January-2006, 07:44 PM
So where is this place and what time does it start and finish?:confused:

Cruella
6th-January-2006, 07:51 PM
Southall Community Centre, 20 Merrick Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 4AU

Time 2-6pm
:flower:

Missy D
6th-January-2006, 07:52 PM
Southall Community Centre, 20 Merrick Road, Southall, Middlesex, UB2 4AU

Time 2-6pm
:flower:

Thanks for that!:flower:

marty_baby
6th-January-2006, 08:04 PM
Don't worry, Marty, there'll be some other Bristolians there to keep you company, too! :cheers:

Oh cool!... It gets better and better! :)

If you guys are turning up, I'll see if Matt and Becky fancy going along as well!... will also check with Elaine and Simon etc...

It wierd, but Becky R. was saying the other day how she missed dancing with you... (How your name came up, when we were originally talking about how she missed dancing with ME, I don't know!.... :angry: :rofl: )

Cheers
Martin

ElaineB
7th-January-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh cool!... It gets better and better! :)

If you guys are turning up, I'll see if Matt and Becky fancy going along as well!... will also check with Elaine and Simon etc...

It wierd, but Becky R. was saying the other day how she missed dancing with you... (How your name came up, when we were originally talking about how she missed dancing with ME, I don't know!.... :angry: :rofl: )

Cheers
Martin

Can't make I'm afraid chaps - we will be busy stripping! :D You will have a brilliant time Marty. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

PS - Anyone know when the next Tea Dance is on at Hammersmith? Nothing on the web site.........

under par
7th-January-2006, 02:17 PM
Can't make I'm afraid chaps - we will be busy stripping! :D You will have a brilliant time Marty. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

PS - Anyone know when the next Tea Dance is on at Hammersmith? Nothing on the web site.........

last sunday in the month from an e-mail I got.

ElaineB
7th-January-2006, 02:20 PM
last sunday in the month from an e-mail I got.

Yep, just opened hotmail myself and found the info - thanks Mr P! :flower: See you there?

Elaine

marty_baby
7th-January-2006, 05:24 PM

Elaine

Awww shame you guys can't make it!

To be honest with you, I'm touch and go as well... Bit unwell from last week. (Well, 2 days off work, and up to eyeballs in antibiotics etc!...) Being reasonably sensible....Tywford is off for me, but I was hoping I'd pick up in time for Sun's FL....

I was going to decide about whether I'd be well enough to go to FL this morning, and call around to everyone etc... Not looking good.... I'm now leaving it to tommorow morning! :o

Unless I feel ALOT better by tommorow morning - I'll leave it this time around. :tears: I also don't want to give others a fluey cold as well! I'm past the contagious period, but still...! :tears:

Cheers
Martin

PS:
Forgive me all for driveling on... cough cough....! :whistle: :rofl:

Keith J
7th-January-2006, 05:44 PM
ahhhhhh Funky Lush, based in the green pastures of Southall, were east meets west, equally a fusion of dance styles and souls meet and mix in a bowl of spicey to chilled tracks from the wheels of steel of the Obe One Kenobe (feel the force).
High ceilings and simple surrounds and a sound floor is all there.
As to the faces, welcome to the dark side, yes contingents from West Coast Swing enjoy the slower to more moderate tempos, allowing jivers to slink down into blues. From speakers afar beats in exces sof 120 per minute alos pulse raising temp and pulses alike.
Its all things for all dancers, welocme to the dark side Luke.

marty_baby
7th-January-2006, 05:55 PM
....awww keith mate...

You are not making me feel any better - if I can't it tommorrow! :rofl: I know what you are talking about tho - and it sounds a fantastic way to while away a sunday afternoon.

...umm... but I've read some of the prev thread on Funky Lush - it is a cold kinda venue? (High ceillings etc, great for summer - winter - brave it you healthy dancers!)

...not really a problem if you are dancing all the time... but I've a feeling I'll be pacing myself etc. (Man, I hate being under weather - and having to take these things into consideration!)

Yours sincerely
...astmatically wheezing martin! :rofl:
(Thats is - if I was a horse - shoot me now! :rolleyes: )

wicked blue
7th-January-2006, 07:48 PM
I also don't want to give others a fluey cold as well!

How very thoughtful of you!! Have just got over a cold myself so i feel i've had my quota thanks!! :what:

Mary
7th-January-2006, 08:33 PM
Apparently last time they were asked to keep the heating turned down (as everyone tends to get quite hot!), but they actually turned it OFF!!!!!!!

I think that may have been rectified. I certainly hope so!

M

Almost an Angel
7th-January-2006, 09:45 PM
No fair İ`m going to miss thıs sunday.
Although İ do have a brılliant excuse - İ`m ın Turkey Skiing :D :D !!!!!

We have lots and lots of real snow and everything.

İ`ll just have to look forward to the next one (hint ıs there plans for a next one).

Have fun without me İ`ll think of you while İ`m on the piste.

Angel xxx