PDA

View Full Version : What are your boss' irritating habits?

LMC
4th-January-2006, 03:09 PM
If your boss reads the forum maybe better not to post...

although this is a thread meant for minor irritations rather than industrial tribunal evidence... (I just feel like a moan, so there)

On the whole, I have a great boss - he didn't bat an eyelid when I took a 1h45 hour lunch break yesterday (Tessalicious' fault). He doesn't bear grudges if he has to tell me off (and 99.9% of the time I deserve it) and he's generous (and specific) with praise.

BUT

Every so often he feels the need for a "cleansing". No, my job description does not include administration of colonic irrigation. It's what he calls the hour-long sessions he spends going through all his in/out/pending trays, throwing some paper out, piling a larger proportion on his desk to "deal with", delegating an even larger proportion to me and the rest goes back in the trays. "Why oh why" does he feel the need for me to be sat there, basically doing SFA while he does this? It's flattering to be an inspiration and all, but an inspiration to tidy up? :tears:

What does your boss do that drives you nuts?

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 03:15 PM
If your boss reads the forum maybe better not to post...

What if your boss OWNS the forum??? :tears:

Little Em
4th-January-2006, 03:17 PM

better to keep schtum! :wink:

Franck
4th-January-2006, 03:19 PM
I can't think what you're trying to say! :eek: :whistle:

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 03:24 PM
I can't think what you're trying to say! :eek: :whistle:
I think that I was trying to say that my boss owns the forum. It's quite simple really. Nothing hidden in there at all!! :whistle:

TiggsTours
4th-January-2006, 04:39 PM
Breathing.

Aleks
4th-January-2006, 04:45 PM
[SIZE="1"]blah blah "cleansing" blah blah the need for me to be sat there, basically doing SFA while he does this

My boss does this too...I've come to realise that she needs support to be organised and me sitting the other side of her desk while she talks (mainly to herself) about what needs doing makes her more efficient. She also pays me by the hour :wink:

Tessalicious
4th-January-2006, 05:54 PM
Breathing
My boss does this too...Shocking behaviour I say - ought to be forbidden. Not to mention all those chemicals involved... :innocent:

WittyBird
4th-January-2006, 05:58 PM

Apart from breathing as TT said :worthy:
She wears these hideous suits and thinks she looks amazing. She also complains if you have a hair out of place. :mad:

Dance Demon
4th-January-2006, 10:15 PM
My boss does this too...I've come to realise that she needs support to be organised and me sitting the other side of her desk while she talks (mainly to herself) about what needs doing makes her more efficient. She also pays me by the hour :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .............what's it worth for me not to tell her...:devil: :devil: :whistle:

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 10:24 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .............what's it worth for me not to tell her...:devil: :devil: :whistle:

I dunno....

I think that there's a much better blackmail opportunity here:

Breathing.

LMC
5th-January-2006, 12:57 AM
At least you can get medical treatment for that. Contract killers are much more expensive :(

philsmove
5th-January-2006, 01:07 AM

And what you do, when you are the Boss and you know your staff read the forum? :blush:

T are you reading this :flower:

Missy D
5th-January-2006, 09:40 AM
My boss has many irratating habits:-

Still in her dressing gown and slippers when we have customers.

Having morning breath.

Not calculating the vat right on the invoices and adding them to sage.

Losing the cheque and paying in books.

Having no memory.

Not letting me have a lunch break.

Saying the most embarassing things to customer ie:- This customer was breast feeding her baby the other day and my boss said "hey what great nipples you have! Can I cast them:eek: I was so embarrassed.

Being moody.

Being really messy.

Not clearing up the dead creatures that her cat catches. A dead mouse was under my desk yesterday.

Leaving me with her 96 year old mother in law for a week whilst she goes on holiday.

The list goes on and on.

Can anyone beat this?

Little Monkey
5th-January-2006, 10:14 AM
The list goes on and on.

Can anyone beat this?

Hmmmm, lemmeseee..........

My boss is really unorganised, comes in late all the time, expexts me to work with hazardous materials without proper safety equipment, expexts me to eat whilst working, talks to herself, has no clue about filing paper work etc etc.... There's no end to her bad habits! And the worst bit is.................

...........................it's me!!!:eek:

Lynn
5th-January-2006, 12:22 PM
What does your boss do that drives you nuts?Waits till 12:50pm, suddenly seems to remember that I finish at 1pm and phones/arrives in my office with something that needs done before I go! :rolleyes:

Asif
5th-January-2006, 01:02 PM
That's not my boss, that's just the stearing wheel i've got down my pants (think about it...............). :whistle:

I've got no boss!! (that's cos i've got no job :tears: ). So, if any of you out there would like to do a swap for a day, i'd gladly put up with yours.