PDA

View Full Version : The BRILLIANT Beach Ballroom

Tiggerbabe
9th-February-2003, 05:02 PM
Have just returned home from Aberdeen - feeling a wee bit tired I must admit, but had to mention Saturday night's party.........

:D What a fabulous venue - the floor was amazing!

Franck - what a kilt! For those who missed out - it's bright orange and has the lion rampant all over it - Only a half French, half Russian dance maniac living in Scotland could get away with it.

CJ - the music was excellent!!!!!Apart from that one duff record you played after the class :wink:

Not one bad dance the whole night (feel free to correct me on this Mr Tramp!) - although my apologies to those I didn't manage to ask - Franck's fault for making us leave at 1am :tears: :tears:
A true measure of how good the party was - the chocolate I brought in my bag remained untouched :what: - no time for eating!

A great crowd and a great laugh in the hotel bar/ Steve and Sherwin's room afterwards.........I think a few of the Glaswegians will soon be awarded MAd status - eh Jim?

Having said all that - how many of the wee souls managed to fulfill their promise of an early Sunday morning swim? - yeh! You've guessed it - had the whole pool to myself :na:

Heather
9th-February-2003, 06:59 PM
:D :D Must add my comments and congratulations to Franck, for such a fantastic party last night at the Beach Ballroom!!!!
I think I can say, on behalf of us all, that the MAd Crew had an Absolutely Fabulous time!!
As my hotel room-mate, Sheena has already said, the dance floor was heaving (literally), with happy dancers, the venue was perfect, plenty of room to dance (YOU GOT IT RIGHT this time, Franck!!:wink: ),Music to suit everyone, well done CJ, I'll even forgive your deliberate spelling mistakes on another thread!!! (Although, as Sheena said, there was one dodgy record right after the class -:wink: Did anyone even notice??)
Great to see so many friends from all over Scotland (and over the border), who made the effort to attend.
Many memorable and wonderful dances from some of my VERY favourite dancers and some who have now joined their ranks!!! (Stuart- see you in Glasgow next week!!!!!:wink: )
Franck, LOVED the kilt, only Sheena with her sharp vision, could have noticed the change of underwear as the night wore on - I know you guys change your TShirts but Franck goes that extra mile!!!!!:wink:
I DEFY anyone to complain about this party, except perhaps to mention how soon will the next one be!!!
And finally , I will testify that Sheena was indeed the only person to make it into the hotel swimming pool on Sunday morning, surely no futher proof is needed as to her MAd Status!!!!!:D :D
PS. Funny how the after-party Party is always in Steve and Sherwin's room???? (He ain't called the Bombay Bad Boy because he eats Pot Noodle you know!!!)
:kiss:
Heather
XX

TheTramp
9th-February-2003, 08:41 PM
Not one bad dance the whole night (feel free to correct me on this Mr Tramp!)I didn't have a bad dance the entire night. And certainly not with you Sheena. No correction required. Or indeed even possible.

The venue was brilliant, the music equally so, the floor very nice to dance on, the dancers were all extremely brilliant to dance with, in short (too late?), it was a fantastic night. Well done Franck. And I didn't eat most of my chocolate either. Though, I did have time to do my quick imitation of Franck (a can of red bull in either hand).

I'll definitely come up for the next party. Sorry!

Steve

Tiggerbabe
9th-February-2003, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by TheTramp
I'll definitely come up for the next party. Sorry!

Steve

So - we'll see you on Saturday 15th Feb in Glasgow Uni - then? :waycool:

Dreadful Scathe
9th-February-2003, 10:46 PM
yup - brilliant night overall :)

Met a few more people from the forum - but forgot all about Sandy .. sorry Sandy..meet you next time :)

who else did i miss...? :)

JMW
9th-February-2003, 11:58 PM
Just to a note to agree with previous posts - the Beach Ballroom is a fantasic venue.

I hope Franck made enough money to consider booking the venue again.

James.

TheTramp
10th-February-2003, 01:10 AM
So - we'll see you on Saturday 15th Feb in Glasgow Uni - then?Oops. Forgot the word 'big' when I said I'd be up for the next party.

I'd love to come to all the Scottish parties. Not to mention all the normal nightly dances too. Maybe one day!! :D

Steve

Sandy
10th-February-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Dreadful Scathe
yup - brilliant night overall :)

Met a few more people from the forum - but forgot all about Sandy .. sorry Sandy..meet you next time :)

who else did i miss...? :)

Oh that's OK, I understand:tears: It was busy and I didn't get a chance to meet/dance with everyone I wanted to although I had a brilliant time.

Definitely meet next time.

Cheers

Sandy:cheers:

Sandy
10th-February-2003, 10:44 AM
Oops. Forgot the word 'big' when I said I'd be up for the next party.

I'd love to come to all the Scottish parties. Not to mention all the normal nightly dances too. Maybe one day!! :D

Steve

Hi Steve, enjoyed the dance and hopefully you will be able to come to Aberdeen again soon.

Sandy:wink:

Sandy
10th-February-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by JMW
Just to a note to agree with previous posts - the Beach Ballroom is a fantasic venue.

I hope Franck made enough money to consider booking the venue again.

James.

I second that, it was such a good dancefloor with lots of space that it would be wonderful if we could use this venue again. Understand it is pretty expensive but what a difference it made.

Sandy
:wink:

Franck
10th-February-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Heather
I DEFY anyone to complain about this party, except perhaps to mention how soon will the next one be!!! Thank you all for your comments on the Beach Ballroom, and I have to agree, what an amazing venue!
Indeed what a night! Thanks to everyone, for making it such a fun evening, we all danced our socks off, and the party in the Pation Hotel afterwards, was worthy of the best MAd. efforts :devil: :wink:

Having read your comments / requests for a regular party night at the Beach Ballroom, I must say, the Beach Ballroom is a very expensive (though worth every penny) venue, and would only be suitable for 'big' and special parties...

Despair not though, as I can now officially announce the next BIG special party in the Beach Ballroom: Saturday 21st June 2003, for a proper Summer Dance :waycool:

Franck.

Bill
10th-February-2003, 01:33 PM
Agree with all the comments posted and had great fun!

A complaint !? Didn't dance with as many women as I'd hoped or wanted to :sick: :sorry in fact it was only when the lights went up at the end I actually saw some folk for the first time in the evening.

But certainly look forward to the next big dance in June then Franck. and like the kilt :D

Franck
10th-February-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Bill
But certainly look forward to the next big dance in June then Franck. and like the kilt :D Cheers Bill... Judging by the comments I got, the kilt certainly made an impression :really:
When I wear it next (probably at the Ceroc Champs), I might have to cut down on the spinning...
Alternatively, take Sheena with me, to keep an eye on my underwear changes :D

I agree with you that there was not enough time to dance with everyone (is there ever???). The plan next time is to extend the night until 2.00am! :nice: so we have no excuses left :D

Franck.

Gadget
10th-February-2003, 01:41 PM
Just to echo all of the above - as Bill said, I didn't see some of the ladies I would have liked to dance with until the music stopped!

I don't know if it was the "tumble dryer", but my shoulders were really aching by the end of the night - even had to sit out a couple of songs!!:tears: :tears:

Thank you to all I danced with for making it an excellent evening. :D

linda
10th-February-2003, 01:59 PM
Well done Franck!!!:D

We'll be there in June, you know the MAd. crowd can't pass up the opportunity of a good party!!!
The party on Saturday was great, fab venue, lots of dances, lots of fun. Apologies to Gadget promise to get you next time :wink: :wink:
The kilt was a definite hit, Franck and Sheena tells me the best place to stand was next to the stage during the class:yum:

Well done Sherwin and Steve for getting that Executive room :D the party was great..... Jim you are a Superstar and Heather really was just resting her eyes!!

:cheers:

Linda

Gadget
10th-February-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by linda
Apologies to Gadget promise to get you next time :wink: :wink: ...for a dance I hope :innocent: :grin:

Forgot to mention Tramp & his foursome - most impressive. Pitty the video was knackered.

TheTramp
10th-February-2003, 03:10 PM
Forgot to mention Tramp & his foursome - most impressive. Pitty the video was knackered.Actually, Bill, Brady, Franck and myself were all quite happy that the video was knackered :D

Although, I have to say, it was fun!!

Steve

Dancing Veela
10th-February-2003, 04:35 PM
Due to the fact that I'd be divorced by now if I'd gone to the Aberdeen party on Saturday - I just managed to go to the Dundee Party on Friday instead - and I have to say I had so many fantastic dances (well they felt fantastic to me - I'm sure it had nothing to do with the 6 B+C I had before I got there!!!!!!).

Now did anyone else manage to get a dance with that Steve guy from down south???? Complete beginner but managed to get round the floor not too badly?

Dance Demon
10th-February-2003, 06:30 PM
Sounds like I missed a really good night. People that I've spoken to have all been very complimentary about the venue, especially the floor. I am led to believe that the Beach Ballroom is due to be refurbished at some point. Let's hope they leave the dance floor intact, as there are'nt very many sprung ballroom floors left. The last one in Edinburgh was in the Cavendish, but I believe that it was removed during a recent refit. It makes a real difference dancing on a floor that is meant to be danced on(IMO):cheers:

TheTramp
10th-February-2003, 06:46 PM
Sounds like I missed a really good night.Yup. :D

Steve

Fran
10th-February-2003, 06:56 PM
Actually, Bill, Brady, Franck and myself were all quite happy that the video was knackered :D

Although, I have to say, it was fun!!

Steve urrmmm, well, that was my fault - poor excuse for a techie teacher
was a shame though. Did manage to get a photo, tried to get it of franck spinnng..

it was a lovely night

fran

Sandy
11th-February-2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Bill
Agree with all the comments posted and had great fun!

A complaint !? Didn't dance with as many women as I'd hoped or wanted to :sick: :sorry in fact it was only when the lights went up at the end I actually saw some folk for the first time in the evening.

:D

Don't worry Bill, we'll track you/pin you down for the next party!:devil:

Sandy
11th-February-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Dancing Veela
Now did anyone else manage to get a dance with that Steve guy from down south???? Complete beginner but managed to get round the floor not too badly?

Yep, I did and as you say not toooooooo bad for a beginner:devil: With a bit of effort could be quite promising:grin:

Niall
11th-February-2003, 09:46 AM
I've been away from the Forum for a while but having discussed it at length, on a car journey to Dundee on Friday with The Tramp and again on Saturday afternoon, I felt it was time to contribute.

I've got to say a big thank you to everybody who made the journey north to Aberdeen for the party. The positive feedback suggests that you all enjoyed yourselves immensely. So don't leave it so long before you travel north again to dance with us.

linda
11th-February-2003, 01:40 PM
for a dance I hope ....Gadget

Of course, what else were you thinking about?:) Although now that you've mastered the hooks and eyes maybe we should work on the zips!:wink:

Big thankyou to the Tramp for your kind offer in the Cafe Continental on Sunday I was too overwhelmed for words so..:kiss: :kiss:

Niall of course we'll be back:grin: we always get such a warm welcome from you Aberdonians in fact it's "AWESOME":D :D

Linda

TheTramp
11th-February-2003, 02:11 PM
Big thankyou to the Tramp for your kind offer in the Cafe Continental on Sunday I was too overwhelmed for words so..Oh dear. So, in my unawake state, what exactly did I offer. Or don't I want to know?? :wink:

Steve

Dreadful Scathe
11th-February-2003, 02:46 PM
Niall of course we'll be back:grin: we always get such a warm welcome from you Aberdonians in fact it's "AWESOME":D :D

You'll always get a warm welcome wearing that dress Linda :)

Franck
11th-February-2003, 03:19 PM
You'll always get a warm welcome wearing that dress Linda :) Can I second that! :nice:
Another great thing about last Saturday was how 'stunning' everyone looked... No fancy dress or formal dress code, but everyone had made an effort and it looked great! :waycool:

I do hope some of you will be able to post some photos when you get the chance, as I did not take any, I was too busy dancing :D

Franck.

Tiggerbabe
11th-February-2003, 10:07 PM
You'll always get a warm welcome wearing that dress Linda :) Right you two - that's DS and Franck - bottom of the class :sad:

Honestly!:eek:

Just as well there isn't an "How Observant Are We?" quiz because you'd both have minus points :tears: :tears:

Us girls spend all that time getting ready, chosing what to wear, doing our hair etc etc etc and you don't even know if we're wearing a dress or a CATSUIT :confused: :confused:

But you're right about one thing - she did look great! :waycool: :D

Dreadful Scathe
11th-February-2003, 10:13 PM
tsk i know what it was or at least what it looked like - i just call everything a dress :) im guilty of using the wrong terminology not of being unobservant :D

Jayne
12th-February-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Sheena
Us girls spend all that time getting ready, chosing what to wear, doing our hair etc etc etc and you don't even know if we're wearing a dress or a CATSUIT :confused: :confused:

Sheena one small point...

In order for a male to deduce if the outfit has a skirt or trousers involves taking the eyes lower then they're programmed to go.

Or am I just becoming too cynical???

J :what:

TheTramp
12th-February-2003, 10:57 AM
You're just becoming too cynical....

Steve

Jayne
12th-February-2003, 11:02 AM
You're just becoming too cynical....

Steve

some days life's like that...

*sigh*

J :rolleyes:

TheTramp
12th-February-2003, 11:08 AM
Only some days??

Aren't you the lucky one! :rolleyes:

Steve

Jayne
12th-February-2003, 11:15 AM
Only some days??

Aren't you the lucky one! :rolleyes:

Steve

:na:

linda
12th-February-2003, 12:39 PM
posted by The Tramp
unawake state

Typical man!! make an offer then 'forget' all about it:really: but there were witnesses you know :)

Linda

The Moving finger writes: and, having writ, moves on

linda
12th-February-2003, 12:46 PM
...that dress...

To DS and Franck, whatever you thought I was wearing, thanks for the compliment :kiss::kiss:

Linda

"The Moving finger writes: and, having writ, moves on"
Edward Fitzgerald

TheTramp
12th-February-2003, 12:49 PM
Typical man!! make an offer then 'forget' all about it, but there were witnesses you know Hmmm. Well, if you remind me of the offer (maybe in a PM :sorry ), then I'll let you know if it's still on :na:

Steve

linda
12th-February-2003, 12:55 PM
...too cynical...

No Jayne not too cynical!! Merely a just observation on the male of the species:wink:

Linda

The Moving finger writes: and, having writ, moves on Edward Fitzgerald

CJ
12th-February-2003, 12:57 PM
Can we post our 2 observations of the female of the species then????????:wink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :innocent:

Jayne
12th-February-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Ceroc Jock
Can we post our 2 observations of the female of the species then????????:wink: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :innocent:

If you think you're stupid, I mean, brave enough!

J :devil:

TheTramp
12th-February-2003, 01:09 PM
Hmmm. From the last post, my only observation is that:

The female of the species is more deadlier than the male.

(shock shock horror horror)

Steve

CJ
12th-February-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Jayne
If you think you're stupid, I mean, brave enough!

J :devil:

Fairly common knowledge I'm stupid enough to try most things once.

Still does take you back to those wistful days in the military. Marching away the hours, practising your drill, to the angelic, heavenly tones of the drill Seargent...

Left, Right, Left, Right, Left Right, Leeeeeeeeeft.

linda
12th-February-2003, 02:19 PM
Ceroc Jock ......in that case
...observations on the female species... :D only 2???:really:

Linda

"The Moving Finger writes: and, having writ, moves on."

Edward Fitzgerald

Graham
13th-February-2003, 03:05 PM
Sheena one small point...

In order for a male to deduce if the outfit has a skirt or trousers involves taking the eyes lower then they're programmed to go.

Or am I just becoming too cynical???

J :what:
Definitely too cynical. And too much of a generalisation. Some of us do have a field of vision which extends to the floor :wink: .

I had in fact noticed that Linda was not wearing a dress, and of course I also noticed that you and Sheena were.

So there! :na:

Jayne
13th-February-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Graham
Definitely too cynical. And too much of a generalisation. Some of us do have a field of vision which extends to the floor :wink: .

I had in fact noticed that Linda was not wearing a dress, and of course I also noticed that you and Sheena were.

So there! :na:

Wendy - Graham's been looking at other women!! :wink: :na: :grin:

Only joking Graham - tick vg for noticing!

J :wink:

Dancing Veela
13th-February-2003, 05:52 PM
Jayne, Graham, Wendy is there a Glasgow party this week and if so are you all going?????

I've never been to a Glasgow event and I'm thinking about Saturday.....but I'm scared nobody will dance with me.......and obviously I'd never ask a man to dance.......:innocent:

Jayne
13th-February-2003, 06:10 PM
Jayne, Graham, Wendy is there a Glasgow party this week and if so are you all going?????

I've never been to a Glasgow event and I'm thinking about Saturday.....but I'm scared nobody will dance with me.......and obviously I'd never ask a man to dance.......:innocent:

Yep, there's a party - but it's at the uni this month (University avenue, in the west end). Wendy was saying last night that she'll be there so I assume that Graham will be too. I'm undecided as yet - but I'll be nae use as I cannae dance as a man! (unless you can???)

Maybe see you there?

J :nice:

linda
13th-February-2003, 06:32 PM
posted by Graham

[QUOTE]I had in fact noticed that Linda was not wearing a dress, and of course I also noticed that you and Sheena were - so there

Well done Graham!!:D

With such excellent powers of observation, I wonder what else you noticed? The Tramp tells us that Dave Hancock was a true Scotsman on Saturday, under that kilt, can you confirm? Or maybe I should be asking Wendy:D

See you Saturday,yes some of the MAd crowd will be there:D :D

Linda

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ, moves on."

Edward Fitzgerald

TheTramp
13th-February-2003, 06:43 PM
Dancing Veela posted:

and obviously I'd never ask a man to dance.......Oh. You asked me.

What does that make me???? :what:

Steve

Dancing Veela
13th-February-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh. You asked me.

What does that make me???? :what:

Steve

I thought we'd established that you were a chicken?????? or was that wierdo??????

DVXXXX

TheTramp
13th-February-2003, 08:04 PM
Probably both.

*crosses DV off the dance card for Blackpool* :devil:

:D

Steve

Dancing Veela
13th-February-2003, 08:10 PM

*crosses DV off the dance card for Blackpool* :devil:

at your own peril!!!!!!!! :reallymad :wink:

TheTramp
13th-February-2003, 08:36 PM
Why DV. Surely you don't want to dance with a weirdo chicken anyhow.....! :na:

Steve

Graham
13th-February-2003, 11:38 PM

Jayne's right - I will be going, and of course I'll dance with you. Wendy says she'll dance with you too if you get stuck, as long as you don't mind doing the first move over and over. :wink: (Sadly I haven't yet bought her a new computer and she is having to make do with looking over my shoulder :tears: )

Graham
13th-February-2003, 11:45 PM
With such excellent powers of observation, I wonder what else you noticed? The Tramp tells us that Dave Hancock was a true Scotsman on Saturday, under that kilt, can you confirm? Or maybe I should be asking Wendy:D

Can't say I was looking in that direction! :what: :really: Wendy was singing his praises afterwards though.....

See you Saturday,yes some of the MAd crowd will be there:D :D

GREAT!! :grin:

Dancing Veela
14th-February-2003, 10:52 AM
Why DV. Surely you don't want to dance with a weirdo chicken anyhow.....! :na:

Steve

Why would I not? I enjoyed dancing with one last weekend!:wink:

Dancing Veela
14th-February-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Graham
Jayne's right - I will be going, and of course I'll dance with you. Wendy says she'll dance with you too if you get stuck, as long as you don't mind doing the first move over and over. :wink: (Sadly I haven't yet bought her a new computer and she is having to make do with looking over my shoulder :tears: )

Ok great - not sure now if I will be going but if I am I will get someone to point you all out to me so that I can get these dances. Tell Wendy not to worry, I know a few moves as well so when she gets stuck I'll take over the lead (many men will tell you I do that to them too - but don't believe a word of it - but then again they'd have to admit that they get stuck !!!!!!)

John S
14th-February-2003, 12:25 PM
I know a few moves as well

Yep

I'll take over the lead (many men will tell you I do that to them too)

Yep

Sandy
14th-February-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by John S
Yep

[B]

Yep

Hey John where were you last Saturday?? You were missed!

Next time;)

Sandy

Stuart M
22nd-February-2003, 10:17 AM
Those of a knee-rvous disposition should look away now…assuming the picture appears (is it meant to appear in the preview?) :wink:

DavidB
22nd-February-2003, 10:59 AM
Did he get the kilt to match the Forum colours???

Dreadful Scathe
22nd-February-2003, 12:11 PM
Theres some sort of towel monster about to jump up his kilt !!

Hey isnt that Audrey Hepburn hes dancing with ?

Heather
22nd-February-2003, 01:14 PM
:D :D Yes, David, Franck chose the kilt to match the Official Ceroc colours!!! He says it's the official Ceroc Tartan!!!!!:wink:
I hope that means that we can expect to see Obi, Scot, (and maybe even Viktor, although he is not technically Ceroc anymore), all sporting the Ceroc kilt in the future!!!!:wink:
Franck is a real trendsetter!!!!:D :D The MAd crew want to know if he intends to get matching underwear, or will he be a real Scotsman the next time he wears it!!!
:wink:
Heather,
XX

Tiggerbabe
22nd-February-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by DavidB
Did he get the kilt to match the Forum colours??? Of course he did! Our Franck's a CEROC man through and through :wink:

funnily enough David - it kinda matched his eyes too (Well after one or two bottles of wine at the "after-party" party :waycool: )

And I have it on good authority that the kilt will be making another appearance at the Champs in May :D

Jayne
26th-February-2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Stuart M
Those of a knee-rvous disposition should look away now…assuming the picture appears (is it meant to appear in the preview?) :wink: Hey Franck, we should *really* dance together more often - we look as if we're having a complete ball!! :wink: :wink:

Thanks Stuart! :sick:

J :nice:

Franck
26th-February-2003, 04:11 PM
Hey Franck, we should *really* dance together more often - we look as if we're having a complete ball!! :wink: :wink: Yeah... Not the best picture ever (regardless of the kilt :wink: ).
For the record, I did enjoy our dances :D I was probably needing another can of Red Bull :nice:
It's funny how pictures can never capture the fun / energy of dancing!

David, I did choose the colour to match the website / Ceroc colours :nice: as Sheena says, I am a Ceroc man through and through...

The kilt should make its next appearance at the Ceroc Champs on the 4th May, so at least you have some warning, and you can cancel your tickets if you are of a sensitive disposition :sick:

Franck.

Stuart M
26th-February-2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Franck
Yeah... Not the best picture ever (regardless of the kilt :wink: ).

It's funny how pictures can never capture the fun / energy of dancing!

Thanks Stuart! :sick:

Sorry, guys :sorry - I was going to crop the picture down to just the kilt, and start a "guess who?" competition, but it wouldn't have lasted long - after all everyone knows what Franck's knees look like... :grin:

Like you say Franck, good dance photos are really difficult. Well, for me anyway. If anyone has any tips, maybe they could start a new thread on the subject...?