PDA

View Full Version : Celeb BB 2006

David Bailey
6th-January-2006, 11:01 AM
OK, I know, I've been resisting, but someone's going to talk about it....

1. Traci Bingham: Baywatch "star"
2. George Galloway - :eek:
3. Jodie Marsh - glamour model
4. Dennis Rodman- ex-basketball star
5. Faria Alam - shagged FA guys
6. Michael Barrymore - ex-TV presenter
7. Rula Lenska - actress
8. Preston - Lead singer in The Ordinary Boys.
9. Maggot - Rapper from the Goldie Lookin' Chain.
10. Pete Burns - Lead singer from 80s band Dead Or Alive.
11. Chantelle - fake celeb (now there's a contradiction in terms :rolleyes: )

In other words, what a bunch of total saddos...

Northants Girly
6th-January-2006, 11:32 AM
In other words, what a bunch of total saddos...What a bunch of people mostly whom I've never even heard of! :sick:

drathzel
6th-January-2006, 11:35 AM
What a bunch of people mostly whom I've never even heard of! :sick:
:yeah: I only really heard of a few of them too!:mad:

LordOfTheFiles
6th-January-2006, 11:45 AM
Come on now. I am not an NBA fan, but even I have heard of Dennis Rodman

LordOfTheFiles
6th-January-2006, 11:47 AM

And that is a bit of a cheap shot considering she was in one of the most popular TV shows on the planet for several years. Whether she can act is another matter, but she was definitely succesful

murphy
6th-January-2006, 12:26 PM
And that is a bit of a cheap shot considering she was in one of the most popular TV shows on the planet for several years. Whether she can act is another matter, but she was definitely succesful

Successful? What else has she appeared in??

:confused:

TiggsTours
6th-January-2006, 12:32 PM
Oh come on! You're underplaying this a little aren't you? According to Davina, Preston is actually the lead singer of the coolest band around today!

(so, has anybody ever actually heard of The Ordinary Boys?)

LMC
6th-January-2006, 12:39 PM
I never watch these days (saw the first one, that was enough thanks) but I thought that the line up was pretty impressive in that I've actually heard of most of them.

Maggot used to temp through the agency I work for - several people here know him (although I've never met him)

TiggsTours
6th-January-2006, 12:45 PM
The only thing worse, on British TV, nowadays than Big Brother, is Celebrity Big Brother!

The only reason I knew anything about it is because I was chatting to my best friend last night on the phone, and she was watching it, and kept going on about it, even though I kept telling her I wasn't interested!

How long's this one on for? Thank God I'm away for at least a week of it!

under par
6th-January-2006, 12:57 PM
:yeah: I only really heard of a few of them too!:mad:

You must of all heard of CHANTELLE!

Where have you all been ?

I know who the saddos are now if you've never bought one of her 78s:whistle:

Barry Shnikov
6th-January-2006, 12:58 PM
Celeb BB?

As in unBelievably Boring?

Dreadful Scathe
6th-January-2006, 12:59 PM
Rodman was my hero :) I may watch this now. I have a Rodman Chicago Bulls top. He also went out with Cindy Crawford and is a famouse cross dresser ;)

robd
6th-January-2006, 01:10 PM

"You spin me right round baby, right round like a record baby, right round
round round"

Now that is a song to dance yourself dizzy to.

under par
6th-January-2006, 01:14 PM
"You spin me right round baby, right round like a record baby, right round
round round"

Now that is a song to dance yourself dizzy to.

That was out in 78 format too wasn't it.

Seems to be a theme here:whistle:

under par
6th-January-2006, 01:21 PM

1. Traci Bingham: Baywatch "star" ......... Bust size 78 cm
2. George Galloway - :eek: ...............took 78 million from Saddam
3. Jodie Marsh - glamour model ...........78 page 3 appearances
4. Dennis Rodman- ex-basketball star ............wore no 78 on his shirt
5. Faria Alam - shagged FA guys .............78 FA guys
6. Michael Barrymore - ex-TV presenter ...................enjoys 78 (69 with 9 people watching)
7. Rula Lenska - actress .................went out with Dennis waterman in 19...78
8. Preston - Lead singer in The Ordinary Boys........... 78 records released without a hit
9. Maggot - Rapper from the Goldie Lookin' Chain. ......... lives at 78 Acacia Avenue
10. Pete Burns - Lead singer from 80s band Dead Or Alive. .........released 78s in his heyday

In other words, what a bunch of total saddos...:yeah: :yeah: definitely a theme

Donna
6th-January-2006, 01:40 PM
What a bunch of people mostly whom I've never even heard of! :sick:

I know! I hardly know any of them...apart from Micheal Barrymore. And to think he'd get in!:angry: The family of the man who was found dead are absolutely livid! I'm not surprised. Bet he'll be the first to go. If he lasts a while, this could just get him back in business again. Oh dear.

Barry Shnikov
6th-January-2006, 08:34 PM
What about George Galloway?

How is he going to represent the interests of his constituents from in there?

David Bailey
6th-January-2006, 09:40 PM
What about George Galloway?

How is he going to represent the interests of his constituents from in there?
:rofl: I'd rep you, but I need to spread it around first.

Piglet
7th-January-2006, 06:00 PM
I wasn't going to watch this, but once I heard that Michael Barrymore was in it then I just had to. I really like him and hope that he does end up on telly again. I think he's a natural entertainer and I for one miss seeing him on our screens.

Also have a soft spot for Pete Burns. And Rula - go girl!

Not overly bothered about any of the rest at the moment but really enjoyed Michael telling Traci that he was a gyno to the celebs and she seems to have been taken in hook, line and sinker - fair enough she's American so what would she know about Barrymore. But for Chantelle to fall for it too and she lives in the UK. Absolute class!

Dance Demon
7th-January-2006, 06:09 PM
I know! I hardly know any of them...apart from Micheal Barrymore. And to think he'd get in!:angry: The family of the man who was found dead are absolutely livid! I'm not surprised. Bet he'll be the first to go. If he lasts a while, this could just get him back in business again. Oh dear.

I bet everyone stays well clear of the pool while he's still in there.....I'm really surprised he's on this show.. Seems as good a reason as any not to watch it.....that and the fact that it's total poo:rolleyes:

Minnie M
7th-January-2006, 06:14 PM
I wasn't going to watch this, but once I heard that Michael Barrymore was in it then I just had to. I really like him and hope that he does end up on telly again. I think he's a natural entertainer and I for one miss seeing him on our screens...........
:eek: :eek: :eek: Piglet really.... he is IMO the saddest person there .... did you see his pathetic attempt last night in trying to appeal to us by crying ...... come on ...... would like to write what I really feel, but this is an open forum and you never know who is reading... would hate to be sued :blush:

I have only seen 'snipets' - it is truly dreadful............ what dribble are they putting on the TV these days.... wouldn't even be surprised if Michael Barrymoore has a Fitness Video ready to release when he gets out too :rolleyes:

Barry Shnikov
8th-January-2006, 12:20 PM
:blush:

Have to confess I've developed a sort of fascination for Jodie Marsh's nose. When she's on-screen I follow it like a dog's eyes follow a chocolate drop.

What is that on the end? Some sort of helicopter landing pad?

David Franklin
8th-January-2006, 12:22 PM
wouldn't even be surprised if Michael Barrymoore has a Fitness Video ready to release when he gets out too :rolleyes:Aqua Aerobics? :devil:

ElaineB
8th-January-2006, 12:41 PM
Hmmmm, stripping wallpaper or watching BB........stripping wallpaper seems the better option to me!

I don't watch it and never will, but I read in the Times that Michael Barrymore seems to be acting a little weird - well get away! He is possibly the reason that a lot of people will start watching this series - morbid fascination I suppose!

Elaine

Swinging bee
8th-January-2006, 03:30 PM

2. George Galloway - :eek:
3. Jodie Marsh - glamour model
4. Dennis Rodman- ex-basketball star
5. Faria Alam - shagged FA guys
6. Michael Barrymore - ex-TV presenter
7. Rula Lenska - actress
8. Preston - Lead singer in The Ordinary Boys.
9. Maggot - Rapper from the Goldie Lookin' Chain.

In other words, what a bunch of total saddos...

To be honest I would rather lick dog pee from a thistle than watch this load of B......s:yeah:

David Bailey
8th-January-2006, 03:40 PM
Hmmmm, stripping wallpaper or watching BB........stripping wallpaper seems the better option to me!
I tuned into this for 5 minutes on E4 (by accident, I forgot that all the "4"s have wall-to-wall coverage of this major medjahh event) last night - it was weird, all it had was people, well, sleeping.

And they broadcast this stuff.

And people watch it. Footage of people sleeping. :what:

I read in the Times that Michael Barrymore seems to be acting a little weird - well get away! He is possibly the reason that a lot of people will start watching this series - morbid fascination I suppose!
It's tempting to start a poll - "Who's the weirdest Michael: Barrymore or Jackson?"... :)

jacksondonut
8th-January-2006, 03:44 PM
:what:

Oh my God....is this what entertainment on the tv has come to? :eek: I am so glad that I avoid watching television... apart from not recognising hardly any of these 'celebrities', I would much rather be out dancing or amusing myself in some other way, anything.... even cleaning the toilet has more appeal... :rofl:

jacksondonut
8th-January-2006, 03:46 PM
It's tempting to start a poll - "Who's the weirdest Michael: Barrymore or Jackson?"... :)

Oh dear... I hope you dont mean me ...:rofl: :rofl:

David Bailey
8th-January-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh my God....is this what entertainment on the tv has come to?
Actually, no - I personally think reality TV is on its way out, at least in the "torturing members of the public" sense. Look at the abysmal failure of Space Cadets, and the falling ratings of "normal" (!) Big Brother.

There's definitely a lot of mileage in seeing celebrities do things - either benignly as with SCD, or malignly as with "I'm a celeb" or this one.

But broadcasting footage of people sleeping, what's all that about then? Channel 4 are the new Channel 5. In fact, Channel 5 programmes are much more watchable now than C4 I reckon.

British TV quality in general I think is picking up a bit, perhaps driven by the Beeb's re-invigorated programming. I was reading about this in a paper a day or two ago, and SCD and Dr Who seem to have reminded the BBC that they're quite good at doing this sort of thing. So 2006 could be a better TV year, let's hope.

Piglet
8th-January-2006, 10:52 PM
he is IMO the saddest person there
:yeah: Sad as in the emotion sad!
I would be too if the British press had hounded me like they have hounded him. I probably went through a phase of not thinking much of him either because of the press, but when I think about if it were me in his boots then I have every sympathy. We are all capable of doing silly things in moments of weakness/stupidity. Should we be persecuted for this though?
And in my defence I don't do drugs nor drink to excess (nor oblivion) and I don't do sex with anyone and everyone - but everyone at his party was an adult from my understanding and adults make their own choices.

WittyBird
8th-January-2006, 11:05 PM
Sorry but none of this 'Celebrity' cr4p interests me at all. I can't abide shows like the jungle thing or big brother thing hence I don't watch them. I would rather watch paint dry or be stuck in a hospital bed :rolleyes:

Barry Shnikov
9th-January-2006, 01:15 AM
Sorry but none of this 'Celebrity' cr4p interests me at all. I can't abide shows like the jungle thing or big brother thing hence I don't watch them. I would rather watch paint dry or be stuck in a hospital bed :rolleyes:

R U posting from hospital? How are you feeling?

Heather
9th-January-2006, 08:50 AM
I was listening to the radio this morning and heard that the Americans are about to plumb new depths in reality shows!!!:sick:
Their newest show is the feature the Jackson family - is this a desperate attempt by Michael Jackson and co to connect with the outside world ?
I for one will NOT be watching it- but I wonder how many others with a sick fascination, will?

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

Barry Shnikov
9th-January-2006, 10:40 AM
I was listening to the radio this morning and heard that the Americans are about to plumb new depths in reality shows!!!:sick:
Their newest show is the feature the Jackson family - is this a desperate attempt by Michael Jackson and co to connect with the outside world ?
I for one will NOT be watching it- but I wonder how many others with a sick fascination, will?

:hug: :kiss:
Heather,
xx

It might be interesting to see whether 'Janet' and 'Michael' ever appeared in the same scene together...

Lynn
9th-January-2006, 01:02 PM
Actually, no - I personally think reality TV is on its way out, at least in the "torturing members of the public" sense. Look at the abysmal failure of Space Cadets, and the falling ratings of "normal" (!) Big Brother. People were bound to get fed up with it eventually. In terms of entertainment, it was the novelty factor that got most people watching, but its lost that now and has to get increasingly extreme eg Space Cadets, to try and retain that.
There's definitely a lot of mileage in seeing celebrities do things - either benignly as with SCD, or malignly as with "I'm a celeb" or this one. Or the 'Soapstar Superstars' singing competition on at the moment and the forthcoming Dancing on Ice. (I still think the BB format is tired and overdone, celebs or not.)