PDA

View Full Version : Who's Competing At Blackpool This Year Then???

Donna
4th-January-2006, 01:58 PM
I'm going in for it again this year. Anyone else?

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 02:51 PM
Might be :whistle:

Little Em
4th-January-2006, 02:52 PM
i would compete if i had a partner! :tears:

drathzel
4th-January-2006, 03:01 PM
I cant compete, now that i am a teacher i'd need to compete higher than i am ready too:tears:

stewart38
4th-January-2006, 03:13 PM

Ditto :sad:

CJ
4th-January-2006, 03:30 PM
Would like to.

No partner.

Yet..... PMs welcome:D

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 03:33 PM
Would like to.

No partner.

Yet..... PMs welcome:D

Stewart38 is apparently available....:innocent:

CJ
4th-January-2006, 03:38 PM
Stewart38 is apparently available....:innocent:

Like that's going to change?!?:rolleyes:

stewart38
4th-January-2006, 03:40 PM
Like that's going to change?!?:rolleyes:

I have a partner now :nice: sorry CJ better luck next time :sad:

drathzel
4th-January-2006, 03:47 PM

See how wonderful the forum is...anyone can get a dance partner!!:D

TheTramp
4th-January-2006, 04:10 PM
See how wonderful the forum is...anyone can get a dance partner!!:D

Have you yet?? :flower:

David Franklin
4th-January-2006, 04:14 PM
I would compete in the arials section if I had a washing machine willing to make the journey... :whistle:

drathzel
4th-January-2006, 04:15 PM
Have you yet?? :flower:
Nope, but i dont want one!:yum:

Little Monkey
4th-January-2006, 04:17 PM
I'll compete!

Just need new spine and a dance partner.................:blush:

Dance Demon
4th-January-2006, 05:38 PM
I'll compete!

Just need new spine and a dance partner.................:blush:`

Never had you down as being spineless LM......:whistle: :whistle: .....

Little Monkey
4th-January-2006, 05:40 PM
`

Never had you down as being spineless LM......:whistle: :whistle: .....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

stewart38
4th-January-2006, 05:57 PM
I would compete in the arials section if I had a washing machine willing to make the journey... :whistle:

I heard Daz cleared up last year :whistle:

WittyBird
4th-January-2006, 06:02 PM
Whose that then? :whistle:

Tazmanian Devil
4th-January-2006, 07:28 PM
I'm going in for it again this year. Anyone else?
When is it? :hug: :kiss:

under par
4th-January-2006, 07:36 PM

first weekend of March when Ceroc Storm is on.

ElaineB
4th-January-2006, 07:50 PM
Me and 'im (Simon) will be competing again - probably hanging up the competition dance shoes for a year after that........need more time to.........dance! :D

Elaine

Tazmanian Devil
5th-January-2006, 01:11 AM
first weekend of March when Ceroc Storm is on.
Oooh won't be doing that then am already booked for storm. :sad: Damn :angry:

Dorothy
5th-January-2006, 10:59 AM
Is this an event that is worth going to watch? Obviously it will be quite a spectacle but doesn't it get rather boring after 8 hours? Can't decide whether to go or not.

Northants Girly
5th-January-2006, 11:12 AM
Is this an event that is worth going to watch? Obviously it will be quite a spectacle but doesn't it get rather boring after 8 hours? Can't decide whether to go or not.I'd say it is worth watching definitely. :nice:
If you do get bored you can always pop out to the shops which are just outside!

I went 2 years ago soon after I'd started dancing and as a beginner it was really inspiring. There's loads of freestyle bits during the course of the day too so you do get to dance a little while the competition is on. Then of course theres a great freestyle on Friday and Saturday evenings.:grin:

Donna
5th-January-2006, 01:32 PM
Might be :whistle:

I've only danced with you once! Might see you there then.:)

Donna
5th-January-2006, 01:41 PM
:kiss:

It's on Sat 4th March.

Friday Tickets are £15. Saturday Tickets - £25

Prices for entering

INTERMEDIATE - £15 per couple

ADVANCED - £25 per couple

TAKE A CHANCE - £6 per person

SENIOR SECTION - £ 15 per couple

AIR STEPS - £20 per couple

DOUBLE TROUBLE - £24 per trio

SPOT LIGHT - £40 per couple

TEAM CABARET- £45 per team

There is also a DJ competition if anyone is interested in giving that a whirl.
All you have to to do is send in a CD in by Jan 31st. Applicants should compile a play list of 8 slow tracks ( with a similar feel) and 8 faster tracks (again with a similar feel)

Good luck.

:kiss: :hug:

TheTramp
5th-January-2006, 01:42 PM
I've only danced with you once! Might see you there then.:)

There's lucky you are then. Some people have to put up with dancing with me every week!! :whistle:

Donna
5th-January-2006, 01:44 PM
Is this an event that is worth going to watch? Obviously it will be quite a spectacle but doesn't it get rather boring after 8 hours? Can't decide whether to go or not.

Really! I recommend it! You'll LOVE it! You will be dancing with peeps from all over the country, some really top ones too. You won't know what you're missing if you don't go. See you there?

jammy
5th-January-2006, 07:20 PM
There's lucky you are then. Some people have to put up with dancing with me every week!! :whistle:
so im lucky its only normaly like once a month for me then?:D

Donna
6th-January-2006, 01:19 PM
so im lucky its only normaly like once a month for me then?:D

Think mine will be once a year!

Angelina
12th-January-2006, 05:11 PM
Hi there

Just a quick reminder to all those who are entering this year and havent sent in the application forms yet.

We are currently being bombarded with application forms and with the dead line aproaching i recommend you get your application in as soon as possible - we do have limits on each round and we dont want you to miss out

Look forward to seeing you in March!

Angelina + The C2dTeam xx

stewart38
12th-January-2006, 05:14 PM

It was very hard last year to get any idea how much free style there was which ****** me off :sad:

Angelina
12th-January-2006, 05:46 PM
It was very hard last year to get any idea how much free style there was which ****** me off :sad:

can't make out what you are saying here?

Angie x

Graham W
14th-January-2006, 03:44 PM
Dorothy,

Blackpool is the wembley of dance, for me..

g

Divissima
14th-January-2006, 07:06 PM
I love Chance 2 Dance - my favourite of all the comps I have been to. I'll be competing this year :waycool:

Jodie's_Demo
14th-January-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm competing at Blackpool, entering with my sister. Can't wait dead excited!:clap:

ChrisA
14th-January-2006, 07:33 PM
I love Chance 2 Dance - my favourite of all the comps I have been to. I'll be competing this year :waycool:
Let's hope you can find a decent partner....:na:

kriss
14th-January-2006, 08:21 PM
would like to compete in this, is there a website to get more info and application form?

x

Cruella
14th-January-2006, 08:26 PM
Let's hope you can find a decent partner....:na:
I know, she's got a dodgy one at the moment. I'm sure Toby will help keep him in line.:wink:

ChrisA
14th-January-2006, 11:48 PM
Toby will help keep him in line.:wink:
Yeah, he'll probably help some other non-competitor keep him in line... :devil:

foxylady
15th-January-2006, 12:10 AM
Wish I had a partner :sigh:

Anna
15th-January-2006, 08:27 AM
When is Blackpool exactly? :confused:

I may be tempted to come over and observe.. perhaps even participate!! :eek:

marty_baby
15th-January-2006, 10:57 AM
Are you Serious Anna??!!?! :D

The web site is:
http://www.achance2dance.co.uk/

wow, now thats what I call "love of jive!"

Martin
:hug:

Anna
16th-January-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah sure why not... you only live once!!

Just depends when it is - as in whether I'm on holiday or not.. :cool:

Donna
16th-January-2006, 02:40 PM
Hi there

Just a quick reminder to all those who are entering this year and havent sent in the application forms yet.

We are currently being bombarded with application forms and with the dead line aproaching i recommend you get your application in as soon as possible - we do have limits on each round and we dont want you to miss out

Look forward to seeing you in March!

Angelina + The C2dTeam xx

Burlimey! Best get it sorted asap then! We didn't send ours off until just 3 or 4 weeks before the comp last year!

Got a feeling a will be a lot tougher than last year. :rolleyes:

TheTramp
16th-January-2006, 04:34 PM
Got a feeling a will be a lot tougher than last year. :rolleyes:

Why's that then??

Donna
16th-January-2006, 06:31 PM
Why's that then??

Dunno. Well, it sounds as though a lot more people are going to be entering than last year and I know a few of them.

At least we won't be up against Janine and Clayton and Phil and Yuko...unless she has found another partner??? Anyone heard anything lately?

Cruella
16th-January-2006, 07:04 PM
Dunno. Well, it sounds as though a lot more people are going to be entering than last year and I know a few of them.

At least we won't be up against Janine and Clayton and Phil and Yuko...unless she has found another partner??? Anyone heard anything lately?
Won't reveal my source, i was told today that Phil and Yuko are competing together this year.

Donna
16th-January-2006, 07:23 PM
Won't reveal my source, i was told today that Phil and Yuko are competing together this year.

Gulp!:eek: Creamed already then! :tears:

Donna
24th-January-2006, 02:41 PM
When is Blackpool exactly? :confused:

I may be tempted to come over and observe.. perhaps even participate!! :eek:

Well are you coming over then Anna?

marty_baby
25th-January-2006, 06:01 PM
We are! :na:

I just got the tickets through the door! DWAS and intermeadiates if you please :yum:

We are really looking forward to it. Brighton was a real experience... and I understand Blackpool is 4 times as big at least! wow.... :what: :D

Bring it on! Can't wait :D

Martin
:cheers:

Lindsay
30th-January-2006, 12:58 AM
Just got my pack through too... Can't wait!
Will the Scottish pipers be there this year?? :yum:

Dorothy
30th-January-2006, 02:38 PM
There seems to be a lot going from scotland this year.
I am looking forward to watching it all, this'll be my 1st year :)

Donna
30th-January-2006, 04:07 PM
We are! :na:

I just got the tickets through the door! DWAS and intermeadiates if you please :yum:

We are really looking forward to it. Brighton was a real experience... and I understand Blackpool is 4 times as big at least! wow.... :what: :D

Bring it on! Can't wait :D

Martin
:cheers:

Have we met already then? Are you bex's fella?

Mary
30th-January-2006, 04:35 PM
Less that 4 weeks to go now reading this thread. My stomach is churning and I have this urge to rush to the loo!!!!!!!!!!!!:sick: :sick:

M

Donna
30th-January-2006, 04:36 PM
Less that 4 weeks to go now reading this thread. My stomach is churning and I have this urge to rush to the loo!!!!!!!!!!!!:sick: :sick:

M

Hey Mary how are ya? You doing the aerials again?:clap:

Mary
30th-January-2006, 04:46 PM
Hey Mary how are ya? You doing the aerials again?:clap:

Haven't planned to this year, but you never know...................

M

Donna
30th-January-2006, 04:54 PM
Haven't planned to this year, but you never know...................

M

Well you've got four weeks to decide! Pleeease! I enjoy watching you and Tony on the floor. If the aerials section was ever full, and I was running the comp, I'd squeeze you in no problem! :yeah: Not that the aerials would be fully booked. :cool:

Mary
30th-January-2006, 06:04 PM
Awww shucks. :blush: but don't worry, you will see some aerials, but we haven't really got any new stuff that would be ready in time for the aerials category - added to the fact that it is totally kna**ering!!

M

Donna
31st-January-2006, 03:03 PM
added to the fact that it is totally kna**ering!!

Yeah and keeps you fit too!

stewart38
31st-January-2006, 03:05 PM

Love to see those two compete on come dancing :whistle:

marty_baby
31st-January-2006, 03:36 PM
Have we met already then? Are you bex's fella?

Do what?? :rofl:
Is that Bex from Twyford you are talking about?
...erm... no.... :rofl:

....Hope I get a chance to say hello and to dance with you at Blackpool Donna :)

Donna
31st-January-2006, 03:39 PM
Do what?? :rofl:
Is that Bex from Twyford you are talking about?
...erm... no.... :rofl:

Becky from Bristol.

....Hope I get a chance to say hello and to dance with you at Blackpool Donna :)

yeah me too! :hug:

marty_baby
31st-January-2006, 04:34 PM
yeah me too! :hug:

...nope, not Becky from Bristol either - wow, how many girlfriends do you think I have?!?!? :rofl:

I don't have a sweetheart at the moment... Wheres that birdy CD?.... Lonely... I'm sooooo lonely.... :tears: :rofl:

See you guys in Blackpool!

Martin

Donna
31st-January-2006, 06:37 PM
[QUOTE=marty_baby]...nope, not Becky from Bristol either - wow, how many girlfriends do you think I have?!?!? :rofl:

Her boyfriends name is Matt or Martin and I thought it could just be you...ya know dancing and coming from Bristol. Ya never know!

See ya there!

Donna
16th-February-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, it's getting closer. Anyone else doing it? I'm not fully prepared yet!

Graham W
20th-February-2006, 06:05 PM
...well Marty and his partner Sharon looked pretty good friday - I enjoyed watching them dancing, in heat of local comp

There will be a coach load from Cardiff/Bristol as usual.

G :-)

Donna
20th-February-2006, 06:33 PM
...well Marty and his partner Sharon looked pretty good friday - I enjoyed watching them dancing, in heat of local comp

There will be a coach load from Cardiff/Bristol as usual.

G :-)

Don't know who they are? :confused: Sure I'll find out on the day though! TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!!!! Its definately gonna be bigger this year than last year. Look forward to meeting some folks of the forum!

TheTramp
20th-February-2006, 06:39 PM
Its definately gonna be bigger this year than last year.
You think?

I only sent off my application form about 10 days ago (late as always), and we're number 14 (my lucky number) in the advanced, and I'm number 41 (coincidentally, also my lucky number) on the male lucky dip.

I hope that there's a big upsurge in people booking late, or there doesn't seem to be that many people competing this year? Maybe I'm not quite as unorganised as I thought I was...

Donna
20th-February-2006, 06:46 PM
You think?

Yep!

I only sent off my application form about 10 days ago (late as always), and we're number 14 (my lucky number) in the advanced, and I'm number 41 (coincidentally, also my lucky number) on the male lucky dip.

GULP!!

I hope that there's a big upsurge in people booking late, or there doesn't seem to be that many people competing this year? Maybe I'm not quite as unorganised as I thought I was...[/QUOTE]

Well when I last phoned Angelina, she said that there were still plenty of places left in the advanced and that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Makes you think.... Even if there isn't a lot of people entering, it will still be tricky as I'm sure there will be some new good dancers coming in. Janine and Clayton aren't doing it this year are they? Or have they gone back to Oz now?

ShinyWeeStar
20th-February-2006, 06:46 PM
we're number 14 (my lucky number) in the advanced
But I thought you're just a beginner? :really:

TheTramp
20th-February-2006, 06:50 PM
Well when I last phoned Angelina, she said that there were still plenty of places left in the advanced and that was about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Makes you think.... Even if there isn't a lot of people entering, it will still be tricky as I'm sure there will be some new good dancers coming in. Janine and Clayton aren't doing it this year are they? Or have they gone back to Oz now?

I'm sure that the standard will be high, just less people....

J&C are safely back in Oz now... :rolleyes:

TheTramp
20th-February-2006, 06:50 PM
But I thought you're just a beginner? :really:

I'm infiltrating! :waycool:

Donna
20th-February-2006, 06:58 PM
I'm sure that the standard will be high, just less people....

J&C are safely back in Oz now... :rolleyes:

That makes us lot safe as well then!!! :rofl: If Phil & Yuko are doing it, they bound to come first...they're so ammaaazing to watch.

Dreadful Scathe
20th-February-2006, 06:58 PM
You think?

I hope that there's a big upsurge in people booking late, or there doesn't seem to be that many people competing this year? Maybe I'm not quite as unorganised as I thought I was...
No you are. Its May now..... the competition was 2 months ago. You must have fell asleep. :eek:

Incidently I won every catagory due to a strange gas that permeated the venue and put everyone into a strange hallucinogenic state, so much so that they actually enjoyed watching :)

Donna
20th-February-2006, 06:59 PM
No you are. Its May now..... the competition was 2 months ago. You must have fell asleep. :eek:

Incidently I won every catagory due to a strange gas that permeated the venue and put everyone into a strange hallucinogenic state, so much so that they actually enjoyed watching :)

What with your mask on? Oh I see, maybe the gas doesn't have that sort of effect on smurfs?

Heather
20th-February-2006, 07:24 PM
That makes us lot safe as well then!!! :rofl: If Phil & Yuko are doing it, they bound to come first...they're so ammaaazing to watch.

James and Melanie are looking really great too !!!:clap: :clap:
I'll be there cheering them on!

Heather,
xx

Lorna
20th-February-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi guys,

thought I'd posted previously on this thread but I hadn't.

Really looking forward to it. My first year too and I am competing..:sick:

Brian (Mr Fitz) and myself will be entering the Advanced. Being a teacher I had no choice but to enter this category. We have very little competition experience but i think we are both really looking forward to it. Seems to be loads coming down from Scotland so hopefully we will all be able to cheer each other on.

New dance shoes have arrived and today I have been busy threading tiny beads together to sew onto part of my outfit that mum-in-law has made today.

Looking forward to meeting loads of forumites. :hug:

See you all soon,

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Tiggerbabe
20th-February-2006, 07:37 PM
Brian (Mr Fitz) and myself will be entering the Advanced.
And these two were looking great on Saturday night :respect:
Best of luck guys :hug:

Donna
20th-February-2006, 07:42 PM
James and Melanie are looking really great too !!!:clap: :clap:
I'll be there cheering them on!

Heather,
xx

I know, James Geary? Who is melanie though?

Lorna
20th-February-2006, 07:50 PM
It's another James,

James and Mel from Scotland. (Jive Brummie and Filthycute). I think that they danced in the Advanced last year and did Jive Masters???

Great that there are at least 3 couples, that I know of, from Scotland doing advanced. Does anyone know of anyone else?

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

azande
20th-February-2006, 07:53 PM
I know, James Geary? Who is melanie though?
She means Jive Brummy (James) and Filthycute (Melanie) from Dundee.

Edit: Oh you got there first, Lorna

ElaineB
20th-February-2006, 07:54 PM
Don't know who they are? :confused: Sure I'll find out on the day though!

Marty is Martybaby and Sharon is well, Sharon :D . Two beautiful dancers and very well suited. They will be competing in the intermediates. There first competition was at Brighton and they should have been placed highly (according to the Judges), but Sharon had severe cramp and had to withdraw from the final. :tears: I am keeping everthing crossed for the this time round.

Team Bristol/Cardiff will be (I think!)

Advanced:

Mark and Jackie
Simon Bowker and Keeley
Jenny Harrison and Danny
Graham and Lyndsey
Matt and Beckie
Mark and Lizzie
Me and 'Im

In the Seniors are:

Garth and Sue
Lynn and Alex

Showcase:

Me and 'Im

No team though this year.

Lots of other wonderful dancers in DWAS - including Leslie.

I hope that everyone can dance to their best ability on the night, whether they get placed or not! :clap: :clap: :clap:

And ......................I am really looking forward to meeting up with old friends, some of whom are competing again this year.

Elaine

PS, Dreadful Scathe, how do you get your hands on this 'ere gas then.........:D

Donna
20th-February-2006, 07:55 PM
It's another James,

James and Mel from Scotland. (Jive Brummie and Filthycute). I think that they danced in the Advanced last year and did Jive Masters???

Great that there are at least 3 couples, that I know of, from Scotland doing advanced. Does anyone know of anyone else?

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Nope don't know them. Good luck everyone who entering! Luuurve to party!:clap:

ducasi
20th-February-2006, 08:47 PM
Think I'm too late to come along and do the DWAS? Anyone know when it starts on the Saturday – d'you think I could travel down on the Saturday morning from Glasgow?

Anyone travelling down from Glasgow want some company? (Friday or Saturday?)

Tiggerbabe
20th-February-2006, 09:04 PM
Think I'm too late to come along and do the DWAS?
Ehrm, nope - you're a bloke, it's never too late :wink:

Lorna
20th-February-2006, 10:51 PM
Think I'm too late to come along and do the DWAS? Anyone know when it starts on the Saturday – d'you think I could travel down on the Saturday morning from Glasgow?

Yeah, the more the merrier. :clap: Send Angelina a pm if you need to find out about DWAS. I'm sure you would have a great time and as I said I think that there is a load of us guys heading down. Brian and I are heading down Fri morning so can't help you in the lift department. Hope you get something sorted.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

JamesGeary
21st-February-2006, 01:33 PM
Me! In DWAS anyway!

Donna
21st-February-2006, 01:34 PM

I doubt it's too late. Last I heard there were plenty of spaces left so you might just be lucky to apply for it. Ring Angelina on 07790589261.

Not such a good idea to travel down on Saturday morning either! Doors open at 9.30 i think but you have to register between 12 - 1.00. or 12.30 - 1.30.

Hope you can make it!

Donna
21st-February-2006, 01:35 PM
Me! In DWAS anyway!

Oh:really: Not doing the advanced then?

ElaineB
21st-February-2006, 02:39 PM
Me! In DWAS anyway!

Well, that news makes me want to enter that catergory as well now! But I just can't cope with the stress of changing outfits! :wink:

Forgot to say that team Brissol/Cardiff also has Jenni Harrison/Matt and Beckie entering double trouble! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Hope you peeps from Scotland will bring the bagpipes etc. We can't quite compare with the noise that you make, but we will have a bash!

Elaine

Donna
21st-February-2006, 03:44 PM
Well, that news makes me want to enter that catergory as well now! But I just can't cope with the stress of changing outfits! :wink:

I can't stand changing all the time. This time, I'm staying in the same costume then change when the comps are OVER.:nice:

Hope you peeps from Scotland will bring the bagpipes etc. We can't quite compare with the noise that you make, but we will have a bash!

:yeah: I can hear them from here!

TheTramp
21st-February-2006, 03:47 PM

John and Hazel are also flying the flag for Scotland?

Unless you were counting them in the 3 couples, given that I'm a Welshman, competing with an Aussie!! :rolleyes:

Donna
21st-February-2006, 03:50 PM
given that I'm a Welshman,

:really: eh?

TheTramp
21st-February-2006, 03:51 PM
:really: eh?

Oh? Didn't you know? I hail from Cardiff originally... :D

Donna
21st-February-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh? Didn't you know? I hail from Cardiff originally... :D

Ah ok! Well, bora da boyo! Going there this weekend! :clap: CAN'T WAIT! I luuurve Cardiff! Great city.

Lorna
21st-February-2006, 03:56 PM

Elaine

Not quite sure if there will be bagpipes, but I'm sure we will be making a lot of noise.

Are you the Elaine that asked me about the airstep rules at the Scotland competition? I was one of the judges. You won the cabaret/spotlight??

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Donna
21st-February-2006, 03:59 PM
[QUOTE=Lorna]Not quite sure if there will be bagpipes, but I'm sure we will be making a lot of noise.

Oh...er, which hotel did you say you were staying at again?:wink:

ElaineB
21st-February-2006, 04:23 PM
Not quite sure if there will be bagpipes, but I'm sure we will be making a lot of noise.

Are you the Elaine that asked me about the airstep rules at the Scotland competition? I was one of the judges. You won the cabaret/spotlight??

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Certainly am!!! Look forward to seeing you again Lorna - that is if we can find each other! We are doing our caberet again, so you should recognise the outfit at least! And I know Simon will seek you out for a dance!

Good luck and see you there.

Elaine
xx

Donna
21st-February-2006, 04:33 PM
Certainly am!!! Look forward to seeing you again Lorna - that is if we can find each other! We are doing our caberet again, so you should recognise the outfit at least! And I know Simon will seek you out for a dance!

Elaine
xx

Oh yes! I can't wait to see it again!:clap: Outfit is fab too!

Lorna
21st-February-2006, 05:26 PM

Elaine
xx

Will do my best to find you guys. Tell Simon I will look forward to that dance.:clap:

You guys were great at the Scottish Champs so looking forward to seeing you all again. :hug: Good luck to you all.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Donna
21st-February-2006, 05:29 PM
it is the same performance as in Leroc 2000 at well isn't it? The tango outfit?

Who else is doing a spotlight?

Mary
21st-February-2006, 06:46 PM
it is the same performance as in Leroc 2000 at well isn't it? The tango outfit?

Who else is doing a spotlight?

Ermmmm.........we are! They had a sneak preview at Monday Lush last night.

Yes, Elaine's outfit is pretty amazing isn't it?

M

Donna
21st-February-2006, 06:49 PM
Ermmmm.........we are! They had a sneak preview at Monday Lush last night.

Yes, Elaine's outfit is pretty amazing isn't it?

M

Very! Must have cost something anyway.

I think it's a great idea for couples to go out and demonstrate at their local venue because it really does help your confidence and will prepare you for the comp too. I bet you've got some really flash aerials in yours!

Can't wait to see it! Love spotlights. I'm hoping to do one next year maybe or later this year. Will see.

D

Heather M
22nd-February-2006, 09:12 AM
And these two were looking great on Saturday night :respect:
Best of luck guys :hug:

:yeah: :yeah: :yeah: Good luck Lorna and Brian! :hug: xx

Angelina
22nd-February-2006, 04:59 PM
Great to hear everyone is looking forward to Blackpool in 10 days time! :eek:

All bookings have now been processed and all entries are now closed.

so all the hard work is well under way!

Look forward to seeing you all there :clap: :clap:

Angelina xx :flower:

ChrisA
22nd-February-2006, 05:53 PM

Do you have a decision yet on the format of the music?

As in, how many tracks will there be to dance to in each round?

If so, please could you let us know whether it's one track or two in each category?

Donna
22nd-February-2006, 06:16 PM
Great to hear everyone is looking forward to Blackpool in 10 days time! :eek:

Look forward to seeing you all there :clap: :clap:

Angelina xx :flower:

Phew got in there just in time then!!

Awww I'm so sorry Ducasi. Maybe next year.

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2006, 06:47 PM
Don't you believe it, I'm betting any guys turning up on the day will be able to do the lucky dip :clap:

Donna
22nd-February-2006, 06:59 PM
Don't you believe it, I'm betting any guys turning up on the day will be able to do the lucky dip :clap:

They'd have to be very nice to Angelina first. Buy her some roses or something! :flower:

2leftfeet
22nd-February-2006, 08:37 PM
Where can I get info on the Blackpool weekend?
I cant get down Friday night but can make Sat afternoonand night and Sunday. Where can I get tickets? Dont want to comme all the way down and dont get in!!
2LF

Lorna
22nd-February-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi 2LF,

you need to PM Angelina.

Hope you make it.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

SteveB
23rd-February-2006, 01:02 AM
Good luck to Melanie and James! I am sure you'll be fabulous! Good luck to Lorna and Brian too! Sorry i cannot be there to support you all...

Burge...:love:

Angelina
23rd-February-2006, 10:50 AM
Hello again,

Thank you for all your pms

just to make it a little clearer --:confused:

As mentioned above we are alway short of men in the Take a Chance section! We will be announcing this at the weekend and will take entries for Males up to 12 noon on the day!

All other Competition entries are now closed but tickets sales are not - Now it is probably best if you come along and buy them at the door - we have a huge capacity in the empress ballroom of over 5000 so there is a good chance we wont need to turn anyone away! :clap:

We have the final music meeting on Saturday so i will let you know the format by Monday

Angelina xx

flowers and chocolates lover! :drool:

Donna
23rd-February-2006, 12:10 PM
Hello again,

Thank you for all your pms

just to make it a little clearer --:confused:

As mentioned above we are alway short of men in the Take a Chance section! We will be announcing this at the weekend and will take entries for Males up to 12 noon on the day!

All other Competition entries are now closed but tickets sales are not - Now it is probably best if you come along and buy them at the door - we have a huge capacity in the empress ballroom of over 5000 so there is a good chance we wont need to turn anyone away! :clap:

We have the final music meeting on Saturday so i will let you know the format by Monday

Angelina xx

Phew! Best tell a couple of my mates then! They really want to go and one wants to do take a chance so he will be relieved when I tell him.

ducasi
23rd-February-2006, 01:47 PM
Phew got in there just in time then!!

Looks like I'll be there... :wink:

Who else is staying at the Big Blue hotel? :nice:

Donna
23rd-February-2006, 01:52 PM
Looks like I'll be there... :wink:

Who else is staying at the Big Blue hotel? :nice:

Yeee! Doing TAC? (Take a chance)

I heard the big blue hotel attracts the rough uns'. :really:

ducasi
23rd-February-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeee! Doing TAC? (Take a chance)

I heard the big blue hotel attracts the rough uns'. :really:
The Big Blue sounds perfect for me then...

I'll be taking a chance. Hope I get someone really bad so I'm out in the first round. :)

Dance Demon
23rd-February-2006, 03:23 PM
Angelina xx

hint hint......:rofl: :rofl:

Donna
23rd-February-2006, 03:23 PM
The Big Blue sounds perfect for me then...

Huh! You'll sure be taking a chance staying in the Big Blue too! :D

Hope I get someone really bad so I'm out in the first round. :)

Don't say that! Why would you want to get knocked out?

ducasi
23rd-February-2006, 03:37 PM
Don't say that! Why would you want to get knocked out?
Less pressure, more fun. I won't enjoy myself so much if I think there's a chance I might actually be competitive.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and good luck to you all! :flower:

Donna
23rd-February-2006, 05:49 PM
Less pressure, more fun. I won't enjoy myself so much if I think there's a chance I might actually be competitive.

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and good luck to you all! :flower:

Yeah but your paying to enter, so at least try and achieve a little something for what you have paid for...even if it is getting through to the next round.:nice:

Good luck anyway! Will be shouting for ya!:clap:

Little miss jiver
24th-February-2006, 12:13 PM

ahh you should have said - its been a while since i did aerials with you, but i definitely remember the washing machine, and I'm off to do advanced anyway...although i may be getting too old for all the lifting!

Angelina
26th-February-2006, 04:53 AM
Hi All,

Just finished all the music for the competition next week:clap: :clap:

for your information -
In each category the following will apply -

Round 1 - 2 tracks per section (one fast, one slow)
Round 2 - 1 track per section
Final - 2 tracks per section (one fast one slow)

See you all next week - im going for a lie down!

Angelina

xx

Donna
27th-February-2006, 07:01 PM
Hi All,

for your information -

Angelina

xx

What, in that order..one fast, one slow. Wouldn't slow be better as a warm up? :grin:

jockey
27th-February-2006, 10:33 PM
`fraid not - and I will miss all the gang up there. Jack.:tears:

Angelina
28th-February-2006, 01:18 AM
What, in that order..one fast, one slow. Wouldn't slow be better as a warm up? :grin:
No - it will be one slow then one fast!:D

Donna
28th-February-2006, 12:46 PM
No - it will be one slow then one fast!:D

Phew! You can always look at it this way too. Fast one first - so can get it out of the way, then a slow one to kind of relax to. :D

CJ
28th-February-2006, 01:27 PM
Hi All,

for your information -

Angelina

xx

As a professional DJ, can you PM me the tracks for the comp so I can peer review them for quality purposes?!?!?:whistle:

Donna
28th-February-2006, 01:42 PM
As a professional DJ, can you PM me the tracks for the comp so I can peer review them for quality purposes?!?!?:whistle:

:yeah: Then you can pm them to me! He he. Ssshh don't say anything! :grin:

Angelina
28th-February-2006, 10:35 PM

yes of course NOT !!! :rofl: :rofl:

Piglet
28th-February-2006, 11:29 PM
Just to wish good luck to all for the weekend!

Especially the Scots I know:

Lorna and Brian
Steve and Cathy (?) honorary Scots in this case
James and Melanie
John and Hazel
CJ and ? (did you get a partner yet CJ?)
Duncan and ? (fingers crossed for you buddy)
Steve and Yvonne and Karen

Wish I could come and watch you all, but I'll be routing for you from the cold north!

Have fun everyone. Hope to hear about some fantastic wins when you're back. :hug: :hug:

Tiggerbabe
1st-March-2006, 12:46 AM

CJ is dancing with the lovely Claire S :clap:

and I think DD and Heather are also competing :respect:

Tim, from Dundee, is going and taking part in the DWAS too :clap: go Tim!

Lory
1st-March-2006, 09:58 AM
:clap: I hope all goes well and everybody has a fabulous time! :clap:

Have we only got Mary and Tony representing the South :confused:

Anyway, I shall be rooting for all forumites! :cheers:

Lot's of photo's please! :flower:

Lorna
1st-March-2006, 10:09 AM
Tim, from Dundee, is going and taking part in the DWAS too :clap: go Tim!

Tim as in Tim Baker, my other husband?

Cool!!

Lotsa love lorna x-x

Tiggerbabe
1st-March-2006, 10:20 AM
Tim as in Tim Baker, my other husband?

That's the one :rofl:

ducasi
1st-March-2006, 10:21 AM
Lot's of photo's please! :flower:
I thought photos were banned? How banned are photos?

Mary
1st-March-2006, 10:29 AM
I thought photos were banned? How banned are photos?

I think stills photos are OK - y'know those ones of yer mates pratting around :whistle: :wink: :D Some people call dancing :rolleyes:

Aaargh, no, only kidding.:flower:

M

ChrisA
1st-March-2006, 10:29 AM
Have we only got Mary and Tony representing the South :confused:

Nope :D

It's just that we're not as noisy... :wink:

There's also:

- Phil and Yuko :worthy: :waycool:
- Simon and Nicole :worthy: :respect:
- Simon and Keeley (so I've been told) :clap:
- The fabulous Divissima :respect: :clap: with some rubbish dancer whose name I forget

.. to name but a few - I've probably missed some others too.

Mary
1st-March-2006, 10:33 AM

There's also:

- The fabulous Divissima :respect: :clap: with some rubbish dancer whose name I forget

I would put Simon and Keeley as representing the West, along with Elaine and Simon, and Marty Baby and his partner. Anyone know if Mark and Jackie are going to be there (OK, not forumites I know, but well-known faces at competitions)?

M

Mary
1st-March-2006, 10:37 AM

I dunno - I think TWK could be a strong contender with Divi on backing vocals and clapping. :respect: (I was just talking about the shirt btw ).

M

under par
1st-March-2006, 10:40 AM
Mrs Par and I want to wish all the competitors at Blackpool good luck especially all you lovely forumites.

Do your best:clap: :clap: but make sure you have fun:D

Looking forward to the photos too!:cheers:

under par
1st-March-2006, 10:43 AM

There's also:

You missed Sheepman and Joy I'm sure they are from the south:whistle:

ElaineB
1st-March-2006, 01:06 PM

Yes, I've seen Claire dance with him before, poor lass, but she seemed to show him off quite well...........:whistle: :D

Elaine

ElaineB
1st-March-2006, 01:11 PM
I would put Simon and Keeley as representing the West, along with Elaine and Simon, and Marty Baby and his partner. Anyone know if Mark and Jackie are going to be there (OK, not forumites I know, but well-known faces at competitions)?

M

Of course Simon and Keeley are from the West! Bristol is that place somewhere along the M4 just before Cardiff........:wink: Bournemouth could be, if Keeley plays her cards right! :D

Anyway, yes, Mark and Jackie are competing, but unfortunately, not putting their Showcase forward. Jackie had a close personal bereavement to cope with just before Christmas, so understandably, she has had other things on her mind.

As Mr P said in an earlier post - very best of luck to everyone. Lets hope it's a good one! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Elaine

Mary
1st-March-2006, 01:47 PM
I believe we also have KGD and Sarah representing the South. :worthy:

M

Heather
1st-March-2006, 01:48 PM
and I think DD and Heather are also competing :respect:

Thanks Sheena!
Yep me and the Demon are competing again - let's hope John's knees bear up this year!!!!!:wink:

Can I also mention there are two team cabarets from Edinburgh that I know of Lindsay's and Denise's . Best of luck to both of you girls ! 1st and 2nd place for Scotland would be fab. How many times do we have to win this trophy before Scotland gets to keep it?:rofl: :clap:

Heather,
xx

Mary
1st-March-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks Sheena!

Can I also mention there are two team cabarets from Edinburgh that I know of Lindsay's and Denise's . Best of luck to both of you girls ! 1st and 2nd place for Scotland would be fab. How many times do we have to win this trophy before Scotland gets to keep it?:rofl: :clap:

Heather,
xx

I'm looking forward to seeing Scotland's cabarets. I think Lindsay is a great choreographer and always has a fun and imaginative routine :respect: :respect:

M

Simon
1st-March-2006, 02:00 PM
Of course Simon and Keeley are from the West! Born and bred. Ooh aah! (Said like a fully-fledged member of The Wurzels! :whistle: ).

Haven't seen Keeley for a while so am looking forward to some dance practice with her around my kitchen on Friday night. Should be plenty! :sick: :sick: :sad:

Donna
1st-March-2006, 02:03 PM
ok so who is staying where? Me and Steve have just managed to book the same hotel as.....THE BRISTOL LOT!! See ya there!

Oooh I'm so excited now!!!!:clap: and my costume still isn't complete yet!!:angry: Just don't have the time on my hands these days.:sad:

Lorna
1st-March-2006, 06:41 PM
Don't talk to me about costumes!!:mad:

One of the straps from my top burst today in practice. All that chocolate I've been munching this week before lent.

Neighbour has a sewing machine so going over there tonight. Can't use the blooming things but will have fun trying especially after a few glasses of red.
(Just as well i have 3 other tops in reserve).:what:

Lotsa love lorna x-x

ducasi
1st-March-2006, 06:52 PM
I'm coming to Blackpool!!!!! :clap: :clap:

My place has been confirmed – I'm so looking forward to it... :D

Bit apprehensive about the ice-skating though.... :sick:

ElaineB
1st-March-2006, 08:07 PM
Born and bred. Ooh aah! (Said like a fully-fledged member of The Wurzels! :whistle: ).

Haven't seen Keeley for a while so am looking forward to some dance practice with her around my kitchen on Friday night. Should be plenty! :sick: :sick: :sad:

Yeh right! Every time you do that, you win the competition! :respect:

Donna, see you at the Hotel then.........you can join about 30 of us for a takeover bid at the local Chinese Restaurant if you like!

Elaine

sassy1
1st-March-2006, 08:45 PM
:clap: :flower: :clap: :flower: :clap: :flower: :clap: :flower: :clap: :flower: :clap:

I will be in sunny Blackpool too :clap:

dancing in the DWAS eek !! :eek:

Good Luck to all you Bonny Lassies and Laddies from Scotland :respect:
will cheer you all on :clap:

see you soon :hug: :grin:

Margaret Rose x

Petal
1st-March-2006, 09:00 PM
:clap: :flower: :clap: :flower: :clap: :flower: :clap: :flower: :clap: :flower: :clap:

I will be in sunny Blackpool too :clap:

dancing in the DWAS eek !! :eek:

Good Luck to all you Bonny Lassies and Laddies from Scotland :respect:
will cheer you all on :clap:

see you soon :hug: :grin:

Margaret Rose x

I won't be there,:sad: but i'll be thinking of you all, especially the noisy scottish contingent, and wishing you good luck.:kiss: :clap:

Looking forward to the photos and the stories:innocent:

Petal
1st-March-2006, 09:03 PM
Just to wish good luck to all for the weekend!

Especially the Scots I know:

Lorna and Brian
Steve and Cathy (?) honorary Scots in this case
James and Melanie
John and Hazel
Duncan and ? (fingers crossed for you buddy)
Steve and Yvonne and Karen

Wish I could come and watch you all, but I'll be routing for you from the cold north!

Have fun everyone. Hope to hear about some fantastic wins when you're back. :hug: :hug:

and Charlie and Fi aka tigerpants and peaches:flower:

and baby peaches with her norwegian crew

Piglet
1st-March-2006, 10:03 PM
Good luck to DD and Heather!
Good luck to Charlie and Fiona!
Good luck to the cabarets!
Good luck to the Norwegians - are you competing or simply going to enjoy?

And lots and lots of luck to my twin separated at birth - Claire! *hugs*

And yep - now I'm wondering why I'm not going, but if this snow is still around then I'm glad to be staying home (rant, rant - most Aberdeen schools were closed today - but not mine! :tears: I'm on my knees praying for tomorrow now - though hope it clears away nicely for Friday night and Saturday morning so that you all get to Blackpool safely!)

melb
1st-March-2006, 10:38 PM
Good luck to everyone competing in Blackpool this year!! :nice:

I will be there cheering for you all!!! :clap: The scottish flag will be flying high

(Lorna hope you get that top fixed)

Best of luck to everyone

Mel B X X X

Lindsay
1st-March-2006, 11:57 PM
Thank you Mary! :blush: That's so nice :nice: Hope I don't let u down... We have our final rehearsal tomorrow night, yikes!

Good luck to all the competitors, think the judges must have a v. difficult job.

GO SCOTLAND!!!

Baruch
2nd-March-2006, 12:17 AM
Good luck to the Cardiff and Bristol lot - I bet I'll hear the noise from you lot partying in Jackie's room from here!

Heather
2nd-March-2006, 08:45 AM
(rant, rant - most Aberdeen schools were closed today - but not mine! :tears: I'm on my knees praying for tomorrow now - though hope it clears away nicely for Friday night and Saturday morning so that you all get to Blackpool safely!)[/B]

Dundee schools are hardly ever closed :tears: :tears: mind you when it snows here we usually only get about a couple of snowflakes! 10 miles out of Dundee there may be blizzards, but if the buses are still running in the city the schools are open and we're expected to turn up for work:angry:

Hope the roads to Blackpool are snow free!
Heather
xx

marty_baby
2nd-March-2006, 10:59 AM
Donna, see you at the Hotel then.........you can join about 30 of us for a takeover bid at the local Chinese Restaurant if you like!

Elaine

Hiya Elaine,

I thought everyone was saying "lets go for a Curry... and a quiet night in before the big day???" :D .....hhhmmmm.... I wondered why you suggested that I should bring ear plugs!.... :rofl:

Sounds like it is building up to be a fantastic weekend!

Martin

Little Monkey
2nd-March-2006, 12:35 PM
GOOD LUCK!
To all the lovely Scots, and of course to Sheepy and Joy!

Go get 'em, guys!:respect:

LM:hug:

(Absolutely gutted I won't be there!!!:tears: )

ducasi
2nd-March-2006, 02:19 PM
I hope that everyone does their very best, and that Scotland brings home all the prizes. ;)

(OK, we'll let forumites be honorary Scots. :flower:)

See you all soon. :hug:

marty_baby
2nd-March-2006, 03:21 PM
I hope that everyone does their very best, and that Scotland brings home all the prizes. ;)

(OK, we'll let forumites be honorary Scots. :flower:)

See you all soon. :hug:

.....ppppsssssst Ducasi,

You forgot to ask Little Monkey if you could borrow her snow cone outfit for the weekend! ....do you want this forum meet on Sat or what? :rofl:

BTW:
Best of luck all - have a brilliant weekend! :hug: :clap:

Zebra Woman
2nd-March-2006, 03:33 PM
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Good Luck Everybody!
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I hope you all have a brilliant weekend

Alison x

CJ
2nd-March-2006, 03:35 PM
Friday night.

Stage right??

Meet by the Lion Rampant.

Sound do-able??

Mary
2nd-March-2006, 03:59 PM
Friday night.

Stage right??

Meet by the Lion Rampant.

Sound do-able??

But isn't that the furthest corner from the bar!:eek: :eek:

M

Lorna
2nd-March-2006, 07:52 PM
Got a busy evening planned, what with getting packed and practising the use of hair tongs and of course wine.:grin:

So, while I am logged on now, I want to wish EVERYBODY the best of luck on Saturday. :cheers:

See you all there tomorrow night.

Lotsa love Lorna x-x

Little Monkey
2nd-March-2006, 07:53 PM
.....ppppsssssst Ducasi,

You forgot to ask Little Monkey if you could borrow her snow cone outfit for the weekend! ....do you want this forum meet on Sat or what? :rofl:

Of course the weekend simply won't be perfect without it!:rofl:

Oooooh, Ducasi - I'd love to see you wear that for the DWAS!!!!:D :rofl: To see the face of the lady who'd be lucky enough to get you as her partner........:what: :eek: :rofl:

And you're more than welcome to borrow the costume. There's only one teensy wee catch....... I would have to come, too!

Mr Fitz
2nd-March-2006, 08:56 PM
Got a busy evening planned....wine.:grin:

Oi!:mad: I thought that we were supposed to be taking this seriously.:confused: I've just finished sewing on the last of my sequins and had planned an early night. In that case, I think I will head out and get lager'ed with my mates. :D

Same goes for my too, lots of luck to everyone, especially Scots, adopted Scots and part-time Scots and all the Forumites. Really looking forward to it, and hope the atmosphere is brill.

Oh! and a big thank you to the number one man Franck for the loan of the shirt. I hope it wasn't too sore when Lorna ripped it off your back at the Beach Ballroom. Cheers:cheers: Oh, and I didn't wash it. I figured the pheromones left on it would be enough to get us through to the next round. :D

Tiggerbabe
2nd-March-2006, 09:32 PM
Oh! and a big thank you to the number one man Franck for the loan of the shirt.
Wow! He let you borrow THE shirt :wink: :clap:

Best of luck to everyone who's competing, and to everyone who's going to watch and dance - have a fabulous time! :respect: :clap: :hug:

under par
2nd-March-2006, 11:13 PM
Good Luck Everyone at Blackpool,:yeah:

Try and remember dancing is FUN so have FUN

Keep Smiling :D :hug:

Minnie M
2nd-March-2006, 11:21 PM
Good Luck Everyone at Blackpool,:yeah:

:yeah: :clap: :yeah: :respect:
Knock dead fellow forumites - and as UP said have fun - will be thinking of you this weekend :flower: :kiss: :hug: :kiss:

Yliander
2nd-March-2006, 11:22 PM
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! to all :cheers: :clap: :hug:

ducasi
2nd-March-2006, 11:50 PM
Oooooh, Ducasi - I'd love to see you wear that for the DWAS!!!!:D :rofl: To see the face of the lady who'd be lucky enough to get you as her partner........:what: :eek: :rofl: Fortunately you wouldn't be able to see my face! :eek:

And you're more than welcome to borrow the costume. There's only one teensy wee catch....... I would have to come, too! So what's stopping you? :flower:

Mr Fitz
3rd-March-2006, 09:52 AM
It's 330 miles to Blackpool, I've got a full tank of gas, there's eleven inches of slow outside and I'm wearing my thermals... :waycool:

(just start without me if I'm a little bit late...):D

Mary
3rd-March-2006, 10:38 AM
Our central heating has packed up and it's flippin' cold!! Tony is trying to fix it now before we set off for Blackpool. :sad:

M

Little Monkey
3rd-March-2006, 10:57 AM
So what's stopping you? :flower:

Money! :tears:
And time......... Need to work.....:sad:

Going to the masked ball next weekend instead, and couldn't do both. :sad:

Anyway, hope all of you guys will have a FABULOUS TIME!

But looking at the weather, please promise me to be careful and drive safely!!! Don't want to hear tales of nasty accidents!:(

Have fun, guys! :hug:

Monika
3rd-March-2006, 11:58 AM
Good luck to everyone competing at Blackpool :clap: :clap: :clap:

Have a brilliant time!!!

Word of warning re journey for the Scottish contingency though : I live in Dundee and work in Aberden - not made it to the office for a couple of days due to the severe weather with suspended trains and closed roads and difficult driving conditions etc. Determined to make it to Aberdeen this morning and had to turn back from A90 at Brechin turnoff :eek: - roads very icy - covered with snow and snowing heavy so visibility very poor. A90 southbound closed 5 minutes after I'd turned back excatly where I'd turned off due to a couple of accidents. Schools closed in Brechin, Montrose etc. Roundtrip to Brechin took over 3 hours :( against normal under one hour and at one point there were more policecars and ambulances with flashing lights on the roads than any other traffic. So: Take extreme care and bring warm clothes for the journey. Down to one lane most of the way and max 30mph and even a minor incident leads to police forced to closing off the road completely to clear vehicle(s) involved. DRIVE CAREFULLY AND STAY SAFE :hug:

Mon xx

Chicklet
3rd-March-2006, 12:11 PM
there's eleven inches of slow outside
CAREFUL!!! you leave that outside and one of the slappers will jump on it!:what:

CJ
3rd-March-2006, 12:25 PM
I don't want to say "Good Luck" as much as "Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":clap: :clap:

Am looking forward to seeing many faces down there. I hope it goes well for you.:flower:

Anyone driving, be safe in the snow. (I'll see some of you on the M6!!) Just remember if you do get stuck in traffic and are feeling bored or frustrated:
YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE GOING IN THE FIRST PLACE.:D

Smile, share a giggle with your passengers and be thankful you are on your way...

Any problems on way there, get in touch with another forumite: I'm sure we cn all muck in together.:yeah:

See you there!!:cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Donna
3rd-March-2006, 02:54 PM
I don't want to say "Good Luck" as much as "Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!":clap: :clap:

Am looking forward to seeing many faces down there. I hope it goes well for you.:flower:

Anyone driving, be safe in the snow. (I'll see some of you on the M6!!) Just remember if you do get stuck in traffic and are feeling bored or frustrated:
YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE BEEN LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE GOING IN THE FIRST PLACE.:D

Smile, share a giggle with your passengers and be thankful you are on your way...

Any problems on way there, get in touch with another forumite: I'm sure we cn all muck in together.:yeah:

See you there!!:cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I can imagine what it's like there never mind here!! I couldn't get into work yesterday...but spent aaaaalllll day fixing up my dance costume which...is complete now!!!:clap:

Like CJ said, take care driving...it's extremely slippy. I slipped a few times yesterday...the worst when I had to walk back home down a steep hill after bus was cancelled. I didn't really have the best shoes on and ended up sliding down on my bottom instead!

Anywayz I'm ready for this comp now. Spray tan done ( although a bit streaky in some places. Same girl who mucked it up last time! :angry: ) So, when you see a zebra in a red two piece dress, yep that's me! Come and say hi!

Good luck to everyone who is entering and I look forward to meeting a lot of forumites!!

Bill
3rd-March-2006, 04:25 PM
And all the best to everyone who's entering. I'm feeling more relaxed than I have for years as I'm only going in for DWAS and the team cabaret so best wishes to the rest of the team and especially to those from the north but hope everyone has a great weekend.

The snow has stopped here so hopefully the roads will be clear and we can have some lovely dances tonight.

Have fun everyone!!!:clap: :cheers: :grin:

Donna
3rd-March-2006, 06:34 PM
And all the best to everyone who's entering. I'm feeling more relaxed than I have for years as I'm only going in for DWAS and the team cabaret so best wishes to the rest of the team and especially to those from the north but hope everyone has a great weekend.

The snow has stopped here so hopefully the roads will be clear and we can have some lovely dances tonight.

Have fun everyone!!!:clap: :cheers: :grin:

Well the snow hasn't stopped here! In fact, it's just started again right now!!! AND I'm making my way to Blackpool any moment now. :rolleyes: Yikes...

AND THERE WAS ME LOOKING FORWARD TO GOING TO THE PLEASURE BEACH ON SUNDAY!!! (Yes I know they don't have snow in Blackpool...well, just the once but that was many years ago) Bet it will be chucking it down and too cold!! Maybe not such a good idea to go on the big one then if I don't want icicles hanging off my face!! :grin:

ducasi
5th-March-2006, 10:25 PM
Yes I know they don't have snow in Blackpool... Spoke to soon! :na:

I, too, decided to give the Pleasure Beach and Ice Skating a miss – cold enough already! :eek:

Donna
6th-March-2006, 01:01 PM
Spoke to soon! :na:

I, too, decided to give the Pleasure Beach and Ice Skating a miss – cold enough already! :eek:

We went to the pleasure beach after to drown our sorrows! Soon took our minds off getting knocked out first round when going down that biiiig pepsi max drop!! Yikes :eek: but :clap: Also went on one ride called spinning doctor...well..:sick: and bling...:sick:

My hands got soooo cold, that when I decided to go and buy a hot dog after, I actually couldn't move my fingers and get the money out of my purse!!! It was totally bizarre!!! and embarrassing!