PDA

View Full Version : Another rep question

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-January-2006, 08:45 PM
I would like to know how long I have to wait until I can rep people more than one point. Does it depend on how long you have been a member of the forum, or how much rep you have acquired yourself, or both perhaps?

Ash x

ducasi
4th-January-2006, 08:55 PM
About 4 months, 1454 posts, or 147 rep points more.

(To come to 1 year, 2000 posts, or 250 points.)

David Bailey
4th-January-2006, 09:12 PM
Ooh, more rep-talk :)

I think you're asking about power - i.e. when does your sent rep count for more than one point?

Power is the number (1-10, I believe) that is assigned to your rep message thingy. Your power starts at 1 after the first 10 posts, then goes up by 1 for:
- every 2,000 posts
- every year you're on the forum
- every 250 rep points you get

Hope that helps.

EDIT: hell, too slow again... :tears:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
4th-January-2006, 09:54 PM
Thank you. All is now clear. I guess it must be quite annoying for those people who are used to getting lots and lots of rep everyday to make do with my one single point per post, eh, David? :whistle:

David Bailey
4th-January-2006, 10:29 PM
Thank you. All is now clear. I guess it must be quite annoying for those people who are used to getting lots and lots of rep everyday to make do with my one single point per post, eh, David? :whistle:
Every little counts... :whistle:

Seriously, it's like Xmas cards, for me - I appreciate the ones with some writing on them beyond "Merry Xmas" as much as or more than the ones which cost lots of money. Shows more thought has gone into them.

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-April-2006, 03:24 PM
Ooh, more rep-talk :)

I think you're asking about power - i.e. when does your sent rep count for more than one point?

Power is the number (1-10, I believe) that is assigned to your rep message thingy. Your power starts at 1 after the first 10 posts, then goes up by 1 for:
- every 2,000 posts
- every year you're on the forum
- every 250 rep points you get

Hope that helps.

EDIT: hell, too slow again... :tears:

I've been on the forum for a year now and I still can't rep more than one point! :confused:

under par
16th-April-2006, 03:34 PM
I've been on the forum for a year now and I still can't rep more than one point! :confused:

Yes you can.. you have a power of 2.

Any positive rep will be 2

Any negative rep I believe will be 50 % of your power.

Maybe you are giving out too much neg rep !!

Try positive rep on me and I bet it goes up by 2.... I'll give the rep back after honest:whistle:

Jazz_Shoes (Ash)
16th-April-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes you can.. you have a power of 2.

Any positive rep will be 2

Any negative rep I believe will be 50 % of your power.

Maybe you are giving out too much neg rep !!

Try positive rep on me and I bet it goes up by 2.... I'll give the rep back after honest:whistle:

Oh yeah, you are right lol. So that means that I can't decide whether I want to give one or two points of rep away? that was what was confusing me, thanks, all cleared up now :grin: xxx

under par
16th-April-2006, 05:28 PM
Oh yeah, you are right lol. So that means that I can't decide whether I want to give one or two points of rep away? that was what was confusing me, thanks, all cleared up now :grin: xxx

Thankyou:D I have been trying to give you the 2 points back but it wont let me sorry:innocent: :innocent: